新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 糖葫芦 (2012-5-20) Y叔 · 跳槽小结,内有资深HR回帖讲解招聘流程 (2021-2-19) kitcat
· 2024首发游——走马观新12天(最新更新到槟城) (2024-2-6) harbridge · SK 怀旧经典动画片之一 ~~ 哎呦喂,娜娜小姐唉,这下出状况了也 (2008-3-30) steveking
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:hxsh2000

[学习培训] 系统的学习Data & Analytics [复制链接]

发表于 2021-8-16 15:14 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 hxsh2000 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 hxsh2000 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
How to Be More Authentic at Work
在很多的时候,都能听到”华人凭什么可以领导本地人,甚至带领本地人的团队来达到要取得的目标和成就“。很多人又往往因为自信心的不足,对自己的文化和背景的认可不够,对自己的优势甚至能力的没有很强的认可,而在工作中戴着“面具“生存,而这种妥协或者后退一步没办法坚持自己的方式,并不愉快。那么结果往往就只能在其他人擅长或特长的领域里竞争,在这种明显处于竞争劣势的环境中,很容易得到失败的经验,进而越强化无法竞争甚至不能与之竞争,或者做不到的信念。

"
Our own experiences can also encourage us to conform, including minority status. In my surveys Opens in new window, I ask people how much they feel that they are a minority, and in which categories, such as age, political orientation, and race. The more areas where we identify as being a minority, the more likely we are to feel pressured to create a facade of conformity. In more collectivist-oriented cultures, which place value on group harmony, the pressure to conform is even greater.

Sometimes, we actually get advice from people we trust that encourages us to conform. I've had some older people in my life say, “Be careful now, keep your head down. Everybody doesn't have to know what's going on in your life.” My elders were concerned that I, an African American woman in the business world, not create a stir and become overscrutinized on matters beyond my work performance. This well-intended advice (and often useful advice, depending upon the context), alongside my inherent human desire to self-actualize, continually inspire me to understand what it means to be more authentic. How do we do that?
"

How to be more authentic

Now for that part no one ever explained to you: the nuts and bolts of how to be authentic. To start off, the first question to ask about your core values is whether they are functional. Do they compromise relationships? Is there any bias connected to them? If they are dysfunctional, then it is time to reevaluate them and develop new core values, understanding that it may take some work. Core values are the basis of our habits and are therefore difficult to change, but it’s necessary if those habits (although authentic) are working against you.

As you evaluate your core values, you can ask these questions: What are my negotiables and non-negotiables? What would make my work environment more engaging for me? What would make me feel more authentic? When I am unable to be myself when it comes to my values, how do I feel?

The principle is that when you compromise your core values, you are compromising your well-being.

You don't have to do it all at work. Maybe there are other contexts where you can express your political values, for example. Authenticity is not really about exuding everything and baring your soul all the time. It's about identifying what's important to you and determining how much you can integrate those values into your work life or other areas, so that you can experience life satisfaction, feel engaged, and make a positive contribution to work and society.

The challenge of organizations today is how to manage a workplace that encourages authenticity. As a leader, what do you do when everyone is bringing in diverse perspectives? You have to manage those perspectives in a way that still allows the organization to be efficient and thrive. More than ever, it’s going to require courage. Leaders who are not afraid of difficult conversations. Leaders who are willing to do the work to address their biases and counteract longstanding prejudices against certain perspectives in the workplace.

Those leaders who are willing to take this on will benefit from more innovative conversations, organizational learning, and employees feeling confident and engaged because they're bringing their true selves into the workplace.

It starts with you taking those risks, according to your level of comfort, and taking more steps to reach that threshold where you and those around you experience the full benefits of your authenticity. Remember, authenticity is a journey, and no one can tell you where it should lead you. For some of you, being authentic might be the most courageous thing you have ever done.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2021-8-17 10:41 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 hxsh2000 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 hxsh2000 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Edx 《The Foundations of Happiness at Work》by Berkeley Uni
Learn and Practice "Connectedness at Work"

"
Video: Reminders of Connectedness Introduction (2:03)

EVE EKMAN: One of the most effective ways to increase our happiness at work is to strengthen our interpersonal connections. Bringing more trust and care into our social connections helps us coordinate effort, innovate in teams, handle setbacks, and celebrate successes at work. Even if we have close friendships with colleagues at work, we can lose track of these connections when we're under stress.

Does that sound familiar? One way to maintain a greater sense of connection at work is to regularly remind ourselves of our shared humanity, common interests with others, and potential to make a difference in the world at work.

