Advertisement

新足迹

找回密码
 注册
新足迹 门户 兴趣爱好 查看内容

如何选择小提琴老师 / 如何知道自己是否选对了一个小提琴老师

2011-5-1 16:42| 发布者: 第一名 | 查看: 5002| 原文链接

How To Choose a Good New Teacher

Ask the following questions and record points for answers in the blanks provided. There are 14 points possible. If your prospective teacher scores 10 or better, they are probably very good. (Note: This system applies to teachers of beginning violin students. Critiquing teachers of advanced students is a lot more complicated.)

_____ Do they have a waiting list? (This doesn’t guarantee anything, but it’s a good sign.) Yes = 1 point

_____ Are they a successful performer? (Not required, but a good indicator.) Yes = 1 point

_____ What groups do they play with? Are the groups professional? Yes = 1 point

_____ Have you heard the teacher play? (zero points here, because a novice may be impressed by not so great playing)

_____ Have you heard any of their students play? (This is important because great players aren’t guaranteed to be great teachers.) Were they good as far as you could tell? Yes = 1 point

_____ Do you know anyone who has studied with them? Ask them for references.

_____ Do they hold recitals? (Students need chances to perform. It motivates and teaches students skills they won’t get otherwise.) Yes = 2 points

_____ Do they belong to any musical organizations such as the American String Teachers Association (ASTA), the Suzuki Association of the Americas,
the International Suzuki Association, or others? (Not required, but a good indicator.) Yes = 1 point

_____ Ask them what method they teach. They should have a pretty definitive answer to that. For instance, my answer would be, “I start all my beginners with the Suzuki Method, but I do introduce note-reading earlier than the pure Suzuki method.” 2 points for a coherent answer

_____ Ask them what bow hold they teach. (This is really mean…it will throw off all but the best.) Their choices are “Franco-Belgian,” “Russian”, “Galamian”, or they should at least be able to describe it to you. 3 points for an answer that is not a blank stare

_____ Ask them which sort of vibrato they teach. (You are looking for “arm,” “wrist,” or “combination”) If they can’t answer, then they don’t have a plan for teaching it. 2 points for a direct answer

Here are some things you should NOT base your decision on:

Personality—sure it’s fun when you LIKE your teacher, but you’re not paying them to be your best friend.

Price—obviously you have to be able to afford it, but don’t let a high price impress you, and don’t let a cheap price entice you!

Whether or not the teacher gives “extra long lessons” is not a reflection on their ability as a teacher.

“Mean” or “Nice” doesn’t mean good or bad. But a teacher shouldn’t be hurtful to your self esteem.

[ 本帖最后由 第一名 于 2011-5-1 16:44 编辑 ]
Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部