新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 关西散策 - 更新完毕,美食在第三页 (2014-11-25) joaquin · 愤怒、自由、理想与爱 —— 怀念家驹 (2007-5-21) 木头
· 紧急求助30/01/15更新,QQ再次住院了(QQ正在努力重生中,感谢大家一路陪我们走过悲伤。 (2014-2-1) ziying0837 · 几个半老头老太心心念念的南美之行(全文完) (2019-10-7) glflj
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:小岩石头

关于英语习语的学习与交流 [复制链接]

发表于 2016-8-25 23:38 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 小岩石头 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 小岩石头 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
在网上找到了一篇文章分享给大家.是关于“steal”这个词的.但我是第一次知道这个用法,我想老美可能爱用这样的表达。在这边使用的频率还只能下星期问过老师再告诉大家.

Feifei
Neil, what a nice mobile phone you have with you! Wow! Very flashy! Gold colour!
尼尔,你的手机好漂亮呀!哇!太炫了!金色的耶!

Neil
It's brilliant! The battery lasts a long time. It's got loads of memory, has plenty of room for apps, pictures, videos… The camera is great too!
这部手机确实很赞!电池续航时间也很长,内存还很大呢——有大量空间来装应用软件、图片、视频文件…相机也很赞!
Feifei
It must have cost you a fortune!
那你一定花了不少钱吧!

Neil
Not at all, it was a steal!

并没有,这是偷来的!
Feifei
A steal? 偷来的手机?Neil!!!! Oh, you shouldn't have done that! You are such a nice guy, why would you do something like that? You could have taken out a loan to buy it or something… but…
尼尔!!!!噢,你不应该这么做!你人这么好,为什么会做这样的事情呢?你本可以贷款买的,可…
Neil
What do you mean? (Sound of a police car siren)
你什么意思啊?
Feifei
They are here, they've come for you!
警察来了!来抓你了!
Neil
No, that was just a sound effect! I'm just having a joke with you. I'm not going to be arrested. In English, when you say something is 'a steal' you mean it's a bargain – so cheap that it is almost as if you haven't paid anything for it.
不不不,这只是音响效果。我跟你开玩笑呢——我是不会被抓起来的!在英语里,当你说某些东西是“偷来的”,其实你的意思是这东西价格便宜——便宜到跟你没付钱似的。
Feifei
你可真会聊天!原来在英语里,当人们觉得一件东西买得又值又特别便宜的时候就可以说它是个 steal,就好像是白送的 。这是个很口语化的表达,在使用时要注意语境和场合。

Neil
Sorry Feifei, it was just a joke. Let's hear examples of how this expression is used.
对不起菲菲,这只是一个玩笑。让我们来听几个例句,看看这个表达方法是怎么用的吧。
Examples
I got this designer shirt in the sales at £100 cheaper than the original price. It's a steal.
我在促销的时候买到了这件时髦的衬衫,比原价便宜了100镑呢。这是便宜货!
This is the latest model, sir. You won't find this new computer cheaper in any other shop in the high street. It's a steal!
这是最新型号,先生。你在大街上肯定找不到这款新电脑卖得更便宜的店了。这是便宜货!
Neil
See?
明白了吗?
Feifei
Yes. ’It’s a steal’ means it’s a bargain.
嗯。“这是偷来的”意思就是说这是便宜货。
Neil
So as I was saying my phone was so cheap… My phone!!! Where is it?! I had it just here! Where has it gone?
所以就像我说的,我的手机可便宜了。我的手机!!!我的手机呢?我刚就把它放这儿的呀,怎么找不到了?!
Feifei
Yeah, where is it? It was right here…
是啊——在哪儿呢?…刚刚就在这儿的…
Neil
Yeah! Now I really do need to call the police! (Sound of a police car siren)
嗯!现在我真的要报警了。
Feifei
No, you don't. Your phone is here! I hid it when you got distracted.
你不需要报警啦。你的手机在这儿呢!趁你不注意我把它偷偷藏起来了。

I

评分

参与人数 1积分 +8 收起 理由
tina50 + 8 感谢分享

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-8-26 05:58 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tina50 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tina50 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
小岩石头 发表于 2016-8-25 22:42
版主!谢谢您的指教!向大家道个歉,我的翻译工作做得太不严谨啦!确实应该翻译成:一个顾客都没有,而我 ...

