精华好帖回顾

· 油菜花开了,2011春天又到了,又去了一趟。 (2010-10-15) 陈少 · 征文: 打工未称帝,老板成拌牢 (2011-10-30) dickson
· 百香果 (2017-5-12) qld · HOLDEN ASTRA RS-V车评 (附全系价格) (2017-10-17) 黑山老妖
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:floraz

英语版活动《我的英语日记\句》 [复制链接]

发表于 2016-1-30 20:12 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 linegar 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 linegar 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I'd often ask my reflection in the mirror a short question "what do you want?" I'd answer it silently in my thought. Interesting enough, the question has been the same but the answers have changed through the years.  At the beginning, my answers lies somewhere between to having wealth or fame. Nowadays, my answers begin to change quite a bit. It  is not that  to be rich and famous  have lost their lures completely, it is just I want something  much more than that in my life , I want to be  a kind, warm , caring person.  
I want to be strong  enough to admit errors and correct them at once, and I want to be strong enough to  allow others to feel safe, respectful and trustworthy when they are with me . And I want to be strong enough to have an always inquiring mind equipping me for continuous learning.
Put all my soul into it, play the way I feel
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-1-31 19:32 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 linegar 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 linegar 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Thanks to the rain, the roots whitened, the mosses greened,
Thanks to the rain, the floor mopped,the shadow pictured,
Thanks to the rain, the city showered,the view painted,
Thanks to the rain, the flowers opened,the dews beaded,
Thanks to the rain, the puddles pounded,the reflection mirrored.

发表于 2016-2-1 20:02 |显示全部楼层

I was informed that my colleague passed away on weekend. She was admitted to the hospital due to pneumonia. Unfortunately, she developed sepsis and died. I still can't believe it happened. I always take her as my role model. She is very nice and intelligent, patient and creative. I can't imagine how her children will lead a life without her. She is only in her early 50's I believe. Life is so unfair to her.
I feel very sad and shocked. Life is unpredictable.

发表于 2016-2-2 20:02 |显示全部楼层
I wish the friend that I have never met is successful in her job interview tomorrow !

发表于 2016-2-3 19:32 |显示全部楼层
Music is my life-long friend and companion. I can’t live without it.
I am able to enjoy many kinds of music as long as it makes me feel pleasant. My favorite music type ranges from pop to classic, from light rock roll to opera, from piano to saxophone, from instrumental music to songs. However, I prefer one kind to the others depending on what I am doing. When I am reading, I love to enjoy some light background music played on piano or violin. When house cleaning, jogging or on my way to somewhere, I like songs better and usually sing along.
Music is certainly multi-functional. The basic role is to entertain me. Delightful music brings me joy and happiness. A piece of light music helps me to relax and get rid of stress from work. When I am out of sorts, music is one of my best friends to soothe me and wipe away my tears. I choose either sad music to match and release my bad mood, or upbeat music to cheer myself up and ease my pain. I believe music expresses thoughts or tells stories. When I listen to music or songs, I feel like I am communicating with someone and reading someone’s mind. Music also echoes and resonates with one’s own feelings. A song or a piece of music might remind me of those good old days with my family or friends, or refresh my memories of an unforgettable experience, or bring me back to a touching scene. Sometimes I feel my spirit and soul have been thoroughly purified by listening to certain music and the poem-like lyrics inspire me. A song may also serve as a love-note or a thank-you-note to convey the affection and appreciation to those whom I love and concern for.
Nowadays scientific findings have shown that music promotes the development of the human brain and intelligence in early childhood. Music functions to wire the brain’s circuitry and also help to build up kids’ cognitive capacities as well, such as logical thinking, puzzle-solving ability, etc. Music-lovers are generally easy going, open-minded and much easier to communicate with than other people. Music is undoubtedly critical for the establishment of a good personality in both childhood and adulthood.
Music is one of the most beautiful languages in the world. Music bridges the distance between people. Music is the key to lead a healthy and colorful life.

发表于 2016-2-4 19:48 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-2-18 19:21 编辑

读书札记(一)
  What is the most dangerous game in the world? Based on Richard Connell’s fiction “The most dangerous game”, it is hunting human beings.
Rainsford was a very experienced hunter and thought hunting was the best sport in the world. He never realized and cared about the feelings of the preys, their fear of pain and death, until he himself was forced to be hunted on “ship-trap Island”.
The owner of ship-trap Island was Zaroff, a crazy hunter. When he was bored with conventional prey, he started to take humans as the only prey matching his skills and intelligence. Zaroff reconstructed the island in order to shipwreck people to be his targets. Rainsford was one of the victims.  
Being treated nicely by the seemingly genteel Zaroff, Rainsford did not sense he was actually in danger when he first met Zaroff. He naively thought Zaroff would set him free or ask him to hunt with. However, what Zaroff really planed was to take Rainsford as his experience-matched quarry. He expected the most exciting game in his life. Without any other choice, Rainsford managed to win the most dangerous live and death game over Zaroff. In this game, Rainsford thoroughly experienced the fear of pain and being killed as a prey.
  The ending of the story resolved all reader’s anxiety since Rainsford was back alive and killed Zaroff, which symbolized the righteousness finally beat the devil.

http://fiction.eserver.org/short/the_most_dangerous_game.html
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-2-5 19:57 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-2-18 19:21 编辑

Everybody has lots of stories in his life, short or long, happy or sad, good or bad, right or wrong. Story-telling is one of the major differences between human beings and other animals, in addition to creativity, rational thoughts and the ability to consider the future. There is a saying: “The universe is made of stories, not atoms”.
One’s life is composed of stories. His personalities have been built up and modified based on the stories he has experienced. He will be benefited from the stories no matter if he is willing or not. The more he plays in a story, the clearer he understands and accepts himself. While he is telling a story, he is meanwhile generating another one. If one’s life could be taken as a trip, his footprints would be analogized as his stories. Without it, one could hardly manifest where and who he really is.
As a story-teller, one re-thinks about himself while sharing his stories with others, and influences the audiences at the same time. One doesn’t have to be a good storyteller. Instead, any real story would be plausible, touching and meaningful.

Some thoughts

发表于 2016-2-7 19:45 |显示全部楼层
All in all,it was a very good party I went to yesterday.
Cheers ! Happy New Year !
Let's raise the cup high and toast to all those with whom we are associated-friends, families, neighbors, colleagues, acquaintances, and strangers! Our lives are made meaningful by the people around us. Let's not to forget to call our family and friends, offer small gifts to neighbors, extend  'Thank you' to colleagues, and give big smiles to strangers during a morning walk. But first and foremost, let's take a better care of ourselves. The best gift we can give back to the world is a happy and healthy self.  Happiness is contagious. If we are happy, we brought happiness to everyone and everything.

发表于 2016-2-8 19:28 |显示全部楼层
                                                                          Happy Chinese New Year

A letter from a friend of mine :        A star has 5 ends,
                                                                              A square has 4 ends,
                                                                              A triangle has 3 ends,
                                                                              A line has 2 ends,
                                                                              A life has one end.
                                                                 But I hope your happiness has no end.

Wish all of you a very Happy Chinese New Year !

发表于 2016-2-9 19:52 |显示全部楼层
This is not an easy topic to write about it.
Anyone who makes money in market is the winner.
No matter you are a well educated person (maybe you are a book smarter) or an ordinary person (maybe you are a street smarter), there are always some things in common.
You have to have a sense of feeling about the market. You can sense when it is a good time to invest your money, and in which areas you like to invest in.
You may learn all the tricks or all the rules on technical issues. However, those are only the basics and foundations you need to know. The rest will be how to manage your behaviors in market's ups and downs.
I don't think anyone is able to play in the stocks market in China. The reason is not only because of their lack of basic knowledge and experience about the markets, but also the purposes of their investing. However, the reality is nearly everyone is playing.
It is a good idea to follow the market by learning from different sources. I believe that your passion about investing is one of the powers that can take you where you want to be or to go.
In conclusion that IQ is not the only matter for making money in the market.

some thoughts

发表于 2016-2-10 19:34 |显示全部楼层
             When I checked my agenda today, I happened to see some inspiring words on the corner of my calendar(2015),which I never realized before. How careless I have been. I missed all those good things, which have been silently with me for such a long time. So I copied them and posted here. But the most important is to follow what it says.

Each life needs its own quiet place.
Change brings freshness.
It’s the little moments that make life big.
Nothing is difficult to those who have the will.
Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.
What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.
Don’t ask for an easier life; ask to be a stronger person.
The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live.
Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it.
Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction.
Taking nothing for granted, one will have good days or great days.
It isn’t the load that breaks us down, it’s the way we carry it.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-2-11 19:12 |显示全部楼层
It Is Better To Be Alone, Than In The Wrong Company.Tell me who your best friends are, and I will tell you who you are.  
If you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl.  But, if you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights.
"A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses."
The simple but true fact of life is that you become like those with whom you closely associate - for the good and the bad.
The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity.An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people.  As you grow, your associates will change.  Some of your friends will not want you to go on.  They will.want you to stay where they are.  Friends that don't help you climb will.want you to crawl.  Your friends will stretch your vision or choke your dreams.  Those that don't increase you will eventually decrease you.

发表于 2016-2-12 19:30 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-2-18 19:22 编辑

读书札记(二)
《Fantastic Night》was one of the Stefan Zweig's best short stories, in which the author depicted the psychological self-revelation of a well-to-do young Baron in early 20th century.  
The leading role Baron R was an elegant, noble, wealthy and good-looking young man with no ambition since he had everything he wanted. All upper social class popular hobbies, such as hunting, traveling and music or art performances, had failed to excite him. He was unhappy and his life enthusiasm extinguished.
  The fantastic night made him reborn. Actually it was not only the night, but also the afternoon, when he gave in to a moment's impulse and released a flood of emotions. Intoxicated by his own sensations, he went on a spree of unchecked wildness. He mischievously stole money in a horse gambling. After meeting a cheap, tasteless young prostitute, he was blackmailed by a man. Facing the man, he gradually overcame his fear and gained bravery. With new insight in himself, he finally spread his money like confetti on empty street. Meanwhile, he was satisfied with himself while imagining happy faces of people who found the money surprisingly and wisely used it.  The fantastic night switched his life path and rejuvenated him.
The story was intense and profound. The joy of psychological self-disclosure of a young man, and the rekindled passion for life were the most visible thread throughout the whole novel. Like Zweig showed us: “Once a man has found himself, there is nothing in this world that he can lose. And once he has understood humanity in himself, he will understand all human beings”.

Sorry for my poor English. I am unable to describe more about this novel. But it is highly worth-reading.

发表于 2016-2-13 19:40 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-2-18 19:23 编辑

I like reading a novel first and watch