新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 参加活动 - 小L的2010年度总结 (内有多图,终于填坑完毕) (2010-12-19) 旋木 · 参加活动---雪花家粗茶淡饭 ——更新第3晚 结束篇 58楼 (2010-7-6) 紫雪花
· 宝贝,一定要记得的事 (2009-6-15) lolLoft · 笑忘书——亲子关系和爸爸参与教育——完结 (2018-10-29) 小小白虎
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:floraz

英语版活动《我的英语日记\句》 [复制链接]

发表于 2016-5-20 20:37 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 linegar 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 linegar 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-9-24 20:33 编辑

"Not a woman in the world knows it all."
Let's face it---it is hard to learn anything when you think you already know it all. None of us like to admit our ignorance, yet most of us will confess that we don't know everything.
Once you acknowledge ignorance, you empower yourself. You can now take responsibility to chart a course toward greater knowledge. It's a beautiful choice.
As strange as it sounds, we often expect ourselves to know before we have learned, which creats anxiety and tension. Why not join other women that have let it go and are not afraid or embarrassed to admit their ignorance? Once you do, you'll relax and be more open to learning.
I am willing to learn and expand my knowledge.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 I am willing to learn

查看全部评分

Put all my soul into it, play the way I feel
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-5-21 20:21 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 linegar 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 linegar 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
In our pursuit of good health and shapeliness, most of us think immediately of dieting. If only we could eat less, we think, we'd soon be slim, happy and life would be problem-free.
It's true that dieting is one answer, though it can be the most agonizing and psychologically destructive, so why not think about it another way. Maybe it's not that we eat too much, but that we exercise too little. Most of us lead terribly sedentary lives; when we're not sitting at our office desks, we're sitting on a bus or a train or in a car or in front of the telly, and we very rarely go for a good brisk walk, let alone exert ourselves more vigorously.
Taking regular exercise can mean that you can eat decent, satisfying amounts, while not endangering your figure at all. Exercise, or better still sport - since sport is challenging, exciting and socially enjoyable too - can change your whole attitude to life. It can change a depressive, lethargic person into a happy, active one. It can change a flabby, clumsy person into a firm, perfectly controlled, and graceful one.
Exercise, so the doctors tell us, is a necessary antidote to stress, and it will help to keep your heart and lungs working well too.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 Exercise,then enjoy all the good food.

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-22 20:22 |显示全部楼层
I loved 刘若英,she is sweet,bright and intelligent. l am happy that I am still able to be touched by her music.
Just close your eyes and enjoy wholeheartedly her beautiful singing .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HjVWGq1RMKg

Please allow me to settle as dust does
And bury my past in silence
Going through winds and rains I come from the sea
And bury myself in the deserts
Things conceiled gradually get clear
Thousands of words turn into silence
Love is a superstition with right time and right place
Oh, so you are here too
Ah, that man
Can only appear in my dreams?
Why have I used all my strength
Yet only attain half a lifetime memories ?
If not for your yearning eyes
If not for my redemptive mind
How could we meet in the sea of the crowd?
Oh, so you are here too

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-25 20:41 |显示全部楼层
I strove with none,
For none was worth my strife.
Nature I loved and,
Next to Nature, Art;
I warm'd both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks,
And I am ready to depart.

我和谁都不争,
和谁争我都不屑;
我爱大自然,
其次就是艺术;
我双手烤着生命之火取暖;
火萎了,
我也准备走了。

英国诗人兰德《生与死》
杨绛译

Grieving over the loss of 杨绛

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
bigcrow + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-27 20:45 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-5-27 21:08 编辑

Needless to say, this is an excellent forum, having hospitable hosts,and enthusiastic participants. we learn idioms and expressions here, and we share experiences here as well.
I had some spare time last week, spent more time on this forum, wrote a few more posts than usual, .of course I had lots of fun, but at same time I feel my English sense was flying away. So I was thinking, why couldn’t we speak(type) English here? We do make mistakes, so what, that’s why we come here, isn’t it?
Maybe we can have English threads and Chinese threads.
just let people choose which ones they want to go to. Like in every forum, there are boring topics and exciting topics, forum-goers just decide themselves which topic/thread they want to participate in the discussion of.

some thoughts

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
bigcrow + 3 agree. hope your English sense flying to

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-28 20:45 |显示全部楼层
Joy in living comes from having fine emotions, trusting them, giving them the freedom of a bird in the open. Joy in living can never be assumed as a pose, or put on from the outside as a mask. People who have this joy do not need to talk about it;
they radiate it. They just live out their joy and let it splash its sunlight and glow into other lives as naturally as bird sings.
We can never get it by working for it directly. It comes, like happiness, to those who are aiming at something higher.
It is a byproduct of great, simple living. The joy of living comes from what we put into living, not from what we seek to get from it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SN7ZDnkzsic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CI9-9ZzYJEI
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-5-29 20:33 |显示全部楼层
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZk4hT7ncv0

Miracle, that truly is! There is nothing on earth that is more miraculous than the birth of a life,
from the inception to its being born. we were winner so we met here.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +4 收起 理由
bigcrow + 4 你太有才了

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-31 20:37 |显示全部楼层
WILLIAM BLAKE
      Infant Sorrow
My mother groan’d, my father wept,
Into the dangerous world I leapt;
Helpless, naked, piping loud,
Like a fiend hid in a cloud.
Struggling in my father’s hands,
Striving against my swaddling-bands,
Bound and weary, I thought best
To sulk upon my mother’s breast.

