新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 现代新Sante Fe七座SUV长线测评 (2013-4-16) ruanhui2k · 咪咪的故事 (2010-1-5) kawara
· 分享一下:如何在墙上(石膏板)安装重物: D.I.Y-安装窗帘 (2010-3-4) chouchou-mama · (原创)一个MM的买车心得 (2009-3-18) £猪猪£
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:黑山老妖

The story of a young immigrant (so far) [复制链接]

发表于 2006-12-27 11:11 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 马甲一号 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 马甲一号 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
看了。谢谢。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2006-12-27 11:41 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 maribel 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 maribel 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Goood one, Lao Yao. Your article must have given many people the food for thought. For the majority of new immigrants particularly teenage immigrants like you, life in the very first few months in Australia is on roller coaster, we tasted happiness and bitterness, even though the happiness might not be as massive as we would evalute in China, even though the bitterness could be 10 times untolerable than what we'd experienced in the past, but whatever, if you wanna survive in a absolutely different society and environment, or a dog-eat-dog world, you must learn the rules of game, learn to be mentally strong (or maybe physically strong/fit will do you advantage as well haha), never let anything beat you down, and what's more important you have the strongest desire to create your new life with your hands, no matter what kind of your first job is, no matter what others comment behind your back, coz you are sailing from a different starting point but you are catching up with others with your own efforts day by day, year by year. Proudly those diligent and intelligent Chinese new immigrants!

In retrospect, I will never forget the two jobs esp. the 2nd one I had worked in Australia b/w 2005 and 2006, it taught me to be more patient and never give up myself, even in those very tiring and sweat days, I told myself that I would find the gate that's opening for me one day if I insist, just hang in there, you'll be there sooner or later. This experience also made me cherish the current job I am working, though I won't do it for my whole life in OZ, I know the next one will be better coz I am moving on with every experience accumulated today...

LIFE IS TOUGH, BUT WE CAN BE TOUGHER, CAN'T WE?! 1

退役斑竹 2007 年度奖章获得者 2008年度奖章获得者 特殊贡献奖章 参与宝库编辑功臣

发表于 2006-12-27 11:57 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 黑山老妖 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 黑山老妖 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Well said maribel. Starting a new life is never easy. There are so many things you are trying to get a grip of at once while everyone seems to be fighting your effort to be one of them. Persistance and hard work devliers us to a better future. Ignore what others might have said about you, do what you think is right.

In a long dark storm, your belief is your lighthouse. Hold on to it, keep sailing towards it and with enough effort (and a bit of luck) you will get there.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
蓝山小妖 + 5

查看全部评分

Happy Wife = Happy Life

发表于 2006-12-27 12:26 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 maribel 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 maribel 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 黑山老妖 于 2006-12-27 11:57 发表
Well said maribel. Starting a new life is never easy. There are so many things you are trying to get a grip of at once while everyone seems to be fighting your effort to be one of them. Persistance ...

Cannot agree with you more! Just take a simple instance, an immigrant and an aussie are competing for the same position, the immigrant's success will duplicate their achievement based on all the factors considered all the way along.    Starting doing anything is not easy actually,and Persistence, Intelligence and Diligence will guide us thru the dark tunnel to the brightest destination.

I must have been contagious with your poetic response.

2008年度奖章获得者

发表于 2006-12-31 00:51 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 蓝山小妖 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 蓝山小妖 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Applause 4 u, baby, I will be by ur side forever. From now on, we don't "survive" any more, we "enjoy" life. 夫妻同心,其力断金。

参与宝库编辑功臣

发表于 2006-12-31 07:35 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bffbffbff 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bffbffbff 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
哎...你们双妖年度大奖得之无愧啊...
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2006-12-31 10:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Kingfisher 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Kingfisher 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
so amazing, so touched! Thanks LAOYAO for sharing your stories with us...

+++++

发表于 2006-12-31 10:30 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Kingfisher 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Kingfisher 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
wish you all best! Blessing...

发表于 2006-12-31 11:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 西门吹哨 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 西门吹哨 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Wish u and xiao yao a better 2007!

发表于 2006-12-31 11:04 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 黑山老妖 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 黑山老妖 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Thank you my friends. :)

发表于 2006-12-31 11:04 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 西门吹哨 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 西门吹哨 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 Kingfisher 于 2006-12-31 11:30 发表
wish you all best! Blessing...

