精华好帖回顾

· 初夏海滩 (人像数枚) (2010-12-11) yeu008 · Tokyo Escape (2011-3-13) athleticfrog
· 灌汤小笼包 -- 详细图解做法 (2007-9-24) datou2z · 百年环意! (2009-5-4) joaquin
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 2012|回复: 12

Peronal tax return story [复制链接]

发表于 2010-7-14 18:43 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 shuangchao 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 shuangchao 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Just interviewed this one client, indian guy, late 20s. first of all, i have to say that i have nothing against indian people.
the appointment was scheduled at 5pm today, he came in 20 mins late, which is fine, i was happy to wait. as he is the last client of the day before i go home.
the indian guy sat down, made it clear to me that he wants as much refund back as possible. individual returns are always tricky to do compare to business returns. with business clients, the larger they are, they more i can differentiate myself from the rest. with individual returns, anyone out of school, who has read the tax pack back to front. probably can do it as well as me. the key here is patience and asking as many question as i possibily can to maximize deductions.
after 40 mins worth of questions and answers, we came down to a final refund, $2600, not bad for someone with no rental properties. the indian boy's face froze when he heard the refund. as if he has just been told the most ridiculous thing ever. He was quite straight forward, "this is not enough" he told me. every year, i come across one or two clients who tells me that after 40+ mins of interviewing, my work is simply not good enough. This is fine with me, its not enough to keep me awake at night.  Good thing majority of the clients are still satisfied with my work.
I quickly scanned through all the deductions, told him this is the maximum he can get back without receipts/spending for the year. "but my accountant did everything i told him last year, and he got me $3000+ in refund". the indian guy yelled. i smiled, and slowly explained to him that he is responsible for his own return, and accountant who does everything he asks without explaining the consequences is simply irresponsibly. feeling very tired at the same time, it is already 6pm, its been a long day of interviewing clients. good thing the chinese lady who just left was very nice and understanding.
"i will go speak to my friend, please donot lodge the return." the indian guy said after a few mins of awkard silence. i sighed, feeling abit disappointment that i didn't get through to him and my work wasn't appreciated.
I passed all the documents back to him and handed him a invoice for $40 for my time (it is an hour now including waiting time). "i want to save my $40, why are you charging me!" the indian guy yelled again. he seemed shocked by the invoice, couldn't understand why i have billed him after spending one hour with him. "your chinese brothers referred you to me, saying you are very good, you get more money back for me" he added.
"they referred you, because they appreciated what i've done" i replied. grabbing the invoice by and tossing it in the bin. "please go, hope your friend can help you better than i can" i said, while waving him to leave my office. "i am sorry, you are not happy, are you?" the indian asked. he looked abit worried now as if i would report him to the tax office. "you can go now" i said, didn't want to waste more time. as i still have a telephone interview at 7:00.
anyway, for those who read this, i hope you would appreciate your accountant by the time he spends explaining things to you. not by the amount of money he can get back for you. because any accountant can the amount you want back for you, but to us, they are just numbers.....we are not ultimately responsible for producing the evidence. so next time you come across a monkey who does everything you tell them, think twice, you are better off doing it yourself because he/she simply does not care enough to ask you any questions.

评分

参与人数 4积分 +18 收起 理由
jialiren + 6 安慰!
patricb + 5 安慰一下
vikkimarlene + 2 安慰一下

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

退役斑竹 参与宝库编辑功臣

发表于 2010-7-14 19:25 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 xingbu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 xingbu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
现在一般会计报税也就收几十元,包括了interview 的费用吧。
不过如果对新客户有15-20分钟的free of charge稍微解释下客人应该很happy的。
我总认为,找会计,就要相信他;不相信总是doubt他的工作,还不如自己来好了。
我很小, 可我很有味道.......

发表于 2010-7-14 19:51 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 hornsay 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 hornsay 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Don't deal with Indian anymore.

In this world, only Indians you can't do business with them.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
eagleowl + 2 印度人和中国人不能做生意的, 因为太相像了 ...

查看全部评分

退役斑竹 参与宝库编辑功臣

发表于 2010-7-14 19:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 xingbu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 xingbu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
please do not be racial here

发表于 2010-7-14 19:57 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 vking 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 vking 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
他们就这样,印度人都不喜欢印度人的

发表于 2010-7-14 19:58 |显示全部楼层

回复 4# 的帖子

此文章由 hornsay 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 hornsay 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
It's not racial at all.

You can make friends with them, but do not do business with them. You will be crazy cause every indian wants bargain with you, just like some aussi don't want do business with chinese, but I think indians like bargain more then chineses do.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
jialiren + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

持不同股见者...
Advertisement
Advertisement

2011年度奖章获得者

发表于 2010-7-15 13:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 H妈妈 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 H妈妈 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 hornsay 于 2010-7-14 19:58 发表
It's not racial at all.

You can make friends with them, but do not do business with them. You will be crazy cause every indian wants bargain with you, just like some aussi don't want do busine ...

Can't agree more

发表于 2010-7-15 15:07 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 LENNY_DONG 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 LENNY_DONG 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
这样事太多了。我都习惯了

发表于 2010-7-17 15:22 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ccs 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ccs 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
David, 不用太生气,我很满意你为我做的tax return, 态度很好,解释得很清楚,谢谢你

发表于 2010-7-17 15:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 eagleowl 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 eagleowl 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我认识很多印度人,  他们比中国人还中国人。 1澳元等于6块人民币,但等于40块左右印度币.  所以他们对一块钱都很认真的。 中国人已经活的很stress了。 但印度人更stress.

发表于 2010-7-22 16:24 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 rebeccamy222 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 rebeccamy222 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Can I ask how much dedcution LZ claimed for the Indian client?
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2010-7-22 18:36 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 williamlvs 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 williamlvs 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Indians can never catch up Chinese

发表于 2010-7-22 22:11 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 williamlvs 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 williamlvs 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
They are too selfish,mean, and can not help to hide.
More than that, they suck but like ridicule other people.
They are good at tricking as well.
Agree what Hornsay said do not do business with them, and I would say never make friends with them. Support LZ.

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部