精华好帖回顾

· 金融危机征文 - VP辞职 (2008-11-2) theie · 爸爸的关门觉 (2015-5-7) malazhumao
· 最遥远的距离 (2008-2-23) fantergaruo · 双帖齐发之幸运帖--路考一次通过 (2005-8-24) patricb
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 7964|回复: 41

4个月宝宝sleep training 日志 [复制链接]

发表于 2009-3-2 00:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ilchocolate 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ilchocolate 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
宝宝四个月大了,白天睡觉很容易,一般是醒来玩个2个小时我就给他个奶嘴,他就睡了,一个能睡个40分钟到2个小时.晚上睡觉比较麻烦,有时候到11, 12点还很精神,即使睡着了,放到床上马上就醒了. 然后要我抱着哄他入睡.经常要来回折腾很久才settle, 妈妈在的时候,我还支撑得住,因为白天我可以补觉.妈妈回国了,我一个人带孩子,觉得有点吃力了 ,就决心训练他自己睡觉.我知道有的文章是建议6个月后训练宝宝,但也有文章说3,4个月就可以训练了.不过有条件的话,还是晚点training或者等孩子自己大了,自己调整过来的好
我给宝宝sleep training用的参考资料是
Remember, every child is different- some need more or less sleep than others- but variations should not be huge. Most children need A LOT of sleep! Many parents think that when their child refuses to go to bed before 11pm that they "just don't need a lot of sleep". In fact, that child may actually be sleep-deprived!

Ask yourself these questions:  Do you have to wake your child almost every morning?
Does your child fall asleep almost every time he/she is in the car?
Does your child seem cranky, irritable or overtired during the day?
On some nights, does your child seem to crash much earlier than his usual bedtime?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, your child may not be getting enough sleep. It is more important to focus on your child's behavior than the actual number of hours of sleep. As a rule of thumb, the more children sleep at night, the better behaved they will be!

The right AMOUNT and QUALITY of sleep impacts our children's:
attention spans
flexibility
irritability
ability to play independently
ability to take in fully and learn from their environment

Below are some general guidelines as to how many hours of sleep the AVERAGE child requires at various ages.

AGE             NIGHTIME SLEEP            DAYTIME SLEEP          TOTAL SLEEP
1 week             8 ½                                        8(4 naps)                      16 ½   
1 month            8 ½                                       7 (3 naps)                      15 ½
3 months          10                                5 (3 naps)                      15
6 months          11                                3 1/4 (2 naps)                14 1/2  
9 months          11                               3 (2 naps)                        14
12months         11 1/4                         2 1/2 (2 naps)                  13 3/4  
18 months        11 1/4                          2 1/4 (1 nap)                   13 1/2  
2 years             11                                2 (1 nap)                       13
3 years             10 1/2                          1 1/2 (1 nap)                   12
4 years             11 1/2                                                                11 1/2  
5 years             11                                                                      11  
6 years             10 3/4                                                                10 3/4  
7 years             10 1/2                                                                 10 1/2
8 years             10 1/4                                                                 10 1/4  
9 years             10                                                                       10
10 years            9 3/4                                                                   9 3/4  
11 years            9 1/2                                                                   9 1/2  
12 years            9 1/4                                                                   9 1/4  
13 years            9 1/4                                                                   9 1/4  
14 years            9                                                                         9
15 years            8 3/4                                                                   8 3/4  
16 years            8 1/2                                                                   8 1/2
17 years            8 1/4                                                                   8 1/4
18 years            8 1/4                                                                   8 1/4
(taken from "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" by Dr. Richard Ferber).

写文章的妈妈是Parenting杂志的一个主编,她使用的是Kim West的训练方法。
Sleep Success!
How one mom got her baby to snooze through the night牀 and what you can learn from her bedtime makeover
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Maura Rhodes
It's ten to seven on a Wednesday night. In the 20 minutes I've been home from work, I've said goodbye to the sitter, slipped into something comfortable, and dimmed the second-floor lights. Norah Jones's sweet voice is wafting through the hallway, and Will, 12, and Eliza, 4, have been banished downstairs.

