精华好帖回顾

· 家乡的云 (2008-9-1) youyuan · 上海 --- 扫街 (2012-1-17) JerryWu
· 单一性别学校 vs 男女混校 (2010-6-17) patrickzhu · 登陆第二天心情 (2005-5-29) 爱娃
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:floraz

英语版活动《我的英语日记\句》 [复制链接]

发表于 2012-2-8 13:10 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 kinezox 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 kinezox 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 Momotaba 于 2012-2-8 08:26 发表
Good morning folks, another day another 50 cents in the bank. Today is Wednesday and like what they said in the ads it is the middle of the week and everything will go downhill from today.

I can not ...

what summer, I havn't seen any summer days this year...
咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-2-8 13:44 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 kinezox 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 kinezox 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 rain1111 于 2012-2-8 03:58 发表
A couple of months ago, an Americian environmentalist in China wrote me an e-mail expessing his concern about large-scale environmental pollution in China. He also suggested that how to get significan ...

Well I 'm not a scientist , and did not really have much study about this topic at all.
However, there is a law in simple physics: the energy can only transfer from one form to another. therefore when industry leaping forward,it only normal to leave a trace of damage to the eviroments,when we take the resource out of the natrual...
While all the developed country pouring factories into asia and affrica, harvest on cheap labour and local resourse, All the idealist standing around pointing fingers to the developing country ,shouting reduce carbon, protect our planet...  that is simply unfair.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
floraz + 5 感谢分享

查看全部评分

咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣

发表于 2012-2-8 13:51 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Momotaba 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Momotaba 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 kinezox 于 2012-2-8 14:10 发表

what summer, I havn't seen any summer days this year...

Well if you are in Melbourne, I can remember clearly there is a 40 degree day this summer. That for sure will qualify summer days at least to me.

发表于 2012-2-8 14:55 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 peixas 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 peixas 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
We went to watch Mission Impossible 4 the other day. The story line is kind of simple, but I liked the movie, worth watching in the theater. It's another blockbuster, carrying similar action style of previous MI movies. It's got a few interesting scenes where you see some advanced technology used in the field of special agents, and a few breath-taking moments, like the one where Tom Cruise hanging outside the tallest building in Dubai. Best of all, it's ACTION movie, you can ignore the English part

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
floraz + 5 I've seen the movie too :)

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-2-8 20:26 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 似水华年 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 似水华年 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 Momotaba 于 2012-2-8 14:51 发表

Well if you are in Melbourne, I can remember clearly there is a 40 degree day this summer. That for sure will qualify summer days at least to me.

OH.That's really hot~The ultraviolet radiation is very strong in summer , so protect yourself from burned.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
floraz + 2 I always have sun screen with me

查看全部评分

可以评分拉

发表于 2012-2-8 21:00 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Momotaba 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Momotaba 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 似水华年 于 2012-2-8 21:26 发表

OH.That's really hot~The ultraviolet radiation is very strong in summer , so protect yourself from burned.

Thanks for your warning but I have already got burned.

It was not on that 40 degree day. It was during Aussie open.

My friend and I went to see Zheng jie played with Marion Bartoli in the third round.

Zheng jie was dominating during the whole match. She won eventually. It was forecasted 28 degrees overcast on that day. But I still managed to get sun burn. Amazing! I also realized I lost my voice after the game. I guess I have Jia youed too much during the game. Anyway it is a great day with a great win. The sun burn is well worth it.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +4 收起 理由
floraz + 4 Haha

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-2-8 23:36 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 rain1111 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 rain1111 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 floraz 于 2012-2-8 12:50 发表

do you mind me asking what do you do and where are you locat ...

I am currently serving as a consultant for health and environment realted issues. As for my location, honestly speaking, I am not sure myself. I have been traveling a lot for the past serveral years.

Thanks for all your guys responses

Cheers

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
floraz + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-2-9 00:00 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Jan0104 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Jan0104 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 Momotaba 于 2012-2-8 22:00 发表

Thanks for your warning but I have already got burned.

It was not on that 40 degree day. It was during Aussie open.

My friend and I went to see Zheng jie played with Marion Bartoli in the third ro ...

“jiayoued”Oh, so funny, man. Yeah!

发表于 2012-2-9 07:24 |显示全部楼层
Good morning folks, another beautiful day starts in Melbourne. Today it will be 25 degrees and sunny here in Mel. But wait, strap yourself cause tomorrow will be thunderstorm and rain. But at least tomorrow is Friday.

It is much better than yesterday's 22 degrees I tell you. I had to wear my jacket in the morning because it was cold.
Today it is a different story and it is Thursday today two more days guys and gals till the weekend.

I don't know you guys but lately I found I was struggling from Thursday onwards physically. I guess it could be a sign of me getting old (oh no!) or maybe due to lack of sleep.

BTW how many hours do you normally sleep at night? For me it is about 6 hours or 6 and a half. I get up very early in the morning around 6 am cause I will start around 8 am in the office. I have to admit I have spent way too much time on Zuji at night. I would rather that is the cause of my struggling not me getting old.

Anyway my friends as always have a great day all!

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
floraz + 5 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-2-9 07:40 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 Jan0104 于 2012-2-9 01:00 发表

“jiayoued”Oh, so funny, man. Yeah!

I am really happy that you can read my pinyin very well. Hi Five my friend!

BTW anyone knows how to express jiayou in english? I am thinking of cheer on? But I am not comfortable in using it.

To me communication is about making sure the other people understand you cause anything else is fu yun.

发表于 2012-2-9 10:44 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Jan0104 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Jan0104 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Actually I am really god at PINYIN but not English. lol~~~ I don't care what kind of the way for your expression ,as long as any others can understand.Hi five~
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-2-9 10:48 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 Jan0104 于 2012-2-9 11:44 发表
Actually I am really god at PINYIN but not English. lol~~~ I don't care what kind of the way for your expression ,as long as any others can understand.Hi five~

that cheating...
to bribe us ,u need to buy the next round coffee...
咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣

发表于 2012-2-9 10:55 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 Momotaba 于 2012-2-9 08:40 发表

I am really happy that you can read my pinyin very well. Hi Five my friend!

BTW anyone knows how to express jiayou in english? I am thinking of cheer on? But I am not comfortable in using it.

To m ...

chanting and cheering?
咎莫憯于欲利。
人之迷也,其日故以久矣