新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 分享一本好绘本《color me happy》 (2008-3-28) spicypig · 红泥小炉,又谁会为我红袖添香呢? (2008-9-15) 老陶
· 不再用任何洗发水,能让头发更健康?!你敢尝试吗(1楼更新革命进度) (2011-8-23) olney · 日本古代围棋史-本因坊四百年 (2008-7-8) patrickzhu
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 1161|回复: 1

[信息讨论] GM酝酿'有秩序破产' [复制链接]

发表于 2008-12-19 09:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 铁板烧 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 铁板烧 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
White House Vows To Avoid 'Disorderly' Collapse Of Auto Sector
5:53 PM ET 12/18/08 | Dow Jones
RELATED QUOTES

4:00 PM ET 12/18/08
Symbol Last % Chg
F 2.84 -9.55%
GM 3.66 -16.25%
Real time quote.

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The White House gave repeated assurances Thursday that it won't let General Motors Corp. (GM) and Chrysler LLC suffer a "disorderly" collapse, but shed little light on its plans for the rapidly deteriorating U.S. auto industry.

President Bush said he would take action to avoid the "shock to the system" that a messy bankruptcy could trigger. His spokeswoman Dana Perino, meanwhile, said a managed bankruptcy is among the options under consideration.

Neither indicated when the White House would unveil a plan, though Perino said the administration is "very close" to a decision.

"A disorderly bankruptcy could be very destabilizing for what is now a fragile financial market," Bush said in an interview with CSPAN.

General Motors and Chrysler LLC have said they will run out of cash before the end of the year without a lifeline from the government. Since the Senate's rejection of a proposed $14 billion bailout last week, the White House has been evaluating the auto makers' books and mulling whether to carve emergency loans from the Treasury Department's Troubled Asset Relief Program.

The situation appeared to take on more urgency on Wednesday, when Chrysler said it is shuttering 30 production facilities for a month.

"I will tell you this: The president is not going to allow a disorderly collapse of the companies," Perino said. "That is not an option."

She said a structured bankruptcy could provide a path to a "soft landing," adding all stakeholders would be forced to make concessions under each scenario being considered by the White House.

"There's an orderly way to do bankruptcies that provides for more of a soft landing. I think that's what we would be talking about," she said. "That would be one of the options."

Bush was asked about the situation twice on Thursday, in the CSPAN interview and during an audience question-and-answer session at the American Enterprise Institute. He said he hasn't made up his mind, but that doing nothing is not an option.

"This is a difficult time for a free-market person," he said at AEI. "We got to the point where... if a major institution were to fail, there is great likelihood that there'd be a ripple effect throughout the world, and the average person would be really hurt."

"I am worried about a disorderly bankruptcy and what it would do to the psychology and the markets," he said.

Little more than a month before he leaves the Oval Office, Bush said there's one more factor to consider: his successor, Barack Obama.

"I believe that good policy is not to dump him a major catastrophe in his first day of office," the president said.

- By Henry J. Pulizzi, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-9256; henry.pulizzi@dowjones.com

Click here to go to Dow Jones NewsPlus, a web front page of today's most important business and market news, analysis and commentary: http://www.djnewsplus.com/nae/al ... GdF1UTCLEU1w%3D%3D. You can use this link on the day this article is published and the following day.

> Dow Jones Newswires

12-18-08 1753ET

Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +4 收起 理由
黑山老妖 + 4 感谢分享

查看全部评分

美好的生活就是追求美好生活的生活
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2008-12-21 20:00 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tencent 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tencent 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
结果是GM继续能够经营,但工资降下来了

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部