新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 英超13~14赛季展望 (2013-8-15) tld128 · 手工钱包第二弹,技术全方位提高 (2013-12-16) 施务昂
· 啤酒D. I. Y. 实惠,省钱,好玩!!!! (2007-8-28) driveryao · 2014年交易回顾总结及分享一些日内交易心得体会 (2014-12-19) 猎梦人
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:christywoo

CPA 117 - Case 1 Patties Food Ltd 分析 [复制链接]

发表于 2012-4-17 22:15 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 teavii 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 teavii 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
why no one thinks it is leader strategy?
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-4-17 22:20 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 xiaochahu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 xiaochahu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Generic strategy: I think it is differentiation only.
Not low cost, low cost strategy is the lowest cost. which doesn't mention in the case.
Management control cost, yes, but not low cost strategy.

发表于 2012-4-17 22:23 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 czho011 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 czho011 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I think it's a leader strategy.
Differentiation is achieved by product range, innovation, brand name. And last distribution channel, eg. The bp store, which lead to a 'exclusivity'.
Low-cost, u guys already agreed.

发表于 2012-4-17 22:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 czho011 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 czho011 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Check the last sentence of bp. ....confirms parties market leadership in the .... Convenience channel. It uses the word confirm, which means its an existing market already.

发表于 2012-4-17 22:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 valerie3922 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 valerie3922 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 xiaochahu 于 2012-4-17 22:11 发表
It's just your guess. It clearly says push into northern states wih Four'N Twenty. (new market)
Australian company doesn't mean it covers all region of Australia at the same time. it takes time to cov ...

PFL has in- home market and out -of-home market. Non grocery channels and covenience store are part of out of home market. See part b para 2
Also in part B, it says the investment in sales resources in all regions of Australia ensures we have a truly national representation. Does this mean pfl sells its products in all regions???

发表于 2012-4-17 22:45 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 youhei305 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 youhei305 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
想问问大家的意见,对于evalution of strategic options,题目会如何出呢?我们该怎么准备呢?
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-4-17 22:56 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 odds 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 odds 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 teavii 于 2012-4-17 22:15 发表
why no one thinks it is leader strategy?

I have same question, but for leader strategy, which means having both low costs and some basis for differentiation,but here, low costs still for lowest cost. Anyone can explain?

发表于 2012-4-17 22:57 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ellentang 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ellentang 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 valerie3922 于 2012-4-17 22:42 发表

PFL has in- home market and out -of-home market. Non grocery channels and covenience store are part of out of home market. See part b para 2
Also in part B, it says the investment in sales resources  ...

The product is unchanged, and the market is unchanged too because it sales to major supermarket. I do believe that Northern states have same major supermarkt (coles & woolworth). The extention of national marketing may just intended to increase brand awareness and attract potential customers to increase sales/revenue.

发表于 2012-4-18 02:00 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 hili 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 hili 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 valerie3922 于 2012-4-17 19:52 发表

如果根据这一句话就考mode of entry 的话, 那就考的太偏门了

根據:
http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=413340

內第5帖,  CPAA 的確會出很偏的!

多準備總是好的

发表于 2012-4-18 10:34 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 youhei305 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 youhei305 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 future1210 于 2012-4-17 17:11 发表
i am not sure about strategic capabilities, because there is few info in the case we can refer to answer it.. I think could be related to 5Q, BSC and Ansoff..

Do you think the Rumelts' criteria will also be examed for the case 1?

If so, how to present the external consistency?

发表于 2012-4-18 12:18 |显示全部楼层

回复 youhei305 100# 帖子

此文章由 ninakim 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ninakim 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I thought about the Rumelts criteria as well, but there is no info on the external environment... does anyone think it migh still be examined??
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-4-18 16:03 |显示全部楼层

Case 1 analysis

此文章由 calvins15r 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 calvins15r 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
(a) 5Qs, (b) 3Qs, (c) BSC, (d) SWOT, (e) Potential modes of entry and Rumelt's, (f) Ansoff's product/Market matrix and Rumelt's

Please kinldy advise any other idea?

