新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· PB的动物世界---第四辑:SYD Widelife游记(58楼) (2008-11-7) Pluggedboy · 江山如此多娇 - 老陶推荐一个好去处 (新加了点自己的感触) (2008-9-19) 老陶
· 美丽的鞭策 (2006-11-12) 大玉儿 · 《动物的天堂》--代替舅舅发原创帖 (2004-12-10) leeshine
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:Perth-newcomer

[创业交流] 刚开业可真难熬啊! [复制链接]

发表于 2011-6-29 14:37 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 emmaxrw 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 emmaxrw 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
生意上老板的观察力和脑力劳动是关键,新店需要慢慢培养一套科学的管理方法,这个靠你老公一个人在店里很难办到,lz还是转成part time吧
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-6-29 15:47 |显示全部楼层

回复 aq0621 240# 帖子

此文章由 jianwang1970 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jianwang1970 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Hi, my friend, you have some good examples of how to make $100K with $300K *investment*. However, LZ and her LG don't have any experiences in food business (I assume). How you want them to work day-in and day-out in the mum-and-dad shop?

SC is not as good as street front, but you have much less chance in SC to be robbed with short-gun pointed to your head, "give me the money!" (I have this experience myself, and I told myself that I will NEVER go back to that type of business)

Once LZ and her LG pass this difficult period and have accumulated some experiences, they cam start doing as what you suggest above. And more so, they can start up a business themselves ( i am sure that every franchisee has this in his/her mind before s/he join the system).

So, the most important step for LZ and her LG is to push the sales up. And in my mind, sell the bloody business once you reach above $2000 per day ... But I don't know how long is your lease though ...

Being honest with everyone, (don't through brick to me if you don't agree), the franchise that LZ joined is NOT a good one. I have seen a few of them in SC in Sydney. To me, the operation is very complicated. You need a kitchen in the back to cook food, and you need fast sandwich hand in front to serve customer. Both suggest that you need MATURE work force. Kids just cannot handle this type of work even though they are paid much less (I am not talking about cash-in-hand; proper pay)

Look at MCs and KFC, you can see how many juniors they are using; but one the other hand, the process of their work is extremely streamlized. I have been thrown burger in front me on the counter at MCs. But so what? This is MCs.

Unfortunately, LZ, you cannot do that to your customers. You need to be nice to them and so on and so for. But how much does it cost to get those mature labor? You are not from Greece, you are not from Italy, you are not from Libanon, where are you going to find those mum, dad, cousin, daughter, and son, who speaks in fluent English (but with strong ascent) and can make joke to your customers?

I am sure that you have made enough mistakes so far when serving customers, as we are from different culture!!!! We don't eat the bloody turkey with Cranberry sauce on a Wholemeal bread during most of times in our life (LZ, have you EVER eaten one in your life before starting this business?) This factor made us in a weaker situation compared to competitors locally.

There are another problem with this business, that is the Australian franchise. This is a huge country but with little population. The market is only this big. A lot of franchises started their franchise just because s/he had TWO (2) (two is more than enough) business that both running well for the sake of GOD. Then, they think they can make more and more money if they sell the business (not even a model) to franchisees. And they started talking to investors who knows little about now-a-days QSR, but greedy enough to start the franchise.

The above is why you can see so many franchises in this little country. But, compare the standard of Aus franchises to international ones, you will see that Aus ones are very very very immature. And the end result is that those who join them suffer. I seriously mean SUFFER.

A lot franchises don't really care about your NET profit if they take fee out of % of your TURNOVER. Therefore, the more they can open, the better. For those small ones, such LZ has joined, they want to promote their images, therefore, stick their head hardly into big, 1-tier SC, even though they know the fact that the franchisee will suffer because of the high rent and new brand. They only know that now they have a site at ** WF with possibly high turnover, and they will secure income from this site ...

Sounds funny? but still many of us entering into those small/new franchise because the big brothers such as MCs don't give you a shit (only if you have around $6M in cash to invest) or too expensive to buy ...

Enough theory? OK, let me share some of my real experiences with you to tell you that why I think Sandwich Bar is not a good choice.

I bought a franchise business in a SC in Syd. When I took over the business, its sales is around $14.5K per week, and there is a Sandwich Shop in the same food court with turnover of $34K per week. This shop is even managed by a old Greek couple with 40+ experiences.

In two weeks time, I pushed the sales to $18K; one month, $19K; two months, $20K; five months, $22K. Then I had enough and left the store under-management. Guess whats turnover of the other Sandwich Shop now? dropped to $22 - $24K. They were forced to sell their business from then, but no one will buy it because the sales is dropping .... and look over the counter, you see all their friends and family members working hard inside. Where you can find them if you take over?

I don't have any magic in pushing sales. Simply, focusing on customer service, finding the most efficient operation system within the franchise system, and asking your staff to work QUICKLY QUICKLY QUICKLY. But an important aspect of all above is that that is a food franchise system which enables me to do the above.

Cheers.

