新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 微凉 - 林忆莲2011年初一悉尼演唱会小记 (2011-2-4) patrickzhu · 果果成长~幼儿园经验分享讨论贴~(一)~ (2009-12-9) oscarmami
· E&E -- 冬令进补 -- 黑草羊煲 (2009-6-21) 知秋一叶 · 又来了,橙皮空心蛋糕-orange peel ring cake (2007-11-3) hattie
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:floraz

英语版活动《我的英语日记\句》 [复制链接]

发表于 2012-2-23 13:01 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 似水华年 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 似水华年 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
"They regard me as the best prospect to lead the Australian Labor Party successfully to the next elections, to save the Australian Labor Party at those elections, and to save the country from the ravages of an [opposition leader Tony] Abbott government," he said.
Maybe Mr Rudd has stronger supporters than Ms Gillard ~~I just guess that~
He thought he could save the country~~~

评分

参与人数 1积分 +4 收起 理由
floraz + 4 感谢分享

查看全部评分

可以评分拉
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-2-23 15:15 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 kinezox 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 kinezox 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 似水华年 于 2012-2-23 14:01 发表
"They regard me as the best prospect to lead the Australian Labor Party successfully to the next elections, to save the Australian Labor Party at those elections, and to save the country from the rava ...

But labor party is too soft on some very important issues.
from border control to carbon tax...
labor 's policy traditionally bad on economy control .

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
floraz + 3

查看全部评分

咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣

发表于 2012-2-23 21:04 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 似水华年 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 似水华年 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I agree with you about that. Some words come to my mind,none of us can choose our destiny,and none of us can escape it.Despite Labor party think they do it best,but finally they may find out that they are not the hero as they imagine before.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
floraz + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

可以评分拉

发表于 2012-2-24 10:36 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 kinezox 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 kinezox 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
you are a poet/poetess
for the thoughts, you present a such beautiful way to display, thank you for the sharing

发表于 2012-2-24 11:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Momotaba 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Momotaba 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Hi, folks, good afternoon to you!

It is Friday again. What's you plan for the weekend?

It looks like folks in Melbourne will have a very hot weekend. I don't have an AC at my home so I guess I'd better stay indoors for the weekend. Or alternatively I can jump on the airconditioned train and keep it cool there if it is extremely hot. It will not cost me much, just a train ticket.

Anyway, guys and gals have a good weekend all!

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
floraz + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

墨墨爸

退役斑竹

发表于 2012-2-24 12:41 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 floraz 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 floraz 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
How is going everyone?
You probably didn't see me around often this week because I had a really busy (and frustrating) week. My boss is going on mat leave from next Monday and we were helping her with handover. However instead of handing over, she decided to finish most of the work she's been working (and sitting) on before she goes on leave. Which as a result means WE have to finish a lot of work not due until months later.
I am not whinging. I am simply saying this is a mission impossible and I expect to see my boss in next week. @_@

[ 本帖最后由 floraz 于 2012-2-24 14:57 编辑 ]
我若不坚强,谁替我坚强
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-2-24 12:47 |显示全部楼层

回复 kinezox 275# 帖子

Really?Thank you for paying me a high compliment  beg for points~
I hope to sleep until naturally wake up this weekend~but it seems just my dream~~

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
kinezox + 3

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-2-24 12:54 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 cheapers2003 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 cheapers2003 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
nothing to complain on Friday and just love to have a mice cold beer in my hand at 5PM.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
floraz + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-2-24 15:52 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 cheapers2003 于 2012-2-24 13:54 发表
nothing to complain on Friday and just love to have a mice cold beer in my hand at 5PM.

mice cold beer? typo? I hope it's not the special way to express the beer...?
咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣

发表于 2012-2-24 16:49 |显示全部楼层
matter of a fact, I got it now.
cold beer in the hand, crisp on the table. life is simple...

发表于 2012-2-24 16:51 |显示全部楼层

回复 kinezox 281# 帖子

此文章由 Momotaba 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Momotaba 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
what the hell is crisp my friend? What is your plan this weekend?

Have a nice weekend!

P.S. Have u got AC at home?
Advertisement
Advertisement

退役斑竹

发表于 2012-2-24 20:21 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 floraz 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 floraz 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 Momotaba 于 2012-2-24 17:51 发表
what the hell is crisp my friend? What is your plan this weekend?

Have a nice weekend!