By now you're amazed at my daring midweek seduction while the kids are in the house! But while I am trying to get a certain cute guy into bed, it's not my husband (who won't be home for hours) but my 10-month-old, Lucas, whose bedtime routine becomes more elaborate almost nightly. This evening unfolds like every other has over the past several months, ever since Lukey got wise to the fact that life goes on after the lights go out. Putting him to bed has become, if you will, a nightmare:

We start by nursing in the rocker that's been moved to my bedroom, to create some space in the little room that Lucas and Eliza share. He's recently developed a unique nursing style, feeling my face with Helen Keller-like zeal, poking a finger inside my nose, squeezing my pinkie. It drives me nuts but seems to help him relax.

But then Eliza, impatient for some Mommy time, breaks the restraining order and stomps upstairs. I send her away with a stage-whispered promise to read an extra bedtime story if she'll just please stay away until the baby's asleep. Too late: Lucas has snapped out of his near slumber. I take him into his room, shut the door, restart Norah, and we dance. And dance. And dance. At last, Lukey's cheek relaxes against my shoulder. He's out!

Holding him tight to my chest, I jackknife over the crib rail and lay him down, keeping a hand on his body until I'm sure he's going to stay asleep. After raising the side of the crib, all I have to do is travel the ten or so feet between it and the door, backing out on tiptoe, circling around the creaks in the 74-year-old hardwood floor.

Holding my breath, I open the door a crack and squeeze through?#151; just as the dog starts barking at some imaginary intruder. Lucas wakes up and begins to wail. I return to the crib to rub his back. He calms down, but the second I stop, he pops up like a jack-in-the-box and commences screaming. I pat and stroke and caress his forehead, his back, his rump?#151; desperately looking for his "off" switch, the spot that will make him relax and go to sleep. By 8:00, an hour and ten minutes after I started to put him to bed, he's finally snoozing.

Desperate Measures

Bedtime isn't the only sleep issue I have with my otherwise charming babe: He naps only sporadically. And about the time he stopped going to bed willingly, he also stopped sleeping through the night, waking up around 3 a.m. instead.

I'm a little embarrassed, having already shepherded two babies through the land of Nod, to find myself so lost with baby number three. Fortunately, my parental pride doesn't prevent me from realizing that I need professional help.

Enter Kim West, a clinical social worker in Annapolis, Maryland, who specializes in helping weary parents get their kids to sleep. West, a mom of two young daughters, comes by her expertise honestly: While pregnant with her first child ten years ago, she heard so many stories about the perils of parental sleep deprivation that she read all she could and spoke to countless experts on the topic so that she could try to avoid it. She had her first daughter sleeping through the night at 8 weeks, her second at 10.

West works with out-of-town clients by phone (to contact her, visit www.sleeplady.com). First, she has me fill out a questionnaire. She wants to know everything from what and when Lucas eats and how much he weighs to what his temperament is. Then she asks for a detailed outline of a typical day and night with Lucas, including all that we?#151; meaning my husband, Michael, and our sitter, Marilen?#151; do to try to get him to sleep. She'll use this information to both "diagnose" my problem and tailor a plan for us.

Our first phone interview lasts an hour and a half. During it, West clears up one of the great conundrums of parenting: why kids seem to be more wired the less shut-eye they get. If a child doesn't go to sleep at the physiologically appointed time, his brain will say, "Fine, stay up then," and secrete a chemical called cortisol to help keep him awake. As a result, "it takes him longer to go to sleep when you finally get him to bed, and thanks to residual cortisol in his brain, he'll wake up earlier than usual the next day, be overtired, and have trouble napping. It's a downward spiral. Sleep deprivation is cumulative?#151; the less you sleep, the less you sleep," says West.

