新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 六天玩转凯恩斯!(图) (2010-5-25) hope54 · 你给宝宝/自己用的防晒霜有多差(防晒霜背后的那些事儿)+ 防晒常识更新在1楼 (2010-10-21) viviancn
· 邻家女孩 (2009-1-10) 云中鹰 · 给想报考大学医科的同学或家长扫一下盲 (2016-8-26) edwardt
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:tina50

学英语的一点小体会 [复制链接]

发表于 2017-5-29 15:17 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tina50 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tina50 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 tina50 于 2017-5-29 15:18 编辑
bigcrow 发表于 2017-5-29 11:43
赤橙黄绿青蓝紫,谁持彩练当空舞。
it is tina,holding the colourful ribbon dancing in the sky.  ...

Dancing in the sky is 嫦娥;
Dancing in the stage is dancer;
if someone can't stop dancing, may he or she is mental patient.

在空中翩翩起舞的是嫦娥;
在舞台上跳舞的是舞者;
如果什么人,一跳舞就停不下来,可能是精神病患者。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-5-29 15:56 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tina50 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tina50 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
sophiazxy 发表于 2017-5-29 11:33
No problem .
New research suggests that speaking more than one language may delay different kinds of ...

I visited Malaysia for one week many years ago, the local tourist guider told me that generally speak the children there can speak two languages --- Chinese and Malaysia Language.

But his children can speak four languages, one is Chinese,the other is Malaysia language, and two Chinese dialects.

So when I saw this artical, I was wondering, does seldom people suffer from dementia in Malaysia?

许多年前,我去过马来西亚一个星期,当地导游告诉我,当地的小孩子,普遍会讲两种语言,汉语和马来西亚语。
而他的孩子们,会讲四种语言,一个是汉语,另一个是马来西亚语,还有两种中国方言。
所以看了这篇文章后,我就想知道,在马来西亚,是不是很少有人的痴呆症呢?

发表于 2017-5-29 19:14 |显示全部楼层
心月2012 发表于 2017-5-29 09:33
Hello,Nice to meet you.

I am chinese,like  my friend Tina.

Not only eggs can't bring in Australia, yolk mooncakes are also forbidden.

发表于 2017-5-29 19:25 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 心月2012 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 心月2012 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
sophiazxy 发表于 2017-5-29 08:42
That 's  true. Mrs  Tina .Please read  this article .Will tell you .
是真的,TINA 姐姐,这篇文章 ...

Thank you for your sharing.
But it is too difficult to read it for me.

I think to know what method  you  learn English .
Your work in China were used English?

Would you share it to us ?
Expect your reply.

发表于 2017-5-29 19:42 |显示全部楼层
sophiazxy 发表于 2017-5-29 11:48
Bilingualism May Delay the First signs of Dementias
Mental Stimulation Might Cut Dementia Risk
Three ...

Only delay? Is that meaning no way to escape?
只能延缓?那就是说无法避免了?

发表于 2017-5-29 19:57 |显示全部楼层
bigcrow 发表于 2017-5-29 11:54
as linegar said it,Speaking More than One Language Could Delay Dementia
说二种以上语言可能延缓痴呆 ...

One-sentence summary
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-5-29 19:58 |显示全部楼层
bigcrow 发表于 2017-5-29 11:54
as linegar said it,Speaking More than One Language Could Delay Dementia
说二种以上语言可能延缓痴呆 ...

One-sentence summary

发表于 2017-5-29 20:05 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 adlaty 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 adlaty 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Happy are those who find wisdom,
   and those who get understanding,
for her income is better than silver,
   and her revenue better than gold.
箴言3:13-14
得智慧、得聪明的,这人便为有福。
因为得智慧胜过得银子,其利益强如精金。

评分

参与人数 2积分 +3 收起 理由
心月2012 + 1 感谢分享
tina50 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-29 20:07 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 melissawen 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 melissawen 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
先要肯学

发表于 2017-5-30 01:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bigcrow 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bigcrow 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 bigcrow 于 2017-5-30 01:59 编辑

