新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 今天辞职了,谈谈childcare的工作(新贴在亲子育儿版,谢谢各位关注 351楼,来点正能量吧,childcare 也是有好处的 (2010-7-6) 冰咖啡 · 澳洲TOP FASHION DESIGNER系列 - LISA HO (26楼有真手兽, 哈哈) (2008-8-27) 旋木
· 更新几张拍摄小盆友的怪蜀黍照片!小m的调皮,小L的帅气,小i的伶俐 (2010-7-18) jmms_smmj · 绝代佳人----林青霞 (2009-12-27) kimi
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 1579|回复: 12

[其他信息] 一个不常见问题, 关于GST和withholding tax [复制链接]

发表于 2010-11-29 08:06 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jgo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jgo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本人contractor. 两年前申请了soler trader和GST, 我自己以Personal Service Income的名义lodge annual income tax. 大家知道,这样就可以头一年半不用交withholding tax,并且GST也是三个月交一次就可以了. 这样可以增加现金流. 但一年半后, ATO就来信要求交withholding tax(比例比PAYG还不划算). 我现在已经停了soler trader, 但还没有注销.

问题: 如果我注销这个soler trader, 后再开一个新的soler trader, 是不是又头一年半不用交withholding tax? 如果不可行, 有其它办法吗? (比如开个正式的公司)
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2010-11-29 10:55 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 leo727 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 leo727 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
You cannot deregiste sole trader, once you apply abn and done work under your personal name and abn, you become a sole trader.

you can apply for changing qtrly payg to annual, if you meed certain threshhold
Register Tax Agent and CPA-
Partner of G Fraser and Company
Leo@Gfraser.com.au

发表于 2010-11-29 11:31 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jgo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jgo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 leo727 于 2010-11-29 11:55 发表
You cannot deregiste sole trader, once you apply abn and done work under your personal name and abn, you become a sole trader.

you can apply for changing qtrly payg to annual, if you meed certain thr ...

The problem is I don't meet the threshold. (less than $8000 for annual tax) otherwise there would be no hassle here.
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-11-29 12:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 allenoak 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 allenoak 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 jgo 于 2010-11-29 09:06 发表
本人contractor. 两年前申请了soler trader和GST, 我自己以Personal Service Income的名义lodge annual income tax. 大家知道,这样就可以头一年半不用交withholding tax,并且GST也是三个月交一次就可以了. 这样可以 ...

you do not require to have a ABN&GST if you only receive PSI, normally ATO treat you as employee rather than self emplyement (sole trader), so as long as you are employee, then your employer required to withhold tax from you unless you conducted as personal service business, please let me know if you need further information
签名被屏蔽
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-11-29 12:50 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 allenoak 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 allenoak 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 jgo 于 2010-11-29 09:06 发表
本人contractor. 两年前申请了soler trader和GST, 我自己以Personal Service Income的名义lodge annual income tax. 大家知道,这样就可以头一年半不用交withholding tax,并且GST也是三个月交一次就可以了. 这样可以 ...

you do not require to have a ABN&GST if you only receive PSI, normally ATO treat you as employee rather than self emplyement (sole trader), so as long as you are employee, then your employer required to withhold tax from you unless you conducted as personal service business, please let me know if you need further information
签名被屏蔽

发表于 2010-11-29 14:29 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 taxsolution 于 2010-11-29 13:50 发表

you do not require to have a ABN&GST if you only receive PSI, normally ATO treat you as employee rather than self emplyement (sole trader), so as long as you are employee, then your employer require ...

my question is how not to pay PAYG installments as a Soler trader?

like you said, I am employee, my employer withholds tax for me, I know that, that is not what I want. I want to hold the PAYG installment to my own pocket till next annual tax lodgement so to increase my cash flow.
Advertisement
Advertisement
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2010-11-29 14:50 |显示全部楼层

回复 6# 的帖子

请仔细读读下面几段话,你可以将tax instalment 改为0,如果你预计你今年不用交税的话,和你注册公司没关系。

(PAYG) income tax instalment
PAYG instalments is a system for paying amounts towards your expected end of year income tax liability. We work out your actual income tax liability when we assess your annual income tax return. To make sure your income tax assessment takes into account the instalments you’ve paid through the year, you need to finalise your PAYG instalments before you lodge your income tax return.

You can generally choose between two options for calculating and paying your PAYG instalments.

Once you’ve chosen your option, you need to continue to use that method for the remainder of the income year. If you want to change your PAYG instalment option, you need to wait until the first instalment quarter of the following income year. If an option is not applicable to you, your activity statement will indicate this.

Option 1 – instalment amount

Option 2 – instalment rate

PAYG instalment notice

In some cases, we may send you an instalment notice rather than an activity statement. If you don’t want to vary the pre-printed instalment amount, you only need to pay the amount shown by the due date and you don’t need to lodge the notice.

[ 本帖最后由 taxsolution 于 2010-11-29 16:06 编辑 ]
签名被屏蔽

发表于 2010-11-29 15:29 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 taxsolution 于 2010-11-29 15:50 发表
请仔细读读下面几段话,你可以将tax instalment 改为0,如果你预计你今年不用交税的话,和你注册公司没关系。

(PAYG) income tax instalment
PAYG instalments is a system for paying amounts towards your expected en ...

are you saying that I can change the instalment to a small amount, e.g. actual income of this quarter is 10k, and I change it to 1k, so only need to pay PAYG instalment = 1k * 35% (suppose the rate is 35%) = 350.

so to avoid paying 10k * 35% ? is this legal and ATO will not question it?

发表于 2010-12-1 12:05 |显示全部楼层
没人知道吗?

发表于 2010-12-1 15:20 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 shuangchao 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 shuangchao 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 jgo 于 2010-12-1 13 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              2010-12-1 13      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:05 发表
没人知道吗?

its not legal and they will question it, if your income has not changed since the last financial year, (i believe this is the case based on what you said so far). then you cannot vary it to nil to give yourself a greater cash flow. the whole point of the pay as you go system is to collect tax through out the year.

发表于 2010-12-1 15:27 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ronitrue 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ronitrue 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 jgo 于 2010-11-29 16:29 发表

are you saying that I can change the instalment to a small amount, e.g. actual income of this quarter is 10k, and I change it to 1k, so only need to pay PAYG instalment = 1k * 35% (suppose the rate ...

yes, they will question you, probably even fine you for doing this in purpose.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2010-12-1 15:28 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 滚滚而来 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 滚滚而来 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
这样做不是做不到 而是会有麻烦。如果你不想先交,可以选择该PAYG Instalment Amount,然后填更改原因为23.但是如果你年底结算需要交的income Tax大大超出你所交的PAYG Instalment 就面临着被罚penalty tax的危险。

发表于 2010-12-1 21:36 |显示全部楼层
那么, 开一个正式的公司怎么样? 也需要交PAYG Installment吗?

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部