P.S. Have u got AC at home?

crisp = potato chips etc
我若不坚强,谁替我坚强

发表于 2012-2-24 20:25 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 floraz 于 2012-2-24 21:21 发表

crisp = potato chips etc

Thanks floraz, I guess it could be chips why makes it so difficult. Just say chips and there is no confusion. Anyway, no wedding for you to attend this weekend huh?

I guess it is good in a way and have some rest and battle next week with your workholic boss. Good luck with that!
墨墨爸

退役斑竹

发表于 2012-2-24 20:54 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 Momotaba 于 2012-2-24 21:25 发表

Thanks floraz, I guess it could be chips why makes it so difficult. Just say chips and there is no confusion. Anyway, no wedding for you to attend this weekend huh?

I guess it is good in a way and  ...

no wedding until May....
I actually feel sorry for her sometimes
我若不坚强,谁替我坚强

发表于 2012-2-25 19:28 |显示全部楼层
I ate too much sugary snacks today,such as dried mangoes,honey,cookies,cakes...
feel a little guilty~~
But when I was told that"a preference for sweet over spicy tastes also tended to be more agreeable"
Fine...That's a “Pardon” for me~
keep eating more...
可以评分拉

发表于 2012-2-26 05:59 |显示全部楼层

a little movie review after Moive Night

此文章由 mia_wn 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 mia_wn 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
When R and I walked out our friend's house, got into the car, the sun was almost down. Then R said " Let's get home quick, need to shut the windows!" I laughed and said "come on, we are back in the real world now, honey!"

Obviously he was affected by the movie we have just watched together with our friends, I AM Legend. For the record, I watched it twice in cinema before this friend's movie night. First time was with Chris, understandably as a parental guide even it is M-rated. The nice cinema staff always are a bit loose on these rules as long as there are parents coming halong.

The movie was a story about Robert Neville, (starred by Will Smith) as the only NY surviver of the vital virus which killed almost the whole population on earth, fought to the last breath to find the cure to rescue the human kind.

Will Smith is seen in this movie as a very mature actor by presenting his spectacular performance. His acting skill has improved with each new movie he made since Bad Boy 1, the debut by him which made him a star.

I was so impressed by his solo performance(if excluding the dog performance)in the first half of the movie when he is basically the only character in the scene except the small pieces parts when Robert was thinking back. Without correspondence and bouncing back lines with other characters, he successfully expressed the loneliness and scariness he has even as a tough guy himself. The tough guy fact actually only formed contrast to stand out more about the hopeless situation the character is in. This is a very demanding acting role and Will Smith nailed it right there!

The movie cleverly plotted the story in a way that draws the audience' intensive curiosity of what's goanna happen next, while it also timingly clears audience's doubts in the most natural way.

A few scenes that I would applaud for Will Smith.

One is when he was sending his wife and kid away, the tear work is done so well and it made me do a little of tear work myself too. He was trying to smile to tell his wife and kid that he would be all right when the tears poured down at the same time.

Second is when the German Shepherd dies. As an owner of a German Shepherd myself, I think that scene is sad when Sam(the dog) saved his master then got affected. Robert held her as a baby singing for her, but then had to kill her because she was affected by the virus too. Will Smith pulled an excellent pain look mixed with the ultimate anger for losing the only companion he has in the world at that scene.

And the other survivors finally appeared right after this scene when Robert was trying to kill himself overcome by the hopelessness after Sam's death. This is excellent plotting in the movie.

The sound effect and camera work are well done too. They, in a way, added strength to the scary effect.'

Of course, besides all the scariness, there were a few chuckles in the movie. For example when the dog is exercising on the treadmill with Robert; Robert lost his temper and blamed Anna  for cooking his saved bacon; and also when he was doing Bob Marley singing. Those cracks the audience up a little in the middle of the intensity. Again, all these little comedy were plotted well and naturally.

I got to know the director of this movie Francis Lawrence in Constantine, played by my favorite star Keanu Reeves. It is not hard to see what he is good at making now.

Personally I think I AM A LEGEND entirely beats up the other movie in the same category War of the Worlds starred Tom Cruise and directed by Steven Spielberg who claimed the movie the perfect movie ever in its propaganda.

Not to mention the plotting, the acting, one thing that is proving enough is  I AM LEGEND affects people right after the movie like what it did to R. When audience walk out of the cinema, see the real world, they will dramatically relate the surroundings to the story, while with War of the Worlds, walking out the cinema, I was trying to figure out why the movie ended so abruptly in such a logically ridiculous way when the giant monster was destroyed by the birds.