端午节了,摘录其中的一个端午节由来的故事
Story related to the Dragon Boat Festival
Qu Yuan(340-278 BC)was a patriotic poet and a loyal official of the state of Chu during the Warring States Period.
Qu Yuan was born in a ruling family and severd in high offices. He was the number one advisor of the Kingdom of Chu,and dedicated his whole life to assistiong the king to build the State of Chu stronger.
He advised the King to ally with the State of Qi to fight against the most powerful State of Qin. However,he was slandred by jealous officials and accused of treason,and the King dismissed and exiled him.
During his exile,Qu Yuan wrote a great deal of enduring poems showing his love and passion for his country,some of which are still very famous in China.
In 278 BC,the Qin State conquered the capital of Chu.On hearing of the defeat,Qu Yuan in great despair committed suicide by drowning himself in the Miluo River on the 5th day of the 5th lunar month.
When they heard of Qu Yuan's death,the local people were very sad,and rowed out on the river to search for his body,but were unable to find him.To preserve his body,the locals paddled their boats up and down the river,hitting the water with their paddles and beating drums to scare evil spirits away.They threw lumps of rice into the river to feed the fish,so that they would not eat Qu Yuan's body.
Since then,people in the Miluo River area have followed similar practices to commemorate Qu Yuan on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month.Gradually,rowing boats developed into dragon boat racing,the umps of rice became sticky rice dumplings(zongzi) traditionally eaten during festival.

发表于 2017-5-30 09:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 心月2012 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 心月2012 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
bigcrow 发表于 2017-5-29 23:13
端午节了,摘录其中的一个端午节由来的故事
Story related to the Dragon Boat Festival
Qu Yuan(340-278 B ...

preserve his body,the locals paddled their boats up and down the river,hitting the water with their paddles and beating drums to scare evil spirits away.They threw lumps of rice into the river to feed the fish,so that they would not eat Qu Yuan's body.
——This is Duanwu Festival history.

Thank you,Sir.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-5-30 09:42 |显示全部楼层
Lesson  Twenty-one Which book ?
Question : Which book dose the man want?

Text:
Give me a book,please Jane
Which book?
This one?
No, not that one,the red one.
This one?
Yes,please.
Here you are.
Thank you.

Lesson Twenty-three Which glasses?
Question:Which glasses does the man want?

Text:
Give me some glasses,please Jane.
Which glasses?
These glasses?
No,not thoes.
The one's on the shelf.
These?
Yes,please.
Here you are.
Thanks.

发表于 2017-5-30 11:09 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sophiazxy 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sophiazxy 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
心月2012 发表于 2017-5-29 17:25

I think to know what method  you  learn English .
Your work in China were used English?

Would you share it to us ?
Expect your reply.

Good morning !Mrs Tina .
You said that is   too difficult to read it for you ,because you are a engineer.This article are belongs to medical  and health  report .
I learn English  from CCTV  at early  nineteen  eighty  last century .They called "China center  television  and broadcast  university "
I work in china as a nurse ,never use English ,I am only interested in listening  and speaking ,seldom write  in English .
I like listen  VOA which in slow speed  ,watch  CCTV channel  9 and 4 .
I could  not  hardly   read   article  except medical .
I must write something everyday .even one sentence .

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
tina50 + 5 good.

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-30 11:11 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sophiazxy 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sophiazxy 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Walking: The 'Wonder Drug'
If you want to get healthy or stay healthy, there is one easy activity to add to your day – walking.

"Walking is the closest thing we have to a wonder drug," says Thomas Friedman. Friedman is the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States.

And he is not alone in considering walking a great exercise.

Health experts at the Mayo Clinic, the American Heart Association, the Arthritis Foundation, Harvard Medical School and many other health research groups agree.

You may think that simply taking a walk is not enough to make a big difference. You might think that you need do something strenuous like running to stay healthy.

Well, a new study says that is not true. It finds that walking may be as good for us as running.

Running is a high-impact activity and can be hard on the body. So, many people cannot run. Walking, it seems, has all of the advantages and none of the disadvantages of running.