发表于 2012-4-18 17:38 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sydneysky 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sydneysky 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Just finish case1. This is what i am thinking about this case.
1. Asian market is the existing market due to " has developed already and growing in the future.
2. BP: existing dis channel for out of home product. then, classified as market pen.
3. Smoothie: new product new generation product )  in current market ( leading supermarket ) .
4. 4'n rule: there are 2 different parts, 1 is market pen for the market in NSW and VIC, 2 is new market for other states ( PERTH OR QLD).
4. Differentation strategy is appiled in this case, low cost is not suitable, refer to notes of m3.
welcome to comments.

发表于 2012-4-18 18:29 |显示全部楼层

回复 sydneysky 103# 帖子

此文章由 ultramanwin 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ultramanwin 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
For BP contract, I think it is openness question:
1) The case never define what is foodservice & non-grocery outlet, it just show some example.  
2)Although foodservice & non-grocery outlet included convenience store, BP sites is another convenience store business, which is another distribution channel, so it is market development.

发表于 2012-4-18 18:55 |显示全部楼层

回复 sydneysky 103# 帖子

此文章由 lenachong82 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 lenachong82 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
1. Asian market is the existing market due to " has developed already and growing in the future.
-> Disagreed, I think is Diversification because initially PFL did not produce halal products. Halal product is newly developed with intent to have growth in the new market region (Asia).

2. BP: existing dis channel for out of home product. then, classified as market pen.
-> Strongly agreed

3. Smoothie: new product new generation product )  in current market ( leading supermarket).
--> Disagreed. Smoothie CubesTM is a strategy of adding new features to the original smoothie product and distributed in the same market unchanged, which I think make more sense to be at Product Development

4. 4'n rule: there are 2 different parts, 1 is market pen for the market in NSW and VIC, 2 is new market for other states ( PERTH OR QLD).
--> I still think that Northern States is the same market (in Australia). 4'N is Mkt Pen

5. Differentiation strategy is applied in this case, low cost is not suitable, refer to notes of m3.
--> I still think that Low Cost applied because according to Pg 3.24: one of the low-cost strategy is AN INEXPENSIVE LOCATION FOR OPERATION, which applied in PFL case.

What do you think??

发表于 2012-4-18 19:13 |显示全部楼层

回复 lenachong82 105# 帖子

此文章由 future1210 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 future1210 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I agree with you, except Q1, asian mkt is an existing mkt, it said already developed. for Q5, i think it should be leader strategy (both differentiation and low cost)
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-4-18 19:17 |显示全部楼层

回复 future1210 106# 帖子

此文章由 lenachong82 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 lenachong82 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Agreed with you regarding Leader Strategy.
Both Differentiation & Low Cost applied.

发表于 2012-4-18 19:30 |显示全部楼层

回复 lenachong82 105# 帖子

此文章由 ultramanwin 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ultramanwin 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I disagree with Q2:
1) If the company implicit agreed the convenience store is no-grocery channel, why "Tim Peters" said this is Petrol and Convenience Channel?  Is this any hint for us that it is new market?
2) it is different with 4n rule, because case already show that (page 1), foodservice outlet included sport venues.

For Q5, I think this is Leader Strategy:
1) Differentiation:  There are big hint in case, is the symbol "TM" of Smoothie Cubes
2)Lower cost: I agree with you

发表于 2012-4-18 19:39 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ellentang 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ellentang 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
any one think is best cost or value for money tries to combine both differentiation and low cost approaches? is strategy does not try to achieve the extremes of lowest cost or highest differentiation??

发表于 2012-4-18 20:51 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 xiaochahu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 xiaochahu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I have a question regarding to 5Q - Growth.
Should I use Part A stragegic framework information or Part B report (2010) information.

I prefer use framework table information to answer, as part B report (2010) just saying something already happend before.