U 2 and my future sister-in-law 2
Advertisement
Advertisement
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2006-12-31 11:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 austeps_join 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 austeps_join 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
足迹英文写得最好都在这里发言,留名!祝各位来年心想事成.

发表于 2006-12-31 11:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 悉尼阳光 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 悉尼阳光 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Life is full of up and down, but yet beautiful. Cheer up, everyone, look forward to 2007 with the hope of a better year.

At times when I do get upset and frustrated with living here as an immigrant, I said to myself " It is ok to be down for a little while, but life goes on, I have to be strong not just for myself, but also for those who love me and care about me"

For all those who are still new for this country, those who are still wondering what their future life will be like, please do not give up, please try your best, we will all go through the darkness of life, one day when we look back, we will be so proud of ourselves because we stand up strong in this country.

发表于 2006-12-31 11:30 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 白衣人 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 白衣人 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
good experience, thanks for sharing

发表于 2006-12-31 12:17 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Orchid 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Orchid 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
满眼都是英文,要慢慢看哦。先留名。

发表于 2007-1-11 06:22 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 purpleme 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 purpleme 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I like you wrote 'Most importantly I wish you a life of contentment';)

Memory is our unforgetten past period;0)
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2007-7-31 20:15 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tracy@syd 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tracy@syd 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
写的真好

老妖今年新年前该些续集了吧,呵呵

发表于 2007-8-1 17:07 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 daidailx 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 daidailx 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
看到这么长的英文原创就景仰,景仰完了再用词霸看,嘿嘿

发表于 2007-8-1 17:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 daidailx 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 daidailx 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
生词不少,不过看完觉得花的时间很值.当人生的激励,真实而生动,谢谢老妖!还很佩服这个,嘿嘿

Fortunately I was quite athletic so no one dared to pick a fight with me.

发表于 2007-8-2 23:12 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 careycat 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 careycat 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
能够充分想象lz少年时期遇到的磨砺。到不一定是身体上的,精神层面的更加让人困惑与挣扎。lz的性格坚韧,没有在种种的波浪中丢失自我,这个也是lz今天对事物有比较深的认知程度的原因。人需要磨练才能够迅速成长,这样的过程是很艰辛的。非常宝贵的经验,启发人生呢!相信lz今后的路只会越来越宽。

加分!

发表于 2007-8-3 09:25 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 云淡风轻 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 云淡风轻 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
it turned my world right on its head
这句话什么意思呀?
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2007-8-3 10:10 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 云淡风轻 于 2007-8-3 09:25 发表
it turned my world right on its head
这句话什么意思呀?

把以前的一切认识都推翻了。从头来过。
Happy Wife = Happy Life

发表于 2007-8-3 12:59 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 云淡风轻 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 云淡风轻 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我都能读懂。可是怎样才能写得这么好呢?郁闷!!!
对这语言我可

发表于 2007-8-3 13:08 |显示全部楼层
we don't "survive" any more
这句呢?嘿嘿?

发表于 2007-8-3 13:13 |显示全部楼层
life in the very first few months in Australia is on roller coaster
roller滚筒, 辊子
coaster近海贸易货船
这俩连一起什么意思?

the happiness might not be as massive as we would evalute in China
这单词没找到。

coz you are sailing from a different starting point
coz(cousin 的缩写)堂兄弟姊妹, 表兄弟姊妹?

just hang in there

[ 本帖最后由 云淡风轻 于 2007-8-3 13:32 编辑 ]

发表于 2007-8-3 14:31 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 落灯花 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 落灯花 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
ls还可以读懂, 简直就是英文阅读考试啊~~~
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2007-8-3 14:55 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 leaf2006 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 leaf2006 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
老妖原来这么小就来澳了,中文还这么好。真是不容易啊! good on you!

发表于 2007-8-3 18:05 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 落灯花 于 2007-8-3 14:31 发表
ls还可以读懂, 简直就是英文阅读考试啊~~~

到底是小孩子:读懂是一回事,字没认全是另外一回事。理解能力往往和生活阅历相辅。
你懂么?解释一下看看。不可以光说不练呦

发表于 2007-8-3 18:07 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 落灯花 于 2007-8-3 14:31 发表
ls还可以读懂, 简直就是英文阅读考试啊~~~

到底是小孩子:读懂是一回事,字没认全是另外一回事。理解能力往往和生活阅历相辅。
你懂么?解释一下看看。不可以光说不练呦

发表于 2007-8-3 18:09 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 落灯花 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 落灯花 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
呵呵呵,你怎么了呀?

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部