新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 美不胜收的新西兰南岛-更新到第九天 (99楼) (2013-2-3) qinyi · 萱萱的CHILDCARE入学日记连载 -- 3月18日更新完毕 (2008-3-12) Mylittlelover
· 一个vb程序员的找工经历 (2004-12-17) daydream999 · 戏剧人生《花为媒》 (2008-4-29) Gardener
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:floraz

英语版活动《我的英语日记\句》 [复制链接]

发表于 2016-3-31 19:23 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 linegar 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 linegar 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
My auntie passed away yesterday. Words seem so useless at a time like this.
Auntie was a kind and beautiful person .whose memory will be cherished .

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 RIP

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-4-1 19:16 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 linegar 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 linegar 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Celtic Woman Someday Lyrics —  It is enjoyable and touching. Just fit in my taste. I love the lyric, very imspiring. We need inspirition in our rotine life, which will bring us some new feelings and experiences, even if it is only a song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ2DeUsspxY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rT0rhVhXnNA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wiZJP_XLmrQ

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 感谢分享

查看全部评分

Put all my soul into it, play the way I feel

发表于 2016-4-2 19:22 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-4-2 19:25 编辑

Keep a low profile in personal life, and high a profile at work
or Be aggressive in your pursuit, and keep low profile in everyday life

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 my boss once had it reversed.hahaha

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-3 20:29 |显示全部楼层
Tomorrow is Memorial Day in China.On the day I will especially remember with deep affection and respect my departed loved ones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEF4XihsBcI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2oc8KzsPBME

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 only on this day you can most of relati

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-4 20:24 |显示全部楼层
Reading :Nap boosts brain power

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 你太有才了

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-5 20:15 |显示全部楼层
If you worry about losing your health because the busy life you have, you are not alone. A question which the urban people always ask themselves is how to balance their life, but so far, nobody can provide a clear answer that is suitable for everyone since each one of us has different situation.
Of course, there is nothing wrong for most people that work is the first priority, because it is a important way to show their value of society, and earn resources of living, but no matter how busy you are, for the purpose of having good health,  you have to find the way and time to do something else that can balance out your fast paced life , for example,  workout, reading, hobbies etc, to avoid getting health problems.
Health problem won't happen overnight, it is result of accumulation of bad life style, don't wait until you suddenly feel dizzy or lack of energy, because it prompts your health has gone bad already, and without a good health, anything you do is meaningless.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 the best way is to keep you busy

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-4-6 20:08 |显示全部楼层
I donated 450ml blood yesterday. I felt a bit shameful since I haven't donated any blood since I came to this country.
Hope some day I can be brave enough to try bone marrow donation

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 hope my blood vessle has the hero's blo.

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-7 19:59 |显示全部楼层
Some people have the innate ability to bring out the best out of others while some people need others to bring the best out of them; the first category is fit to be the leader and the second the led -- and I am the LED

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 only one king in a country at a time.

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-8 20:48 |显示全部楼层
Everyone has the power to give, the best gift is to give yourself; everyone has the power to open to receiving. Giving and Receiving, is part of the life cycle; only with both, our world would become a complete universe

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 Giving and Receiving cycle

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-9 20:29 |显示全部楼层

There is very little difference in people.

But, that little difference
makes a big difference.
The little difference is attitude.
The big difference is whether
It is negative or positive!

---- Clement Stone

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/46897.W_Clement_Stone

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 is attitude everything?

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-10 15:46 |显示全部楼层
Among the days in each week, Sunday afternoon has never been my favorite time, because what I can smell in air isn’t the pleasure but pressure and anxiety.
The main street used to be jammed with people suddenly is empty. Only few people you possible see on street are all in hurry doing things like last-minute grocery shopping, or picking up the clothes from dry-clean store. Even the topics people like to talk in restaurant are changed to work related too, so a place is supposed to be a dinning place, now is more like a boardroom.
People also usually don’t like to watch serious TV programs at Sunday night either, in case they may have nightmares during the night. Therefore, all of TV stations would rather provide some cheap, shallow but cheerful reality shows on TV that hopefully they can bring viewers some sort of good mood, so they can bravely face the brutal world next day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list ... pe0&mode=NORMAL

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 not a good attitude to life