评分

参与人数 11积分 +45 收起 理由
raylai + 2 感谢分享
kur7 + 6 偶对你的景仰如滔滔江水
aumount + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-6-29 15:56 |显示全部楼层

回复 jianwang1970 242# 帖子

此文章由 jianwang1970 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jianwang1970 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Sorry. I messed the last sentence. I mean
"But an important aspect of all is that it is a good franchise system which enables me to do the above"

Happy reading.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +4 收起 理由
Wangmingtaoau + 4 谢谢奉献

查看全部评分

头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2011-6-29 16:17 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 芒果飘香 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 芒果飘香 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
总结楼上的长篇,楼主的生意只有两种可能,一是一直赔钱维持不下去只能卖掉退出;或是把SC里做其他相同生意的客源抢过来,最终导致其他生意维持不下去最终赔钱卖掉退出。
好残酷呀

发表于 2011-6-29 16:17 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 chiny 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 chiny 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
MC 4 LZ:
A: Resign current job, work as a H&W team
B: Leave it, let hubby keep struggling alone
C: Breach of contract with franchisor& SC
D: Push sales hardly till xmas, then consider selling
房租是硬伤, 改不鸟, RENT+OUTGOING 15W一年滴新店基本上是总部或老手开滴, 而不是新手开滴~~PUSH SALE以后再卖,
刚开始时候一些marketing, P&A techniques是要应用于day to day operation中去滴, 而不是远程操控可以实现, 守到pre-xmas, 那时候Taking 因该能去到一个peak, 做2K一天应该不难达到

发表于 2011-6-29 16:38 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 eric_hl88 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 eric_hl88 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 chiny 于 2011-6-29 16:17 发表
MC 4 LZ:
A: Resign current job, work as a H&W team
B: Leave it, let hubby keep struggling alone
C: Breach of contract with franchisor& SC
D: Push sales hardly till xmas, then consider selling
房租是硬 ...

如果是我,我选A
原因lz如果去了curtin 大学的那个工作,后来就算给你找到5w 的full time,又怎样,你店里不还要请个full time人也要付工钱的,没差多少。又不是7,8w的工,多出的钱还能补贴房贷。
夫妻合力,其利断金呀,和老公一起拼一把,如果生意好了最好,不好就选 C,D,这是天意,你自己也努力过了,不后悔。 总之你的那份4w的 part time最不值得可惜,你以后分分钟拿得回。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-6-29 16:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 靠谱的不多 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 靠谱的不多 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
写英文的大侠意见很中肯。
根儿错了你后天努出血也不成。
谁不知道做生意要提高销售,控制成本,保证质量,热情待客?
一般新店开张,客人大多是抱着尝尝新鲜的态度去吃的,老外多懂事儿呀,吃完都说好,都说会再来,你要连这个都信我觉得你就太幼稚了。其实,老客人,那些每天都来光顾的客人都是不怎么爱说话的,闹的欢的都不靠谱。
你的这个店,刚开业就发觉客人进来看看就走了,这个很不正常,所以说是总公司的问题,他们的产品没有竞争力,当然花你的钱培养人家的品牌人家当然愿意了。

评分

参与人数 2积分 +8 收起 理由
hsmw + 4 谢谢奉献
Wangmingtaoau + 4 谢谢奉献

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-6-29 17:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 靠谱的不多 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 靠谱的不多 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
偶像说等等卖,这个前提是taking确实能在短期内做上去,6个月翻一翻的买卖就可以留着自己干了。
现在卖好骗,新店嘛,有发展空间,再说也不是说卖就能卖掉的,中间环节又不是那么简单,你总需要几个月吧,圣诞节前把下家骗到手,接店就发现taking处于上升中,说不定还要感激你一番,明年傻不傻就不管喽。

发表于 2011-6-29 17:19 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 GKZ 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 GKZ 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 靠谱的不多 于 2011-6-29 16:52 发表
写英文的大侠意见很中肯。
根儿错了你后天努出血也不成。
谁不知道做生意要提高销售,控制成本,保证质量,热情待客?
一般新店开张,客人大多是抱着尝尝新鲜的态度去吃的,老外多懂事儿呀,吃完都说好,都说会再来,你要连这个都信我 ...

实话

发表于 2011-6-29 17:38 |显示全部楼层

回复 GKZ 249# 帖子

不是每个人都有勇气说实话的。
说实话也要讲实力,就是说,你说了,别人还不能拿你怎么样。

发表于 2011-6-29 17:57 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 carolyy 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 carolyy 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
看着我都替LZ着急,加油~~~
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-6-29 18:25 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 dakeai 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 dakeai 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
写英文的高手说的都是实在话。
我觉得没有经验,没有足够的资金支撑不能进sc.

发表于 2011-6-29 18:34 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 INMOST 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 INMOST 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
别急。别急。只想安慰下楼主。
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2011-6-29 18:48 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 微胖儿 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 微胖儿 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
242楼很中肯啊.

我本想加一个奶茶店的, 不知道靠谱不? CHATTIME要23万.

发表于 2011-6-29 19:30