新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 混合动力车省油技巧 【附油电车简单介绍】 (更新了怎样刹车) (2013-1-20) 大大小小 · 同事系列之五 (2019-10-25) 秋山
· 大头家常菜 -- 炒疙瘩,耗油辣卤豆泡 (2008-8-3) datou2z · E&E -- 简单易学的weekday家常菜-29道菜更新完毕!Bon Appetit! (2009-5-12) 闲夏采薇
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 1563|回复: 11

[财务贷款] Insurance is required for investment property ? [复制链接]

发表于 2009-12-10 11:01 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Ausshirley 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Ausshirley 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Just bought an investment property,  now is near the settlement day.  The loan is with CommonWealth Bank.
I got a call from CommonWealth Bank insurance staff who is  suggesting me to buy two part of insurance for the property 1)Insurance before settlement, 2) insurance after settlement.

Questions:  
   Are these two parts insurance are normally required or optional? Or different bank with different policy?  Urgently need the answers. Thanks in advance.
   I personally try not to buy it to save some money, but not sure if Ok not to buy them.
Advertisement
Advertisement

退役斑竹

发表于 2009-12-10 12:06 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Devil_Star 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Devil_Star 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I reckon you should get the PDS and read through it before you make a decision of purchase. Personally I think building insurance is a must but mortgage repayment insurance is optional.

发表于 2009-12-10 13:06 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 patricb 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 patricb 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Also landlord insurance is optional in this case.

发表于 2009-12-10 13:13 |显示全部楼层

回复 3# 的帖子

此文章由 qqyang 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 qqyang 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Westpac的landlord insurance很便宜的,我买了才292一年,

评分

参与人数 2积分 +6 收起 理由
patricb + 3 感谢分享 not offen we get that comment
Devil_Star + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2009-12-10 13:25 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 n95 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 n95 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
最好买一个吧

发表于 2009-12-10 13:32 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 qqyang 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 qqyang 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
买了能扣税,税后才化200出头,你想了,要是房客搞破坏,赖租金,200多你还不够出庭费+交通费啊。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-12-10 14:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 blahblah 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 blahblah 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
With the landlord insurance, you need to make sure there is a signed lease with the tenants. Otherwise you may not be able to claim the lost from default rent.

However I am not sure what happen after the least finished? Do they need another signed lease?

Also Westpac requests the building insurance as well for the settlement. However you can cancel the policy once settlement and change to any other better one you like. Balance on your policy should be refunded, at least Westpac does.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
patricb + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2009-12-10 19:08 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Cramzhang 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Cramzhang 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
allianz currently has 3-month free cover before settlement.
you can try this one.

发表于 2009-12-11 08:37 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ManauDou 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ManauDou 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 qqyang 于 10/12/2009 13:13 发表
Westpac的landlord insurance很便宜的,我买了才292一年,

请问292是包括租金的么?我问了几个保险都是300多一年呢?

发表于 2010-1-15 18:35 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Ausshirley 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Ausshirley 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Finally, only bought the basic BuildingInsurance to start with.  Thanks for all the response.

BTW.
For landlord insurance,  wondering if only useful when you are trying to rent out the property by yourslef? If you have an real estate agent to handle your property,  no use to have it, right?

退役斑竹

发表于 2010-1-15 20:05 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Devil_Star 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Devil_Star 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 Ausshirley 于 2010-1-15 19:35 发表
Finally, only bought the basic BuildingInsurance to start with.  Thanks for all the response.

BTW.
For landlord insurance,  wondering if only useful when you are trying to rent out the property  ...

Real Estate Agents can NOT guarantee that your tenants will pay you what you are entitled to. For example if your tenants vandlise your property and run away, real estate agents will not be responsible for the damage. So that's one of the situations you'd wish you were covered by the landlord insurance.
海賊王に俺はなる!
背中の傷は、剣士の恥だ!
生きたいッ!
パンツ見せてもらってもよろしいでしょうか!
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most adaptable to change.
[img][/img]
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2010-1-16 15:05 |显示全部楼层

回复 11# 的帖子

Thanks.  

Looks  I should buy the Landlord insurance,  and  it's better to find an agent to manage the investment property than to do it by yourself.  Probably that's the way I should start with.

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部