唉呀,言过了,千万别说什么道歉,你的分享给大家带来了学习的动力,我本人也收获颇丰,谢谢了!
如果你留心一下,就会发现,我也经常有错误的,朋友们指出来,我就改,改了再犯,犯了再改,千锤百炼。

发表于 2016-8-26 10:31 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tina50 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tina50 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 tina50 于 2016-8-26 10:33 编辑

刚发现澳洲的网站有用a steal来表述好便宜的。网站上说:  It's a steal!   

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 steal

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-8-26 23:18 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 小岩石头 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 小岩石头 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
tina50 发表于 2016-8-26 05:58
唉呀,言过了,千万别说什么道歉,你的分享给大家带来了学习的动力,我本人也收获颇丰,谢谢了!
如果你 ...

人非圣贤,孰能无过!过而能改,善莫大焉。

All men are apt to make mistake except saints.It will be very good if one can correct mistakes after committing them.

愿共勉之!

Let us encourage each other in our endeavours.

评分

参与人数 2积分 +7 收起 理由
tina50 + 5 感谢分享
bigcrow + 2 俺很赞同

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-8-26 23:23 |显示全部楼层
tina50 发表于 2016-8-26 10:31
刚发现澳洲的网站有用a steal来表述好便宜的。网站上说:  It's a steal!   

看来是英语中通用的习语,下次看有没有机会试着在口语中“卖弄”出去。但愿不会引起别人的误会。

发表于 2016-8-27 00:35 |显示全部楼层
Tea or Supper 茶还是晚饭

Professor: Have you adjusted to the life here,Mr Li?

教授:      你适应这里的生活了吗?

Visiting Guest:Frankly speaking not yet.Everything was new to me when I first came here.I made a lot of mistakes at first.

访问学者:坦率地说,还没有呢。初到这里,一切都是那么陌生。一开始我还闹了不少笑话呢。

Professor:Oh?It's interesting to here.Can you tell me one or two?

教授:哦!这倒挺有趣的,说来听听。

Guest:Once a friend of mine invited me to tea at 7:00 pm at his home.Since I thought it was tea,I had my dinner before going

to his home.When I GOT THERE,I realized the host had asked me to dinner.and I said,just a cup of tea was OK.

学者:一次,我的一位朋友邀我晚上七点到他家去喝茶。我想既然喝茶,去之前我先吃了晚饭。当我来到他家时,我发现主人

请我吃饭。我说喝杯茶就行了。

Professor:Ha, ha, ha.It must have been a very embarrassing situation.

教授:哈,哈,哈。当时一定很尴尬。

Guest:Yes .Later I learnt that 'tea' in the evening here means dinner.

学者:可不是。后来我才弄明白这里傍晚的“茶”是指晚饭。

Professorifferent cultures will sometimes confuse aliens.I had some interesting experiences when I visited your country in

1975.Once, when we visited a people's commune near Guangzhou,I was invited to a peasant's home.The hostess,a very

hospitable woman,kept pouring me tea.I thought since she poured me tea I had to finish the cup.Then trouble arose.The

hostess thought that I must have been very thirsty.So she kept pouring and I kept drinking until my stomach couldn't bear

any more.At last I said,' May I use your toilet?'

