新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 夏季转会展望之二 (2008-5-25) joaquin · 孩子的品格教育(交流贴),更新214楼,转帖看《射雕》,悟教育 (2013-4-1) Della
· 参加活动 我和那些馒头的故事(煮夫手记十八) (2011-4-1) amon54 · 父母探亲Overseas Visitor保险总结 (2007-11-14) qqyang
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 2014|回复: 24

玛丽宝的小屋 [复制链接]

发表于 2005-6-2 20:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 maribel 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 maribel 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
June 1, Cloudy, sleepy

I once wrote something (this cannot be called "Diary" as I didn't write it every day)on MSN Groups, however I found that they removed the stuff when I hadn't been there for three months.

Actually it's another ordinary day as usual, however I cannot keep my spirits up all day along as I didn't sleep well last night.

The neighbour upstairs began to make a lot of chaos before and after last midnight and I was waken up when I just fell asleep. I could hear them chat and laugh loudly, along with moving something. Several days ago, all neighbours in the proximity received a letter from the Body Corporate, they reminded every resident of some problems the neighbourhood has complained, "Noise" is one of them. However, our nearest neighbour still drives FAST in the carpark every morning when we were still sleeping; and some neighbour upstairs still make a lot of noise in late night. They are not considerate and mindful of others who go to work the next day. I really wanted to go out and shout upward -SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-  last night if it wouldn't awake other asleep people in our area.

[ Last edited by maribel on 2005-6-2 at 08:29 PM ]
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2005-6-1 18:23 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 小米 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 小米 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
那么COMPLAIN啊,去敲他们的门告诉他们.再不行,写信去有关部门COMPLAIN吧
匿名发表于 2005-6-1 19:28
此文章由 足迹网系统保留 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 足迹网系统保留 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
才发现小米连签名也换啦?

发表于 2005-6-1 20:27 |显示全部楼层
物似人非  在 2005-6-1 07:28 PM 发表:

才发现小米连签名也换啦?

欢度六一,应个景

发表于 2005-6-2 21:34 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 maribel 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 maribel 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
June 2 , cloudy, tired

This morning I received a call from my boss when I was about to leave home. He asked if I could help accompany some clients from China to Royal Botanic Garden. To be honest, I have never been there though I have been in Melbourne for over a year.

So I rushed out to take the next train to office, then my boss drove me to the hotel where they put up. Then we started the "journey" and I walked in front like a tour guide (I know I never have the gift for it).

We walked along Federation Square and passed several gardens, the beautiful and pictureque scenary made them "wow, wow" nonstop. Finally we reached Botanic Garden.

There were indeed many kinds of flora which I couldn't name, neither did I know the age of those trees. During our rainforest walk, we noticed some knife-cut in the bark of an old tree which read-- "Chinese been here, 1991" --    

I enjoyed the lakeside scenary with elegant black swans and ducks swimming in the lake freely and fallen leaves lying on lawn quietly, but my this mood was abruptly ruined by someone's comment -- How about catching a swan and cooking it for dinner?-- I know that many Chinese take such kind of joke as humour, but for me, it really sounded lame.

I also felt sick when they coughed and spit to the lawn.

I was very relieved when we were leaving the garden after spending two hours inside. I hope I won't be given such tough task again.

[ Last edited by maribel on 2005-6-2 at 09:34 PM ]

退役斑竹

发表于 2005-6-3 11:11 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 coldair 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 coldair 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
My family have been this garden once time. that is a nice day , we prepared some food, and picnic there, on the way back , we see a wedding , the bride, lady in dress, it is beautiful day. we enjoy it very much.

I discuss with my daughter ,when she grow up what kind of wedding she want, I explain the eastern style and this westen style. lovely day!

What a shame, you can not enjoy the garden in you way.

thanks for sharing and .... practice my english.

have a nice day!  
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2005-6-3 17:35 |显示全部楼层
coldair  在 2005-6-3 11:11 发表:

My family have been this garden once time. that is a nice day , we prepared some food, and picnic there, on the way back , we see a wedding , the bride, lady in dress, it is beautiful day. we enjoy ...

jeeeeeeeeee, I believe I will enjoy very much the scenary in the garden, however it depends on who you go with.