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-4-16 20:27 |显示全部楼层
When I was young,
I wish to grow up,
Grow up quick and fast,
So I could be away to the far, far land.
When I was young,
I was silent but unsettled,
Taken in all were said about me and to me,
Hoping to disappear and making them regret ther casual words.
When I was young,
I cannot bear if people told me I was just like my mom.
Now that I grow up,
I wish I were young,
Backing away,
Away to the age I am more accustomed to.
Now that I grow up,
I was quiet but settled,
Taken in all were said about me and to me,
Hoping to hold on to what I have missed and let go of what I have grasped by mistake.
Now that I grow up,
I wish I could grow old just like my mom,
Generous, wise, healthy and beautiful!

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 against my wish,too old now

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-17 20:39 |显示全部楼层
My friend in UK surprised me by calling this morning. We have not contacted each other for a long time. He behaved like an elder brother and I would unconsciously tell him everything. He was a tough guy, strong-minded and very aggressive. He always kept smile, which was the most charming part in his personality. So people around him tended to think he was the happiest guy in the world and he didn’t encounter any difficulties. Actually the truth was just the opposite. Simply benefiting from all of unexpected experiences, he established his optimistic personality. He used to tell me “ 苦中作乐,其乐无穷 ” 。 It is easy to say but hard to carry on. I was lucky to be with him and learn from him. I could not only pour my emotional garbage into him, the trash can, but also gained some comfort and valuable suggestion. He kidded me that he was a therapist for me. He used to tell me: don’t complain, just do it. Undoubtedly, things being complained about had passed. Complaints did no good but kill one’s confidence and courage. Trying to find the effective ways to solve the problem would be the next step

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 your complaints result ih his sack. they

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-18 20:30 |显示全部楼层

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 read a lot

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-19 20:09 |显示全部楼层

Just finished the book "Fat Envelop Frenzy", which is about undergrad admissions. This book is very inspiring. But I don't want to write anything now. Only theories and principles are not enough.

This post is only for my own record.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 and the file clerk

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-20 20:39 |显示全部楼层
No room for value to rise unless the value first goes down to allow it to rise again

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 then go down and rise

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-4-21 20:27 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-9-24 20:28 编辑

" A choice is not really a choice, until you act upon it."
If you decide to act on your best beliefs, then, don't follow through---you are buying into "indecision."
Indecision and procrastination are what we do to avoid the responsibility of putting our choices into action. If you find yourself always in a state of indecision, perhaps you are trying to do too much and need to break things down into smaller digestible steps. Perhaps your decision is not in line with your values or some important aspect of your life. You may need to reevaluate what you are trying to do.
Remember that you will never know if a decision is right or wrong until it's acted upon. Every important decision involves risk and sometimes trade-off. If you have a decision to make, make it today. And, more important, act on it .

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 always would rather....than

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-22 20:41 |显示全部楼层
You can make it only when you believe,
You see what you want to see,
You will be bored if things keep the same all the time.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 How Your Eyes Deceive You

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-29 20:22 |显示全部楼层
Do you care about the orientation of a building? You may not. However, if you believe in Feng Shui, you will.
Feng Shui originated from ancient China and is considered as part of Chinese culture. Nowadays, it has already been spread to the Western countries. Feng Shui doctrine was substantially influenced by Chinese traditional philosophy, mathematics, psychology, astrology. It has been extensively applied and especially focused on architecture. Based on Feng Shui principles, both the exterior environment and the interior decoration could influence people’s daily lives. So people should select a certain location with specific surroundings to build their houses. Besides, people should decorate in a certain way to meet their maximum potential.

To be continued

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 when u believe it ,it is there.

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-4-30 20:20 |显示全部楼层
Chinese Feng Shui simply means “wind and water”, which are normally thought of flow. So the essence of Feng Shui lies in the compatibility between human activities and the rule of nature. Abiding by the law and order of the universe, human beings will benefit. In my point of view, Feng Shui theory was generally established on the ancient Chinese Taoism and emphasized the harmony of human beings and the universe. This old notion has been widely accepted in modern society. However, I’d rather take Feng Shui as a psychological suggestion than a scientific policy. Feng Shui, like a kind of mysterious power, exerts both positive and negative influences on people’s judgment. For instance, people with a good Feng Shui state tend to be satisfied with their current status and be confident in their future. On the contrary, with bad Feng Shui, one may have a lot of misfortunes or troubles and have to modify the way they are living. Do not blame Feng Shui if one is not successful. Because Feng Shui is only a psychological guide, not a master.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 风水轮流转

