新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 心血总结,申请加精:收发work email的八大注意事项和技巧 (2011-7-10) mybluejade · 【AK小食堂】之晚餐(一), 第四页92 楼跟风偶像蛋糕姐姐蒜香骨一盘~第二页31楼更新周日晚餐~活虾, 活蟹, (2013-4-13) Agamemnon
· 个人总结出生的婴儿准备清单,供准妈妈参考 (2009-8-10) queenmax · 《诗经天天学》希望得到大家的帮助 (2011-1-8) 方白
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 1421|回复: 2

20/06/2005 - Lost Gem [复制链接]

退役斑竹

发表于 2005-6-21 09:57 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 JACK 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 JACK 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
It has been a while since last time I went for a casual walk after lunch. My colleagues and I all decided to go on our favorite route - the 'lolli place' then the waterfront of Sydney Harbour. To our dissappointment, the shopping centre where the 'lolli place' is located was all vacated! We looked everywhere for the relocation notice but found non. I felt like I've lost an old friend.

The walk was cut short.

The candy drops are my lost gems and they are sweeter in my memory. I came back to the office and found out the following article which I never finished. The computer tells me it was last edited on 22/03/2004.

Last Friday, I mentioned that the Museum of Contemporary Art is one of our favourite destinations for after-lunch wandering-around.  Since the exhibition only changes every month or two, for the days in between, Sticky is the favourite among the favourites.

Sticky is the name of a candy store selling all hand made candies or lollipops. As we refer to it, the ‘lolly place’. It is located in the Argyle Arcade between George St and Harrington St.

The whole store is the show ground of the sweet artists-the candy makers. Through the chest-high glass partitioner, you can watch the candy-makers making candies from the white sugar to cute candy drops or palm-sized lollipops. The other reason that I would call them artists is because they are fantastic entertainers as well. When it is school holidays, the counter will be crammed with curious and hungry kids, and all times frequents – the tourists. Along the process, they explain what they are doing, ask questions to the audience, crack jokes no and then, so the store is a fun place for all.

I watched the whole process of making passion fruit drops once. It involved with melting the sugar into syrup, colouring, cooling, shaping and moulding, stretching and cutting. I still remember the candy-maker ask one kid in the audience: do you know how many seeds are there in a passion fruit? Then it is the moment of truth, sampling, the only part that are performed by the audience and for free.

For the rest of the story please refer http://www.sticky.com.au/

[ Last edited by JACK on 2005-6-21 at 09:57 AM ]
Advertisement
Advertisement

退役斑竹

发表于 2005-6-20 21:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 horseanddragon 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 horseanddragon 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
晕啊,要不是队长的面子,这么长的英文我基本上看不完的,咔咔

不过果然优美哈

退役斑竹

发表于 2005-6-20 23:10 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 horseanddragon 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 horseanddragon 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
在我们公司,这样的饭后行动俗称“遛弯”,不过一群大粗人,就是遛不出细雨斜阳

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部