新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 闲话澳洲家具(现代家具) (2007-10-1) dickson · 长篇--走过中部北领地,走过南澳,走过新西兰,凑和汇报一集,片大片多速度慢,慎入! (2011-6-22) 陈少
· 我奮鬥了8年才和你在一起聊足跡平均年薪 非IT僞會計赴美囯尋出路辛酸史 (2020-10-28) slau1 · 蔡康永——《那些男孩教我的事》 (2004-12-13) 蜻蜓
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 873|回复: 12

[澳洲] Hunting under attack: What you can do [复制链接]

退役斑竹

发表于 2013-7-12 11:12 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 slicendice 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 slicendice 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
The best thing you can do to protect your right to hunt on NSW public land is write to your local MP, and we've prepared a full list of issues to bring up.

In conjunction with hunting organisations and prominent representatives, Sporting Shooter has compiled this extensive list as a guide to your own personalised letter, which will have far more impact than a form letter.

We recommend you use some or all of them, and put your own take on them, expressing your feelings about the actions of Premier Barry O’Farrell in scrapping the Game Council without notice and under such politically motivated circumstances.

The Game Council will not be resurrected and we do not suggest you advocate rebuilding it, but it’s vital that we make it clear to the O’Farrell Government that we will not tolerate any reduction in our established right to recreational hunting opportunities on public land.

You’ll find contact details for all NSW MPs listed on the NSW parliament website.

Hunters were shut out of state forests for no reason

Hunting under Game Council management ran successfully for over seven years on NSW public lands. It was acknowledged in Stephen Dunn’s report as a success, and he did not recommend it be stopped. Why has it been stopped? Why has the government acted beyond the recommendations of its own commissioned report?

We have no faith in the national parks trial

Culls involving recreational hunters will be trialled in 12 National Parks under onerous and unrealistic conditions that are guaranteed to result in failure. We do not believe NPWS staff will run these culls with any intention of a successful result. Why set up the process for failure?

Unnecessary risk assessment for state forests

The Minister for Primary Industries spoke of a risk assessment process for state forest and Crown land hunting that, according to the Dunn Report, is unnecessary. The Minister also suggested that future state forest and Crown land hunting by recreational hunters may adopt the guaranteed-to-fail model being trialled in national parks. Why are you setting out to destroy an activity that has proven successful for seven years?

Economic damage if hunting is stopped

Hunters travelling to state forests have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on accommodation, fuel, groceries and incidentals, usually in regional areas. This is on top of ammunition, appropriate clothing and licensing fees. How will local economies make up for the loss in income if public land hunting is seriously curtailed?

Genuine reason for ownership of a firearm

My legal reason for ownership of a firearm is to pursue recreational hunting on public land. If this is not to be a possibility in future, will the NSW Police take my firearms from me through no fault of my own and without adequate compensation?

Discrimination based on a cultural activity

As part of the Yorta-Yorta land rights claim, the High Court recognised European hunters as a party of interest because of their proven cultural background. Why am I being discriminated against for pursuing my legal recreational pursuit which harms no-one and helps in the battle against feral animals on public land?

Very worrying moves towards a ban on hunting

The Greens have a stated aim of abolishing all recreational hunting for no justifiable reason other than ideology and the O’Farrell Government is proving to be leaning this way. Hunting is a legitimate cultural and historic pursuit that goes to the root of mankind’s development. Is the O’Farrell Government determined to curtail the legal ethnic and cultural pursuit of hundreds of thousands of its citizens to pander to a tiny, but vocal green-red minority?

Hunting is an internationally recognised part of conservation management

Organisations such as the International Union for the Conservation of Nature not only recognise hunting as a legitimate pastime but embrace it as part of their goals for sustainable management. Throughout Europe, Africa, the USA and elsewhere, regulated recreational hunting (as opposed to organised culls) plays a significant role in wildlife management. What guarantees can the O’Farrell Government give that conservation hunting will not only be allowed to continue in NSW but will be encouraged so that it can provide greater benefits for the community and environment?

Political contempt for law-abiding citizens

I am by definition one of the most law-abiding people in the state. Why am I continually discriminated against by this government with over-regulation such as the Ammunition Control Bill and now the closure of state forests to hunter access? Has the Ammunition Control Bill stopped drive-by and gang-on-gang shootings in Sydney? Is this how our elected leaders intend to keep treating its most upright and outstanding citizens?

Game Council staff and their proven skills

Will the employees of the Game Council Division, now taken on by the DPI, be integral and valued in the administration and implementation of public land hunting in NSW in view of the Dunn report praising their experience and conscientious efforts to date? Or will they be sidelined and denied relevance in the new DPI order? What assurances will the government give me that their contribution and energy will not be wasted?