First, we can do this by making changes to the physical space, small aesthetic shifts that support and remind us of our basic commonality and cooperative nature. For example, create a special area where people can informally interact at work, to congregate and chat with snacks or coffee. Does this already exist at your workplace? Can this space be made even more inviting?

Secondly, is there imagery, or art, or other design elements around your space that remind people of our common humanity? An easy way to do this is to set up a shared photo board with family photos, funny pictures from childhood, or employee outings. You can also decorate the walls with images and quotes that inspire connection or togetherness, or even post banners with words like inclusion, community,
or friendship. Creating a workplace setting that makes socializing easy and fun encourages meaningful interactions that can turn into close friendships.

Workplace friendships are linked to increased job satisfaction, performance, effective teamwork, and more. Having friends at work is natural. Humans have a strong propensity to form social bonds wherever
they are. To create a workplace where social connections can thrive, make this space feel welcoming and curate visuals that highlight collaboration.

To get started, go to the next section, Reminders of Connection. Try it now.
"

Learning by Doing:
"
Reminders of Connectedness at Work

Research suggests that even subtle reminders of connection, operating below the conscious level, can lead to concrete, measurable increases in altruistic behavior, creating positive interactions at work. Studies show that positive interactions at work are linked to increased job satisfaction, job performance, cooperation, and more. This exercise walks you through the process of considering how you can add reminders of social connection to your office, or workplace.

It may be easiest to do this practice while you are at work, but it can also be done elsewhere. Please take a moment to respond where prompted for each of the steps below.

1. Take a moment to look around your office or workplace. Write down the kind of objects, words, and images that surround you in the space below.

2. Count how many of these objects, words, and images are related to social connectedness. This could include pictures of people interacting, or words like “community,” “together,” or “friendship.” Enter this number into the space below.

3. Notice whether there are any empty walls or shelves where you could add new objects related to connectedness, or places where you or your boss could replace existing objects. Write down where you may be able to add reminders of connectedness to your office or workplace in the space below.

4. Next time you’re out shopping or looking through your belongings, see if you can find objects that evoke connection, even in a subtle way, and use them to fill these empty places or to replace existing objects at your workplace.

5. Finally, consider how the furniture in your office or workplace is arranged. Are chairs facing toward or away from each other? Are there common spaces that are conducive to social interaction? Rearranging the layout of your office or workplace can also help to promote feelings of connectedness.
"

发表于 2021-8-17 22:30 |显示全部楼层
《The Foundations of Happiness at Work》:A conversation with researcher and author Monica Worline about suffering, empathy, and kindness at work.

-- This interview originally appeared on Greater Good Magazine Opens in new window, the online magazine of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley.

Monica Worline is Executive Director of the CompassionLab at the University of Michigan, a research scientist at the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford University, and co-author of Awakening Compassion at Work Opens in new window, forthcoming in February 2017 from Berrett-Koehler. She sat down with author and entrepreneur Nir Eyal to discuss why empathetic teams make better business deals, how more caring leaders can help prevent corporate scandals, and the steps for cultivating compassion at work. This conversation originally appeared  in Heleo: In-Depth Conversations with the World’s Leading Thinkers

"
Monica Worline: Well, it might seem soft and fuzzy, but in fact, if you’re trying to innovate quickly and telling people to fail fast, people hate to fail, and failing creates suffering. Compassion is a response to suffering, to alleviate that suffering. It is key to learning on the job. In the innovation space, compassion is at the heart of failing fast and recovering quickly.

Nir Eyal: How do we do it? How do we cultivate more compassion with ourselves, for our customers, for our coworkers?

Monica Worline: Well, we talk about four steps to creating more compassion in ourselves.

The first step is noticing more. When we all get busy, distracted, or overloaded, we stop paying attention to the quality of other people’s lives. So notice more and you’ll automatically be more compassionate because you’ll see that people are in pain.

The second step is to slow down enough to interpret more generously. When a colleague makes a mistake, for instance, your first interpretation if you’re under a lot of pressure might be, “Stupid.” If you slow down a bit and say, “They’re trying, just like me. They’re overloaded, just like me. I could understand how they might have made that mistake,” that brings out more compassion in the system.

The third step is to cultivate your empathy. Empathy Opens in new window is the ability to feel concerned for what another person is going through, and if you interpret more generously, then that leads to the fourth step, which is stepping in to take action. So if you have a colleague who’s so overloaded that they’re making mistakes and you see it’s likely they’ll continue to do that, you may step in and offer to help. You may have a conversation with them about whether they’re aware of the pattern that they’re in. You may ask them if something else is going on in their life that’s contributing to this, that you could help alleviate. Those are the personal steps. Noticing, interpreting generously, feeling more empathy, and then taking some action.

