新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 何日君再来?(完,内付阿狗青春无敌照) (2008-7-13) 阿Ka · Cindy‘s 6th Birthday party 筹备进行时。。 (2009-10-22) chinara
· Rustic Rolls农夫面包卷-5分种手揉面团,不用面包机 (2011-2-17) lanshan · Katyusha (2008-9-8) joaquin
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:25Hours

有Brisbane的朋友吗,进来报个到 [复制链接]

发表于 2010-6-17 22:51 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 foxkingab 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 foxkingab 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 blueberries 于 2010-6-17 12:54 发表

*cough* is this a praise or what?
oh well i will take it as a compliment anyway
but i'd rather be sexy than sporty

i will tell you next time :)
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2010-6-17 22:55 |显示全部楼层

回复 330# 的帖子

此文章由 foxkingab 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 foxkingab 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
wimbledon is coming next week

发表于 2010-6-18 21:12 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sunnyfish 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sunnyfish 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
帮顶,我以前在布里斯本住过。
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-6-20 08:04 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jlhan 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jlhan 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 blueberries 于 2010-6-17 13:13 发表
5. Glass House Mountains Tour - 16 or 17 July 2010
here comes my adrenaline rush again

time: early morning till the evening same day
what to do: bushwalking
what to eat/drink: BYO

Just found out this line.  I am very interested in bushwalking, or hiking as known in other parts of the world.  My name is John, male, live in Sunnybank.  Phone 0449585718.  Email: jialiang.han@yahoo.com.  Would like to know if hiking boots are needed.  Thanks.

[ 本帖最后由 jlhan 于 2010-6-20 10:28 编辑 ]

发表于 2010-6-20 13:01 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 strawlll 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 strawlll 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 sunnyfish 于 2010-6-18 21:12 发表
帮顶,我以前在布里斯本住过。

谢谢帮忙!

发表于 2010-6-20 13:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 strawlll 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 strawlll 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 jlhan 于 2010-6-20 08:04 发表

Just found out this line.  I am very interested in bushwalking, or hiking as known in other parts of the world.  My name is John, male, live in Sunnybank.  Phone 0449585718.  Email: jialiang.han@yah ...

欢迎新朋友加入!
Advertisement
Advertisement
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-6-20 18:28 |显示全部楼层

BBQ Meats

此文章由 jlhan 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jlhan 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Probably not the BBQ because the timing, place, and I have LCD TV at home.  But just let the organizer know that Blue Gum Butcher near Coopers Plains (near the Railway Station) is both fresh and cheaper since they supply to party or other functions.

发表于 2010-6-20 18:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 blueberries 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 blueberries 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 strawlll 于 2010-6-17 21:01 发表

My god!
这么详细的时间表已经出来了!你太厉害了!

我第一个报名!!
BBQ 和 bushwalking!

done!
sweetie, you are ON the list now

发表于 2010-6-20 18:34 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 blueberries 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 blueberries 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 foxkingab 于 2010-6-17 22:55 发表
wimbledon is coming next week

i know, i know and i will be watching tennis and world cup in my hotel room
UK time is 16 hours lagging behind ... hope i dont need to fight my sleep too much during the day

发表于 2010-6-20 18:36 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 sunnyfish 于 2010-6-18 21:12 发表
帮顶,我以前在布里斯本住过。

i thought the best place for sunnyfish to live in is sunshine state, no?

发表于 2010-6-20 18:43 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2010-6-20 08:04 发表

Just found out this line.  I am very interested in bushwalking, or hiking as known in other parts of the world.  My name is John, male, live in Sunnybank.  Phone 0449585718.  Email: jialiang.han@yah ...

so ... you are IN?!
anyway, a SMS is sent and please check your inbox

seems like you are an experienced hiker
as for hiking boots, it's really up to you ... not a must-wear anwya coz we're NOT likely to challenge any steep walking tracks this time
also i have no idea who's coming yet, it's better off to choose a light-to-intermediate track that suits all levels of fitness and experience ... i've got mt ngungun and mt tibrogargan in my mind and both are fairly easy to walk

lemme know what ya think
dont know if you've been to the Glass House Mountains before and if not, have a read the information in the next post