On to Lucas: Why can't I get him to sleep, or back to sleeping through the night? The answer is simple: I'm not supposed to be getting Lucas to go to sleep?#151; he should be putting himself to sleep. All that nursing and rocking and back rubbing is not only useless, it's also detrimental. West tells me that putting yourself to sleep is a learned skill.

Hatching A Plan

At 10 months, my little boy should:

• sleep 11 hours each night. If he wakes up, he should be able to get back to sleep on his own.

• take a morning and an afternoon nap, catching daytime zzz's in his crib?#151; not his car seat or stroller (which is pretty routine on weekends, when we're trying to cram a week's worth of errands into two days). Each nap should ideally last an hour to an hour and a half.

• be drowsy but awake when he's put down, fall asleep on his own, and if he wakes up during the night, be able to drift back off without help.

• not get out of his crib before 6 a.m. To make this happen, says West, Lucas needs:

• a room of his own. Because Eliza tends to wake up when Lucas does, and Lucas sometimes wakes up when Eliza goes to bed, West asks whether it would be possible for them to sleep in different rooms. We'd been planning to separate the kids anyway, moving Will to the third floor and putting Eliza in his room on the second. Until we can get the rooms painted and the kids' belongings packed up, we decide to move Eliza's twin bed into our bedroom. (If we hadn't had an extra bedroom, West would've had us move Eliza out temporarily, until Lucas was consistently snoozing through the night, and then teach her good "sleep manners"?#151; no talking to or playing with the baby.)

Lucas's room also needs to be equipped with room-darkening shades for optimal sleeping conditions during the day. And, finally, he needs insulation from household noises: West suggests plugging in a white-noise machine or a fan.

• one true lovey?#151; a blanket, doll, or stuffed toy to caress in order to make the transition to sleeptime. West explains that Lucas probably hasn't latched onto a security object himself because he always has Mommy to hang on to. How to play matchmaker? Have an intended object of Lukey's affection on hand while nursing (something soft and safe) and encourage him to squeeze it instead of me. Marilen's to do the same when she gives him a bottle, and everyone's to help by having it around all the time, giving it and Lukey a kiss if he falls down, for example. "You give it life, and he'll start to get it," West says.

• a consistent routine that will cue his brain that it's time to go to bed. Instead of picking from a smorgasbord of sleep-inducing tactics, Michael, Marilen, and I all need to do the same series of things before every nap and at bedtime.

West instructs me to move the rocker back into Lucas's room so that the entire nursing and bedtime routine takes place in one spot. I can add board books, but I need to be consistent with the order in which we read and feed before Lucas hits the hay. Most important: I cannot let him fall asleep while nursing; if he starts to drift off, it's time to put him down.

West's answer to the protracted bedtime crying is surprisingly simple and reassuringly humane. (I know plenty of parents have had success with letting their babies cry it out at night, but I don't have the stomach for it.) Any mom should be able to follow these steps:

• Days 1 through 3: After reading and nursing, I'm to put Lucas in his crib and sit right next to it while he cries for however long it takes him to go to sleep. I can talk to him and pat him through the slats, but I can't pick him up.

• Days 4 through 6: I'll move my chair halfway between the crib and the door and reassure him verbally from there.

• Days 7 and 8: I'll sit right by the door and talk to him.

• Day 9: By now, I should be able to leave the room as soon as I put him in the crib.

To keep Eliza from interrupting, West suggests I "hire" Will to entertain her until my husband gets home or Lukey conks out, whichever comes first. The plan is so simple that West and I agree I can get started that very night, a Friday, even though I can't get all the elements in place (the shades, for example).

Asleep At Last

At home that evening, I'm feeling both apprehensive and optimistic. I strike a deal with Will to keep his sister occupied for five bucks per week. Eliza adores him; no problem there. Nor, of course, does she argue with the news that she's going to be sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room for a while.

