Advertisement
Advertisement

新足迹

找回密码
 注册
新足迹 门户 中学教育 查看内容

Jimmy O. Yang 金句

2023-5-24 22:33| 发布者: Saihu | 查看: 2511| 原文链接

放松的时候喜欢看stand-up comedians. 喜欢Jimmy, 很多他的笑话都和他的移民背景有关,很好笑,也很有共鸣。他爸爸也有许多金句,现在因为Jimmy 的原因,也走上了演艺之路。有趣的一家人。

“One of the hard things coming from an immigrant family - or any family that doesn't believe in the arts - is that you have to disappoint your parents. That's hard for people to do if you're a good kid.”

“Growing up, my dad was 'get a real job, don't go pursuing your dreams, that's how you become homeless.' So, do I pick my family or do I pick my own happiness, and how much does my own happiness depend on my family?”

“I obeyed my parents' rules inside our Chinese household while I pursued my dreams in the American world outside.”

“I don't know why people feel the need to do this to me, but my friend asked my dad, 'Aren't your proud of Jimmy now that he's a successful actor?' And my dad was like, 'No, not really. I wish he was a scientist.' I guess scientist is more noble in the Asian culture.”

“I guess I've lived my whole life as an outsider.”

“Whatever ethnicity you are, yes, absolutely you have to be proud of who you are man. I am really really proud to be Asian, I got to say.”

Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部