新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 孩子的品格教育(交流贴),更新214楼,转帖看《射雕》,悟教育 (2013-4-1) Della · 我在南澳洲打LABOUR工的日子 (2007-9-25) iceeyes2000
· 用美食来记录我在悉尼的日子(来尝尝看我的水煮鱼) (2008-10-4) rongerchen · 祝所有的在澳洲相濡以沫,共同奋斗的couple情人节快乐 (2006-2-14) 无产阶级
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 1216|回复: 3

Educate intelligent children [复制链接]

发表于 2010-2-18 20:51 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 zhexen 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 zhexen 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Somepeople think that children of different abilities should be educatedtogether. Other people think that it’s better to teach the intelligentchildren separately and with special treatment. What do you think?  Useyour own ideas of knowledge and experience and support your argumentswith examples and relevant evidence.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2010-2-18 20:53 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 landing 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 landing 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
An IELTS Writing Test?

发表于 2010-2-19 22:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 zhexen 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 zhexen 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Yes and No.

Yes.  It sources from an IELTS writing test topic.

No.  I will not follow the instructions.  I just use it as a topic.  I will writing some things I want to express.

发表于 2010-2-19 22:03 |显示全部楼层
Some people think that all the children should be treated equally and educated together.  Some people think that intelligent children have rights to receive special educations.  To some extent, I agree that different children should be taught differently.

The normal lessons are too easy for those intelligent children.  So they feel bored and lose interests and concentrations on the things teachers are teaching.  They may play pranks or plunge themselves into some other things instead of classes.  Of course, teachers don’t like those naughty children.  The punishment from teachers will lower children’s interests in the classes further.  Then a vicious cycle around those little genii is formed.  What a pity that potential little genii waste their intelligences due to that!

I agree that intelligent children should be taught specially.  But I don’t agree that they should be collected together, be separated from other normal children, learn all the courses of primary school and high school in several years, and then jump to a college or university.  In my opinion, this kind of education is to mould children instead of educate children.  I prefer that each primary school and high school should open a condensed class for each course.  The total content of a condensed class should be the same as the normal one.  But the thickness of the knowledge be taught in this condensed class can be multiple times as the normal one.  Therefore the frequency of this condensed class will be less.  For example, the math condense class is twice a week at the mean time the normal math class is five time a week.  Children can learn the some things from the condensed math classes as from the normal math classes if they can catch it up.  The condensed class have lots of advantages.  Those intelligent children will be more concentrated on the condensed classes because the classes provide more challenges to them.  They will have more time to study other things or just to play.  They also can grow up with all age peers at the same pace instead of being thrown into an adult world before their bodies and mentalities are ready.  The design of condensed class also has great flexibility.  If a child has gifts in several courses, he/she can take condensed classes on all of those courses.  The condensed courses can be tailored to suit every child.

In fact, the idea of condensed courses is to treat each individual child differently, not only for those intelligent ones.  I think this can help children get more comfortable and suitable education.

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部