Writing something in English regularly will definitely help practise our English. ;-)

[ Last edited by maribel on 2005-6-3 at 05:35 PM ]

发表于 2005-6-3 12:30 |显示全部楼层
June 3 Sunnnny ~~~~~~~~~~

TGIF~~~~~ We finally have a SUNNY day today after several cloudy and chilly days in a row~~~

I feel reenergised and my mood is also revatalised , gooooood~~~~~

退役斑竹

发表于 2005-6-3 16:04 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 coldair 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 coldair 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

发表于 2005-6-3 17:38 |显示全部楼层
My eyes are so stressed, having fixed on the computer monitor for a bloody whole day ~~~ My workplace is facing the beautiful Fawkner Park and I guess I should have a stroll during lunch break in the future. My poor eyes ;((( I bet my near-sightedness has worsened.

发表于 2005-6-5 23:28 |显示全部楼层
June 5, Sunday evening, upcoming Monday Blues

I feel that I have been behind the times ever since I came to Australia. When I chatted with my ex co-workers and friends on MSN, they would always fill me in with many new things that I didn't know, which made me quite lost.

When I was in China, I loved to know everything new, if possible, to try them myself. Take MSN as an instance, I always used the most updated version with the most advanced functions when shooting a breeze with my co-workers and friends,and they would always ask how I made it. But since nobody-knows-when I began to receive continuous pop-up messages hinting that my MSN version needed upgrading when I tried to log in. I don't know how they made their fonts sparkling and dancing, how they made their display pics animated and how...... Am I growing too lazy to study new things because I don't work in IT industry any more? When do I begin to like asking "why" instead of seeking the answer myself?! Dunno, really dunno...... I feel I must kick it out again!!
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2005-6-5 23:41 |显示全部楼层
maribel  在 2005-6-5 11:28 PM 发表:

June 5, Sunday evening, upcoming Monday Blues

I feel that I have been behind the times ever since I came to Australia. When I chatted with my ex co-workers and friends on MSN, they would al ...When do I begin to like asking "why" instead of seeking the answer myself?! Dunno, really dunno...... I feel I must kick it out again!!  

if the "anwser" is just there, why don't you just take and  follow it, since you will surely find the same one if you try to seek it by yourself? sweet, do you really have much time to spend on such "testing'?---to test you are a capable person or not, I assume you know yourself very well...

发表于 2005-6-5 23:46 |显示全部楼层
Today I was chatting with a Danish friend in a chat room and he told me that he couldn't stand his brazilian girlfriend. I asked him if that was because she was way too passionate and crazy, he said no. He said that what worried him was her temper. I asked if he was an introverted person, he said no. Then my friend from HK asked if I reckoned myself as an introverted person.

-- I think this is not a yes-or-no question as a person's personalities can be very complex and various. As for me, I appear very extroverted and talkative when being with buddies and people who I know pretty well, I often make fun of them and sound ironic when I think that someone's point of view is ridiculous. I won't worry that my words will offend them, neither do they.   But when I am being with people who I don't know well,particularly when being with my supervisor or with people much older than I, I may bradle my tongue more or less as I need to know if my jokes/humour (they/it may be lame at times jajaja) may hurt them or cause misunderstanding. So I am more introverted than extroverted under this circumstances.

Anyhow, there were many times when I put my feet in my mouth and I feel it fairly funny in retrospect. jajaja Siiiiiiiii, I was born such a girl with witty mind. ^&^

发表于 2005-6-7 15:17 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 溪霓冬雪 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 溪霓冬雪 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
男女朋友不同背景,不同国度,在很多问题上的差异就更大了,要双方都要妥协才可以!

发表于 2005-6-7 16:28 |显示全部楼层
June 7 (just got around to writing something here)

Jumped onto the tram and took a window seat as usual to enjoy the 40-minute journey to work.

The short elderly woman with tons of wrinkles on her face got on at certain stop, yes I know her as I like to do people-watching when taking public transport. I had impression about her as she just sat beside me last time. I saw her turn around and have her ticket validated straight away when she saw Yarra-tram inspectors getting on the tram.

So I took a glimpse of her today when she sat down beside me again,subconsciously. She took out an unvalidated ticket and held in hand, just "in case". I suddenly felt very sick, I didn't know how many times she had held this ticket in hand till she got off without being checked. I was even on the whim to ask -Have you validated your ticket?-  Luckily I didn't raise it to embarrass her as this isn't my wish. Maybe she is living below the poverty line and lives mainly on Government pension. Maybe she also feels guilty about it. I can convince myself to believe that she wouldn't offend the rules provided that her financial situation were not that bad, however I cannot predict what if she was caught on the spot some day by the inspectors.

Anyway

My nonsense nag. LOL

[ Last edited by maribel on 2005-6-7 at 04:28 PM ]

发表于 2005-6-7 16:29 |显示全部楼层
Phew~~~~ upgraded to 7K level ~~
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2005-6-10 13:13 |显示全部楼层
June 10, TGIF again ~~~ another week has passed, woohoooo

Have begun to read "The 2nd helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul" lately. This may sound cliche as I believe many people read it many years ago, anyhow...

I love it as each story is short, no more than 3 pages, and good to read when I am waiting for the tram. However I remember not to rush it through so that I can digest every piece better. It's food for thought when you read it slowly and think it over afterwards. It nourishes my heart, mind and soul in a special way same as when I was reading Reader's Digest at Uni. These inspirational stories touche the string of my heart deeply and made my emotion on a roller coaster these days. I'll keep the reading trying to adventure the deeper feeling of life and love, to seek something true which has never come across my mind before.

发表于 2005-6-10 13:33 |显示全部楼层
Tram stopped and a fragile old gentleman got on with difficulties. A red rose wrapped with delicate gift paper in his hand caught my attention.

-Where is he going? Is he going to someone's birthday party? -- not likely, I told myself, people usually bring cakes and gifts to someone's party.

-Is he going to meet his old flame as he brings a rose with him? Why aren't they able to be together? Aren't they mean to? -- I observed his facial expression at distance and my mind was drifting away.

Some minutes later he stood up with a walking stick supporting his bodyand I looked out of the window and saw the building where a front signal read "Elsternwick Private Hospital". Aha, he's going to visit someone. I prayed in heart that the patient he is visiting will get well soon.

Tram went on and I was thinking to give my granny a call today asking about her health. Live love every day, thanks to the gentleman. He recalled my concern about the health situation of my family members which I almost put behind because of the busy work.

[ Last edited by maribel on 2005-6-10 at 01:33 PM ]

发表于 2005-6-10 23:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 HNREN 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 HNREN 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
每次读了你的文章后偶都感觉自己英文长进了不少

有了大学时上英语泛读课的感觉,偶得给自己定个课程表,不时地来上上课

发表于 2005-6-11 01:26 |显示全部楼层
于楼上同感,我硬是没敢回帖

发表于 2005-6-11 12:28 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 leilliy 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 leilliy 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Let's hope he was just  visiting his relative(maybe granddaughter) who had just given birth in the hosipital....:)
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2005-6-14 21:42 |显示全部楼层
June 14, back to work (June 13, Queen's Birthday)

After three tiring public holidays,we finally went back to work. I woke up feeling my voice hoarse and legs sore, but I couldn't sleep late as I had a big task today, that is to have the switchboard in our premises fixed. It was really scary when smoke came out of it last Saturday night and we had to go to bed with all windows being wide opened.

Our real estate is very efficient and they sent off an electrician straight away to our immergency. The electrician had a thorough check at the outdated switchboard and suggested that we have it changed. He then began to work on it when given permission from our real estate. I could do nothing but read my Harry Potter--the fifth edition appears longer and less appealing than the previous volumes-- and was interrupted now and then by the electrician's questions.

After three-hour hard work, a modern-looking switchboard was fixed in the wall, with each switch working properly.

I appreciate the urgent help our real estate provided. We were never concerned about problems of this kind when being in China,as my father could always come up with an idea to do with it -- he's Jack of all trades. Now we are very afraid of encountering major problems in our premises since neither of us know how to fix them. Luckily we still have the real estate look after us and help us in time in the circumstances and moreover, our landlord covers all these repair fees.

发表于 2005-6-15 12:33 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tao-tao 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tao-tao 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Maribel, I can not imagine that your english is quite good. but I am really tied reading your story. hehe

发表于 2005-6-15 14:19 |显示全部楼层
tao-tao  在 2005-6-15 12:33 发表:

Maribel, I can not imagine that your english is quite good. but I am really tied reading your story. hehe

Didn't ZZ tell you how much I love it?

It's okay when you are tired of reading something written in English. I write most of them for myself entertainment.

发表于 2005-6-16 14:14 |显示全部楼层

I am Sam

[center]I am sam[/center]

This is a movie narrating a retarded father (Sam) who brought up his daughter (Lucy) with all his efforts and finally won the right of raising her against Childraise service who sued him of not being able to raise Lucy well since he is a retard. There are several episodes in the movie that impressed
me deeply --

1. Sam worked in a coffee and snack shop,he always put everything in good arrangement every day and when he served customers, his favourite sentence was -This is a wonderful choice - . He belived that customers were always right no matter what they asked for.

-Sam understands the customer policy his way though he always requests a French pancake (his all time favourite order) when they are not available in the snack shop which they are at.-

2.Sam's favourite thing was to tell Lucy bedtime story named "Green Eggs and Ham". When Lucy passed him another storybook one day, he encountered some unfamiliar words such as "different" and couldn't go on. Lucy noticed his embarrassment and asked Sam to go back with"Green Eggs and Ham" again, which she had been listening to for several years. What a considerate girl. She knew that her father was a retard but she never felt shame of that.

-What an adorable and understanding daughter. It hurt her when all her schoolmates laughed at Sam for his stupidity, however this never affected her deep love for him as he is the person who brought her up, he is the person who loved her tender. She also knows how to make his father confident when Sam got stuck with those "difficult" words when reading her stories.

3. Sam was exhilarated when his retarded friends found on newspaper that a famous lawyer won lots of cases of this type. He immediately went to that lawyer Rita for help. Rita possesses prestige in law field and at first, she didn't really want to help Sam at all because she thought that Sam couldn't afford to hire her. Sam told Rita -I earn 7 dollars an hour. I can pay you for an hour. - Rita finally agreed to do pro bono for Sam unprecedentedly, which became a laughing stock among her collegues as nobody could see that there was any chance to win considering the defendant is a retarded person.

-Sam is simple-minded. He believes that he can afford anything to gain back the right of raising his daughter. Rita finally was touched by his love for his daughter and agreed to help him free of charge. Bravo, Rita -

4.The Childraise Service thought that Sam didn't have the ability to raise Lucy as his intelligent was only equivalent that of a seven-year-old. They had the concern what if Lucy turned 8 years old. So they appealed Sam to the court. Rita wanted Sam to win the case, thus she sacrificed her spare time to practise rehearsal trial with Sam, teaching Sam how he should behave on court to get the edge. The day when Sam took the stand, he organised his words quite well in the first stage, but when being questioned with many compound questions, his mind began to spin thus he couldn't express himself well. One thing Rita claimed loudly on court was quite impressive -He's retarded but there is no bearing on his ability to love.-

-Yes, though Sam is retarded and cannot give Lucy what other fathers can, he can be a loyal listener, he has patience, he is always there when Lucy needs him.-

5. Unfortunately Sam ended up losing the case and Lucy was sent to live with her foster family. The foster mother was nice to Lucy but she didn't know well about Lucy's habits , for example, Lucy couldn't sleep well
without having IHOP corns in her midnight snack. Lucy missed Sam terribly and often escaped her foster family to go to Sam's temporarily rent apartment which was nearby, she had already been used to fallingl asleep in her father's arms. Sam had to send Lucy back to her foster family the next morning. The father and daughter then commuted between two places every day.

-Sam felt hopeless when the court verdicted that Lucy must go live with her foster family. He didn't dare greet Lucy when he went to see her one day with a bunch of yellow flowers in hand as he wasn't willing to disturb Lucy's new life because he knew that it wouldl be good for Lucy's growth. He gave it up and tried to swallow the suffering silently. What a father!!-

6. Let's talk about Rita, the famous and successful female lawyer. Sam said to her that she was perfect, a perfect person, that she has home with her kid and husband. However, Rita suddenly confided to Sam that she was a poor woman, that her husband always slept with other women and her kid was estrangled from her as she was a workaholic, she seldom was in accompany with the kid.

-Wealth and prestige cannot make a person perfect , they may feel lonely when their beloved ones don't love them and are not close to them. Sam is poor and intelligence challenged, but he is the richest father in the world, he has a daughter who understands him very well, he has love for everybody around.-

I finished watching this movie in tear-blurred eyes.This movie does tell us the ideal relationship between a father and a daughter. I felt relieved when Lucy could finally be back to Sam. Love overcame disability.

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部