教授:不同的文化有时确会令外邦人迷惑。1975年我去你们国家参观访问的时候,我也有过一些有趣的经历。一次,我们到广

州附近的一个公社去参观,应邀到一农民家里作客。女主人非常殷勤好客,不断给我倒茶。我当时想,茶既然倒了,就必须喝

掉它。女主人认为我一定很渴,于是一个劲地给我敬茶。我也不敢怠慢一个劲地喝,直到肚子无法容纳,最后我说:“厕所在哪

里?”
Guest:That's really funny.The Chinese are well-known for their hospitality.If you are invited to their homes to have dinner.the

host will keep putting food onto your plate no matter whether you like it or not.I appreciate the Western-style table

manners.You help yourself to the dishes.No one forces you to eat things you don't care for.

这够滑稽了。中国人素有好客之美誉。如果你应邀到他们家去吃饭的话,主人会不断往你碗里夹菜,不管你喜不喜欢。我倒欣

赏西方餐桌礼仪,自己动手,没人强迫你吃不喜欢吃的东西。

Professor:So each nation has its own culture.The culture fosters its own customs and habits.Well.I'm thirsty now.So won't

you have tea with me?

教授;所以每个民族都有自己的文化。这种文化孕育了自己的风俗习惯,嗯,我有点渴了,和我一起喝茶吧?

Guest:Why not?I'm hungry too.

学者:那敢情好,我肚子也有点饿了。

Professor:Oh,no.this time it's just tea.

教授:噢,不。这次只喝茶。

评分

参与人数 2积分 +10 收起 理由
tina50 + 8 感谢分享
bigcrow + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-8-27 07:03 |显示全部楼层
Visiting Guest:Frankly speaking not yet.Everything was new to me when I first came here.I made a lot of mistakes at first.
访问学者:坦率地说,还没有呢。初到这里,一切都是那么陌生。一开始我还闹了不少笑话呢。

Professor:Oh?It's interesting to here.Can you tell me one or two?
教授:哦!这倒挺有趣的,说来听听。

和楼主核实一下,here 在这里出现,是否为笔误?
感觉改为 hear 更为合理。
It's interesting to hear.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 版主永远都是火眼金睛。

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-8-27 11:07 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bigcrow 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bigcrow 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 bigcrow 于 2016-8-27 11:10 编辑

Guest:Yes .Later I learnt that 'tea' in the evening here means dinner.
学者:可不是。后来我才弄明白这里傍晚的“茶”是指晚饭。

第一次留意到这个词的这种含义。主要是没有机会实际环境中得知这个词。
也顺手在网上寻找实例如下:
In Australia,
supper means a snack or very light meal eaten late in the evening.
It is not a full meal.
The evening meal can be called tea or dinner.
My mother always called the main meal dinner.

发表于 2016-8-27 21:54 |显示全部楼层
tina50 发表于 2016-8-27 07:03
和楼主核实一下,here 在这里出现,是否为笔误?
感觉改为 hear 更为合理。
It's interesting to hear.

版主!真是笔误!什么错误都逃不过您的“法眼”!确实是应把"here"改为“hear".

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
tina50 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-8-27 22:33 |显示全部楼层
Bull and bear market 牛市和熊市

Li
What's taking all your attention? You can't stop looking at your smartphone!

什么这么有吸引力呢?                你一直在看你的手机!

Neil
Yeah. It's the stock exchange. I'm waiting to see if my shares have gone up. I want to be rich!

是的。        我在看股票交易。我在盼着股票上涨呢。我想发财!
Li
Oh, yeah. But you have to remember that the stock market can be very volatile. It means the value of shares can go down

as well as up. How do you know if the market is good for investors?

这样啊,但是你要记住股票市场是很不稳定的哦。也就是说股票价值会时涨时跌。你怎么知道什么时候行情有利于投资者呢?

Neil
Well, experts say it's a bull market when the price of shares on the stock market is rising. And they say it's a bear market

when the price of shares on the stock market is falling.

嗯,专家说当股值上涨时,股市就是牛市。当估值下降时,股市就是熊市。
Li
So a bull market is on the up and a bear market is when the price of shares is going down. Interesting. I wonder why…

也就是说行情好时是牛市,行情不好时是熊市。很有意思。我想知道为什么...
Neil
Well, it's easy to understand. Think about the way these animals attack. The bull thrusts its horns up into the air...

这非常容易理解。想想这些动物是怎么攻击的。牛攻击时将他的犄角直冲天空。

Li
Oh, yes, that's frightening...

确实,这太恐怖了...
Neil
It is, yes. And the bear, on the other hand, swipes its paws down, so the shares go down. Do you get it?

的确如此,而熊在攻击时是挥动它的爪子着地,所以就代表着股价下跌,明白了吗?
Li
Yes, now I do. That makes it very clear. Let’s hear some examples of how these expressions are used.

明白了。这确实很清晰了。让我们来倾听几个这些短语是怎样运用的。

Examples
Stocks rose in early trading. It was a bull market which stunned even the most pessimistic analysts.

在早期交易中,股票是上涨的。那是个牛市,让很多悲观预测者感到很震惊。

The financial crisis might be over.

也许金融危机就此过去。

The index of the UK's biggest 100 companies, the FTSE 100, has fallen 15% in the last few months.

在过去几个月里,英国富时指数100 预测到英国最大的100强公司指数下降了百分之十五。

However, we can only call it a bear market when the index drops 20% or more.

然而,只有在指数下降百分之二十甚至更多时,我们才称其为熊市。

Neil
So you see, a bear market for when values are falling, and a bull market for when they're rising.

所以你看,当股价下降时就是熊市,股价上涨时就是牛市。
Li
Neil, you are not a big investor and you are not exactly an expert in high finances, are you?

尼尔,你不是一个投资者,在高端金融方面你也不是个专家,是吗?
Neil
Well... no, not really.

额,不是,确实不是。
Li
Stop dreaming. If you like animals so much, let's spend the afternoon at the zoo.

不要做梦啦。如果你那么喜欢动物,那我们下午一起去动物园好了。
Neil
Well, that is a good idea! But could we stop by my stock broker's office on the way?

哇,真是个好主意!但我们能顺道去下证券经纪人办公室吗?
Li
You are really hooked on this, aren't you? Let's go. Bye!

你真的上瘾了,是吧?我们一起去吧!拜拜
Neil
Bye!拜拜!

评分

参与人数 2积分 +10 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 感谢分享
tina50 + 8 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-8-28 09:22 |显示全部楼层
Neil said 'I want to be rich.'
I want to say ' who wouldn't want to be?'
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-8-28 16:04 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bigcrow 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bigcrow 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
tina50 发表于 2016-8-28 09:22
Neil said 'I want to be rich.'
I want to say ' who wouldn't want to be?'

But don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
tina50 + 2 就让我做一会儿白日梦吧

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-8-29 10:41 |显示全部楼层
bigcrow 发表于 2016-8-28 16:04

I eat them all to avoid this.

发表于 2016-8-29 23:27 |显示全部楼层
〈Rich Dad And Poor Dad><富爸爸和穷爸爸》

Lesson One: The Rich Don't Work For Money
第一课:富人不为钱工作

"Dad, Can You Tell Me How to Get Rich?" My dad put down the evening paper. "Why do you want to get rich, son?" "Because today Jimmy's mom drove up in their new Cadillac, and they were going to their beach house for the weekend. He took three of his friends, but Mike and I weren't invited. They told us we weren't invited because we were 'poor kids'."
“爸,你能告诉我怎样才能变得富有吗?”爸爸放下手中的晚报,问:“你为什么想变得富有呢,儿子?”“因为这个周末基米的妈妈会开一辆新的卡迪拉克带基米去海滨别墅度周末。基米还说要带三个朋友去,但我和迈克没有被邀请,他们说我们不被邀请是因为我们是穷孩子。”

