-我花钱让我的孩子们学会与他人合作,成为优秀的团队伙伴,在失败中保持优雅,在成功中保持谦逊。

-我花钱让我的孩子们学会处理失望,当他们没有得到他们希望的名次或头衔时,他们仍然一周又一周地全力以赴。

-我花钱让我的孩子学会制定和完成目标。

-我花钱让我的孩子不仅尊重自己,而且尊重其他运动员、工作人员和教练。

-我花钱是为了让我的孩子明白,要想成为冠军,需要长时间、年复一年的努力和练习,而成功不是一蹴而就的。

-我花钱让我的孩子知道为自己的小成就感到自豪同时还能不断为长期目标努力。

-我花钱为了让我的孩子们有现在和将来结交终身朋友的机会,有创造终身回忆的机会,能像我一样为自己的成就感到自豪。

-我花钱是为了让我的孩子可以在户外或健身房锻炼,而不是坐在屏幕前……

我可以继续说下去,但简而言之,我不为运动买单,我是为体育运动给我的孩子们提供的机会付钱,培养他们终身受益的品质,也让他们有为别人的生活送上祝福的机会。就我目前所看到的,我认为这是一个很不错的投资!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
英文版也贴上来:

One of my friends asked "Why do you pay so much money for your kids to do all their sports”? Well I have a confession to make; I don't pay for my kids to to do sports. Personally, I couldn't care less about what sport they do.
So, if I am not paying for sports what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they want to quit but don't.
- I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are "too tired" to go to their training but they go anyway.
- I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined, focused and dedicated.
- I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body and equipment.
- I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be good team mates, gracious in defeat and humble in success.
- I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don't get that placing or title they'd hoped for, but still they go back week after week giving it their best shot.
- I pay for my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my kids to respect, not only themselves, but other athletes, officials and coaches.
- I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours, years and years of hard work and practice to create a champion and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay for my kids to be proud of small achievements, and to work towards long term goals.
- I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships, create lifelong memories, to be as proud of their achievements as I am.
- I pay so that my kids can be out on the field or in the gym instead of in front of a screen...
...I could go on but, to be short, I don't pay for sports; I pay for the opportunities that sports provides my kids with to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
这些感悟也许和西方的教育理念不无关系,在这个浮躁的社会,关注孩子自身能力的成长变得更加紧迫和重要

我个人对这个爸爸说的有很多共鸣,所以分享一下,希望能给迷茫中的家长们一点启发。

Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部