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-1 20:20 |显示全部楼层
Getting up at 6:30 in the early morning, I started to arrange my wardrobe. I found my rose grey sweater. It reminded me of the novel The Thorn Bird.
Because of this touching novel, I started to love the color of rose grey. Whenever I wear my rose grey sweater, I can’t stop thinking of this love story, of Meggie’s persistent love to Ralph. She was like the thorn bird, pursuing and devoting her love in her whole life even if at the time when Ralph could not give his love to her. Women are thought to be slaves of love. However, What is true love? It is a very hard and tricky question. We may easily rule out what true love doesn’t look like. In this story, true love is persist, forgiveness, freedom and support. To me, love is as difficult as being loved. But still, I prefer this half-bitter half-sweet, half-joy, half-sorrow feeling. At least, someone is worth being loved, living in my heart. At least, there is a person that I would like to think, miss and love. Life is granted with receiving and losing. So does love. Trying to balance the receiving and the losing is actually our daily life.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 true love doesn’t look like

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-5-6 20:25 |显示全部楼层
If you only have one choice of being either a career woman or a full time housewife/mother, which one would you like to select? this is a woman’s dilemma in modern society.
Before Women’s Liberation Movement in 1960s, women were considered as second-class people and had been cultivated to accept the belief of being inferior physically and mentally to men. Women didn’t have rights to vote, to obtain formal education, to be independent financially. Women, to some degree, were thought merely reproductive machines and their jobs were only limited to homes. Since women’s consciousness for equal civil rights as men had have been fully wakened, women have won the same educational opportunities as men have and therefore become professionals in almost every field. However, in terms of female’s biological intrinsic characteristics in this men-dominated society, women could bump into the quandary ---- be a full time housewife or a career woman?

To be continued

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 tomorrow is mother's day.say something .

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-7 20:37 |显示全部楼层
In my point of view, this dilemma does not universally apply for all women and in all situations. Whether it is a real dilemma highly depends on many influential factors, such as the woman’s personality, financial state, etc. For instance, women who are less aggressive and ambitious with a steady financial support may tend to be housewives while those who determinedly pursue and fulfill their occupational dreams may not prefer giving up their careers for an easy and prepared life. In some cases, women have to stop their careers for a period of time as they have to focus on raising their young children. These women will carry on their careers as soon as their children are good enough to basically take care of themselves. So generally speaking, the dilemma can not be taken as black or white. It is difficult to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages for a woman to be at home or to fight in the competitive specialized areas.
Women could sacrifice their careers a bit for their families. However, completely leaving their careers behind for marriage or child-care is not a wise choice in my opinion. To a woman, having a career is not only for obtaining financial support for the whole family, most importantly for being independent. A career is indispensable for women to gain some profound insights about themselves, to establish their own confidence, to keep their own individualities and to develop their potential.  All of these will benefit their children and families sooner or later. As a modern woman, one should balance out her work and family life.
Our society is developing. The social roles of men and women are varying too. Nowadays, while people are much more open-minded, the family’s stereotype is not status-quo any more. Men and women share family responsibilities shoulder to shoulder. Alternatively, men could be house husbands while their wives’ careers are more promising. Under these circumstances, will men suffer this dilemma too?

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-8 15:21 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-5-10 20:39 编辑

Mom, do you miss me in heaven?
The little sapling you planted xx years ago,
has grown to a beautiful towering tree
Dad said I was the very portrait of you
I know that it is true
How many times I climbed that tree, calling you,
Mom, I miss you. I miss you, Mom...
Happy mother's day to you in heaven !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRpBUbyuWkQ

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 mom's love lasts forever

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-12 20:43 |显示全部楼层
To be truly happy in your career you need to find the right kind of work for you. Not something you think you should do or something somebody else wants you to do.
Some women like to lead, others prefer to follow, some are independent and others prefer to be part of a team. There is no right or wrong. Ask yourself " what feels right for me?" " How can I use my unique and nature talents?" " How can I bring out the best in myself and provide it to others as a service?"
Dare to take the steps toward finding your own true path by answering the questions above. You'll discover what comes naturally and what activities make you the happiest.
Best of all, you'll feel genuine satisfaction and pride when you spend your days doing something you value.
Today's affirmation: I spend my days doing what I value.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 我很赞同

