新足迹

找回密码
 注册
新足迹 门户 心情感悟 查看内容

Cherish life!

2004-12-17 20:11| 发布者: maribel | 查看: 5034| 原文链接

Moving from Freeoz.org
(written on 19, Nov, 2004, By Maribel)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, as usual,I got up when the alarm clock went off and walked in a hurry to catch the 8:50am train to Bentleigh. I waited there with some other people who I see almost everyday. The train didn't come on time and I didn't give it a damn because trains to Frankston departing from this platform and at this time are delayed very often,and normally it will come in several minutes . But today the delay was unusual and the traffic alarm began to ring nonstop.All the vehicles had to wait behind the boom gates.  People at the platform kept pressing the green button to retrive any information about the timetable. Later the announcement came -- There will be no train between Caulfield and Moorabbin at this time,we apologize for .... -- The station custom service officers were busy talking to someone on the phone and people were moving to a bus stop nearby. Later the officer told us an accident happened in Bentleigh which had caused the delay of the train, and they would contact bus services to take train passengers to their destination asap.

Wondering how long the bus would come as it was already 9:15am, so I decided not to go to work today and began to go back home .On the way back, I was wondering what accident it could be, a car accident? oh, it almost happens every day somewhere in the world, no big surprise though.

When I reached home, I rang my boss asking for a day off. My boss said - Oh yes, I've heard of the accident, just at Bentleigh, it's said a schoolgirl was knocked over by the train, how sad .... --

I didn't really hear what my boss was saying later and I hang it up,startled.

I felt soo shocked. A young life has gone in such a sunny morning. When I was waiting for the train this morning, I saw a lot of schoolgirls wearing beautiful school hats and they were chatting in a great mood. How beautiful their school uniform is. The dead girl must be one of them.. She must be late,so she crossed the emergency exit trying to catch the train when it was coming nearer. The train driver couldn't predict that she was crossing the exit at the moment when he drove the train at fast speed. If he could, he would have tried to step on the brake and stop the tragedy from happening! So sad! Though the driver doesn't need to take on any responsibility for this accident, I bet he must feel very very sad and guilty deep down... because the girl died instantly under the running wheels of the train he was driving.

I really don't understand why some passengers would like to take the risk of their life in crossing the emergency exit and running on the track when a train is coming, they possibly are late for school or work, but do they know their behaviour is a severe traffic rule offence? It's not like on a road when a car can stop with a horrible scratching sound with the ground, it's a train running at faster speed than is a car. Not long ago when I waiting behind the level crossing for the train to City direction to pull over, I saw an adult woman push the emergency exit and cross the track. The train driver blew the horn for several seconds, I thought he must be very angry with such bad behaviour. I will never follow her lead.

Cherish life from now on. Be responsible for your own behaviour especially when you walk on street or walk the crossing lines which are particularly designed for you -- pedestrians. Do not try to take shortcuts just to save your own time on a public road at rush hour. Better late than putting your own safety in danger!

Actually when you told me that some famous movie star passed away or died of heart attack, I probably wouldn't react this much because they are living in another world different than mine, they are too far away from me, anyway. Only when someone you know died all of a sudden of some disease or in an unexpected accident, you will realise how fragile life could be. The closer it is to you,the stronger the effect.

Seize the moment for nobody can predict what happens tomorrow! That's why we call "present" a "gift"!

[ Last edited by horseanddragon on 2005-1-2 at 07:41 PM ]
Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部