找回密码
 注册
新足迹 门户 大学教育 查看内容

News.com.au 今天的头号新闻,SugarBaby!

2016-2-1 09:18| 发布者: 清墨水 | 查看: 11543| 原文链接

新闻版已经有翻译了,我就在这里贴一下,简单翻译下主要内容。

中国家长肯定是接受不了的,心理素质特强大的除外。。。。

每年挣75000的,能读好书吗。。。。。

“LOLA” is a 19-year-old uni student. Her “boyfriend” is a 51-year-old who runs a successful Perth consulting business. He paid her $75,000 last year.
Lola is one of a growing number of “sugar babies” — young women and students who date older, rich men, known as “sugar daddies”, in return for lavish gifts and allowances.

19岁女孩Lola的51岁SugarDaddy男朋友每年给她75000。

The Curtin University student told news.com.au she had been seeing the same sugar daddy for the past year after meeting through the popular SeekingArrangementwebsite.

关键网站:SeekingArrangement

Lola says it’s a mutually beneficial setup. “You wouldn’t be in it if you didn’t want something out of it, so you can’t complain about a guy wanting something, because you’re also wanting something,” she said.

女孩说:这是一种成熟的利益关系,有索取必有付出

“You have to give him the love or companionship, anything he’s after.”
According to SeekingArrangement.com, Australian sugar babies earn an average of $3000 in monthly allowances — and a growing number of university students are signing up.

网站说平均每月待遇是3000

The controversial site has released its annual Fastest Growing Sugar Baby Schools ranking, with the University of Sydney topping the list with 90 new members joining in past 12 months. Three hundred University of Sydney students in total are registered on the site.

备受争议的网站列出另类SchoolRanking:悉尼大学名列第一,去年12月里有90名新成员加入,总在册人数达300人。

The University of Newcastle was close behind with 85 sign-ups, followed by the Queensland University of Technology with 81, the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University with 78, and the University of Queensland with 75.

纽卡索大学位列第二 85人,昆士兰科技大学81人,皇家墨尔本科技学院78人,昆士兰大学75人。

SeekingArrangement claims more than 80,000 “young, educated and broke” Australian students are now “easing the burden with help from sugar daddies”.
The site offers free premium memberships to students that register with their university email address or show proof of enrolment. It says nearly 2 million students are registered worldwide.

网站提供免费注册,据说全世界有2百万注册人数。

Lola, who also has a part-time job, is paid a weekly allowance — not including gifts, dinners, flights and other luxuries. She estimates her sugar daddy has paid her more than $75,000 — roughly $1450 a week.
Lola said she started by seeing him twice a week and it’s gradually evolved to become more like a traditional relationship. But she says it took a “couple of months” before they had sex.

前文所提女孩Lola每周见SUGARDADDY 2次,他们互相短消息3个月后才见面。

“We were messaging each other for three months until we actually met,” she said. “It was really nice because we got to know each other. We met up and connected straight away.
“We usually go out for dinner, he takes me out to social things for work, and yeah — just do normal relationship things that normal couples do.”

Sugardaddy带她晚餐,出去见世面,然后发生关系。

Lola says only a few of her close friends know — she was introduced to the site by a friend — and “they think it’s cool”. Her parents only know she’s seeing an older man.

Lola说只有她的少数闺蜜知道此事,她也是被朋友介绍去的(损友 ),朋友们认为这很“酷”。而她的父母知道她在和一个老男人相处。

Do they think it’s inappropriate? “Of course,” she said.

“They know but they don’t know. They don’t really ask or like to talk about it. They just say, ‘Do you like him? Do you actually like him or are you doing this for money?’ But I think they just grew to understand.”

父母显然认为这不合适,但是Lola认为父母在逐渐理解她。

She argues it’s no different to being married. “If a wealthy married man wants to pamper his wife by paying her money or giving her gifts, I think that’s fine. It’s fine if both parties are OK with it.”

Lola争辩道这和结婚没两样,两厢情愿,一个愿打一个愿挨。

Curtin University student ‘Lola’ has made $75,000 from her sugar daddy.Source:Supplied
Asked how long she intends to keep seeing him, she said: “I don’t know. I mean, I really like him a lot. After graduating I don’t know what’s going to happen then.
“I really want to keep seeing him as much as I can.”

