新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 想想我们孩子的时候,是那么野蛮粗糙,竟然也活了过来 (2010-6-22) 分辨率 · 我最喜欢的乐队之一 - QUEEN (2008-10-3) zmzhu
· 参观了几所华人热门私校(小学部) (2016-9-22) 小小白虎 · 新007 就要上演啦 - 《安慰的量子》 (2008-10-18) 老陶
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:洋八路

英文小说佳句欣赏 [复制链接]

发表于 2011-4-27 22:49 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Spidermonkey 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Spidermonkey 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
学习中
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-4-27 22:56 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Grange 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Grange 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” - Leo Buscaglia A.K.A “Dr Love”

评分

参与人数 2积分 +6 收起 理由
floraz + 3 I agree
洋八路 + 3 will the three points turn your life aro

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-4-28 09:48 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 洋八路 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 洋八路 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
29. He was the first thing she thought about when she opened her eyes in the morning, his face was the last image she saw when she closed her eyes at night and in her dreams it was his name on her lips.   -- Katie Agenew [Wives v. Girlfriends]

--- first and last and then on the her lips... a lucky man on earth!
英文写作老师

发表于 2011-4-29 09:39 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 洋八路 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 洋八路 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
30. Outside, the sky was fading into dawn, but the moon was still caught in the trees, shedding pale light into the room.   by Kim DEwards  [Memory Keeper's Daughter]

-- any comments on how 'the sky was fading into dawn'?

评分

参与人数 2积分 +4 收起 理由
daffodil + 1 东方露出了鱼白肚,嘻嘻
floraz + 3 夜色减退

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

发表于 2011-4-30 12:20 |显示全部楼层
31. She sat silently, and the silence became a lake, an ocean, where they all might drown.  by Kim DEwards  [Memory Keeper's Daughter]

--  the silence, almost as silent as this post.......but I am the only one being drowned here, and the onlookers, if any, all stepped back with eyes half-shut, with lips icily sealed, with their minds chewing a question mark -- what now this bloke 洋八路 is playing up to?  --  呵呵, i beg your pardon, and excuse me..and sir!.  what r u fussy about? do u want to be fair or square? oh, poor thing, please shit away..please.. at least not on our needy-tidy steps....

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
floraz + 5 You are not alone

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

发表于 2011-5-1 07:31 |显示全部楼层

回复 洋八路 184# 帖子

此文章由 Grange 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Grange 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
天发白,快天亮了。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
洋八路 + 2 fading, can also be from dark to bright.

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-5-1 11:51 |显示全部楼层
32.  Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face. You really need to be certain it's what you want before you commit.    -- Elizaeth Gilbert [Eat Pray Love]

-- a woman's face will be tatooed when having a baby, then what would do that to a man at the same level if the argument holds? -- could that be a chain on his gut or an utterance of his manhood? .... what do you think?

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
floraz + 3 哈哈,有趣的comment

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

发表于 2011-5-2 10:05 |显示全部楼层
33. 'If you really want to get to know someone, you have to divorce him.' Of course, my experience was the opposite. I would say that if you really want to STOP knowing someone, you have to divorce him. Or her.  -- Elizaeth Gilbert [Eat Pray Love]

-- a civil marriage was for milk, bread and flesh, may not be desiged to pry the soul beside your pillow....

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
floraz + 3 作者和老师都挺精辟

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

发表于 2011-5-3 10:12 |显示全部楼层
34. The sun came proudly up in all his majesty, the noble river ran its winding course, the leaves quivered and rustled in the air, the birds poured their cheerful songs from every tree, the short-lived butterfly fluttered its little wings; all the light and life of day came on, and amidst it all, and pressing down the grass whose every blade bore twenty tiny lives, lay the dead man, with his stark and rigid face turned upwards to the sky.     by Charlies Dickens [Nicholas Nickleby]

-- life and death, great and tiny, long and short, humans and worms, air and earth, day and night, hope and bleak, all clutch to the very moment.....

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
floraz + 2 说的Nicholas?

