新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 关于HECS-HELP-写给想用目前不能用,和正在用的筒子 (2006-2-22) suosuo · 写给即将踏上澳洲土地的朋友们 (3) (2004-12-20) spirit1
· ¡Viva España! (2009-4-6) joaquin · 周末蓝山的作业 (2009-5-11) dickson
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 923|回复: 18

Hiking tour in the US? [复制链接]

头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-14 14:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jlhan 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jlhan 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Hiking in the US is almost bushwalking in Australia.  

I love hiking.  Believe me, the best place for an amateur to start is Yosemite National Park in California.  

If I invovle a trip to the US, it has to be two week (16-17days) type.  

As far as I can see for the US West, there can be a hiking trip to Yosemite and a Las Vegas/Grand Canyon trip.  

Let me know if you are interested.

[ 本帖最后由 jlhan 于 2009-4-15 11:53 编辑 ]
Advertisement
Advertisement
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-14 20:41 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jlhan 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jlhan 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I am a member of the following Yahoo group.  I encourage you to be a member also.  

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BayAreaHiking/

I have seen most beautiful photo all over the world on this site.
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-14 21:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bushwalking 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bushwalking 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 jlhan 于 2009-4-14 14:13 发表
Hiking in the US is almost bushwalking in Australia.  

I love hiking.  Believe me, the best place for an amateur to start is Yosemite National Park in California.  

If I invovle a trip to the US ...

Have you been Milford Sound Track, south island of New Zealand, the one od most beautiful track in the world.
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-14 22:40 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 bushwalking 于 2009-4-14 21:42 发表

Have you been Milford Sound Track, south island of New Zealand, the one od most beautiful track in the world.

Thanks very much for this suggestion.  You provided an excellent lead for my future travel to the South Island.  

However, I doubt the claim.  That is another story.  I have been to Yosemite 3-5 times.  I would not mind to go there for another trip.  Prior to that I have been to 黄山 once.  It was my hiking experience(爬山) in China and was excellent.  But I would not go there another time.  九寨沟 may be.  天山 may be。

[ 本帖最后由 jlhan 于 2009-4-15 00:35 编辑 ]

发表于 2009-4-14 23:26 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 seetheworld 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 seetheworld 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
wow, u hv been to Yosemite for 3-5 times?! I went there in Aug 04. It was magnifiient, but the tour only stayed there for 2 hrs

I went to Pigeon House Mountain early Jan this year. Many ppl say its a great place for hiking, but after climbing up to the summit, I felt a bit disappointed as its not as magnificient as i thought - could not be compared to Yosemite.

Have you been to Alice Spring, Kings Canyon & Ayers Rock? I'm thinking to go there in May
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 08:05 |显示全部楼层
Where is "Pigeon House Mountain"?   

Alice Spring, Kings Canyon & Ayers Rock?  

Do not want to compare apples with oranges.  Can you be more specific?
Advertisement
Advertisement
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 08:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bushwalking 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bushwalking 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 jlhan 于 2009-4-14 22:40 发表

Thanks very much for this suggestion.  You provided an excellent lead for my future travel to the South Island.  

However, I doubt the claim.  That is another story.  I have been to Yosemite 3-5  ...

Any interest to Tianshan of Xinjiang this year, Tibet by car (from Yunnan or Suchuan) next year, and possibly to Meili Snow Mountain of Yunan sometime?

I may think of US trip (drive and hiking). Are you in Syndey?
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 08:49 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 seetheworld 于 2009-4-14 23:26 发表
wow, u hv been to Yosemite for 3-5 times?! I went there in Aug 04. It was magnifiient, but the tour only stayed there for 2 hrs

I went to Pigeon House Mountain early Jan this year. Many ppl say  ...

I will go to Alice Spring, Kings Canyon & Ayers Rock this late June, by car.
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 09:15 |显示全部楼层

Assignment 1

http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=144244
I mean Milford Sound.  Maybe even one week trip.

[ 本帖最后由 jlhan 于 2009-4-15 11:04 编辑 ]
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 09:16 |显示全部楼层

回复 7# 的帖子

Brisbane.  Any bushwarking suggestion around Blue Mountains?
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 11:10 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2009-4-15 09:16 发表
Brisbane.  Any bushwarking suggestion around Blue Mountains?

I have been bushwalking aroud Sydney over 5 years. There are over hundreds of tracks in Blue Moutain region, and especially "Six Foot Track", 45km footpath stretching across the Blue Mountains from The Explorer's Marked Tree, near Katoomba to Jenolan Caves. This is 3 days/2 nights walk, but could easily finish in 2 days/1 night. I will guide you if you come Sydney.

You can see our activities around Sydney on http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/v ... p;page=3#pid2330670
Advertisement
Advertisement
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 11:13 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2009-4-15 09:15 发表
http://www.oursteps.com.au/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=144244
I mean Milford Sound.  Maybe even one week trip.

Milford Sound Track other than Milford Sound. This is 4 days/3 nights hiking, sleeping in huts every night, need pre-booked half year in advance. I went there in 2006.
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 11:45 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 bushwalking 于 2009-4-15 08:47 发表

Any interest to Tianshan of Xinjiang this year, Tibet by car (from Yunnan or Suchuan) next year, and possibly to Meili Snow Mountain of Yunan sometime?

I may think of US trip (drive and hiking) ...

China is much further down my list.  Europe and Africa are higher.  Not sure about South America though.  

I will come back to US later.

[ 本帖最后由 jlhan 于 2009-4-15 19:33 编辑 ]
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 11:59 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2009-4-15 11:45 发表

China is much further down my list.  Eruope and Africa are higher.  Not sure about South America though.  

I will come back to US later.

I came from Europe, have some plan to Africa or South America.
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 12:40 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 bushwalking 于 2009-4-15 11:59 发表

I came from Europe, have some plan to Africa or South America.

That is great.  

A potential trip to Grand Canyon has only one day hiking planned.  I will not attend hiking to both Yosemite and Grand Canyon.  

BTW, Kings Canyon is a baby Grand Canyon.  Is this correct?  Do you need a 4WD to get there?
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-15 13:28 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jlhan 于 2009-4-15 12:40 发表

That is great.  

A potential trip to Grand Canyon has only one day hiking planned.  I will not attend hiking to both Yosemite and Grand Canyon.  

BTW, Kings Canyon is a baby Grand Canyon.  Is  ...

Yes, it is very essentail to drive 4WD to get there
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-4-15 13:43 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 seetheworld 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 seetheworld 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 jlhan 于 2009-4-15 08:05 发表
Where is "Pigeon House Mountain"?   

Alice Spring, Kings Canyon & Ayers Rock?  

Do not want to compare apples with oranges.  Can you be more specific?

I hv been to Grand Canyon and also joined the helicoper tour. It was brilliant! Plan to go to Nepal/Tibet next yr, and very keen to go to Eygpt & South America in the future. Not hv too many holidays for this year, so might just go to Ayers Rock (& maybe Perth).

Pigeon House Mountain is near Ulladulla, South Coast. I did camping in Ulladulla caravan park during the new year holidays.

发表于 2009-4-15 13:45 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 bushwalking 于 2009-4-15 08:49 发表

I will go to Alice Spring, Kings Canyon & Ayers Rock this late June, by car.

Good! We might meet up for bushwalking this Sun first and talk about the trip to Ayers Rock.

Btw, i'm living in Burwood.
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2009-4-16 03:25 |显示全部楼层

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部