once again, thx for your expression of interest and always nice to see another addition here!
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2010-6-20 19:05 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 blueberries 于 2010-6-17 13:13 发表
5. Glass House Mountains Tour - 16 or 17 July 2010
here comes my adrenaline rush again

time: early morning till the evening same day
what to do: bushwalking
what to eat/drink: BYO
how to get there: either you drive or i drive, and share all the costs e.g. fuel, parking, tolls etc if any
info: http://www.ourbrisbane.com/see-a ... lasshouse-mountains

who's coming:
blueberries (confirmed)
strawlll (confirmed)
jlhan (confirmed)

buddies,

some key things to note for this trip
by engaging in this outdoor event you should understand that NO ONE shall have any responsibility, nor accept any liability for your safety ... remember safety is your own issue

so, consider a life insurance if appropriate before going (no kidding!) and PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFOREHAND
still a month away before it happens so make sure you spend some spare time to get yourself prepared for it
- GOOGLE glass house mountains and be familiar with your destination
the following is for reference ONLY and you should DO your own research
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/glass-house-mountains/index.html
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/beerburrum-beerwah/index.html
http://www.totaltravel.com.au/tr ... mount-beerwah-track
http://www.summitpost.org/mounta ... rgan.html#chapter_6
http://www.queenslandholidays.co ... gun-track/index.cfm
http://www.rockclimbing.com/rout ... asshouse_Mountains/

heaps of information available online

- READ the following maps or similar
http://www.australianexplorer.com/maps/glass_house_mountains.htm
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/media ... ss_House_tracks.pdf
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/media ... House_surrounds.pdf

- PLAN your route ahead if you drive there (even though it's a less than an hour drive or GPS is in use)

What to wear:
- runners adequate for terrain and thick (hiking) socks if possible, which help reduce blister due to friction ... time to go shopping if you dont have any gear
- comfort clothings that keep you warmth and allows perspiration to escape so cotton is NEVER good for bushwalking/hiking ... nylon and wind/waterproof jacket with gore-tex fabric is highly recommended

What to bring:
- food
- water (MUST)
- mobile
- DC or DSLR
- sunglasses or hat / sunscreen lotion
- GPS / compass (if needed)
- insect repellent (recommended)
- first aid kit (at least bandaids and antiseptic wipes - recommended)
- tissues or toilet paper (recommended ... oh well just in case! )

Weather conditions:
- if it's sunny day, hooray and let's hike and go high!
- if it's overcast with no rain expected according to the bureau of meteorology, go ahead as plan!

- it rains on the day (either splitting or pouring), cancel and stay home
- if dark cloud is approaching, cancel and stay home
- if it rained the night before, the trip is to be cancelled too due to the risk of wet soil and falling rocks

gosh ... kill too much brain cells in one go
that's all i can think of right now anyway and will keep ya'll updated if there's anything else that you need to take note of
should you have any inquiries, simply ask here

[ 本帖最后由 blueberries 于 2010-6-20 23:02 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
jlhan + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2010-6-20 19:11 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2010-6-20 18:28 发表
Probably not the BBQ because the timing, place, and I have LCD TV at home.  But just let the organizer know that Blue Gum Butcher near Coopers Plains (near the Railway Station) is both fresh and cheap ...

that's okay ... i understand home is always the best comfy place to watch the WC finial and hope ya enjoy
btw your recommendation is noted! thx ...

发表于 2010-6-20 20:57 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 blueberries 于 2010-6-20 18:34 发表

i know, i know and i will be watching tennis and world cup in my hotel room
UK time is 16 hours lagging behind ... hope i dont need to fight my sleep too much during the day

9 hrs now

发表于 2010-6-21 06:14 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sancheng 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sancheng 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
there are all look interesting and sound good to me.
i will go up to coast two weeks later and just checked  the BBQ machine doesn't work at the moment, so probably we have to change our plan little bit
recently i had play tennis, it's not that difficult as i thought and  found a space cost only for $12 an hour

by the way, if one day chinese football team in the world cup i'll be more interesting to watch it.hhhhh
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-6-21 07:48 |显示全部楼层
BBQ can be done in some parks (free) or in a home (if you have an oven).

[ 本帖最后由 jlhan 于 2010-6-21 08:23 编辑 ]
Advertisement
Advertisement
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-6-21 08:45 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 dlthomas 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 dlthomas 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
算我一个,还有我儿子13岁,0423307788,gfqxf@hotmail.com

发表于 2010-6-22 18:19 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 dlthomas 于 2010-6-21 08:45 发表

欢迎 欢迎 !