What's your opinion?

发表于 2012-4-18 21:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 hili 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 hili 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
若只是介定 Anfoff 分類的話, 好像太簡單了, 像是part A: MC題目,

有可能問 以 product development 或 market development 會衍生的 threats吧?
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-4-18 21:14 |显示全部楼层
Has anyone find what's the PFL desired position in the industry?

发表于 2012-4-18 21:56 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ct_lung 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ct_lung 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
what do all of you think about the market?
Maturity or Growth? i have confuse for an hour and finally make a decision.

For the Frozen food industry, it is situated in maturity stage.
the growth rate of frozen savoury product slow down, PFL situated as market leadership, high cost flow, organization focus on efficiency, cost control and maket sementation, looking forward the future,- therefore PFL intend to new products and new market (e.g. premium range of Herbert admas savoury product and Four’N twenty legendary Angus range)  growth stage (new market for growth, )

please comment~

发表于 2012-4-18 22:05 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 teavii 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 teavii 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 xiaochahu 于 2012-4-18 21:14 发表
Has anyone find what's the PFL desired position in the industry?

1. Maintain its leadership
2. Not only the largest pie company but also their dessert section continues to grow.

Other people's thoughts?

发表于 2012-4-18 22:24 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 ct_lung 于 2012-4-18 21:56 发表
what do all of you think about the market?
Maturity or Growth? i have confuse for an hour and finally make a decision.

For the Frozen food industry, it is situated in maturity stage.
the growth rat ...

I think you made a good point that to look at the life cycle in different food industries. But Herbert Adam is not new product, is it?

[ 本帖最后由 teavii 于 2012-4-18 22:26 编辑 ]

发表于 2012-4-18 22:30 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 christywoo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 christywoo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 valerie3922 于 2012-4-17 21:28 发表

Unless this inexpensive location can provide the lowest cost base for Pfl, it is still not a low cost strategy. Page 23 says, many managers confuse a low cost strategy with cost control. All company  ...

Agree..  it is cost control not low cost strategy
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-4-18 22:44 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 calvins15r 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 calvins15r 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Any weakness for SWOT?

发表于 2012-4-18 22:50 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 babuyoyo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 babuyoyo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I think the case 1 refer to Market Penetration(Current Products expand distribution channel,like BP Site, Northern States,Sports Stadium), Market development (New Asia market--I think we still confuse this part. From my view it is new market even the Halal products have developed, they didnt launch it to Asia yet, also this part could refer to Mode of Entry) Product development (New product like Four'N twenty Legendary Angus range, Smoothie CubesTM)

For Geneic Strategy--It is differentiation and low cost. For the Low cost it mention in the Part A--PFL's Strategic framework. And also it mention several time about" conversion costs". This industry try to reduce factory conversion costs to achieve the competitve advantage in the market, so it closed and relocated the Frozen Fruit Packing operation from Silverwater NSW to Bairnsdale.

I think this industry in Growth to Maturity phase of life cycle. In growth phases---new investment mention in Part B paragraph 2. "The investment in sales resources in all regions of Australia ensures we have a truly national representation"  Maturity phases--Cost control (Reduce conversion cost), Effciency(Manufactuing efficiencies are a critical driver of profitability)

发表于 2012-4-18 23:32 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sydneysky 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sydneysky 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 teavii 于 2012-4-18 22:24 发表

I think you made a good point that to look at the life cycle in different food industries. But Herbert Adam is not new product, is it?

dont think will question life cycle in this case, no much information provided. might be ask in case 2.

发表于 2012-4-18 23:38 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 lenachong82 于 2012-4-18 18:55 发表
-> Disagreed, I think is Diversification because initially PFL did not produce halal products. Halal pr ...

think about q4,company has never provide products northern states and perth, even there are some large supermarket (coles), but the article does not metion. company is a leading manufacturer in australia does not neccessary mean company should supply every state. what do you think?

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部