新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 深深怀念已经因病过世的QQ并秀秀JACKIE最擅长的“忍”术 (2009-7-23) Devil_Star · 2011年尝试韩剧风格的MV《如果有恋人想做的事》 (2011-8-9) landis
· 摄影版春季活动 - 堪培拉2014 Floriade Nightfest (2014-9-30) workflow · 元宵 (2009-2-9) 高寿财
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 649|回复: 0

[IT] hot topic in Yahoo Group "Context-Driven Software Testing" [复制链接]

发表于 2007-7-4 15:48 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 zzgirl 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 zzgirl 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Someone sent me this today and quite interested in what Asian ppl think about this. If anyone here have any comments or interests, you can log in the Yahoo Group "Context-Driven Software Testing" to see more comments there. To be sure you regiester first.

I am sitting in a keynote address at the Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training (Dublin). The keynote speaker is Professor Yulin Wang from Wuhan University. This is a prestigious professor from a prestigious university.

Professor Wang's slides are full of spelling mistakes. Some slides have obvious inconsistencies, such as "Hardwar" and "Hardware" -- a quick proofreading would have detected these obvious errors.

There are two obvious interpretations:

1. Dr. Wang is such a sloppy person that he is unworthy of a job as software tester, or
   2. Our expectations with respect to spelling perfection from Asian candidates are inappropriate because of cultural differences that do not reflect on the underlying competence of the candidate.

Some members of this list would probably espouse #1, but I think this example is a reductio ad absurdem for that rule.

Does anyone from outside North America care to comment?
--
Cem Kaner, J.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Software Engineering, Florida Institute of Technology
150 West University Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901
http://www.kaner.com
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement