新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 给大家放放毒 - 老陶推荐几本好书 (2008-9-16) 老陶 · 有喜欢打鸟的吗? (2013-12-20) troublefree
· 悉尼消费者经验总结 (2008-7-27) Devil_Star · 从自住转投资 - offset account对以后税务优惠的计算 (2007-9-10) 黑山老妖
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 2625|回复: 32

推荐一个中学生读书的博客,加入者有机会得到免费书•••• [复制链接]

发表于 2013-2-26 11:16 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 dingding 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 dingding 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 dingding 于 2013-2-26 12:19 编辑

http://theyabooklover.blogspot.com.au/

评分

参与人数 5积分 +25 收起 理由
cl2007 + 6 你太有才了
eurekana + 4 你太有才了
anni18 + 3

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2013-2-26 11:34 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 dingding 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 dingding 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
博主是我女儿,13岁的她喜欢读书。自开博以来,她写了很多书评,吸引了很多读者。现在有出版商送她书邀她写书评。没想到性格缅恬,从不引人注目的小女生,写的书评却是入木三分。
发个贴,支持一下,希望有兴趣的同学一起来分享心得。

评分

参与人数 3积分 +8 收起 理由
roseF + 2 感谢分享
wgurry + 2 恭喜恭喜
eurekana + 4 才女!

查看全部评分

2010年度奖章获得者 2013年度奖章获得者

发表于 2013-2-26 11:41 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 chesecake 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 chesecake 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
LZ女儿真不错

发表于 2013-2-26 11:42 |显示全部楼层
节选其中一段••••••••••

All This Could End By Steph Bowe (ARC)

Title: All This Could End
Author: Steph Bowe
Publisher: Text Publishing
Genre: YA, contemporary, romance
NOT IN SERIES
Release Date: February 27, 2013
Pages: 256 (paperback)
How I Got the Book: Received via publisher (hard copy)
For More Information: Goodreads Link

What’s the craziest thing your mum has asked you to do?

Nina doesn’t have a conventional family. Her family robs banks—even she and her twelve-year-old brother Tom are in on the act now. Sophia, Nina’s mother, keeps chasing the thrill: ‘Anyway, their money’s insured!’ she says.

After yet another move and another new school, Nina is fed up and wants things to change. This time she’s made a friend she’s determined to keep: Spencer loves weird words and will talk to her about almost anything. His mother has just left home with a man who looks like a body-builder vampire, and his father and sister have stopped talking.

Spencer and Nina both need each other as their families fall apart, but Nina is on the run and doesn’t know if she will ever see Spencer again. Steph Bowe, author of Girl Saves Boy, once again explores the hearts and minds of teenagers in a novel full of drama, laughter and characters with strange and wonderful ways.

This book was given to me by Text Publishing. No bribes, money of other treats were given for compensation. Thank you Text Publishing!
All This Could End was a fantastic contemporary novel by Steph Bowe who was just a teenager when she wrote this book. Her first novel, Girl Saves Boy was written at the age of 14, that is just one year older than me! This promising piece of art captured me at the first page.

My thoughts of what the ratings were as I read the book:
Prologue: Fantastic. 4.5 stars
Middle: Eh, uneven in many aspects and the characters were a bit iffy. 3.5 stars
Epilogue: It was supposed to be a passionate, touching ending to tear one's heart but had a tang of irrational humour. 3-3.5 stars

Nina's family isn't what you'd call...normal. Her family robs banks and moves houses on a frequent basis. However, Nina wants to get out of this mess, away from the spontaneous drama, but she needs to wait until she is eighteen. Meet Spencer; awkward, shy and a ruined family. Yet when Spencer and Nina are thrown together, something grows, but maybe will never bloom.

Once I began reading, I fell in love with Nina, she is a cogent, strong character whom has a complicated life that can be related to. You can feel Nina's eagerness and longing to leave her messed up life for something different and new as well as her clear thoughts that are rational and intriguing to read about. Spencer is shy and unsure, those are unlikable characteristics, however, when Steph Bowe incorporates it, Spencer is your handsome, desirable guy. I loved his uncertain-ness, the way Spencer tries to communicate without the awkward parts is simply hilarious and enjoyable.

I feel like the prologue was what shined in this book. Short sentences, beautiful ways of showing off Steph's techniques to create such emotions like shock, bewilderment and excitement. I felt conflicted, really about the way she structured the scene to make me feel understanding and unknowing alternatively.

As the story began, I was pulverised with these descriptions of Nina's family. It felt more forced than casual, I wanted a better flow like the prologue, so the beginning disappointed me. I can think of several other unique ways to describe and paint the image of a character than just bomb it down immediately.

Another issue I had with this book was the dialogue. It wasn't balanced. There were places where there was so much dialogue, I felt like I was reading a play manuscript, then other times, I felt like I was an observer with no ears. It was rather painful, to speak the truth. Moreover, I wanted more depth. Actually, it NEEDED more depth, constantly, I felt like there were gaps in the book, missing parts to make the book feel wholly and worthy of more stars. For instance, the action scenes were rather peaceful occasionally. I had to re-read to make sure I was actually reading a combat.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. For a young adult/teen, Steph Bowe certainly has a handful of tricks up her sleeve and I cannot wait to see more of it in the future. Although, there were quite some flaws, All This Could End touched my heart and will shock readers with twists and turns.

Recommended for contemporary lovers of Pushing the Limits By Katie McGarry and several more drama/romances.

(ACTUAL: 3.5)
No comments:
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook

Labels: 3.5 star, all this could end, review, steph bowe

评分

参与人数 2积分 +7 收起 理由
fayefaye + 2 你女儿太有才了
缓缓 + 5 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2013-2-26 11:53 |显示全部楼层
chesecake 发表于 2013-2-26 12:41
LZ女儿真不错

加分真给力,谢谢。

发表于 2013-2-26 12:00 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 dingding 于 2013-2-26 13:03 编辑

发贴的目的是吸引更多的关注,女儿希望有一天有大出版社邀约她写书评
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2013-2-26 12:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 DVAW 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 DVAW 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

发表于 2013-2-26 12:06 |显示全部楼层
借足迹平台,呼唤兴趣相投的同学加入Melanie 的BLOG.

发表于 2013-2-26 12:08 |显示全部楼层
dingding 发表于 2013-2-26 12:42
节选其中一段••••••••••

All This Could End By Steph Bowe (ARC)

谢谢版主支持。

发表于 2013-2-26 12:11 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 罗卜扛大包 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 罗卜扛大包 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
楼主孩子真棒!

楼主有空的话,可否分享一些您是如何引导孩子爱上阅读的过来经验。

发表于 2013-2-26 12:26 |显示全部楼层
罗卜扛大包 发表于 2013-2-26 13:11
楼主孩子真棒!

楼主有空的话,可否分享一些您是如何引导孩子爱上阅读的过来经验。 ...

我自问?其实我没做什么,无非是到图书馆多借几本书。
其实每个孩子都会在某点上有长处,难得的是你能发现并能充分的发挥出来。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2013-2-26 14:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Junko 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Junko 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
樓主
女兒真棒

发表于 2013-2-26 17:12 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jenny06 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jenny06 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
赞一个!

发表于 2013-2-26 18:31 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 anni18 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 anni18 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

楼主孩子真本事。

2021年度勋章获得者 2019年度勋章 2020年度勋章

发表于 2013-2-26 19:56 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 lavender_z 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 lavender_z 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
LZ女儿厉害

发表于 2013-2-26 20:00 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 IASKU 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 IASKU 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2013-2-26 20:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 may263263 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 may263263 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我女儿也爱看书,但不写读后感 ,看来我以后要督促她写了!

发表于 2013-2-26 20:59 |显示全部楼层
may263263 发表于 2013-2-26 21:52
我女儿也爱看书,但不写读后感 ,看来我以后要督促她写了!

这事逼不得,兴趣使然。

发表于 2013-2-26 21:02 |显示全部楼层
多谢ls 各位鼓励,希望有兴趣的同学加入。

发表于 2013-2-27 01:50 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 eurekana 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 eurekana 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
dingding 发表于 2013-2-26 12:34
博主是我女儿,13岁的她喜欢读书。自开博以来,她写了很多书评,吸引了很多读者。现在有出版商送她书邀她写 ...

写得真好!

发表于 2013-2-27 01:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 eurekana 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 eurekana 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
楼主,这些书图书馆都有借吗?
读了读后感,想看原文了。。。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2013-2-27 01:57 |显示全部楼层
小姑娘写得很有大牌的感觉啊,细节部分笔触又很诙谐俏皮。
我觉得很像在读NEAP呢。
(NEAP是澳洲最好的小说study guide的出版商)

发表于 2013-2-27 02:13 |显示全部楼层
一连读了五六篇,半夜里看到这种文章真是要命。。。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
dingding + 2 谢谢支持

查看全部评分

头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2013-2-27 06:20 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 fayefaye 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 fayefaye 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
才女

发表于 2013-2-27 06:36 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 xzjleo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 xzjleo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

发表于 2013-2-27 09:32 |显示全部楼层
eurekana 发表于 2013-2-27 03:13
一连读了五六篇,半夜里看到这种文章真是要命。。。

谢谢你这么喜欢!说实话,我都没你读的多 。我女儿的愿望就是能和兴趣相投的聊聊书,她在学校有些孤单(在读书方面),所以她的博客也是满足自己的途径。我倒是很想多跟她交流,但是我发现我已跟不上了
她的大部分书是从图书馆借的,从去年中开始,她买了一些她粉的书,大概有三十来本。我基本上不支持她买太多,除非她喜欢的很。今年她定了读书计划,目标好像两百多本。让我这一年也读不了两本书的妈如何跟她交流
你说的N什么书,我不懂,回头我问问她。
希望有时间你可在她的博上留言,她会非常高兴的。谢谢!
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2013-2-27 10:17 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 香橙 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 香橙 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

发表于 2013-2-27 21:33 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ddee 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ddee 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
LZ女儿真棒
话说有天赋,学是学不来滴

发表于 2013-2-27 22:14 |显示全部楼层
女儿告诉我,今天她的博客已经有超过一百的点击次数---- 足迹很强大啊!
虽然参加者只多了两名, 她还是很开心, 我想被认同也是很满足的吧。
谢谢大家的鼓励
希望能有感兴趣的同学加入。

发表于 2013-2-28 09:54 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 roseF 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 roseF 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
很不错  

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部