As a gal, I have to be honest about the fact that the physical attraction from Will Smith  has  undoubtly influenced most ofl the female audience. The touching-feeling arm muscle , sweating workouts when you can see the amazing abs, ha, well done, Will!

评分

参与人数 1积分 +12 收起 理由
floraz + 12 感谢分享

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-2-26 06:17 |显示全部楼层

Sorry Floraz,was my previous publish proper at all?

此文章由 mia_wn 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 mia_wn 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I just realized it might be a bit too long and may not be the right theme for what we are doing here. If so, please feel free to delete it. Did not want to bore everyone with a long detailed movie review and even worse for some if they have not seen the movie,hehe.

It was something I wrote after the movie night so I thougth it might qualify as a diary thing.

Anyway, I thinks it is an absolutely good idea to do this activity and it is like: finally someone is doing this, because I know many friends that are keeping writing both diary in Chinese and English. Reasons being Chinese is the most profound and efficient language and it is our mother tougue so we love it all life. And English, we polish it a bit from time time as we need to use it everyday afterall.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +10 收起 理由
floraz + 10 No problem at all!

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-2-26 12:48 |显示全部楼层

回复 mia_wn 287# 帖子

For one, this is way too loooooooooong! It will put people off. At least it manages to do that to me.

For two, my friend, how long ago was this movie coming out? It was in 2007. It is almost half a decade ago. Don't you think it is a bit old?

Anyway, that is just my feedback. Welcome to the English corner!

My only piece of advice to you: write something shorter next time.

Enjoy your weekend all, I hope you have AC at home for Melbourne folks.

[ 本帖最后由 Momotaba 于 2012-2-26 13:49 编辑 ]
墨墨爸

发表于 2012-2-26 14:58 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 cheapers2003 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 cheapers2003 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
It's a bloody hot day, though I got AC in the home. Why? Because I didn't put an Air Con in to cool the rooms down. lol

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
floraz + 2 -_-

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-2-26 15:19 |显示全部楼层

回复 mia_wn 287# 帖子

I have heard the movie title,but I don't have opportunity to watch that.
Thank you for writing a so loooooong~~ movie review~

发表于 2012-2-26 18:30 |显示全部楼层

hehe, it is too long,something else next time la

I watched it with friends when it first came out back in 2007. This review was required by a local movie club i am in now. The theme was to watch a collection of movies showing "end of world" scenes. I chose this one as I am a Will Smith fan. It might be too long and boring because of too much analysis of plotting and performance. I feel the same way when I read other people's movie reviews, especially about movies that I do not really like. Definately shorter stuff next time la, haha. bv

评分

参与人数 1积分 +4 收起 理由
floraz + 4 感谢分享

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-2-27 07:14 |显示全部楼层

Home Alone Monday

It is not nice weather at all! Wet and still dark at 6:30am. I woke up and prepared breakfast for my hubby,kissed him goodbye to work,and came back sitting on sofa thinking: Am I going to work today?

For the next 5 minutes I was struggling with the idea while checking The Age web for detailed weather forecast. There will be thunderstorm coming in the afternoon. Even though I usually finish my work at noon , still, this would  be a more sound reason for me to stay at home today since I hate driving in rain. Now I could say I did not do this out of laziness. Maybe I was tired after a whole day fun Sunday with friends. And my boss, my hubby,doesn't want me to work this much at all especially when I drew a lot out of myself during weekend. I only insist on going to the office every day for a little while simply because I need find a focus in life. I always feel a bit restless when I have too much free time.

After constantly trying to explore my interests, in other words,"my hidden talents-haha" such as piano, photography, French learning, and recently planning on sport Fencing, I still find half day of work will do more good on my balance of life than not working at all. Maybe when I have kids, I will then be a full-time mom, it will be different though because life will be filled with so much joy with the little ones. I solute to allfull-time mums who are doing fantastic jobs raising their kids. It is one of the most important jobs in the world.

Just checked the web, no updates for Vampire Diaries this week?! Not cool. I am going to eat my breakie and go back to sleep a bit and then start my home alone monday!

评分

参与人数 1积分 +8 收起 理由
floraz + 8 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-2-27 07:28 |显示全部楼层
Good morning folks, how was your weekend?

I am amazed that I came out in one piece after last two days' intense heat in Melbourne. Having no AC at home would not help either. Today we had early rain in Melbourne and what a good start for the week!

Today is a big day cause we have K. Rudd and J. Gillard do battle in Canberra for the top job.
We also have Oscars on in USA and last not least my beloved NBA all star game will be on this morning. I wish I could stay at home and watch it. Dream on!