The American Heart Association explains the findings on its website. Walking quickly, or briskly, can lower your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.

Researchers at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California did the study. Over a six-year period, they studied about 33,000 runners in the National Runners' Health Study and just over 15,000 walkers in the National Walkers' Health Study.

The researchers found that the same energy used for brisk walking and vigorous running "resulted in similar reductions in risk for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and possibly coronary heart disease over the study's six years."

The study also found that the more people walked or ran each week, the more their health benefits increased.

Walking in New York City
Walking in New York City
Walking is easy, fun and accessible

Dr. Russell Pate is a professor of exercise science at the Arnold School of Public Health at the University of South Carolina. He is also a volunteer at the American Heart Association. He commented on the study on the association's website.

Pate says the health benefits of walking are not "all or nothing." If your goal is to walk for 30 minutes a day, you can split that into three 10 minute walks.

Walking, he adds, has the lowest dropout rate of any exercise. People who start walking regularly usually stick with it.

Pate says what many other health experts say: Walking is one of the easiest and safest exercises a person can do. With walking, he says, there is no learning curve. That means you do not need to learn a lot to get results.

Walking requires no special skills or equipment. You can do it anywhere. It fits easily into your daily schedule. You can walk at work. You can park father away from a store entrance. You can take the stairs instead of the elevator.

Walking is a great exercise for beginners. If you are out of shape or getting back into shape after an illness or accident, walking is perfect. You can do a little at a time, or as we like to say, take "baby steps."

So, walking lowers your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. But many other studies have found that walking benefits the body and mind in other ways.

For example, regular brisk walking can help you:

Keep a healthy weight.
Improve your mood. Walking releases natural pain­killing chemicals in the body. A study at California State University, Long Beach showed that the more steps people took during the day, the better their moods were.
Sharpens your mind. Researchers at the University of California, San Francisco, studied 6,000 women ages 65 and older. They found that age-related memory loss was lower for those who walked more.
Keep your joints healthy. The Arthritis Foundation (U.S.) explains on its website that most of the material that makes up our joints has no direct blood supply. Our joints get "nutrition from joint fluid that circulates as we move." When you walk, your joints get this "life-giving fluid," which means your joints stay stronger.
Improve your creativity. A 2014 study by Stanford University found that walking, indoors or outdoors, improved the ability to think creatively and solve problems.
Best of all, you can easily change where, when and how you walk. You can walk with your friends, co-workers, family or your dog. Or you can walk alone.

The faster, farther and more often you walk, the greater the benefits.

评分

参与人数 2积分 +3 收起 理由
心月2012 + 2 感谢分享
bigcrow + 1 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-30 12:06 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bigcrow 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bigcrow 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 bigcrow 于 2017-5-30 15:44 编辑

1)Walking is one of the easiest and safest exercises a person can do
it is the easiest but i am not sure if it is the safest.
2)You can take the stairs instead of the elevator.
it is said it is no good for aged people to climb the stairs or the mountains.
3)Keep your joints healthy.
the better way to keep yoints healthy is biking and swimming rather the walking.

i like Nike's ad slogan------JUST DO IT     

评分

参与人数 2积分 +6 收起 理由
sophiazxy + 1 我很赞同
tina50 + 5 你太有才了

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-31 08:43 |显示全部楼层
bigcrow 发表于 2017-5-30 12:06
1)Walking is one of the easiest and safest exercises a person can do
it is the easiest but i am not  ...

The doctor told me, “go upstairs by elevator,and avoid climbing the stairs as much as possible”.

医生曾告诉我,“坐电梯上楼,尽可能避免爬楼梯”

评分

参与人数 2积分 +4 收起 理由
心月2012 + 2 好像有这个说法
sophiazxy + 2 我很赞同

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-5-31 09:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 大连银在墨尔本 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 大连银在墨尔本 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
tina50 发表于 2017-5-31 08:43
The doctor told me, “go upstairs by elevator,and avoid climbing the stairs as much as possible” ...