"They did?" my dad asked incredulously.
“他们真这么说了吗?”爸爸不相信地问。

"Yeah, they did." I replied in a hurt tone.
“是啊,他们说了!”我带着一种受到伤害的声调答道。

My dad silently shook his head, pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and went back to reading the paper. I stood waiting for an answer.
爸爸沉默地摇了摇头,把他的眼镜往鼻梁上推了推,然后又去读报纸了。我站在那儿期待着答案……

The year was 1956. I was 9 years old. By some twist of fate, I attended the same public school where the rich people sent their kids. We were primarily a sugar plantation town. The managers of the plantation and the other affluent people of the town, such as doctors, business owners, and bankers, sent their children to this school, grades 1 to 6. After grade 6, their children were generally sent off to private schools. Because my family lived on one side of the street, I went to this school. Had I lived on the other side of the street, I would have gone to a different school, with kids from families more like mine.
那年是1956年,我9岁。由于命运的安排,我进了一所公立学校,许多富人把他们的孩子也送到那所学校。我们镇基本上是个糖料种植场,种植场的经理和其他富裕的人,比如医生、商人、银行家都把孩子送进了这所学校,一到六年级都有。六年级之后他们的孩子通常会被送进私立学校。因为我家就在这个街区,所以我也进了这所学校。如果我家住在街的另一边,或许我会去另外一所学校,和那些家庭背景与我差不多的孩子们在一起了。

After grade 6, these kids and I would go on to the public intermediate and high school. There was no private school for them or for me.
并且六年级之后,我会和那些孩子一道去上公立的中学和高中,因为没有为我们这类孩子设立的私立中学。

My dad finally put down the paper. I could tell he was thinking.
爸爸终于放下了报纸,我敢说他刚才一定是在思考我的话。

"Well, son," he began slowly. "If you want to be rich, you have to learn to make money."
“哦,儿子,”他慢慢地开口了,“如果你想变得富有,你就必须学会挣钱。”

"How do I make money?" I asked.
“那么怎么挣钱呢?”我问。

"Well, use your head, son," he said, smiling. Which really meant, "That's all I'm going to tell you," or "I don't know the answer, so don't embarrass me."
“用你的头脑,儿子。”他说着,并微笑了一下,这种微笑意味着“这就是我要告诉你的全部”,或者“我不知道答案,别为难我了”。

A Partnership Is Formed
建立合伙关系

The next morning, I told my best friend, Mike, what my dad had said. As best I could tell, Mike and I were the only poor kids in this school. Mike was like me in that he was in this school by a twist of fate. Someone had drawn a jog in the line for the school district, and we wound up in school with the rich kids. We weren't really poor, but we felt as if we were because all the other boys had new baseball gloves, new bicycles, new everything.
第二天一早,我就把爸爸的话告诉了我最好的朋友迈克。迈克和我可以说是学校里仅有的两个穷孩子。他和我一样由于命运的捉弄而进了这所学校。其实我们俩的家里并不是真的很穷,但我们感觉我们很穷,因为其他的男孩都有新棒球手套、新自行车,他们的东西都是新的。

Mom and dad provided us with the basics, like food, shelter, clothes. But that was about it. My dad used to say, "If you want something, work for it." We wanted things, but there was not much work available for 9-year-old boys.
妈妈和爸爸也为我们提供了基本生活品,像吃的、戴的、穿的,什么都不缺,但也仅此而已。我爸爸常说:“想要什么东西,自己挣钱买。”我们想要东西,但的确没有什么工作可以提供给像我们这样大的9岁男孩。

"So what do we do to make money?" Mike asked.
“我们该怎么挣钱呢?”迈克问。

"I don't know," I said. "But do you want to be my partner?"
“我不知道,”我说,“你想做我的合伙人吗?”

