新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 参加活动——情浓中秋 今夕何夕 (2011-8-28) amon54 · 美食美刻---我家的重口味第三波---苗寨红油酸汤鱼,孜然羊肉,辣炒花蛤,泡椒肚丝,遵义凉粉 (2014-1-19) ta_xiang
· 参加活动——打工小虾&小本生意 (2011-10-28) dormimi · (2014-2-26) 明河素月
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 1073|回复: 2

City News堪培拉本地周期杂志.Cover story:No fears,say torch rummers [复制链接]

发表于 2008-4-20 19:39 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 likespring 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 likespring 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
全文抄录如下:

With the olympic Torch relay dogged with protest as it makes its way around the world, one could forgive the Canberra torchbearers a little apprehension about what might happen when the flame gets two of them.

But not for at least two of them.

"I am not particularly worried about what's been going on overseas with the torch relay and the protests and so on," says former hockey player Michael York, who has represented Australia at four Olympic Games.
"To me, it's disappointing that it's happening, but I am more exited about the torch relay than worried about the potential protests. I don't have any safety concerns."

The relay will travel through Canberra, the only Australian city on its journey, on Thursday, April 24. the flame will be welcomed at a free community breakfast and ballon spectacular at Commonwealth Place, Lake Burley Griffin, and farewelled in the evening at a free concert featuring Shannon Noll, Brain Cadd and Russell Morris.

Canberra-based Tibetan-Australian Temay Rigzin,24, involved in organising the Canberra protests says:" We are committed to organising a vocal, peaceful protest. As the details of the route have not been released, we do not know precisely where we will protest; however, we expect to protest at Parliament House as well as other prominent places along the route.

"We will be calling on the Chinese Government to end its brutal crackdown in Tibet, immediately allow media and emergency medical personnel into Tibet and engage in genuine dialogue with His Holiness the Dalai Lama," Rigzin told"CityNews".

"We are not against the Olympics being held in China, nor are we advicating a boycott of the Olympics by Australia."

Michael York, of Ainslie, was part of the siver-medal-winning team in Barcelona and the bronze-medal teams in Altanta and Sydney. He has also carried the torch at the Sydney and Athens Olympics, so this will be his third time running.

"We are a fair sporting nation, so I think most people are going to give us a go- I hope," he says.

Susan Zhuang was also nominated as a torchbearer as a representative of Chinese Australian youth for her achievements and for her community service.Susan is the daughter of Chinese migrants from Xiamen, who moved to Australia in 1985.

"I think everyone in Autralia will be peaceful and respectful- as most Australians usually are," Says Susan."It's about the spirit of the Olympics and I think most people understand that."

Born an educated in Canberra, Susan achieved academic excellence throughout high school enabling her to study and pursue her passion for law at university.Currently a scholarship recipient at the ANU, she aspires to use her skills to promote social justice and equal rights for all people.

IN 2003, she won the Rotary Award for Outstanding Community Service for her fundraising work for local schools and charities such as World Vision, Canteen and the Salvation Army.

"It's going to be one of the most exciting thing I have ever done carrying the Olympic torch," says Susan."But most importantly. I will be trying not to fall over in front of everybody during my leg- that's what I will be concentrating on!"
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2008-4-20 20:33 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tutu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tutu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
likespring,辛苦了,打了这么多字,帮顶:)

发表于 2008-4-20 20:38 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 likespring 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 likespring 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 tutu 于 2008-4-20 20:33 发表
likespring,辛苦了,打了这么多字,帮顶:)

TUTU,谢谢,练习盲打,呵呵.

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部