West signs off on a 7 p.m. bedtime for Lucas, with an ETA in Dreamland of around 7:30. At the appointed hour, I announce that it's time to go night-night, pick him up, and climb the stairs to his room. Everything goes smoothly at first: We sit and "read" a few books, then I turn on Norah Jones and we nurse. (A note about music: West doesn't advocate it, as some kids get so used to it that they won't be able to sleep without it. But I like it as a bedtime signal and have chosen a CD that I find relaxing too, so we compromise and only let it play through once. And it doesn't get turned on if Lucas wakes up in the middle of the night or during a nap.)

I try redirecting Lukey's roaming hand from my nose to a meltingly soft stuffed zebra, but he keeps pushing it away and grabbing my fingers. At 7:15, he finishes his snack and I lay him down in his crib along with the rejected animal?#151; and he promptly pops up and starts screaming. I pat him through the crib slats and talk to him reassuringly, but he screams and screams. It's tough, but since I'm not actually leaving him, I can take it. He lies down once for a few seconds, thinks better of it, stands back up. He keeps crying, I keep talking?#151; and then, miraculously, he lies down and closes his eyes. It's pitch-black in the room, but I hear his breathing change and I know he's out. It's 7:27.

The next night, Lucas goes into the crib at 7:10, screeches for 10 minutes, and spends the next 20 moving around and getting comfortable, but without crying. On night number three, he has no patience for books, so I put him down at 7:01. He spends half an hour moving around his crib, but he's asleep at 7:36.

By the following Saturday night, I've moved from cribside to the door; Lukey's fallen in love with Cow-Cow, an adorable stuffed bovine that was Eliza's; and both Michael and Marilen have mastered the art of putting Lucas to bed. I've been talking to or e-mailing with West almost daily, giving her reports of Lucas's progress. West offers praise, encouragement, and refinements to the routine. When one morning Lucas sleeps for nearly two hours, West advises me to wake him after an hour and a half if it happens again, "to preserve his afternoon nap."

I can't say there haven't been glitches, though: Most notably, on the fifth night, Lucas woke up at around 3 a.m. and cried so pitifully that I was aching to hold him. After half an hour, Michael took over patting and talking to him. (Later West reassures me that it would've been okay to pick him up; we're still in the early stages of reteaching him, and the point isn't to torture either of us.)

I feel ready to take the Night Number Nine Challenge and leave Lucas's room as soon as I put him in his crib. Even he seems eager to try this big step, looking so sleepy by 6:50 that I go ahead and bring him upstairs.

He lets me flip through a few books, but by 7:02 it's clear he's ready to move on. Into his crib he goes with Cow-Cow?#151; no resistance, no crying! I kiss him goodnight, leave, go across the hall to my bedroom to read. Lucas is so quiet that I actually forget about him until 7:30. I creep into his room to find him fast asleep.

Fast-forward to the present: Lucas is now 18 months old and has been going to bed just as easily every night since then?#151; no kidding. Eliza's cozy in her new pink bedroom, and we're now a family that plans outings around naptime so that Lucas gets two solid siestas per day.

Most amazing, he's maintained his sleep habits during and despite a number of family trips, sleeping in the car, in a crib at my mom's house, and in a portable crib at hotels. He recently broke up with Cow-Cow and now loves his floppy Blue Dog, but no matter: Whomever he sleeps with, or where or when, bedtime for little Lucas is no longer a nightmare?#151; it's a Mommy-dream come true.阿马名

[ 本帖最后由 ilchocolate 于 2009-3-10 22:14 编辑 ]
Advertisement
Advertisement

此文章由 ilchocolate 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ilchocolate 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
day 1
晚上7点钟feeding, 宝宝很容易的睡着了(那说明这还是白天的nap?),2个小时后醒来,玩了一会儿,到10点钟,我给他a big bottle 180ml的奶,吃完后,拍完咯,又给了他一点水
漱了漱口,换了nappy, 给他穿上睡袋,把他放到cot里,把灯关了. 我搬了一条凳子坐在他旁边,不停的拍拍他,他哼哼唧唧一会儿,眼睛闭上了,好像睡着了,我走开去书房,不一会儿,他又大叫起来,我只好又回去安抚他,过一会儿,他好像又睡着了的样子,但我一走开他又大叫,这样来来回回n回,但我坚持不抱他起来.到了12点多了,我没办法,给他喝了一点奶(不应该给他喝这个奶?我想),然后拍拍他,终于完全睡着了.这时候已经是12:30了.
不知道明天晚上会怎么样呢