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-13 20:30 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-9-24 20:30 编辑

Having clear standards and values to which you are committed makes getting through life much easier. With a foundation like this, you never second guess yourself. You always know you are doing what you believe in and what is the best for you.
Women that know and practice their beliefs have high levels of self-esteem and confidence. They are comfortable with who they are and the purpose of their lives.
The more clearly defined your values and ideas, the more committed you are to living up to them. Take stock of your values. Are you living a life that reflects them? If not, you know what to do.
I know what my values are and living up to them.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 learn a lot from your diary.thks

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-5-14 20:43 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 linegar 于 2016-5-14 21:09 编辑

There is little Western culture heritage in my blood. Nonetheless, it doesn’t hinder me from preferring some names to others.
Am I crazy and picky? Maybe. My principles to favor some names over others are a name should :1) sound beautiful (so I love calling it), 2) be easily spelt (no time to figure out the complicated spelling and pronunciation in this high efficiency world), 3) attach to people I like. Helen, for instance, is related to Helen Keller; John to Pope John Paul II. If one’s name is Bill, I would link it up to Bill Gates or Bill Clinton, both are rich, famous and powerful.
Come on. A name is only a symbol and nothing to do with one’s achievement. A voice rises. Well, true and false. A name is more than a symbol. It is like one’s appearance, voice or handwriting, which could be very impressive to others. Specificity is also counted. Don’t you see many celebrities change their names once they become popular? Similarly, a catchy title is like a hook, which will undoubtedly draw reader’s attention in terms of a blog or an essay. Am I alone to be so superficial or snobbish? Who will admit how good you are inward or how intriguing the essay is without being hooked first?
Name is like look. Looks open the door. So is name, isn't it?

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 不怕生错地,就怕起错名。

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-15 20:11 |显示全部楼层
Speaking of Chinese names, I love names in 琼瑶's novels, which applauded her deep oriental cultural connotation. In her novels, the girls’ names were feminine and graceful while the boys’ were delicate and genteel. (Sorry for my poor English. I hope somebody would like to help me describe precisely). The names were as beautiful as a poem and provided people with more imagination on the roles’ personalities. Will a name impact one’s characteristics as blood type does fundamentally, especially the names designed based on Chinese traditional astrology, which will vaguely predict one’s future?
I guess one of the fun parts of having a baby is to name him/her. It may also be the most difficult part. Parents wish the words in the baby’s name would cover all their good wishes. They also wish the baby could have more than one name, which would represent their different expectations. Unfortunately, the fact doesn’t work that way. Now the internet offers thousands of candidates. However, picking up the right one is still pain in the ass. A name tells the social fashion in a certain era. Does it ring a bell of something familiar? Looking back on Culture Revolution, many names were burned with revolution-related words. Another example is, more and more neutral names reasonably emerged with the emancipation of women. But I stealthily hope women’s feminine charm will not be negatively impacted and still follow the right track, such as elegance and forgiveness, which will help to unearth and build up masculine power. Am I too conservative? Well, at least, nothing wrong of being conservative.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-18 21:02 |显示全部楼层
once in a while, you silently appear
if you are a man, must a good friend
if a woman, you must be my dear
who then? o, i am on my wit's end
whoever you are, or you will be
a heart-felt thank you now from me
wherever you go, whatever you do
my best wishes are forever with you

评分

参与人数 1积分 +4 收起 理由
bigcrow + 4 once,then forever

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-5-19 20:25 |显示全部楼层
Women who believe money is only measure of prosperity are likely to spend their lives falling short. Conversely, those who see prosperity in terms of wealth of happiness, tend to believe their lives are full riches, which in itself attracts more and more.
Today, take stocks of what you have in your life. Instead of focusing on what you don't have, put your attention to the rewards you have already received and those that are all around you waiting to be appreciated.
Reflect on you loved ones, your surroundings and your talents---for you are prosperous indeed

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
bigcrow + 2 你太有才了

查看全部评分

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部