新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 参加活动【暖胃砂锅菜】之冬令进补时宜首选の***双冬羊腩煲*** (2013-6-16) chesecake · Prime Picks (4) -- The Lady Elizabeth ( by Alison Weir ) (2008-10-8) 孔武
· Lanshan:瑞典味道之三,能减肥的蛋糕- Rhubarb Cake (多详图) (2011-8-23) lanshan · 参加活动-小胖子眼里的大公司--全文完 (2011-2-28) 小安琪
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:本地人

Thoughts on Using the Internet for Language Learning [复制链接]

发表于 2011-7-12 16:26 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 哇哇哇 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 哇哇哇 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 本地人 于 2011-7-12 15:58 发表

除了第五个都知道。现在第五个也学会了。谢谢。

第五个的官方解释:母亲买了个非常BIG的西瓜
第1 4 5 8 11个字
Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-7-12 16:43 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jasonliu234 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jasonliu234 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Simply because OP wrote the post in good English, it doesn't mean you are local Aussie.

Like what you said in your post that some native Chinese speakers say your posts were written by a Chinese person,
you should take it as a compliment rather than questioning their reasoning abilities, as even the Chinese speaking people can't tell the difference for what you wrote IF Chinese is truly not your first language.

However, it's a good point to improve language skills through our hobbies.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
小维 + 3

查看全部评分

头像被屏蔽

禁止访问

发表于 2011-7-12 16:44 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ausaus 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ausaus 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
进来膜拜一下楼主

你的中文太强了。。。我要努力提高英文哪

[ 本帖最后由 ausaus 于 2011-7-12 16:49 编辑 ]

发表于 2011-7-12 17:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 121581822 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 121581822 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
楼主上网打字 是用汉语拼音还是五笔啊?
K

发表于 2011-7-12 17:19 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 K 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 K 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
doubters will always doubt... It's unneccessary to explain yourself, especially when you know who you are. Go out there and get your dream girl, who truly trusts Why-Oh-You ;)

退役斑竹 特殊贡献奖章 新闻达人 三奖

发表于 2011-7-12 17:21 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 花生 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 花生 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 Gelen 于 2011-7-12 13:35 发表
我对楼主是本地人一点儿都不怀疑。只是想出几个网络短语考考楼主,看看楼主是不是都掌握了。

以下短语如果不雅,楼主可以笑而不答。

wk,
lz,
ld,
nb,
rpwt,

mlgbd,

这么考没意思,LZ可以放狗
静以修身,俭以养德。
淡泊明志,宁静致远。

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-7-12 17:35 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jay550 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jay550 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
[quote]原帖由 jasonliu234 于 2011-7-12 16:43 发表
Simply because OP wrote the post in good English, it doesn't mean you are local Aussie.

Haters gonna hate

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
本地人 + 1 I lolled

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-7-12 17:44 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 一路向北 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 一路向北 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
太多英文了,看着眼晕。

楼主其实犯不上对此耿耿于怀,发贴都要做好被拍的准备,何况你抖了这么大一包袱。变成热贴是每个楼主的愿望-至少是俺是这么想D。。。
No more 废话

发表于 2011-7-12 18:00 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Anihc 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Anihc 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我是进来学英文滴~

发表于 2011-7-12 21:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 lycans 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 lycans 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
这文章读起来很有亲切感,呵呵。
看来楼主在中国呆得太久, 英文表达乃至思维方式都很中国了。

发表于 2011-7-12 21:12 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 dynamix 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 dynamix 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I am struggling to find an equivalent English expression for '楼主', I mean when a responding poster wishes to refer to the writer who initiates a thread like this.....

楼主can you help?
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-7-12 21:14 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Lucifer 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Lucifer 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
OP-Original Poster

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
dynamix + 1 谢谢奉献; 我刚看到

查看全部评分

此文章由 dynamix 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 dynamix 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 lycans 于 2011-7-12 21:03 发表
这文章读起来很有亲切感,呵呵。
看来楼主在中国呆得太久, 英文表达乃至思维方式都很中国了。

你觉得楼主这文有Chenglish的倾向,是么?
卖40目和60目6米宽幅的防虫网
想保护你的蔬菜花果免受虫鸟鼠的骚扰吗?短信我买40目和60目的防虫网吧,你从此就可以欣赏美丽的花儿,吃上自己种的有机蔬菜水果拉。

退役斑竹

此文章由 floraz 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 floraz 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
lz提到了
OP

原帖由 floraz 于 2011-7-12 21:14 发表
lz提到了
OP

which stands for?
卖40目和60目6米宽幅的防虫网

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-7-12 21:15 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 floraz 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 floraz 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
original poster
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-7-12 21:20 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 lycans 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 lycans 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 dynamix 于 2011-7-12 21:14 发表

你觉得楼主这文有Chenglish的倾向,是么?

感觉是chinglish, 语法没有大错。 读起来也通顺, 就是不地道。
而且特别有亲切感,就如听国人讲英语。 哈哈。
澳币要涨,要大涨!!

发表于 2011-7-12 21:29 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 lycans 于 2011-7-12 21:20 发表

感觉是chinglish, 语法没有大错。 读起来也通顺, 就是不地道。
而且特别有亲切感,就如听国人讲英语。 哈哈。

呵呵。。我想请斑竹FLOZAZ来评价一下
卖40目和60目6米宽幅的防虫网

发表于 2011-7-12 21:33 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 floraz 于 2011-7-12 21:15 发表
original poster

BUT it sounds clumsy to my ears. Is this widely accepted in the English forums or perhaps posters there rarely refer a person in such a manner even though he/she opens/hosts a post/thread...?
卖40目和60目6米宽幅的防虫网

发表于 2011-7-12 21:53 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 LOOKINGFORHOUSE 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 LOOKINGFORHOUSE 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
photo

Thoughts on Using the Internet for Language Learning
此文章由 本地人 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au和作者 本地人 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整!

So I thought I'd take the time to write a post sharing some of my experience with language learning - specifically, how to use the Internet to improve your language skills.  Hopefully those of you learning English (or any other language) will find it interesting and maybe even gain some benefit from it.

Before I begin, I'd first like to provide a bit of background as to why I'm writing this post, and why I'm writing it entirely in English.  English is of course my native language, however I'm not writing this in English because I can't speak Chinese.  In fact, I've been learning Chinese for the last ten years, and although I still have plenty to learn, I like to think that I've had at least some sort of moderate success.  For those who haven't seen it yet, you can judge for yourself what my Chinese is like by reading a post I made yesterday in the personals section of this site (see here).  Depending on your point of view, this may or may not provide some validation for the ideas I'm going to put forward in this post.  

It's quite amusing for me to read some of the responses in that other thread, especially those who say it was obviously written by a Chinese person (for those posters, what impression do you think this gives me about your skills in logic and reasoning?).  Even more amusing are those posts casting aspersions on my English ability.  I'll be the first to admit I'm not the greatest of English writers, but I do have my pride, and this post is therefore partly to dispel such suspicions.  Undoubtedly there will still be people who won't believe me, but what can you do?   Haters gonna hate.  

A number of people also expressed that they would like to know how I learnt Chinese and if I could provide some tips and advice on how to approach learning languages, and so I thought it might be worthwhile to share some of my thoughts on the matter here.

For those people, I'll begin by pointing out that if you are reading this, you have made your first, and quite possibly your biggest mistake.  Why you ask?  Simply because this is being posted on a forum targeted at native Chinese speakers.  If you want to improve your English, why are you spending your time here?   

Go and spend some time hanging out in forums written by native English speakers for native English speakers.  If your English is not so good, this might be difficult at first, but like with everything the more you practise the better you'll get.  By the same token, if you don't practise, you'll never get any better.  By visiting English language sites, you'll also learn all sorts of vocabulary specifically related to Internet sites and their usage.

A not uncommon remark in that other thread was words to the effect of "..the OP can't be a whitey, he's making comments like 'derailing a thread' which are specific to Chinese Internet forums..".  Hmmm, well, perhaps if such posters had used their brains before posting they might have realised that the very reason I know this sort of language is precisely because I hang out on Chinese Internet forums.  It's not like *BAAM* suddenly out of the blue I appeared on a Chinese speaking site and magically knew all these words.  It's because I've already spent time here reading posts and making small contributions when I felt my knowledge could add something to the discussion. It's also because I like to look up words that I don't understand - this activity is called "learning", and I would encourage everyone to do it (some people even find it enjoyable).   And it's not like it's difficult to find out what such words mean, many of them are obvious from context, and for those that aren't, a quick Internet search will return hundreds (and sometimes even thousands or millions) of pages with relevant results.

Anyway, if you're going to visit English language sites, it's probably a good idea to try and find a forum or site related to something you are interested in.  If you like cars, find a site related to cars.  Do you like fishing? Find a site related to fishing.  Computers and IT?  Same advice.  The Internet is a wide and wonderful place.  No matter what your interests are, you are almost guaranteed to be able to find a related website in English.  Combining your hobbies and interests with your language learning is a sure-fire way to make rapid progress.  