Lack of consultation with senior Game Council members

Why was there no consultation on the future of the Game Council with Chairman or CEO. The Chairman received a copy of the Dunn report from the Minister’s office 45 minutes after the announcement the council was to be disbanded and 30 minutes after the Sydney Morning Herald had posted the story. The CEO who was on holiday found out from a phone call from a hunter and then learnt the details from the ABC radio reports. Given that Dunn acknowledged the excellent work game council had done, why were they treated with this type of contempt?

Political sabotage of the Game Council

Why have successive state governments inadequately funded and supported the Game Council Division, other than to see it fail in its non-core business, ie, bureaucratic and self-serving reporting?

Lack of government support for hunting

If the O’Farrell Government was genuinely supportive of the concept of recreational hunting in national parks throughout the public debate, why did they not more extensively publicise that such hunting was to be conducted in remote locations with minimal existing visitation under the successful state forests model, rather than allow the Greens the unchallenged freedom to spread the fallacy that bushwalkers in the Royal National Park or the Blue Mountains would be dodging the bullets of “redneck” hunters?

Is the government prepared to show faith?

Has the O’Farrell Government continually looked for excuses to fetter and unreasonably discriminate against law-abiding shooters and hunters in NSW? If not, will the O’Farrell Government undertake to feed additional funding into the positive development of legal hunting and shooting in NSW, free from additional red tape and measurably beneficial to every licensed shooter in NSW, from 20% of the proceeds from the Barangaroo Development for the first ten years after a dividend is realised?

Political fallout from Mr O’Farrell’s actions

Hunters have been gaining political strength over the years. There are about 200,000 firearm owners in NSW, including 20,000 R-licence holders, many living in areas such as Western Sydney which is tipped to play a key role in the outcome of the coming federal election. Is the O’Farrell Government aware of the potential political fallout from the continuing contempt it has shown towards hunters and shooters?

Article courtesy www.sportingshootermag.com.au.
Wasn't born to please you.
Advertisement
Advertisement

2013年度奖章获得者

发表于 2013-7-12 13:09 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Tacticool 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Tacticool 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
这个周末就写信过去!

已经到了这个地步了,再不行动的话难道等着被收枪?不单只是打猎的人,所有有枪的人都应该发一个邮件去,每一个邮件都是一分力量。要点都提出来了,自己稍微修改一下就行。
这周末打不到猪我就去抗日!

发表于 2013-7-12 14:36 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 samxu0001 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 samxu0001 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Tacticool 发表于 2013-7-12 13:09
这个周末就写信过去!

已经到了这个地步了,再不行动的话难道等着被收枪?不单只是打猎的人,所有有枪的人 ...

没枪的飘过 还有邮政的布袋我帮你顺了二个(真的很扎实.又轻啊)明天我先拿一个去背鱼试看好用不
积分: 88888

2013年度奖章获得者

发表于 2013-7-12 14:55 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Tacticool 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Tacticool 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
samxu0001 发表于 2013-7-12 14:36
没枪的飘过 还有邮政的布袋我帮你顺了二个(真的很扎实.又轻啊)明天我先拿一个去背鱼试看好用不 ...

谢了,回来说说用后感,难怪eBay那哥们强力推荐。

死了,邮局的布袋子将会成为继milk crates后澳村人家居必备的免费用品。
这周末打不到猪我就去抗日!

发表于 2013-7-12 15:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 cangaru 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 cangaru 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
邮政的布袋子怎么个顺法,是去了就拿吗

发表于 2013-7-12 15:22 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 happysee 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 happysee 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
要组织游行,捍卫我们的权利
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2013-7-12 15:33 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 samxu0001 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 samxu0001 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
cangaru 发表于 2013-7-12 15:03
邮政的布袋子怎么个顺法,是去了就拿吗

走到邮政货仓顺呀(前提是你得进得去)
积分: 88888

发表于 2013-7-13 00:30 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 royhero 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 royhero 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

马上就去给MP写信! 亏我一直都投联盟,这样下去,不是逼着大家去投工党

退役斑竹

发表于 2013-7-13 08:43 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 slicendice 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 slicendice 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
royhero 发表于 2013-7-13 00:30
马上就去给MP写信! 亏我一直都投联盟,这样下去,不是逼着大家去投工党 ...

投射击钓鱼党

发表于 2013-7-13 21:43 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 followmeya 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 followmeya 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
slicendice 发表于 2013-7-13 08:43
投射击钓鱼党

必须的(paopaobing(27))
做人要厚道.....

退役斑竹

发表于 2013-7-15 13:38 |显示全部楼层
Robert BorsakShooters and Fishers Party
Friday at 11:33am ·
Here is an interesting letter to a local Liberal Party member that tells it elloquently like it is, please read it and write to your local members, it seems that the Coalition govts of this country just can't help themselves, I'll be voting ALP in my local seat and SFP for the Senate in NSW;

Here is a letter to my local Federal Liberal MP as I am a mexican.

Dear Bruce Billson:
I am an 8 year resident of Mornington and Dunkley I am proud law abiding firearms owner, target shooter, hunter, conservationist, fisherman and outdoors person and you have always had my vote over the previous 2 elections. Though events last week in NSW has led me to view the Liberal and National parties with distrust and on that basis unless something changes prior to the soon to be announced federal election you will no longer have my vote.

Last week in what I can only call a callous and disgraceful act of political gamesmanship your colleagues the NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell and the NSW minister of Primary Industries Katrina Hodgkinson disbanded the NSW Game Council, suspended all Feral Animal Conservation Hunting activities in NSW State Forests and dropped the recently announced positive changes to the Game Bird Hunting regulations. This was in response to the independent Governance Review of the Game Council of NSW by Stephen Dunn.

Here are the facts

Hunting under Game Council management ran successfully for over seven years on NSW public lands. It was acknowledged in Stephen Dunn’s report as a success, and he did not recommend it be stopped. So why have your NSW state colleagues had it stopped? Why has the NSW government acted beyond the recommendations of its own commissioned report?
They also announced a much watered down approach to feral animal control in National Parks and Game Bird Hunting program than what was previously agreed to with the Shooters & Fishers Party and which was legislated. So is it the normal behavior of a Liberal Government to behave in such a manner which makes you no better than the ALP.

Why was there no consultation on the future of the Game Council with the Chairman or CEO. The Chairman received a copy of the Dunn report from the Minister’s office 45 minutes after the announcement the council was to be disbanded and 30 minutes after the Sydney Morning Herald had posted the story. The CEO who was on holiday found out from a phone call from a hunter and then learnt the details from the ABC radio reports. Given that Dunn acknowledged the excellent work game council had done, why were they treated with this type of contempt? Tony Abbott has indicated that if elected as Prime Minister he would run a consultative Government. Based on the behavior of the NSW Liberal Government I find that hard to believe.
This move by the NSW Government concerns me greatly as it appears as though it is a move towards a ban on hunting. The Greens have a stated aim of abolishing all recreational hunting for no justifiable reason other than ideology and the NSW Liberal Government is proving to be leaning this way. Hunting is a legitimate cultural and historic pursuit that goes to the root of mankind’s development. Is the O’Farrell Government determined to curtail the legal ethnic and cultural pursuit of hundreds of thousands of its citizens and others from Victoria and other states to pander to a tiny, but vocal green-red minority?

Your party has a reputation over the last 17 years of political contempt for firearm owning law-abiding citizens. I am by definition one of the most law-abiding people in the country. Why am I continually discriminated against by your party when in Government, with over-regulation such as the heavy handed and unnecessary firearm bans in response to the Port Arthur tragedy, the NSW Ammunition Control Bill and now the closure of state forests in NSW to hunter access? Has the Ammunition Control Bill stopped drive-by and gang-on-gang shootings in Sydney? Is this how our elected leaders intend to keep treating its most upright and outstanding citizens? While I was most disappointed with your party after PM Howard’s response to Port Arthur and did not vote Liberal at that following election, I ended taking up the view that your party could be forgiven if they managed the other key policy area’s well as long as a similar act against my hunting culture was not attacked again. Well that time as arrived and on that basis I will be switching my vote to either the Shooters & Fishers Party in the Senate and the ALP in the House of Reps despite their issues as they do not have a history of openly attacking law abiding firearms owners, unless something is done to reverse this disgraceful decision in NSW. I also note that Dunkley is one of the most marginal held Liberal seats.

I am also writing this same letter to the Leader of the Opposition Tony Abbott and the NSW Premier. I request that you discuss these issues with them to see to it that there is an appropriate outcome where public land hunting is returned to NSW is a sensible and workable regulation and report on those discussions back to me before it is too late for the Federal Election

Sincerely,
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2013-7-22 10:18 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 lolachen 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 lolachen 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

发表于 2013-7-23 21:41 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 richardli1618 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 richardli1618 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
这个一定要支持啊,玩枪很重要的!

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部