Anyway as always folks have a good week ahead and a great day today!

P.S. to Mia_wn, aren't you lucky? (Home alone in Monday)

[ 本帖最后由 Momotaba 于 2012-2-27 08:30 编辑 ]
墨墨爸

发表于 2012-2-27 10:11 |显示全部楼层
movies huh,
well, how about we all talk about the movies today, since somewhere at  the other side of the ocean, there is battle going on for the  academy  awards. So let 's all say about the movies...
the one u just watched...
the one toughed u the most...
the one most memoriable...
or even just a scene,
a part of the script...
a piece of music/lyric...

评分

参与人数 1积分 +4 收起 理由
floraz + 4 Good idea

查看全部评分

咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣

发表于 2012-2-27 11:41 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 kinezox 于 2012-2-27 11:11 发表
movies huh,
well, how about we all talk about the movies today, since somewhere at  the other side of the ocean, there is battle going on for the  academy  awards. So let 's all say about the movies.. ...

Hi, mate, I think this is a good idea. So I will kick it off if everyone is happy.

I have two favorite movies. One is Forrest Gump by Tom Hanks and the other one is Brave heart by Mel Gibson.

Tom hanks is a great actor and he has so many classic movies which I like a lot. If I have to choose from them then I will stick to Forrest gump.

I remembered one of my favorite scenes in the moview was that when Forrest told Jenny (his girlfriend) that he loved her.

Forrest said:" Jenny I don't know what love is but I love you." It shows that Forrest being a simple has that strong feeling and will towards Jenny. Even during their relationships Jenny ran away from him a few times, he still loves her deeply in his heart. That is great!

For brave heart, that is the movie I watched when I was still in Uni studying english. It was quite a long time ago.

The scene struck me most is when Wallace gave speech to his fighters before the battle, his painted blue face and his speech about freedom. It is really inspirational stuff. I love it.

Ok, that is it for me and I hope I have not made you guys feel bored. And it is not that long to be honest. Anyway I hope more people will post their favorite movies reviews here. The more the merrier! (Sorry Floraz if you think this is not appropriate, please delete it!)

评分

参与人数 1积分 +8 收起 理由
floraz + 8 感谢分享

查看全部评分

墨墨爸

发表于 2012-2-27 12:26 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 Momotaba 于 2012-2-27 12:41 发表

Hi, mate, I think this is a good idea. So I will kick it off if everyone is happy.

I have two favorite movies. One is Forrest Gump by Tom Hanks and the other one is Brave heart by Mel Gibson.

Tom  ...

yeah I remember that one:
run, you may live... but for how long...
one chance ,just one chance that come back here and fight...
they may take away our life, but they'll never take our FREEDOM...
咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-2-27 14:12 |显示全部楼层
my all time favorite speech is from "scent of a woman'
that movie was teaching me how to stand up and be a man through years...
here is the word from Al Pacino as frank slade, very insperation speech.

out od order?  ....I'd show you but I'm too old; I'm too tired; I'm too f---in' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a FLAME-THROWER to this place! Outta order. Who the hell you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit; there is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sendin' this splendid foot-soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say you are executin' his SOUL!!

[ 本帖最后由 kinezox 于 2012-2-27 15:18 编辑 ]
咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣

发表于 2012-2-27 14:16 |显示全部楼层
...he won't sell anybody out to buy his future!! And that, my friends, is called integrity! That's called courage! Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of. Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie. He's come to the crossroads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle -- that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey.
咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣

发表于 2012-2-27 16:41 |显示全部楼层

回复 kinezox 299# 帖子

Mate, I have to say you do have good memory. I cannot remember all these lines. But you can.

I highly recommend you play those card games in casino with this exceptional good memory. You could make fortune out of that.

Any other takers who want to share your favorite movies here? Looking forward to hearing from you!
墨墨爸

发表于 2012-2-27 16:51 |显示全部楼层

Love Forrest Gump!

I could not think a better performance than what Tom Hanks did in this movie!  And the story itself digs deep and gets everyone thinking and yet is hilarious at alot of points. So enjoyable and you wouldnot say no when friends suggest watching it one more time at someone's home.

and my dear Momotaba,am i lucky?  it is the end of the day now and I did not accomplish anything yet. I did enjoy a nice conversation with mum and sis on skype as one of our routines, sometime daily even. Nothing else la. Definately go to work tomorrow la.

Hope everyone had a good start this week!

评分

参与人数 1积分 +6 收起 理由
floraz + 6 I love it too. Watched it again on TV th

查看全部评分

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部