If you decide this sounds like a good idea, I would first caution you not to just rush in and start making posts.  First spend a bit of time getting to know the site a little better.  Most sites have their own little communities with their own little customs and sub-cultures.  It's a good idea to spend a couple of weeks or even months just reading things in order to get a feel for the lay of the land.  You'll also make a good impression on other readers if you can demonstrate that you've taken the time to understand the culture of the site.

When you do start posting, I would also discourage you from pointing out in every post that you are Chinese or that English is not your native language.  Just start participating in the discussion.  The reality is, most people couldn't care less whether you are Chinese, or English, or American, or Australian, or any other nationality.  Other people visiting those sites are there to talk about fishing or cars or computers or whatever.  If you repeatedly mention you are there to practise your English, you'll only start to annoy people.   Actually it's quite amusing to me that a single line regarding my nationality in that other thread has generated so much discussion in a such a short period of time.  If you made a similar comment on an English language forum, most people wouldn't even bat an eyelid.   

It's also worth remembering that other posters probably won't care if you make mistakes with your grammar or spelling.  Grammar and spelling have never been the Internet's strong point.

Which brings me to my next point, which is that it's also important to be aware of the sort of site you are visiting.  Some sites contain well written content, with reasoned and intelligent discussion, and are frequented by well-educated native speakers.  Other sites are the dregs of the Internet and are full of sloppy writing, poor spelling and grammar and ignorant people who like nothing more than to prove to the world how great they are and how stupid everyone else is (although they often achieve the opposite effect).   With the amount of variety available on the Internet, you'll be able to find sites that cover the entire spectrum of these extremes, and the more time you spend on a given site, the more your language usage will start to incorporate nuances and habits that you picked up from that site.  Beware of this, unless you particularly want to give people the impression that you are sloppy and uneducated.

There's so much more I could write on this topic, but this post is already getting a little long, and some of you are maybe already bored of reading it.  I'll finish off by saying that in order to learn a language, you need to use it.  Simply studying from books and memorising words from a dictionary is not enough.  So, find a way to use the language you're trying to learn and before long you'll start to see the benefits.

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-7-12 21:57 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 dynamix 于 2011-7-12 21:33 发表

BUT it sounds clumsy to my ears. Is this widely accepted in the English forums or perhaps posters there rarely refer a person in such a manner even though he/she opens/hosts a post/thread...?

是楼主的意思
Rita也有解释:)
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-7-12 22:27 |显示全部楼层

回复 dynamix 49# 帖子

此文章由 ccui001 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ccui001 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
yup, been to heaps of english forums and almost every single one uses OP. Nothing wrong with that expression.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
dynamix + 1 谢谢

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-7-12 22:37 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 floraz 于 2011-7-12 21:57 发表

是楼主的意思
Rita也有解释:)
卖40目和60目6米宽幅的防虫网

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-7-12 22:40 |显示全部楼层
为什么我的回复没有分加

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
dynamix + 2 版主也要加分?

查看全部评分

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-7-12 23:11 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 joaquin 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 joaquin 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
hmmm, language learning....what is that?

to OP, most of us are here to talk about real estate and food and shopping and whatever thingy they want to anyways. They might want to learn English, but I doubt that's why they are here.

I actually agree with most of what you said, then again, Ritacow's point is valid, how many ppl actually read this whole thing? I did, but damn isn't it loooooooong. Next time, pls break it into 5 parts, 'mmmmkay?
A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority, from his not having seen what it is expected a man should see

发表于 2011-7-13 20:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 snowolivia 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 snowolivia 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
mark 一下,我支持楼主。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-7-13 23:12 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ALICE_YU 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ALICE_YU 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 Gelen 于 2011-7-12 13:35 发表
我对楼主是本地人一点儿都不怀疑。只是想出几个网络短语考考楼主,看看楼主是不是都掌握了。

以下短语如果不雅,楼主可以笑而不答。

wk,
lz,
ld,
nb,
rpwt,
第五个不知道

mlgbd,

发表于 2011-7-13 23:30 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Grange 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Grange 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我本来以为LZ是ABC,没想到还真是“LOCAL”,呵呵。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
floraz + 1 我也这么以为的

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-7-13 23:34 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 DMW 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 DMW 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
lz是足迹的一大谜团啊,呵呵

退役斑竹

发表于 2011-7-14 00:29 |显示全部楼层
请lz给大家推荐几个本地英语论坛~

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部