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-5-3 13:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 floraz 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 floraz 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
非常感谢大家一直分享
我刚holiday回来,好多好词句要catch up呀

评分

参与人数 2积分 +4 收起 理由
Grange + 2 welcome back
洋八路 + 2 回来就好,否则太寂寞。。

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-5-3 14:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 korfi 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 korfi 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
刚看到有何老师写书的情节,那个前妻和儿子抱头哭的情景,真让人难过。。。。。期待拜读大作

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
洋八路 + 2 学着写啊,大作算不上的。

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-5-4 10:24 |显示全部楼层
35.  She clung to him unconscious in passion, and he never quite slipped from her. And she felt the soft bud of him within her stirring and in strange rhythms flushing up into her, with a strange, rhythmic growing motion, swelling and swelling till it filled all her cleaving consciousness. And then began again the unspeakable motion that was not really motion, but pure deepening whirlpools of sensation, swirling deeper and deeper through all her tissue and consciousness, till she was one perfect concentric fluid of feeling. And she lay there crying in unconscious, inarticulate cries, the voice out of the uttermost night, the life-exclamation. And the man heard it beneath him with a kind of awe, as his life sprang out into her. And as it subsided he subsided too, and lay utterly still, unknowing, while her grip on him slowly relaxed, and she lay inert.
And they lay, and knew nothing, not even of each other, both lost.”
By D. H. Lawrence  from <Lady Chatterley’s Lover>

-- long piece of things -- may not aesthetically accord with our 'Eastern Culture' , anyway, read it from corners of your eyes....and take fun..
英文写作老师

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-5-4 12:49 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 floraz 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 floraz 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 洋八路 于 2011-4-28 09:48 发表
29. He was the first thing she thought about when she opened her eyes in the morning, his face was the last image she saw when she closed her eyes at night and in her dreams it was his name on her lip ...

让我想起刚看到的一句话
“你不是世界上最幸福的人,因为拥有你我就是最幸福的”
我若不坚强,谁替我坚强

发表于 2011-5-4 13:04 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 洋八路 于 2011-5-3 10:12 发表
34. The sun came proudly up in all his majesty, the noble river ran its winding course, the leaves quivered and rustled in the air, the birds poured their cheerful songs from every tree, the short-liv ...

floraz 积分 +2 说的Nicholas? 2011-5-4 12:54

不是,是一个一直跟着nicholas的孤儿,最后发现这个孤儿其实是Nicholas冷酷叔叔的亲生儿子,后来他的叔叔自杀了(当然还有其他的原因)。
英文写作老师

发表于 2011-5-5 10:11 |显示全部楼层
36. He dropped the flower on the floor and shattered into pieces like a fine china. --[??] [????]

-- beautiful imagination..

发表于 2011-5-5 11:37 |显示全部楼层

回复 洋八路 195# 帖子

恩,不错,感觉给花增加了质感。不过很难想象花怎么能“SHATTER”,呵呵。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-5-5 12:41 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 Grange 于 2011-5-5 11:37 发表
恩,不错,感觉给花增加了质感。不过很难想象花怎么能“SHATTER”,呵呵。

一朵玫瑰掉在地上,片片花瓣随即散落,不是shatter么? 还有,china 这个词在英文里通常表现的是‘美和脆弱’- 是必须握在手心呵护的东西,同我们中文感觉差距很大。。
英文写作老师

发表于 2011-5-5 13:13 |显示全部楼层

回复 洋八路 197# 帖子

也是,中文也会说花碎了一地。形容脆弱,中文可能更常说的是“像玻璃一样”。

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-5-5 13:16 |显示全部楼层
能理解Grange意思
轻轻的掉落在地上,应该不至于shatter
是有一定力度的drop吧

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-5-5 13:17 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 洋八路 于 2011-5-5 10:11 发表
36. He dropped the flower on the floor and shattered into pieces like a fine china. --[??] [????]

-- beautiful imagination..

