新足迹 门户 中学教育 查看内容

悉尼中学里日益严重的网络欺凌现象

2010-3-9 18:36| 发布者: patrickzhu | 查看: 1848| 原文链接

The Daily Telegraph今天的报道,和SMH对The King's School的报道一样,说明现在悉尼的中学里不太平。

翻译如下。

因为受到越来越多的家长们投诉说他们的孩子收到了网络上的仇恨信息,学校正在要求警察调查一些学生的日益严重的网络欺凌现象。

NSW州一个顶尖的女校已经向警察报告几起正在发生的网络骚扰事件,并要求家长们监控他们女儿的网上活动。

位于悉尼北区Gladesville的Riverside Girls High School已经要求家长们向学校报告每一起网络欺凌和骚扰事件。

学校校长Judy King在给家长们的一封信里说,每个星期我们会收到一个紧张的家长的通知,告诉我们他们的女儿收到了一个学生或者是一帮学生的的骚扰信息。这些恶劣的的人身攻击信息的发布者不是总是能被知道的。

学校现在忙着处理这类事件,比如在星期一处理因为Facebook引发的网络欺凌,然后在星期五又要处理手机短信的骚扰案件。

最夸张的是一起州教育部记录的案件:
两个女生咋网络聊天室里的“吵架”,结果其中一个女生的父亲打电话给另一个同个学校的女生警告她:"I dare you to come near my daughter. If you do, I will belt the s... out of you."

去年在悉尼精英私校Ascham School里的两个Year 9的学生,因为涉及网络欺凌事件,在学校开除他们之前退学了。这两个学生在MySpace上诽谤其同学,声称同班的一个女同学和很多男生有性关系。

恶意的的信息还包括比如像
"Biggest bitch in our year"
"she thinks she's best friends with lots of people but they actually hate her".

在King女士写给家长们的信里说,当学生们在教室里,在公共汽车上,在playground上发生的冲突,现在都成了学校的事情了。

Top girl's school call police on bullies

Bruce McDougall Education Reporter
March 08, 2010 11:14PM

SCHOOLS are asking police to investigate serious student cyber bullying amid increasing complaints from parents about their children receiving hate messages online.
One of the state's top girls' schools has reported "several episodes of ongoing harassment" to police and pleaded with parents to monitor their daughters' online activity.

Riverside Girls High School at Gladesville in Sydney's north has told families to report every case of cyber bullying and harassment.

"Each week we receive a notification from a distressed parent about some appalling message their daughter has received from a fellow student or group of students," principal Judy King said in a letter to parents.

"The author of the vicious personal attack is sometimes known, sometimes not."

Counsellors around Australia said schools now spent the start of each week dealing with the fallout of cyber bullying generated on Facebook and via text message at weekends. One of the worst cases recorded by the Department of Education and Training followed a row between two girls in an online chatroom.

The father of one of them phoned the other student at school and warned her: "I dare you to come near my daughter. If you do, I will belt the s... out of you."

At the elite private Ascham School last year, two Year 9 students were removed before they could be expelled for cyber bullying.

The pair denigrated a classmate on MySpace including allegations of a girl having sex with numerous boys.

Nasty messages have included "Biggest bitch in our year" and "she thinks she's best friends with lots of people but they actually hate her".

In her letter to families, Ms King said: "It becomes [the school's] business when the ongoing conflict erupts in classrooms, on buses and in the playground."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au ... reuy9-1225838449008
Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部