新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 宝宝学说话记 (2007-6-29) 水晶靴 · 酥皮鸡丝火腿汤和马拉盏炒通菜 (2009-9-27) 老陶
· Myall Lakes 沙漠日落 (2012-1-15) alextzj · 三年理财经验谈 -- 更长的流水帐(完) (2007-12-22) longyu68
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 1147|回复: 2

[评书论文] 高卢战记 - War in Gaul [复制链接]

发表于 2013-12-13 05:55 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 测量仪 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 测量仪 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 测量仪 于 2013-12-13 06:56 编辑

Caesar was orphaned in his childhood and was adopted. He proved himself by being a top class gladiator, at which time gladiators were consisted of mainly slaves.

He, then, joined legion and very quickly distinguished himself in the battlefield.

Married a lady from top class, who was subsequently kicked out from her family for marrying a man from lower class, he was stricken by series of misfortune. His wife died at childbirth only 19 year old, left him with a daughter, who married Caesar’s arch rival Pompey and died early of her womanhood.

During his campaign in Gaul and Britain, he was not always in an advantageous position, in fact most of time he was outnumbered by his enemy. However he won the battle by sound judgement, determined zeal and enormous hard labour. At the same time, his reasoning of treatment to the natives in Gaul may be still referred in court case in the modern times.
I am not sure if ‘War in Gaul’ was polished by historians. In this book Caesar was almost a perfect man, being thorough in investigations; well reasoned in judgements; unwilling to waste soldiers’ life unnecessarily; very courageous when making sally; good at using enormous labour to build earthworks, such as rampart, beyond our imagination;  very forgiving even after several open revolt in Gaul.

I only word I can say is that every great man is being great for a reason.

Ni
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2013-12-13 06:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 kawara 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 kawara 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
楼主太牛了,恺撒写的书都看

发表于 2013-12-13 20:10 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 测量仪 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 测量仪 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
kawara 发表于 2013-12-13 07:02
楼主太牛了,恺撒写的书都看

还好是英文,如果是意大利文,那只能折纸飞机了。
Ni

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部