注册
新足迹 门户 亲子育儿 查看内容

我的天啊!!

2007-9-28 19:42| 发布者: lo@syd | 查看: 789| 原文链接

好恐怖阿,我明年居然要在这家医院生小孩!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

还是回国去生算了,好吓人哦

这两天的新闻:

Woman miscarries after being ignored by hospital

A PREGNANT woman suffered a miscarriage in a toilet after she was ignored by medical staff at Sydney's Royal North Shore Hospital, it has been claimed.

Despite complaining of acute pain, the 32-year-old woman was not seen by a doctor or given painkillers at the hospital overnight.

The woman's husband complained to emergency staff about the pain his wife was experiencing, but was repeatedly told to sit back down and wait, the report said.

The woman's husband, identified as Mark, told Macquarie Radio his wife, Jana, had already had one miscarriage this year.

He said Jana went to the hospital about 6.30pm Tuesday because she was experiencing similar symptoms to when she had the earlier miscarriage.

Mark said that after Jana had been waiting more than an hour at the hospital, he was told by a triage nurse there was nothing they could do, and they should just wait in the queue.

"In the course of our waiting, she's ended up on the floor in a squatting position .. with her hands wrapped around her legs ... directly in view of the administration section of the emergency ward.

"She's grimacing in pain and nothing's being done."

Jana then went to the toilet and stayed there for a while, he said.

"Next minute, I just hear a scream and a smash, and I jumped up, and I raced into the toilet, and ... I just couldn't believe the scene in front of me.

"It is my wife ... sitting on the toilet, screaming ... an image in my mind I'll never be able to get out, the look on her face, screaming, tears, hysterical, pants around the ankles ... holding a live, live mind you, live foetus in her hands ... with blood everywhere."

The man's cousin, identified only as Peter, told Macquarie Radio the treatment they received was disgraceful.

"When we weren't looking she walked off into the toilet and had a miscarriage," he said.

"People have come running (from) everywhere.

"I can't go into the finer details, it's just so gruesome, mate.

"It's just something I wouldn't say on air.

"She's holding the little foetus in her hand, basically, and was wheeled out of the toilet in front of this packed waiting room.

"Not only that, but once they found her a bed they left her lying with the foetus between her legs for one hour."

NSW Health Minister Reba Meagher today launched a full external inquiry into the situation, saying it was "completely unacceptable by any measure" and expressed her sympathy to the woman and her family.

"There is no question that the circumstances of this case are unacceptable," she told Macquarie Radio.

"That is why I want an external inquiry, I think there are issues here, we need to get to the bottom of them."

Ms Meagher said senior staff were meeting with the woman to discuss what occurred.

The minister said she would also be happy to talk with the woman and her family.

------------

THE husband of a woman who miscarried in a toilet while awaiting assessment at a Sydney hospital has likened her treatment to that of a Third World country.

Jana Horska attended the Royal North Shore Hospital about 7.15pm (AEST) yesterday in acute pain.

The 32-year-old woman was 14 weeks pregnant and deeply concerned, feeling symptoms similar to those she encountered when she last miscarried back in March.

Her husband Mark Dreyer said his wife was made to wait for about two hours, at one stage ending up on the floor in a squatting position with her hands wrapped around her legs.

He said his wife also began spotting on the floor.

Mr Dreyer said she then got up and went to the toilet, and he went to check on her after she had been gone a while.

"Here's my wife sitting on a toilet, screaming with a look on her face I'll never get out of my mind, holding a live foetus between her legs with blood everywhere," he said outside the hospital.

He said the hospital staff were then more than willing to come to his wife's aid, but she still had to wait another hour before she could be cleaned up.

Mr Dreyer said he blamed both staff and the NSW health service for providing no "care and comfort".

"We are realists, we know nature's nature, you can't stop a miscarriage if there is going to be a miscarriage.

"But at least we should have been taken in," Mr Dreyer said.

"I reckon we would have got better care in a third world country.

"My wife is from Slovakia, it's a relatively poor place, communist country, and it would never happen there. Their system completely leaves our system for dead.

"I do not want this to happen to anyone else, no one should go through this, not in Australia."

'Disgraceful' treatment

Mr Dreyer's cousin, identified only as Peter, said on Macquarie Radio that the treatment they received was disgraceful.

"When we weren't looking she walked off into the toilet and had a miscarriage," he said.

"People have come running (from) everywhere.

"I can't go into the finer details, it's just so gruesome, mate. It's just something I wouldn't say on air.

"She's holding the little fetus in her hand, basically, and was wheeled out of the toilet in front of this packed waiting room.

"Not only that, but once they found her a bed they left her lying with the fetus between her legs for one hour."

Inquiry

NSW Health Minister Reba Meagher said an external inquiry would be launched into the incident.

Ms Meagher said it was "completely unacceptable by any measure" and expressed her sympathy to the woman and her family.

"There is no question that the circumstances of this case are unacceptable," she said on Macquarie Radio.

"That is why I want an external inquiry, I think there are issues here, we need to get to the bottom of them."

Ms Meagher said senior staff were meeting the woman to discuss what occurred.

Premier Morris Iemma said the incident was "of deep concern" and reiterated that it would be the subject of an inquiry.

"The circumstances of the mother's treatment and assessment, and why this has occurred will be the subject of a full external investigation," he said.

But Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell said there were systemic problems at the hospital due to resource and budget constraints and a single inquiry would be insufficient.

A review "into a single incident will not reassure families that Royal North Shore Hospital is safe," Mr O'Farrell said.

"Morris Iemma and Reba Meagher must find the backbone to order a full, open and independent inquiry into Royal North Shore Hospital."

Opposition health spokeswoman Jillian Skinner said a public inquiry like that carried out at Camden and Campbelltown hospitals was needed.

"An inquiry that is open to the public and the media is the only way systemic problems at ... the hospital will be exposed and actions taken to deliver solutions."

[ 本帖最后由 lo@syd 于 2007-9-28 19:51 编辑 ]
Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部