新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 个人总结买房优先次序 (2018-8-15) aabb1234 · 阿德雷德 (多图) (2013-3-20) tld128
· 《好日子DIY》建造AP系统的全过程,更新到第七集,一个人的大工程 (2013-4-14) 生菜先生 · 点评下最近看过的几个墨尔本小学(更新了Tintern Girls Grammer School) (2010-5-3) Mylittlelover
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 862|回复: 14

split contribution to spouse account (super) [复制链接]

发表于 2006-5-7 14:32 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 浪淘沙 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 浪淘沙 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
刚收到super的annual report, 中间提到我可以open an account for spouse, and split my contribution with my spouse (effective from year 2006). 我知道super有规定可以make after tax contribution to super of low income spouse, and get some tax rabate. 但是split my contribution 是什么东东?和contribute to low income spouse in super, and get some tax rabate.是一个意思吗?
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2006-5-7 15:28 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 leaf2006 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 leaf2006 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Yes, that's what it means, to contribute to the low income spouse and claim a tax rebate for the contribution.

发表于 2006-5-7 15:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 leaf2006 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 leaf2006 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Split contribution is contributing to your spouse and to yourself. There is also a govt co-contribution to people with less than 56k income.

发表于 2006-5-7 16:00 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 浪淘沙 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 浪淘沙 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
leaf2006  在 2006-5-7 15:29 发表:

Split contribution is contributing to your spouse and to yourself. There is also a govt co-contribution to people with less than 56k income.

"Split contribution is contributing to your spouse and to yourself", sorry, it confused me. What's split contribution, split what form what? Thanks.

发表于 2006-5-7 16:07 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 maribel 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 maribel 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
恩,是有点CONFUSING,不知这里的SPLIT CONTRIBUTION是不是讲将同等本来CONTRIBUTE到你SUPER FUND 账户下的钱劈成两半或其他比例,一处进你账户,一处进你SPOUSE账户

发表于 2006-5-7 16:07 |显示全部楼层
leaf2006  在 2006-5-7 15:29 发表:

"Split contribution is contributing to your spouse and to yourself", sorry, it confused me. What's split contribution, split what form what? Thanks.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2006-5-7 16:56 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bctransit 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bctransit 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
例如你现在super account里面有$1000, 届时你可以要求将其中$500转如你配偶的super账户,自己留下$500

发表于 2006-5-7 18:19 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 江南叶 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 江南叶 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
bctransit  在 2006-5-7 16:56 发表:

例如你现在super account里面有$1000, 届时你可以要求将其中$500转如你配偶的super账户,自己留下$500

转和不转,在税务上有什么不同呢?
沥沥花朝雨  纤纤江南叶

发表于 2006-5-7 19:38 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bctransit 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bctransit 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
这个和税务暂时没有什么联系,但很快,super的税率将会有所下调,可能就这一两个礼拜

发表于 2006-5-8 16:38 |显示全部楼层
bctransit  在 2006-5-7 19:38 发表:

这个和税务暂时没有什么联系,但很快,super的税率将会有所下调,可能就这一两个礼拜

既然没有关系,那为什么要转呢,而且在report上作为一个advantage 来说。还是不明白。

发表于 2006-5-8 17:13 |显示全部楼层
浪淘沙  在 2006-5-8 04:38 PM 发表:

既然没有关系,那为什么要转呢,而且在report上作为一个advantage 来说。还是不明白。

能转当然是一个好处,目前contribution splitting对你的收入税率没有影响,但有可能会影响到你将来提取super时要交的税 (you got 2 RBL and 2 tax free threshold)

[ Last edited by bctransit on 2006-5-8 at 05:13 PM ]
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2006-5-8 17:15 |显示全部楼层
The tax free threshold is the part of a super benefit that will not be taxed if paid after age 55

A Reasonable Benefit Limit (RBL) is the maximum amount of super a member can receive ove their lifetime at a reduced tax rate. Any super benefits over the RBL are taxed at the individual's highest tax rate
头像被屏蔽

禁止访问

发表于 2006-5-8 21:01 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 philgu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 philgu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
The maximum you can split for spouse is up to 85% of your current year contribution. Considering 15% contribution tax, it meant 100% of your current year contribution.
It is totally different from government co-contribution and spouse co-contribution. I highly doubt there will be any significant change in super tax this time around in tommorrow's budget. Super tax is already very favorable against any other form of investment. It is the thought of locking it away for decades turning people away.

发表于 2006-5-8 21:42 |显示全部楼层
philgu  在 2006-5-8 09:01 PM 发表:

The maximum you can split for spouse is up to 85% of your current year contribution. Considering 15% contribution tax, it meant 100% of your current year contribution.
It is totally different from ...

澳洲是世界少有的几国国家对super征税的了,maximum you can split是
85% of taxed contributions; and
100% of untaxed contributions.
头像被屏蔽

禁止访问

发表于 2006-5-8 22:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 philgu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 philgu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
bctransit  在 2006-5-8 09:42 PM 发表:

澳洲是世界少有的几国国家对super征税的了,maximum you can split是
85% of taxed contributions; and
100% of untaxed contributions.

Everything about the super/pension arrangement is stupidly complex (quite often is overly so). I can't remember how many component there are in ETP now (somewhere close to 10???). If people can't understand it, they rather buy houses (brick and mortar seem to be solid enough!!). The other thing is most of people's super in my view is invested in paper securities (mostly in managed fund). How many times do you see people invest part of their super into gold or other form of assets? Almost none. In the case of war, all forms of securities price can tank easily. Can you guarantee it wouldn't happen during the time when the super can be locked in for decades? My guess is no one can. Remeber when inflation spirals, gold retains its value. (it is only arguably true when the inflation is benign.)

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部