发表于 2010-6-22 19:45 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 sancheng 于 2010-6-21 06:14 发表
i will go up to coast two weeks later and just checked  the BBQ machine doesn't work at the moment, so probably we have to change our plan little bit

that's okay
let's do the barbie at the park

now we just have to wait a bit longer and see who's interested
when the date gets closer we can roll the detailed plan out

recently i had play tennis, it's not that difficult as i thought  and  found a space cost only for $12 an hour

ummm ... if you play for fun only (dont really care about the skills and tactics but just to get your body move and run around the court), then tennis is good and not hard at all  ... it's another story if you wanna play professionally ... it really takes weeks and months of practice before you can sustain a rally IMHO

btw, you just gave foxy an idea of how much to charge me next time haha

by the way, if one day chinese football team in the world cup i'll be more interesting to watch it.hhhhh

seems like you are a patriot haha
one day if china hosts the world cup, our nation team will be automatically qualified for the game
lets hope for this to happen in 2022 or 2026

[ 本帖最后由 blueberries 于 2010-6-22 20:42 编辑 ]

发表于 2010-6-22 19:49 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2010-6-21 07:48 发表
BBQ can be done in some parks (free) or in a home (if you have an oven).

ya ... barbie at the park is the backup plan if sansan's home is unavailable
actually it's a good time to have a hot pot too haha

发表于 2010-6-22 20:06 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 dlthomas 于 2010-6-21 08:45 发表

no problem
but .. for BBQ, bushwalking or tennis? or all of these events?

anyway, SMS sent
please check your inbox
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2010-6-22 20:17 |显示全部楼层
here's the update (as at 02/07/2010):

11/12 July 2010 - BBQ + World Cup Final
who's coming
blueberries (confirmed)
strawlll (confirmed)
sancheng (confirmed)
dlthomas + 1 (to be confirmed)

17 or 18 July 2010 - Glass House Mountains Hike
who's coming
blueberries + 1 (confirmed)
strawlll (confirmed)
jlhan + 1 (confirmed)
sancheng (confirmed)

others for your information:

3 or 4 July 2010 - Gold Coast Marathon/Run

29 August 2010 - Brisbane Marathon/Run

ongoing - weekly tennis

for details, please refer to post #330
thx for reading haha

[ 本帖最后由 blueberries 于 2010-7-2 13:11 编辑 ]
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-6-23 04:11 |显示全部楼层
The following might be useful:

牛排的作法
http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=187117

布理斯本餐馆小录
http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/v ... p;extra=&page=1

发表于 2010-6-24 16:47 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2010-6-23 04:11 发表
The following might be useful:

牛排的作法
http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=187117

布理斯本餐馆小录
http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/v ... p;extra=&page=1

thx for sharing ^^
the 1st link is useful for BBQ indeed
but personally if i get to choose, i'd like to clean, to tidy up the BBQ aftermath rather than to cook ... i hate cooking with passion!

second link is great and in particular including heaps of the dining review from everywhere!
i dine out almost every day and i have been living in brissie for a decade, so i think i have been to most of the restaurants mentioned in the threads ...  though i disagreed with some comments but i'd say most of them were fair! ^^ nice info for new arrivals anyway
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-6-25 18:51 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 blueberries 于 2010-6-24 16:47 发表

thx for sharing ^^
the 1st link is useful for BBQ indeed
but personally if i get to choose, i'd like to clean, to tidy up the BBQ aftermath rather than to cook ... i hate cooking with passion!
second link is great and in particular including heaps of the dining review from everywhere!
i dine out almost every day and i have been living in brissie for a decade, so i think i have been to most of the restaurants mentioned in the threads ...  though i disagreed with some comments but i'd say most of them were fair! ^^ nice info for new arrivals anyway

You should contribute to that line, in particular, restaurants near city.  Thanks for your input.

发表于 2010-6-25 20:12 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 blueberries 于 2010-6-22 20:17 发表
here's the update (as at 22/06/2010):

11/12 July 2010 - BBQ + World Cup Final
who's coming
blueberries (confirmed)
strawlll (confirmed)
sancheng (confirmed)

1 ...