我总觉得shattered前面应该加个it
我若不坚强,谁替我坚强

2007 年度奖章获得者 参与宝库编辑功臣 飞天奖章

发表于 2011-5-5 13:19 |显示全部楼层

回复 floraz 199# 帖子

此文章由 astina 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 astina 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
未必是写实的描述,更多是文人心中的感受,使用了夸张的手法,来代表写者对美的事物被破坏的惋惜和震惊
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-5-5 13:24 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 Grange 于 2011-5-5 13:13 发表
也是,中文也会说花碎了一地。形容脆弱,中文可能更常说的是“像玻璃一样”。

玻璃让人感觉带刺,还是陶瓷温暖一点。
英文写作老师

发表于 2011-5-5 13:25 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 astina 于 2011-5-5 13:19 发表
未必是写实的描述,更多是文人心中的感受,使用了夸张的手法,来代表写者对美的事物被破坏的惋惜和震惊

还是你这个说法准确无误。。
英文写作老师

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-5-5 13:27 |显示全部楼层
需要有浪漫的想象力去体会
我功力不够呢~

2007 年度奖章获得者 参与宝库编辑功臣 飞天奖章

发表于 2011-5-5 13:30 |显示全部楼层

回复 floraz 204# 帖子

此文章由 astina 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 astina 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
没有上下文,我也是瞎猜的

发表于 2011-5-5 14:36 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 floraz 于 2011-5-5 13:16 发表
能理解Grange意思
轻轻的掉落在地上,应该不至于shatter
是有一定力度的drop吧

作者想写的是效果,是那快速散开的瞬间视觉使他产生陶瓷破裂的联想,这里作者还没有想到‘力度’以及‘如何掉下’,这个不是他的视觉范围,所以不是他要描写的重点。。

至于, 那个 '省略'的 it, 可能又回到语法的问题,很多作者可以为了‘效果’而孽待‘语法’。。 这里如果加了 it 好象感觉又没那么好了, 好象会延长 shattered 同 flower的想象距离。。-- 哈,不知道能否自圆其说。。
英文写作老师
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-5-6 10:45 |显示全部楼层
37. He hastened down to raise her, but she repulsed him as he bent over her, and looking at him fixedly and coldly, said ' I will die here, where I have walked. And I will walk here, though I am in my grave. I will walk here, until the pride of this house is humbled. And when calamity, or when disgrace is coming to it, let the Dedlocks listen for my step! '    --  Charles Dickens  [Bleak House]

-- ‘我死了也要你们不得安宁。。。’Since she died, on the pavement where she had said the last words to her husband (Mr.Dedlocks), people living inside the house often heard 'ghost walking steps' in the dark night of raining...

评分

参与人数 2积分 +10 收起 理由
JuJu + 6 感谢分享
floraz + 4 感谢分享

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

发表于 2011-5-7 12:05 |显示全部楼层
38. '...Miss summerson! In the mildest language, I adore you. Would you be so kind as to allow me (as I may say) to file a declaration -- to make an offer!"  Mr Guppy went down on his knees. I was well behind my table and not much frightened. I said, ' Get up from that the ridiculous position immediately, Sir, or you will oblige me to break my implied promise and ring the bell!'  .........I rang the bell, the servant came, and Mr Guppy, laying his written card upon the table, and making a dejected bow, departed. Raising my eyes as he went out, I once more saw him looking at me after he had passed the door. ............I sat there for another hour or more, finishing my books and payments, and getting through plenty of business. Then, I arranged my desk, and put everything away, and was so composed and cheerful that I thought I had quite dismissed this unexpected incident. But, when I went up-stairs to my own room, I surprised myself by beginning to laugh about it, and then surprised myself still more by beginning to cry about it. In short, I was in a flutter for a little while; and felt as if an old chord had been more coarsely touched than it ever had been since the days of the dear old doll, long buried in the garden.  -- Charlies Dickens  [Bleak House]

--  看她(Miss summerson)被求婚后的心情。。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +4 收起 理由
floraz + 4 Esther起伏的心理

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

发表于 2011-5-8 13:11 |显示全部楼层
39. A bell was rung as we drew up, and amidst the sound of its deep voice in the still air, and the distant barking of some dogs, and a gush of light from the opened door, and the smoking and steaming of the heated horses, and the quickened beating of our own hearts, we alighted in no inconsiderable confusion. -- Charlies Dickens  [Bleak House]

--  沉闷的钟声,在静空中滞留;远处传来的狗吠,忽起忽落;开启的门里,一扇亮光涌出;(运动)受热的马,散发着雾和蒸气;我们的心跳,紧张而快速  -- - 我们的心情,迷惘失措。。
英文写作老师

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-5-8 22:18 |显示全部楼层
Ho最近在读什么书?

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部