新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· Adelaide 游记 -《指环》 第一夜 -《女武神》 (2005-1-16) 闲过信陵饮 · Cisco 建房及DIY工程 11月27日更新草皮价钱,151楼. (2009-9-9) cisco
· 新足迹读书半月谈 2009年6月下 —— 巴尔扎克 (2009-6-15) joaquin · 学车经历,并有问题求助。 (2005-9-20) rdcwayx
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 509|回复: 2

GST for working oversea [复制链接]

发表于 2005-7-19 17:08 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 miles 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 miles 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I will be working oversea.  My employer asked me to have ABN so they can treat me as a contractor. (avoid from responsibilities, maybe broken the law, but I have to accept) I have registered GST.
When I working in sydney, i can charge them extra 10% GST.  But they said I dont have to charge them when I working oversea.  The project is oversea project, is that means export is GST free?  But I get money from the company in sydney and they put it into my sydney bank account?
I checked document on ATO, it seems if I failed to charge GST form buyer, I still need to pay GST to ATO.
I found there r many professinal accountant here. Does anybody know that?
BTW: Does any accountant have certification so our chinese guys can pay for tax service?  I think speaking mandarin is easier for us to understand the complicate tax rules.
Advertisement
Advertisement

退役斑竹 2007 年度奖章获得者 2009年度奖章获得者

发表于 2005-7-19 20:22 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 休 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 休 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Yes, while you work at oversea, you don't have to charge them GST. Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a broad-based tax of 10% on most goods, services and other items sold or consumed in Australia.

发表于 2005-7-21 09:33 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 miles 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 miles 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Thanks XIU, i found u know almost every thing.

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部