Monica Worline: We tend to use our training, our background experience, our intellectual knowledge and development, whatever field we’ve been socialized in, as a set of background conditions. When we’re under time pressure or put into a kind of box and we have to make a quick decision, we jump to a stereotypical point of view about other people that comes from those.
"

发表于 2021-8-17 22:55 |显示全部楼层
这种互相感激的实践,在现实工作中非常的有用,特别是在工作中,有专门的平台来给整个公司提供相互感激的机会,能把对方整个部门和头头脑脑们放进去一起感激的时候,效果佳,非常的佳哈!

Learning by Doing -- Thnx4 Gratitude Challenge: The Why and the How

"
TIME REQUIRED
15 minutes per day, at least once per week for at least two weeks. Studies suggest that writing in a gratitude journal three times per week might actually have a greater impact on our happiness than journaling every day.

HOW TO DO IT
There’s no wrong way to keep a gratitude journal in Thnx4, but here are some general instructions as you get started.

Write into Thnx4 up to five things that you feel grateful for from your workday. The physical record is important—don’t just do this exercise in your head. The things you list can be relatively small in importance (“The tasty sandwich I had for lunch today”) or relatively large (“I received a promotion”). The goal of the exercise is to remember a good event, experience, person, or thing from your workday—then enjoy the good emotions that come with it.

As you write, here are nine important tips:

1. Be as specific as possible—specificity is key to fostering gratitude. “I’m grateful that my co-workers brought me soup when I was sick on Tuesday” will be more effective than “I’m grateful for my co-workers.”
2. Go for depth over breadth. Elaborating in detail about a particular person or thing for which you’re grateful carries more benefits than a superficial list of many things.
3. Get personal. Focusing on people to whom you are grateful has more of an impact than focusing on things for which you are grateful.
4. Try subtraction, not just addition. Consider what your life would be like without certain people or things, rather than just tallying up all the good stuff. Be grateful for the negative outcomes you avoided, escaped, prevented, or turned into something positive—try not to take that good fortune for granted.
5. See good things as “gifts.” Thinking of the good things in your life as gifts guards against taking them for granted. Try to relish and savor the gifts you’ve received.
6. Savor surprises. Try to record events that were unexpected or surprising, as these tend to elicit stronger levels of gratitude.
7. Revise if you repeat. Writing about some of the same people and things is OK, but zero in on a different aspect in detail.
8. Write regularly. Whether you write every other day or once a week, commit to a regular time to journal in Thnx4, then honor that commitment. But…
Don’t overdo it. Evidence suggests writing occasionally (1-3 times per week) is more beneficial than daily journaling. That might be because we adapt to positive events and can soon become numb to them—that’s why it helps to savor surprises.

WHY YOU SHOULD TRY IT
It’s easy to take the good things and people in our lives and at work for granted, but research suggests that consciously giving thanks for them can have profound effects on our well-being and relationships. This exercise helps you develop a greater appreciation for the good in your work life. In fact, people who routinely express gratitude enjoy better health and greater happiness.

WHY IT WORKS
While it’s important to analyze and learn from mistakes we make at work, sometimes we can think too much about what goes wrong and not enough about what goes right. Thnx4 forces us to pay attention to the good things from work we might otherwise take for granted. In that way, we start to become more attuned to the sources of pleasure around us at work—and the emotional tone of our work life can shift in profound ways. What’s more, actually writing about these events is key: Research suggests translating thoughts into concrete language makes us more aware of them, deepening their emotional impact.
"

发表于 2021-8-18 15:57 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 hxsh2000 于 2021-8-18 16:02 编辑

很有趣的一段“权力悖论”的论述 By Dacher Keltner (Ref: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/profile/dacher_keltner)
人们常常通过展示PERK(Purpose, Empathy, Resilience, Kindness),尊重他人,富有同情心等来获得权力;然而在得到了权力之后呢,却在慢慢的失去这些原本让她们得到权力的那些优秀品质。

the Power Paradox, a systematic pattern of behavior that has emerged from his rigorous laboratory research on social power. In a nutshell, the pattern is: 1) People rise into positions of power at work by exhibiting qualities and characteristics that support PERK, like behaving in accordance with core values, being courageous in the wake of failure, or interacting with others in respectful and empathic ways; and 2) once people are in power, they unwittingly shift towards an orientation that is more self-focused, socially dominant, or dismissive, or involves exploiting resources for their own benefit. This presents a unique challenge to workplaces, which nearly all have hierarchies, where some people have more control and influence than others—both deserved and, regrettably, arbitrary. Luckily, there are effective strategies for avoiding that shift towards selfish, immoral tendencies that comes with power, and maintaining the skills that are foundational to effective leadership.
"

This experience of power propels the individual forward in one of two directions: toward the abuse of power and impulsive and unethical actions, or toward benevolent behavior that advances the greater good.

Power makes us feel less dependent upon others, freeing us to shift our focus away from others to our own goals and desires. Power corrupts in four ways:

Power leads to empathy deficits and diminished moral sentiments.
Power leads to self-serving impulsivity.
Power leads to incivility and disrespect.
Power leads to narratives of exceptionalism.

发表于 2021-8-18 19:12 |显示全部楼层
早前的一个面试,居然也推进到了最后一轮,一个世界前50强的公司的澳洲分部,负责整个finance transformation project,周五和本地的CFO面试,看看谈的如何。

最近面试的范围非常广,从finance transformation, finance systems, 到data and analytics (IT team), marketing analytics & technology (Sales and Marketing team), analytics and insights (Sales and Commercial team)等,啥都过去聊聊,能和各个部门的负责人谈她们的情况和打算做些什么,真真积累了很多很有价值的知识和行业趋势。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2021-8-18 19:22 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 gzrain 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 gzrain 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
szywj 发表于 2021-1-30 12:03
请问各位,有没数据分析思维的课程推荐

国内的IT学习平台“极客时间”最近出了一门《数据分析思维课》,感觉作为通识了解一下还不错

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
hxsh2000 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2021-8-19 21:14 |显示全部楼层
当前很多建立好的公司文化的研究和关注点,都放在了高科技公司。一是因为这些公司非常有钱,且有很大的意愿投入;其次是这些公司的发展非常快,没有很多的传统文化负担,可以从头建立和应用最新的best practice;而且这些领域非常需要员工的creativity & initiatives,提高生产力。这些公司会和各个研究机构和大学合作,一方面应用到前沿的理论和实践成果,又能通过推广建立好的名声,争取到更多的好的员工来源

其次是那些传统的,一直处于垄断半垄断,而且利润稳定又非常好的行业和公司。这些公司原本也处在最前沿阶段,但由于多年的积攒,慢慢的有了更多的历史和传统,已经无法直接应用最新的打破传统的方式了。这些公司很多的会和管理咨询公司合作,使用更加贴合原本公司文化的方式进行优化。

这些建立好的公司/工作的文化,需要很大的,并且持续的投入的,收效也只有长期才能实现和得到。然而对于传统的大部分行业和公司,大部分公司是做不到的。即使有了一些投入,也往往流于表面或者只是喊着口号,或者只是做给外面看的,几乎无法在内部实践。于是这些原本最受影响的公司和群体,却往往最被忽视。

Inclusion Starts With I:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g88Ju6nkcg

发表于 2021-8-21 20:09 |显示全部楼层
突然就这样达到了目标,行业公司和职位都是之前非常想要的,也挤进了200K+的阶段了。

却和九年前的那个七月一样,一方面很满足,又有点怅然若失,因为不知道下一步要如何走,更重要的是要走多久。而我自己如果没有了下一个目标的话,很难再这么拼命的向上挤的。

希望自己能继续更新这个帖子,也即是有着继续学习和努力的时刻和方向,不停歇的寻找着下一个阶段的机会。而非如九年前一样,在突然失去了方向和动力后,转向玩成其他的东西,享受生活去了.

继续的努力,和记录吧,给自己加油!

评分

参与人数 3积分 +13 收起 理由
xjyoyo + 4 感谢分享
yzh1999 + 5 恭喜恭喜
gzrain + 4 偶对你的景仰如滔滔江水

查看全部评分

发表于 2021-8-21 20:31 |显示全部楼层
一个小阶段的总结吧,从开贴一月二十九号到今天八月二十一号,二百零七天,学习计划一共完成了四百个小时的学习,平均每天近两个小时。

期间看完了Data Science,Data Visualisation,SQL的课程,部分完成了Predictive Analytics,Data Engineering,Data Analyst,Tableau的课程。初步熟悉了AWS,Azure数据和分析解决方案的构架和工具。也在学Power BI,Python,Adobe Analytics,Marketing/Digital Analytics的开始过程中。还有在计划和了解各个大学的Executive MBA课程,应该在三年内会开始读。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
AlanTse + 5 偶对你的景仰如滔滔江水

查看全部评分

发表于 2021-8-21 20:49 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 raya 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 raya 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Advertisement
Advertisement