[ 本帖最后由 ilchocolate 于 2009-3-2 01:21 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 3积分 +20 收起 理由
哇哇哇 + 4 谢谢奉献
花生 + 6 感谢分享
旋木 + 10 感谢分享

查看全部评分

day 2
照样7点钟开始小睡到9点多,10点我给他喂了奶,放他到小床上,他大声地哭闹起来,我坐在旁边怎么哄都没有用,这样尽管我一直在他旁边安抚他,他还是短短徐徐的一直哭到12点半,哭得身上出了一身的汗
孩子他爹一直在旁边嘀咕,搞得我心烦意乱.中间我抱了他一回, 给他换了一件衣服(原来的衣服都湿了 可怜的孩子,我都差点想放弃了,呜呜).
12点半睡下后,直到早上9点40才醒来,中间也没有要喝夜奶(是不是说我的training有点希望的曙光了). 我倒不担心孩子夜奶的问题, 宝宝有一个不间断的睡眠比夜奶重要, 奶他饿得话白天会吃够的.
唉,如果今天晚上还这么哭很久,我都怀疑自己能不能坚持下去.

[ 本帖最后由 ilchocolate 于 2009-3-3 09:55 编辑 ]

发表于 2009-3-2 00:03 |显示全部楼层
day 3 & day 4
前两天宝宝哭的太可怜了,我琢磨了一下,针对宝宝晚上7点那次觉睡得不错的特点,修改了一下我的侧略,
前两天的training是宝宝7点睡个1个半小时到2个小时,8点半醒来,玩一会儿,然后10点多给他套上睡袋settle 他睡觉, 发现他很不乐意自己睡,不停的哭.

这两天现在把宝宝的晚上7点的觉推迟到8点-8点半,这次睡觉就给他套上睡袋,他一般睡到10点多11点多会醒一次,快醒时我
马上给他喂奶,整个喂奶的过程在黑暗安静的环境进行,我的眼睛不和宝宝接触,给他喂180ml的奶,这样给宝宝产生感觉,
现在不是nap后玩耍的时间,使要接着睡的,喂完后,放下,哈哈,怎么着,他接着睡了.这样他一直睡到早上6点多.
,把我高兴坏了,虽然这离宝宝自己能睡觉的概念还差点,不过我已经很满足了.

[ 本帖最后由 ilchocolate 于 2009-3-5 01:40 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
cindydundaszuji + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

经过一周的training,现在宝宝基本上可以晚上8点, 给他一个奶嘴,他可以自己睡下,睡到早上6,7点多,中间喝一次夜奶.
现在感觉轻松多`了,8点后可以干点自己的事情了.
前两天是比较艰难的,宝宝短短续续的哭了2个小时,后来发展到40分钟,15分钟,一直到不哭自己入睡.

[ 本帖最后由 ilchocolate 于 2009-3-10 22:19 编辑 ]

day 5
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-3-2 00:04 |显示全部楼层
day 6 应该够了不

发表于 2009-3-2 00:24 |显示全部楼层
day7 还是多挖一个坑吧

发表于 2009-3-2 06:50 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 甜甜妈 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 甜甜妈 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
不容易,关注

发表于 2009-3-2 09:00 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 wideye 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 wideye 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I also tried sleep training last night, bub was crying desperately  for 40 mins then sleep.
I feel very sad for her,  and doubt if this really helps and I worried serious crying like this might be harmful to her brain.............