Lola愿意保持这种关系。

“Samantha”, a former sugar baby, called the site “addictive”. “You have someone basically throwing money and materialistic things at you,” she said.
“Not so much me, but other girls — they like that. They like to be spoiled and taken care of.”

另一名前Sugarbaby Samantha则认为该网站让人上瘾,因为女孩子们被照顾被宠爱。

Samantha, who also lives in Perth, said while she never had sex with anyone on the site, she still made about $4000 just by meeting up with her two sugar daddies.

Samantha说她没有和任何人发生过关系,却通过2个Sugardaddy 赚了4000刀。

“I didn’t sleep with them. I made it very clear, I make my own rules,” she said.
“People who don’t know you just assume you’re a prostitute, you’re doing it because you’re a gold digger, but they don’t know me.”
But she said the majority of girls on the site were there for sex. “My friend did, that was the type of person she was. She wouldn’t admit it, but she liked being spoiled, everything paid for,” she said.
“You catch up with them, they might want someone for an event, that’s all you’re really doing to get payment, jewellery. Really, it is that easy.”
‘A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO CRIPPLING DEBT’
Sugar babies, according to the site’s sign-up page, are “attractive people looking for the finer things in life”. “They appreciate exotic trips and gifts. Sugar babies get to experience a luxurious lifestyle, and meet wealthy people on a regular basis,” it says.
Sugar daddies, meanwhile, are “successful men and women who know what they want”. “They’re driven, and enjoy attractive company by their side. Money isn’t an issue, thus they are generous when it comes to supporting a sugar baby.”
Sugar babies are expected to keep the flings private as sugar daddies are often “respected community figures in high places that have other existing demands”.
“Revealing a sugar relationship could be harmful to their career and personal life,” prospective sugar babies are warned. “If you help your daddy maintain the fun, the rewards are great!”
SeekingArrangement argues proposed university deregulation, which could lead to an increase in tuition fees and debt, has prompted students to turn to sugar daddies to help them “bypass this unfortunate fate”.

University of Sydney has been named the top ‘sugar baby’ university.Source:News Limited
Brandon Wade, founder and chief executive of SeekingArrangement, said a sugar daddy was a “great alternative to accumulating crippling debt, allowing sugar babies to graduate debt-free”.

网站负责人认为这是一个让孩子们无债毕业的好途径。

“Australia is placing the burden of student debt on the country. Rather than repaying the favour, graduates are escaping to other countries,” Mr Wade said in a statement.
“Some see this as a controversial solution. In reality, SeekingArrangement.com has helped facilitate connections that will foster the futures of young women, and even some men. That’s more than anyone can say of the Commonwealth government.”
According to SeekingArrangement, 35 per cent of its university members came from upper-middle and high-income families, which has remained constant since last year.

SeekingArrangement说35%的大学生会员来自中上家庭。

Younger students are joining in increasing numbers, however, with the ratio of undergraduate students now making up 82 per cent versus 18 per cent.
In Australia, SeekingArrangement says it now has 130,000 female sugar babies, 56,000 sugar daddies, 11,600 male sugar babies, and 6000 sugar ‘mommies’.

在澳洲,有13万女性Sugarbaby,5万6Sugarddaddy, 1万多男性Sugarbaby,6千Sugarmommy.

FASTEST GROWING SUGAR BABY UNIS*

发展最快的大学,根据新注册的大学EMAIL地址统计
1. University of Sydney — 90
2. University of Newcastle — 85
3. Queensland University of Technology — 81
4. Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University — 78
5. University of Queensland — 75
6. University of New South Wales — 75
7. University of South Australia — 65
8. University of Wollongong — 63
9. Deakin University — 60
10. Victoria University — 55
11. Griffith University — 54
12. Macquarie University — 53
13. La Trobe University — 45
14. University of Melbourne — 37
15. Edith Cowan University — 36
16. Monash University — 35
17. University of Adelaide — 32
18. Southern Cross University — 31
19. Curtin University — 25
20. Australian Catholic University — 24
* Number of new sign-ups from university email accounts.
(Source: SeekingArrangement.com)

source: http://www.news.com.au/finance/w ... 25d405f5c37e12ba8b0

Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部