Advertisement
Advertisement

新足迹

找回密码
 注册
新足迹 门户 心情感悟 查看内容

Such a small small world

2005-6-24 16:50| 发布者: astina | 查看: 6866| 原文链接

Many years ago I worked in a bank for 3 months as a temp – my first attempt to move from academic to commercial. It was one of the several jobs I did in Australia but the experience helped a lot as the initial breakthrough to industry.

Three months ago, I kicked off another attempt which finally led to my current role. During that round of job hunting, an agent referred me to a potential employer for an interview. When I arrived there, I found the interviewer somewhat familiar to me though I couldn’t recall where I saw this man before. I have always been hopeless in remembering people’s faces.

The interview began and I was asked to go through my resume briefly, as usual. When it came to the temp job at the bank, the interviewer asked quite many questions, such as job duties, to whom I reported, at which level of building I worked and etc. I found it a bit unusual as it was only a temp job for 3 months and that was several years ago. Other interviewers just had me briefly mention that as they were more interested in more recent experience.

Finally the interviewer said to me: you know what? I worked there as well at that time on the same floor and I recognised you the minute you came into this room. OMG! I guess that as a temporary staff there were too many new faces to me while for others it was quite easy to identify the new comers, esp. Asians.

I didn’t get job at the end. The agent rang to tell me the bad news an hour before I got the offer of my current role. I was not surprised though I believe I performed quite well in the interview. Could it have something to do with the fact that my would-be boss had been my colleague before? I don’t know. All I can say is that this is such a small small world!
Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部