威廉·布莱克
    婴儿窘
呻吟的是我妈,流泪的是我爸,
我一跃而入这危险的世界;
弱小无助,赤身裸体,声音响亮,
如同藏身云天之上的魔王。
我在爸的手中挣扎不休,
还与捆绑我的襁褓搏斗,
身受束缚,我又累又疲,
最后在吃奶时大生闷气。

I wish tomorrow is a happy children's day and we never lose the innocence of childhood in our hearts

评分

参与人数 2积分 +5 收起 理由
小小白虎 + 1 地球太危险啦!快回火星吧!
bigcrow + 4 be happy in the dangerous world

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-6-3 20:24 |显示全部楼层
Sleep is as important to human health as food and water. Sleep requirements differ from one to another, depending on age, physical activity levels, general health status and other individual factors. In general, children and teenagers need about nine to ten hours of sleep per night, and adults need about eight hours. However.Lack of essential amount of sleep even in a period of time is termed sleep deprivation. Sleep deprivation is a result of life style, physical and metal disorder, and consequently affects people’s health and normal life.
Sleep deprivation is often a direct result of lifestyle choices. Drinking caffeine before bedtime will artificially create energy and keep people awake. Overuse of alcohol may lead to poor quality of sleep though certain amount of alcohol is helpful for sleeping.  Staying up late to socialize or entertain such as chatting online or through phone, hanging in bars, watching television or reading good books may excite certain brain areas, and therefore causes sleep disorder including difficult being asleep and less deep sleep.  International airline attendants or frequent travelers tend to have irregular sleeping patterns because their biological clock has to switch from one time zone to another. People on these occupations find it almost impossible to make up sleep loss during daylight hours. Parents always suffer inadequate sleep when their young children wake up at nights for feeding or comfort. Students sacrifice required sleep to prepare their exams or papers, which will negatively influence their health.

To be continued

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 Hypnotist or Hypnotherapist?

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-6-4 20:39 |显示全部楼层
Physical discomfort plays critical roles in sleep deprivation. People with colds and stuffy nose are usually not able to breathe smoothly. As a result, heavy breathing, snoring and frequent waking directly fragment sleep. Headache and migraine are also reasons for the prevalence of sleep deprivation, especially among women, though not always vice versa. Sleep does not always relieve fatigue. Sometimes extreme exhaustion in association with sore arms and legs triggers sleep disorder.
There is a close relationship between mind disorder and sleep deprivation. Instead of relaxing mentally and physically, lying in bed worrying robs and disturbs sleep. The more stress and anxiety one experiences, the more one worries, the more depressed one becomes, the less likely he/she will sleep well. Sleep deprivation is also a result of other emotional states such as fear, grief and loneliness. Moreover, sleep may be disrupted for a range of environmental reasons along with related mood swing, for example, because the bedroom is too hot or cold, or because neighbors are too noisy.
Sleep tight.

To be continued

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-6-5 20:24 |显示全部楼层
Sleep deprivation is a serious disease and impairs human health in a huge range. The most common physical problems include aching muscles, blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, hand tremors, headache, weight loss or gain. Sleep deprivation weakens the immune system leaving people more vulnerable to other diseases and disorders such as common cold, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and even cancer. Sleep deprivation adversely affects brain function. For example, a study showed that the brain regions activated in rested subjects doing the arithmetic problems were not active in the sleep-deprived subjects. No other region of the brain became activated when subjects performed arithmetic when sleep-deprived. Subjects had fewer correct answers and omitted more responses when sleepy than when rested. Furthermore, sleep deprivation may be linked to more serious diseases, such as mental illnesses including psychosis, bipolar and even death. Psychologically, decreased mental activity, reduced alertness, impatience, irritability, memory loss, poor judgment, emotional highs and lows, and reduced work efficiency extensively occur to sleep-deprived individuals.  Studies have shown that people who get too little sleep may have higher levels of stress hormone. Therefore, they are easy to be stressed out, anxious and depressed. Sleepy people are less focused and concentrated, and this could not only lead to physical injuries like falls but also become lost on an unfamiliar street.
Sleep deprivation has become a problem in modern society where people always feel they have too little time for too much work. However, there is truly a two-way street between sleep deprivation and physical and mental health. To keep human body functions properly, sleeping is an effective way to restore energy rather than a waste of time.

Sleep tight.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 ZZZ, zzz

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement