精华好帖回顾

· 参加活动 流金岁月--我喜爱的十部港台剧(已完工) (2011-8-8) 明河素月 · 奶爸车提车作业 (2014-1-13) 1CM
· 养孩子的乐趣 (2006-11-10) sail · 有爱推理小说电影的同学吗? (2005-4-10) 凡戈
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 966|回复: 1

[自购小窝] 发帖记录下新房装修(DIY) [复制链接]

发表于 2019-10-6 12:28 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 悉尼浪子 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 悉尼浪子 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I was bought up in the city and all my life in the past has been studying and working as an office clerk. I have zero experience in DIY projects, even a small one.

Recently, I purchased an old house, I had to do a lot of change-overs, such as change the locks, change the binds to curtains. I have to say, they are not difficult tasks, by watching online videos and trial and error, the jobs will be done, but they are taking twice as much time as a handyman would take, buy, hey, you have got to start somewhere.

Take the installation of the smoke alarm as an example, strangely enough, the house has no single smoke alarm installed, and unfortunately I did not spot that problem during the inspection.

From selecting the smoke alarm, to the final finish of the installation, it actually took me 3 hours.

Following the instructions at the back of the package, i marked the two points where I need to drill the holes.

The first hole was not difficult, but it still took me some time as it is actually the first time to use a drill.

Now, strangely enough, even though the second hole was drilled where it was marked, it fell short – it was too close to the first hole - the two holes on the wall could not align the two holes on the smoke alarm bracket.

And then the second try for the second hole, this time was too far away.

And third time lucky, the third try of the second hole was finally good enough for the bracket to be mounted.

Fortunately, the two additional holes on the wall were covered by the smoke alarm once it is mounted, so at least the marks on the wall are not visible.

I have to say, if i can choose again, i would rather buy a new apartment than an old house, and I rather do ten income tax returns then do a single DIY project.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
windfox + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2019-10-11 19:20 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 cruz7101607 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 cruz7101607 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 cruz7101607 于 2019-11-12 21:27 编辑

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部