新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 有病治病,无病强身!!! (2005-3-31) lamoshi · 原创情歌《茶和你》+ 乐队召募鼓手 + 新增摇滚版编曲 (2015-8-4) simon
· Salary Packaging – Novated Lease亲身体验 (2009-6-26) 黑山老妖 · 参加征文: 澳洲工作历程回往(全部更新完毕) (2009-9-10) miss99
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 2197|回复: 17

sole trader vs pty Ltd [复制链接]

发表于 2009-3-22 09:30 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 xyliu925 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 xyliu925 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
What is the advantage of Pty Ltd over sole trader?

I am doing the gerocery shop.

I am slso planing to have a consulting firm.

Regards
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-3-22 11:40 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 shuangchao 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 shuangchao 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Company

1. tax rate is fixed at 30%

2. Limited liability, the Company's shareholder is shielded from any liabilities, while directors are not completely.

Depends on the scale of your business, you may also consider setting up a trust, trust has alot more advantages over Companies.

发表于 2009-3-22 15:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 冬菇茶 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 冬菇茶 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
坛子里面有介绍的帖子, 精华来的, 去搜搜看.

发表于 2009-3-23 08:06 |显示全部楼层

which titile I should use?

此文章由 xyliu925 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 xyliu925 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 冬菇茶 于 2009-3-22 16:29 发表
坛子里面有介绍的帖子, 精华来的, 去搜搜看.

I did a few times, didn't find anything. Could you give me more clue?

Thanks

退役斑竹

发表于 2009-3-23 18:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Devil_Star 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Devil_Star 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
做GROCERY 和 CONSULTING 99%得用公司, 否则风险无限。
而且以后不做, 也没人会买SOLE TRADER BUSINESS, 只有PTY LTD才有可以买卖的无形资产。
税务上控制比较灵活, 而个体户的则比较简单死板。
门面上个体户也不好看, 公司挂头, 谁知道公司里有多少个员工, 一个人的公司做广告也可以用 WE, US, OUR ...来壮大声势。
而且需要贷款的话, 在相同条件下绝对是公司比个体户有利, 能贷到的比较多, 比较容易。
海賊王に俺はなる!
背中の傷は、剣士の恥だ!
生きたいッ!
パンツ見せてもらってもよろしいでしょうか!
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most adaptable to change.
[img][/img]

发表于 2009-3-23 19:26 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 shuangchao 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 shuangchao 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Agree with LS, you would definitely want to set up a proper structure to limit your liability.
The downside to a Company is that it is not eligible for the 50% capital gain concession, that is why i would recommend using trust instead.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-3-23 23:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 yingwei..suoyi 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 yingwei..suoyi 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Hi David,

Can yo share more on the 50% capital gain concession? Does it mean that when you sell a trading name under a sole proprietor business, you get a 50% "discount" on capital gain tax?

Thank you.

发表于 2009-3-24 09:37 |显示全部楼层
let's use a simple examply, assuming you are a sole trade, you build up your business for a number of years. at the time of sale of business, there is no trading stock, no plant & equipment. All you are selling is the goodwill you've created over the years say. the sale was for $10000, in this case, the CG will be $10000, you apply 50% concession to it, the assessable gain is $5000, in other words, $5000 appears on your individual tax return along with your other income like interest, salary etc etc.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
yingwei..suoyi + 2 谢谢奉献

查看全部评分

发表于 2009-3-24 14:58 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 yingwei..suoyi 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 yingwei..suoyi 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Hi David,

What if in the same exact case, but the sole trader only sells 50% of the business in return for, say, 5000AUD, and become a shareholder?

Will CGT still be subjected? Is there any way to avoid this, thru any means?

Sorry, i come from a country where there's no CGT at all, so this thing is new to me.

发表于 2009-3-24 20:55 |显示全部楼层
i assume you are from NZ
To avoid CGT - there are a range of small business concessions that are available.
sell 50% and become shareholder - i assume you are saying that you now want to operate the business under a company structure with someone else, you and the other party will both be shareholders.
I'd appreciate it if you tell me some more specific details about the business, so i can actually help you rather than give you a longggg generic answer.

发表于 2009-3-25 21:31 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 fijifiji 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 fijifiji 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
David,麻烦请教一下,如果要成立accounting firm,是 sole trader好还是PTY LTD好,我是一个人,是不是不能成立pty ltd,谢谢
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-3-25 21:38 |显示全部楼层
are you an qualified accountant?

发表于 2009-3-25 21:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 fijifiji 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 fijifiji 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 shuangchao 于 2009-3-25 22:38 发表
are you an qualified accountant?

我在国内考过的CPA,刚移民过来,没有这里的工作经验,现在在工作不好找,所以想自己成立个firm,接点记账什么的小活,先糊糊口,但的确很多东西学的和做的差距挺大,还是不是很明白,麻烦请教一下了

发表于 2009-3-25 21:49 |显示全部楼层
I see, in that case, you just want to set up a bookkeeping business.
bookkeeping business is a low risk profession, from a cost point of view, i'd recommend you operate as a sole trader at the start.
we can consider other more tax effective structures later when your business has reached certain size.

发表于 2009-3-25 21:55 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 shuangchao 于 2009-3-25 22:49 发表
I see, in that case, you just want to set up a bookkeeping business.
bookkeeping business is a low risk profession, from a cost point of view, i'd recommend you operate as a sole trader at the start. ...

谢谢啦,麻烦再问一下,我需不需要申请GST?business address可不可以是我家的地址,我用不用给客户出发票,谢谢啦

发表于 2009-3-25 22:07 |显示全部楼层
if you are starting your bookkeeping business from scratch with no referrals
- you don't have to register GST, as your turnover will most likely be less than 75000. however, you should register anyway, so that you can claim GST back on your business expenses. it will not have much impact on your income, as bookkeeping is for business clients who usually GST registered themselves.
- your business address can be your home
- Yes, you should issue invoices. and i think all of your clients will want invoices anyway.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-4-7 17:06 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 做人得讲究 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 做人得讲究 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
写的都是好东西阿,就是看得不太懂。能有中文版的 就好 啦 。

发表于 2009-4-23 03:08 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 元宝熊熊妈 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 元宝熊熊妈 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
虽然看着英文有点累,不过当练习了。

学习中……

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部