很热闹啊!
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2010-6-28 13:03 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2010-6-25 18:51 发表

You should contribute to that line, in particular, restaurants near city.  Thanks for your input.

contribute??? ... can i say NO?
it really takes time (and kills brain cells too) to write an effective restaurant/food review  
but why CBD? if i were you, i'd avoid dining out in the city ... goddamn hard to find the parking and kinda expensive on the whole =.=

yet i can give a quick recommended list and you might cut and paste it to your thread/link if you wish
bear in mind though, taste is really a personal thing ... what one person likes another might hate :)  
i wont take any responsibility of my comment if you suffer from food poisoning after visiting any restaurants mentioned as follows
same logic applies to my negative comment, even if i think the food/service is no good, you're better off giving it/them a try rather than believing in me ... seeing/tasting is believing!

japanese
- litte tokyo @ spring hill (good atmosphere, very traditional and waitresses in kimono )
- soho @ portside, nice food with river review at night but expensive
p.s. soho at city is rubbish and roaches to be found under the table =.=
p.p.s. sakura @ highgate hill is blacklisted coz i got sick and suffered from diarrhea after the first visit so since then i never returned!
chinese e.g. yum cha and normal dining
- golden palace @ chinatown, better service and dim sum (p.s. king of the kings is rubbish)
- dragon inn @ chinatown, it's far to be the best in brissie but better than many others in the same area
BBQ and roast stuff e.g. pork, chicken etc
- 漢記, next to yuen's market @ chinatown, the best of the best in brisbane in terms of food quality and price
indian
- sitar @ new farm, must try yourself is all i can say
thai
- my thai @ milton, thumbs-up and remember to book in advance or you're expected to wait in a long queue
vietnamese
- AJ vietnamese @ city, elizabeth acrade (on side of charlotte street), yummy and value for money
singaporean/malaysian
- singapura @ milton, used to go there every week but no more (for personal reason, not due to food/service)
italian
- zio mario's @ east brisbane, old family business known for its pizza (yet paste is mediocre)
german
- zum kaiser inside brisbane german club (exact opposite to the gabba stadium), a historical place with great food (not recommended for people who are on diet though ... fatty yet well-known sausages and pig knuckles haha)
spanish
- vida @ paddington, the only one that i've tried due to the high praise from my spanish colleague and i had a nice dining experience overall ... love its paella
fine dining
- e'cco bistro @ fortitude valley, been awarded as the restaurant of the year for a consecutive years and booking is required
- cha cha cha @ riverside centre, another award winner and good place to go for special occasion only (coz expensive!)
- jade buddha @ riverside centre, causal to formal dining and a fun place to hang out for after meal drinking
steak house (too many and just to name a few )
- norman hotel & morrison hotel @ woolloongabba, pineapple hotel @ kangaroo point, regatta hotel @ milton/toowong, breakfast creek hotel @ albion
fish and chips
- fishmongerswife @ east brisbane, good food with reasonable prize let alone it's been an award winner
cafe (coffee, cake and patisserie etc)
- three monkeys @ west end
- sugar @ spice nearby the central station

i could type in more details if time permits but it is the thing that i'm lacking of these days
next time maybe ~~~

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
jlhan + 2 感谢分享 可惜只能评2分

查看全部评分

发表于 2010-6-28 13:07 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 foxkingab 于 2010-6-25 20:12 发表

很热闹啊!

isn't this what we are longing for in brisbane?
anyway do i have to count you in?
or you got sth planned out already?
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-6-29 13:22 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 blueberries 于 2010-6-28 13:03 发表

contribute??? ... can i say NO?
it really takes time (and kills brain cells too) to write an effective restaurant/food review  
but why CBD? if i were you, i'd avoid dining out in the city ...

Thanks much for the list.  I will combine it to the line on Brisbane restaurant.  In that line, I normally give restaurant name, phone number, etc.

发表于 2010-7-1 12:22 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2010-6-29 13:22 发表

Thanks much for the list.  I will combine it to the line on Brisbane restaurant.  In that line, I normally give restaurant name, phone number, etc.

you're welcome
just my scribble anyway ... not even worth 2 cents

as for phone number ... awww more often than not, i dine in so i really have no idea
oh well plug the restaurant name and suburb in Google then you should be able to get the number, i believe :)

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部