蕊蕾?
工农兵学商,全玩过

发表于 2017-5-31 11:08 |显示全部楼层
Dementia Cases May Triple by 2050 as World Ages
Dementia is the loss of mental abilities caused by brain disorders that affect memory, thinking, behavior and judgment. The most common cause of dementia, especially in older people, is Alzheimer's disease. It causes up to seventy percent of dementia cases.

Worldwide an estimated thirty-six million people are living with dementia. A new report predicts that number will increase to more than one hundred fifteen million by twenty-fifty.

The report is from the World Health Organization and Alzheimer's Disease International. Marc Wortman is the executive director of this group of seventy-eight Alzheimer's associations.

MARC WORTMANN: "There is a new case now in every four seconds, a new case of dementia in the world. Only ten years ago, it was calculated at one in seven seconds, so it is speeding up. And if you look into the future projections, it may be close to one in every second by the year twenty-fifty. So we need to act. We need to do something to stop this epidemic."

The number of cases in the heavily populated developing world is expected to grow as more people live longer. The report says more than half of those with dementia now live in low- and middle-income countries. This number is likely to rise to more than seventy percent by twenty-fifty.

People are living longer because of better health care and increasing wealth. But the report says dementia is not a normal part of growing old.

Shekhar Saxena is the director of mental health and substance abuse research at the WHO.

SHEKHAR SAXENA: "Dementia is often not recognized. It is commonly mistaken for an age-related decline in functioning because it can mimic age-related problems, and also it progresses slowly. Even in high-income countries, only one-fifth to one-half of the cases of dementia are routinely recognized. This percentage is obviously much lower in middle and low-income countries."

Martin Prince is a professor at Kings College London. He says many people wrongly believe that dementia and Alzheimer's disease are not problems in poorer countries.

MARTIN PRINCE: "There have been some more studies done recently in western Africa, which, I think give the lie to the notion that Alzheimer's disease is very rare amongst all the people in Africa. There are fewer older people because life expectancy is shorter, particularly with the ravages of HIV. But, amongst people who live into old age, the prevalence of dementia looks quite similar to high-income countries."

The world currently spends more than six hundred billion dollars a year to treat and care for people with
dementia. Yet the WHO says only eight countries currently have national programs in place to deal with dementia.

It urges greater efforts to identify dementia early, educate the public and provide better care. Dementia may be incurable, but health officials say much can be done to improve the lives of people who have it, and support their families and caregivers.

发表于 2017-5-31 12:15 |显示全部楼层
Dementia Cases May Triple by 2050 as World Ages
Dementia is the loss of mental abilities caused by brain disorders that affect memory, thinking, behavior and judgment. The most common cause of dementia, especially in older people, is Alzheimer's disease. It causes up to seventy percent of dementia cases.
到2050年全球痴呆者可能是现在的三倍
痴呆是大脑失去功能,脑的功能紊乱,影响到记忆、思考、行为和判断。最常见的原因,特别是老龄,在痴呆病人中70%是老龄痴呆。

评分

参与人数 2积分 +4 收起 理由
心月2012 + 2 感谢分享
tina50 + 2 我很赞同

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-31 12:21 |显示全部楼层
Worldwide an estimated thirty-six million people are living with dementia. A new report predicts that number will increase to more than one hundred fifteen million by twenty-fifty.
估计世界范围内有3.6亿是痴呆生存者,一个新的报道预计到2050年这个数字增加到11.5亿。

发表于 2017-5-31 12:29 |显示全部楼层
he report is from the World Health Organization and Alzheimer's Disease International. Marc Wortman is the executive director of this group of seventy-eight Alzheimer's associations.
这个报道来自世界卫生组织和78个国际老龄协会执行理事 Marc Wortman。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-5-31 12:45 |显示全部楼层
MARC WORTMANN: "There is a new case now in every four seconds, a new case of dementia in the world. Only ten years ago, it was calculated at one in seven seconds, so it is speeding up. And if you look into the future projections, it may be close to one in every second by the year twenty-fifty. So we need to act. We need to do something to stop this epidemic."
MARC WORTMANN:“世界范围内每四秒钟就有一个发病者,仅在10年前7秒钟一个发病者,所以在加速上升,如果将来调研,到2050可能会接近每秒1个发病者,所以我们必须行动,我们需要做些事情来阻止痴呆的爆发”

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
tina50 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-31 12:51 |显示全部楼层
I  hope  somebody can continue translate  the following  paragraph .我希望谁能接着翻译。我太慢了。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
bigcrow + 3 take your time

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-31 13:22 |显示全部楼层
谢谢!
I  will try .

