新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· BRISBANE北区买房记 (2009-4-11) yz3183 · 自己动手装天窗 (2015-6-25) daniello
· Building Albany 40 with Carlisle in Somerfield, Keysboroug-Carlisle很负责,是个好builde (2011-5-23) cathrine_fu · Pajero Sport Exceed MY 17 提车评测---车卖了 (2017-3-21) iamwhoami
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:洋八路

英文小说佳句欣赏 [复制链接]

2010年度奖章获得者

发表于 2011-4-8 22:17 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 JuJu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 JuJu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
So it just unfolded. When you do something for the right reason, the mission is authentic,  goals are reached and the world responds to it with recongnition and affection, they buy it.

描述如果你为正确的理由去做一件事, 常常就是很容易被周围世界所受落的.

评分

参与人数 2积分 +4 收起 理由
Grange + 2 感谢分享
洋八路 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-4-9 09:46 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 洋八路 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 洋八路 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
10.  Even in the heart of the city, the Royal Library seemed remote, an island of silence in the great noise and bustle, like a monastery or prison.   By David Whish-Wilson [The Summons]

-- 文字简单,但 ‘图书馆在闹市中的孤独和冷清’写的很有感觉。

评分

参与人数 3积分 +8 收起 理由
floraz + 3 可是把library比作monastery和prison...umm ...
Grange + 2 感谢分享
JuJu + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

2010年度奖章获得者

发表于 2011-4-10 00:38 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 JuJu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 JuJu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
He stepped up to my chair, my jaw tightened but I managed to hold my head steady. he reached over and gently touched my earlobe.
I gasped as if I had been holding my breath under water.
He rubbed  the swollen lobe between his thumb and finger, then pulled it taut, with his other hand he inserted the earring wire in the hole and pushed it through, a pain like fire jolted through me and brought tears to my eyes.    "Girl with a pearl earring"

这本书勉强可以算得上"名著"吧. 一段千徊百转细腻隐忍的爱情。(小说比电影含蓄得多) 这好象是全书里面两人最为亲密的一刻, 是说为了画像, 画家为Griet带上耳环,. 沉默内敛的画家, 对他早已情愫暗生的Griet, 相信那个眼泪, 不只是耳环穿过耳垂的痛, 更是无法诉说的爱的痛.

[ 本帖最后由 JuJu 于 2011-4-10 10:36 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 2积分 +6 收起 理由
floraz + 4 感谢分享
洋八路 + 2 "a pain like fire jolted through me

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-4-10 09:48 |显示全部楼层

回复 JuJu 64# 帖子

此文章由 Grange 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Grange 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
"my jar tightened"? jaw?

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
floraz + 2 thanks

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-4-10 10:23 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 alias-unknown 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 alias-unknown 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 JuJu 于 2011-4-7 22:58 发表
The conflict we experience is both cultural and socio-economic and it has taken a long, torrid journey to reach a point of trust and love between us, which is constantly challenged.

We always have those whispers in the background, but we just brush all that racism bullshit aside because we have bigger fishs to catch than those little gammon ones.

which one is better to replace here: fish or fishes?

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
floraz + 2 thanks

查看全部评分

2010年度奖章获得者

发表于 2011-4-10 10:35 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 Grange 于 2011-4-10 09:48 发表
"my jar tightened"? jaw?

呵, typo, 改正了.
Advertisement
Advertisement

2010年度奖章获得者

发表于 2011-4-10 10:36 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 alias-unknown 于 2011-4-10 10:23 发表

which one is better to replace here: fish or fishes?

已改正.

2010年度奖章获得者

发表于 2011-4-10 10:57 |显示全部楼层
The friendship with Husky was always there but it was a slow-burning thing. It just seemed to get stronger as time went on.  Our personalities are very different in some ways. I'm more volatile and emotional than Husky. I see him as extremely steady......

I think we're a strong example of how friendship can be enduring and loyal. We're different but we enjoy the complementarity of each other's personalities. We might have had ambitions of more worldly goods and more power but we've blessed with good health and the ability to pursue our careers…

描写两个男人57年的友谊, 尽管在一些政治观点, 宗教信仰和个人性格上的差异...

评分

参与人数 2积分 +14 收起 理由
floraz + 6 简单易懂~
bulaohu + 8 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-4-10 11:48 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 洋八路 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 洋八路 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
11.  Heaven above was blue, and earth beneath was green; the river glistened like a path of diamonds in the sun, the birds poured forth their songs from the shady trees, the lark soared high above the waving corn, and the deep buzz of insects filled the air.   Charles Dickens  [Nicholas Nickleby]

--   景物描写。。

评分

参与人数 2积分 +5 收起 理由
JuJu + 2 感谢分享
floraz + 3 生动~

查看全部评分

英文写作老师

发表于 2011-4-11 09:15 |显示全部楼层
12.  His lips shaped into an automatic smile.    Catherine Gaskin [The File on Devlin]

-- 形象

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
JuJu + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

2010年度奖章获得者

发表于 2011-4-11 10:31 |显示全部楼层
My wife and I have been hunting for baby names for the better part of eight months and, with four weeks to go, we're sweating. My wife clings to the certainty that "it will come to us". I am less philosophical - this is going to require work.
The Beckhams' approach of naming your child after the place of conception is, sadly, not for us, after we trace the deed back to the Pittwater Youth Hostel. It didn't work for our first child, either; he would have been called Kitchen Sink.

笔调相当幽默, 不知道你们觉得好笑不, 反正把我逗笑了.

评分

参与人数 2积分 +6 收起 理由
floraz + 4 哈哈
洋八路 + 2 我笑了55%左右,因为不懂reference。。

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-4-11 11:27 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bulaohu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bulaohu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
what reference you need to understand it?

发表于 2011-4-11 11:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bulaohu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bulaohu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处