He agreed and so on that Saturday morning, Mike became my first business partner. We spent all morning coming up with ideas on how to make money. Occasionally we talked about all the "cool guys" at Jimmy's beach house having fun. It hurt a little, but that hurt was good, for it inspired us to keep thinking of a way to make money. Finally, that afternoon, a bolt of lightning came through our heads. It was an idea Mike had gotten from a science book he had read. Excitedly, we shook hands, and the partnership now had a business.
于是,就在那个星期六的早晨,迈克成了我的第一个业务伙伴。我们花了整整一个上午去想挣钱的法子,其间常常不由自主地谈起那些“冷酷的家伙”正在基米家的海滨别墅里玩乐。这实在有些伤人,但却是好事,它刺激我们继续努力去想挣钱的法子。最后,到了下午,一个念头在我们的头脑中闪过,这是迈克从以前读过的一本科普书里得到的主意。我们兴奋地握手,现在我们的合伙关系终于有了实质的业务内容。

For the next several weeks, Mike and I ran around our neighborhood, knocking on doors and asking our neighbors if they would save their toothpaste tubes for us. With puzzled looks, most adults consented with a smile. Some asked us what we were doing. To which we replied, "We can't tell you. It's a business secret."
在接下来的几星期里,迈克和我跑遍了邻近各家,敲开他们的门问他们是否愿意把用过的牙膏皮攒下来给我们。迷惑不解的大人们微笑着答应了,有的问我们要它做什么,对此我们回答道:“这是商业秘密”。

My mom grew distressed as the weeks wore on. We had selected a site next to her washing machine as the place we would stockpile our raw materials. In a brown cardboard box that one time held catsup bottles, our little pile of used toothpaste tubes began to grow.
几星期过去了,我妈变得心烦起来,因为我们选了一个靠近她洗衣机的地方放置我们的原料。在一个曾用来盛番茄酱的大罐子里,积攒在那儿的用过的牙膏皮正在慢慢变多。

Finally my mom put her foot down. The sight of her neighbors' messy, crumpled used toothpaste tubes had gotten to her. "What are you boys doing?" she asked. "And I don't want to hear again that it's a business secret. Do something with this mess or I'm going to throw it out."
看到邻居们脏乱、卷曲的废牙膏皮都到了她这儿,妈妈最后采取了行动。“你们两个到底想要干什么?”她问,“我不想再听到‘商业秘密’之类的话,赶快处理掉这些东西,否则我就会把它们全扔出去!”

Mike and I pleaded and begged, explaining that we would soon have enough and then we would begin production. We informed her that we were waiting on a couple of neighbors to finish using up their toothpaste so we could have their tubes. Mom granted us a one-week extension.
迈克和我苦苦哀求,说我们已经快攒够了,只等一对邻居夫妇用完他们的牙膏后,我们就可以马上开始生产了。经过一番口舌,最后妈妈给了我们一周的延期。待续

评分

参与人数 2积分 +12 收起 理由
tina50 + 8 感谢分享
bigcrow + 4 i like to eat at Papa Rich

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-8-29 23:40 |显示全部楼层
bigcrow 发表于 2016-8-28 16:04

I hope our dream will come true!

发表于 2016-8-29 23:46 |显示全部楼层
十几年前读过罗伯特。清崎写的这本书,但至今还未能发财,想与大家分享后得到更多的启发。

评分

参与人数 2积分 +4 收起 理由
tina50 + 2 好可爱啊
bigcrow + 2 谁又知小岩石头不是璞呢

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-8-30 20:08 |显示全部楼层
小岩石头 发表于 2016-8-29 23:27
〈Rich Dad And Poor Dad>

楼主好厉害,越翻译越顺溜,难度越大,佩服啊佩服!

发表于 2016-8-30 20:21 |显示全部楼层
小岩石头 发表于 2016-8-29 23:46
十几年前读过罗伯特。清崎写的这本书,但至今还未能发财,想与大家分享后得到更多的启发。 ...