发表于 2017-5-31 13:44 |显示全部楼层
sophiazxy 发表于 2017-5-31 13:22
谢谢!
I  will try .

你译,是你的收获。无人能替代的。坚持。
在这种病没研究出个结果,俺趋向:
more people live longer
those with dementia now live in low- and middle-income countries.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
tina50 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-31 15:36 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 大连银在墨尔本 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 大连银在墨尔本 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
学英语要记单词,记单词要靠死记硬背,还要有窍门的记。

以前在朋友圈里看见的一个帖子,好像是国内一个小屁孩记单词的心得,既有意思还容易记住。

羡慕 admire ~ 额的妈呀
地主 landlord ~ 懒得劳动
经济 economy ~ 依靠农民
雄心 ambition ~ 俺必胜
强壮 strong ~ 死壮
脾气 temper ~ 太泼
怀孕 pregnant ~ 扑来个男的
海关 custom ~ 卡死他们
救护车 ambulance ~ 俺不能死
律师 lawyer ~ 捞呀

评分

参与人数 4积分 +9 收起 理由
心月2012 + 1 你太有才了
tina50 + 5 你太有才了
bigcrow + 2 额的妈呀

查看全部评分

工农兵学商,全玩过
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-5-31 17:24 |显示全部楼层
The number of cases in the heavily populated developing world is expected to grow as more people live longer. The report says more than half of those with dementia now live in low- and middle-income countries. This number is likely to rise to more than seventy percent by twenty-fifty.
由于寿命的延长,在人口密集的发展中世界中,预期痴呆病人数量。
报告说,超过半数的痴呆者生活在中、低收入国家。这个数字到了2050年几乎增长超过70%。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
tina50 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-31 17:34 |显示全部楼层
People are living longer because of better health care and increasing wealth. But the report says dementia is not a normal part of growing old.

Shekhar Saxena is the director of mental health and substance abuse research at the WHO.
寿命的延长是由于好的健康管理和财富的增长,但是报告说痴呆不是变老的一部分。
Shekhar Saxena 是世界卫生组织精神卫生和药物滥用研究的执行官。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
tina50 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-31 17:35 |显示全部楼层
sophiazxy 发表于 2017-5-31 12:21
Worldwide an estimated thirty-six million people are living with dementia. A new report predicts tha ...

thirty-six million 三千六百万
one hundred fifteen million 一亿(零)一千五百万
估计世界范围内有350万痴呆患者

dementia  [内科] 痴呆
Alzheimer 阿尔茨海默病(Alzheimer disease,AD),又叫老年性痴呆。是dementia中的一种?

如果翻译时把这两个词分别开来,或许会更容易理解。

评分

参与人数 2积分 +6 收起 理由
tina50 + 5 感谢分享
sophiazxy + 1 我很赞同

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-5-31 17:47 |显示全部楼层
SHEKHAR SAXENA: "Dementia is often not recognized. It is commonly mistaken for an age-related decline in functioning because it can mimic age-related problems, and also it progresses slowly. Even in high-income countries, only one-fifth to one-half of the cases of dementia are routinely recognized. This percentage is obviously much lower in middle and low-income countries."
SHEKHAR SAXENA;"痴呆常常不被意识到,通常误认为是年龄相关的功能退化,模仿与年龄相关的问题,而且进展缓慢。甚至在高收入国家,仅仅1/5到1.5/5通常公认的痴呆者,这个比例显然大大低于中、低收入国家。

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部