想起来家里书架上,曾经有过这么一本书,当时非常畅销,不过我没看过。

发表于 2016-8-30 20:38 |显示全部楼层
tina50 发表于 2016-8-30 20:21
想起来家里书架上,曾经有过这么一本书,当时非常畅销,不过我没看过。  ...

There is the one who wouldn't want to be!

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
tina50 + 2 你太有才了

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-8-30 20:42 |显示全部楼层
The next morning, I told my best friend, Mike, what my dad had said. As best I could tell, Mike and I were the only poor kids in this school. Mike was like me in that he was in this school by a twist of fate. Someone had drawn a jog in the line for the school district, and we wound up in school with the rich kids. We weren't really poor, but we felt as if we were because all the other boys had new baseball gloves, new bicycles, new everything.
第二天一早,我就把爸爸的话告诉了我最好的朋友迈克。迈克和我可以说是学校里仅有的两个穷孩子。他和我一样由于命运的捉弄而进了这所学校。其实我们俩的家里并不是真的很穷,但我们感觉我们很穷,因为其他的男孩都有新棒球手套、新自行车,他们的东西都是新的。

这一段里面,是不是有一句话漏翻了?就是这句:
Someone had drawn a jog in the line for the school district, and we wound up in school with the rich kids.

发表于 2016-8-30 20:48 |显示全部楼层
探讨一下,下面这段里的shelter,翻译成“戴的”,是不是不妥啊,应该是“住的”更准确些。
shelter是躲避风雨的地方;(尤指)住所,家

“Mom and dad provided us with the basics, like food, shelter, clothes. But that was about it. My dad used to say, "If you want something, work for it." We wanted things, but there was not much work available for 9-year-old boys.
妈妈和爸爸也为我们提供了基本生活品,像吃的、戴的、穿的,什么都不缺,但也仅此而已。我爸爸常说:“想要什么东西,自己挣钱买。”我们想要东西,但的确没有什么工作可以提供给像我们这样大的9岁男孩。”
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-8-30 21:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 mikelee19 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 mikelee19 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
rich is a steal

发表于 2016-8-31 08:54 |显示全部楼层
mikelee19 发表于 2016-8-30 21:29
rich is a steal

中文什么意思?

发表于 2016-8-31 20:58 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 mikelee19 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 mikelee19 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
tina50 发表于 2016-8-31 08:54
中文什么意思?

搜刮民膏

发表于 2016-9-1 01:54 |显示全部楼层
mikelee19 发表于 2016-8-31 20:58
搜刮民膏

能给个出处吗?我查不到,谢谢!

发表于 2016-9-1 18:12 |显示全部楼层
tina50 发表于 2016-8-30 20:08
楼主好厉害,越翻译越顺溜,难度越大,佩服啊佩服!

版主!听着您的赞扬实感惭愧!这本书网上有中英文互译,我直接复制过来的!我正在机场准备回国度假,这几天忙着购物没时间上网.等我回悉尼再同大家一起学习英语,我会试着自己翻译.我回去八个星期,十月底才回.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
tina50 + 5 一路顺利!

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-9-1 18:26 |显示全部楼层
tina50 发表于 2016-9-1 01:54
能给个出处吗?我查不到,谢谢!

您进谷歌,直接把书名打进去,我在后面加了个中英互译

发表于 2016-9-1 18:45 |显示全部楼层
小岩石头 发表于 2016-9-1 18:12
版主!听着您的赞扬实感惭愧!这本书网上有中英文互译,我直接复制过来的!我正在机场准备回国度假,这几 ...

祝楼主回国吃好喝好玩好,等着您回来分享回国感受,期待您的英语学习分享!

发表于 2016-9-1 22:46 |显示全部楼层
tina50 发表于 2016-9-1 01:54
能给个出处吗?我查不到,谢谢!

my creation

发表于 2016-9-2 06:01 |显示全部楼层
mikelee19 发表于 2016-9-1 22:46
my creation

好吧,我说我怎么查不到呢。

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部