新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 婚姻就是一纸对赌协议,不可预见。婚前唯一有用线索就是对方的父母和家庭 (2014-4-3) Hillwang · 《年底税务知识分享 (1) -最容易被忽视的税务回扣》 (2008-6-9) Artcore
· 盆栽莲藕经验总结 (2018-9-9) 瓜农 · 热力四射的钻石国度--南非纸醉金迷行 (2005-1-5) 妖花痴艳
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 73421|回复: 1413

CA (Chartered Accountant)/Tax Agent/会计 - 在线解答各类Tax/Accounting问题 [复制链接]

发表于 2009-2-18 21:01 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 shuangchao 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 shuangchao 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
If anyone here have a tax/accounting related question, please feel free to post here. i will try to get back to you asap. Your question will be answered by a qualified accountant.

please note depending on the area you are enquiring about, it is often not possible to provide a specific answer without conducting a formal interview. in doubt, please consult with an accountant you trust before making an important decision. Other accountants in this forum please do not hesitate to provide your opinion.

[ 本帖最后由 shuangchao 于 2010-6-9 09:49 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 6积分 +41 收起 理由
幸福的准妈妈 + 2 谢谢奉献
zzgirl + 2 感谢分享
applenet + 5 谢谢奉献

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-2-18 21:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 blessing8 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 blessing8 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
thanks

发表于 2009-2-19 00:27 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 janine 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 janine 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
question: my friend, income about $100k, do you have any good advice for him to get more tax rebate or any investment advice to reduce income tax?

发表于 2009-2-19 16:27 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 shuangchao 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 shuangchao 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 janine 于 2009-2-19 01:27 发表
question: my friend, income about $100k, do you have any good advice for him to get more tax rebate or any investment advice to reduce income tax?

Janine,

Your question is not very specific, the best i could do is to provide some generic answers that may or may not assist your friend.

First of all, i have to assume that we are talking about an individual here, possibly receiving employment income.

there are a number of things an individual can consider doing to reduce his tax liabilities.

Neogotiate a salary package arrangement with his employer
Bring some work related expenditure into the current financial year, this will largely depend on his earning in the following year, the benefit is often minimal.
Make extra superannuation contribution, how much he can put in will depend his age.
Consider purchase income protection insurance if work hasn't already bought it for him.
Investing in property, negatively geared property has always been a popular tool to lower income tax payable. but he needs to be aware of the capital gain consequences.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
CMAO + 3 我很赞同

查看全部评分

发表于 2009-2-23 00:38 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 LONELYMELBOURNE 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 LONELYMELBOURNE 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Hi buddy

I have a question as follows, would you mind giving me some tips?

If A company issues convertible notes to get fund by incurring legal costs and investment banking fees, what is the GST implications of issuing the convertible notes and the cost incurred? (assuming that A has registered for GST).

Thanks.

发表于 2009-2-23 11:20 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 LONELYMELBOURNE 于 2009-2-23 01:38 发表
Hi buddy

If A company issues convertible notes to get fund by incurring legal costs and investment banking fees, what is the GST ...

The issues of convertible notes would be characterised as a financial supply, therefore, it is generally input taxed. This has significant implications in relation to the company’s entitlement to input tax credits.

Generally speaking, the company is not entitled to input tax credits if the acquisition relate to a input taxed supply. Therefore the GST on the legal costs and other fees relating to issuing of the convertible shares, can not be claimed by the company in my opinion.

All the above are the conclusion i made by applying the basic GST rules.

Be mindful, there are more complex GST rules in relation to financial supplies. e.g FAT threshold.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +10 收起 理由
steveking + 10 谢谢奉献

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-2-23 13:24 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 LONELYMELBOURNE 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 LONELYMELBOURNE 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 shuangchao 于 23-2-2009 12:20 发表

The issues of convertible notes would be characterised as a financial supply, therefore, it is generally input taxed. This has significant implications in relation to the company’s entitlement to ...

Thanks very much. Can I ask if the notes are purchased by both resident and non-resident, then whether the GST on the notes purchased by non-resident is GST free? Will the De minimis rule be breached?

Do you know any tax ruling which is relevant to this? Thanks.

[ 本帖最后由 LONELYMELBOURNE 于 2009-2-23 14:26 编辑 ]

发表于 2009-2-23 16:09 |显示全部楼层
When the company issue convertible notes to non-residents, they should be classified as GST-free supplies as per subdivision 38E of GST act.
Once again, i think the FAT (financial acquisitions threshold) may apply in this case. the FAT i believe is $50000, that is, the amount of input tax credits in relation to financial supplies or 10% of entitlement to all acqusition in a 12 months period.
if your company's acquisition is below the threshold, you may be entitled to all claims, alternatively, only the part relating to GST-free supplies.
The above comment is merely a guide, and hopefully it points you to the right direction.

发表于 2009-2-23 17:26 |显示全部楼层
Thanks, buddy. You are legend....

发表于 2009-2-23 17:46 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 courier 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 courier 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
才看到这个帖子,牛人,顶一下

发表于 2009-2-23 19:30 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 shuangchao 于 23-2-2009 17:09 发表
When the company issue convertible notes to non-residents, they should be classified as GST-free supplies as per subdivision 38E of GST act.
Once again, i think the FAT (financial acquisitions thresh ...

BTW, i think the de minimus rule i.e.FAT is only applied to financial supplies. Thanks.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-2-23 20:58 |显示全部楼层
Hi David

Can I ask another question?

- Company A acquired 100% shares in company B
- Company A is renowned for acquiring businesses, streamlining the financials of the business and exiting the business within 3 to 5 years.
- What are the key income tax consequences for company A of existing company B's investment. (Assume the relevant owner is a resident and small business concessions are excluded)

Thanks in advance.

发表于 2009-2-23 21:07 |显示全部楼层
How does company A exit the business normally? by that i mean, does it sell its shares to others? sell the business? or simply cease trading? more details needed

发表于 2009-2-23 21:11 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 MyMelody 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 MyMelody 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我有一些interest income, 那bank charges 可以claim as a deduction 吗?
谢谢

发表于 2009-2-23 21:18 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 courier 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 courier 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Hi shuangchao,

Can I ask you a question?

Re: Transferring assets within the group,

Which one is dealt with this situation, Div 122 Rollover for disposal of assets to
wholly-owned company  or Div 126 Same-asset rollovers?

Thanks ahead

[ 本帖最后由 courier 于 2009-2-23 22:23 编辑 ]
人情留一线,日后好相见

发表于 2009-2-23 21:31 |显示全部楼层
My melody, are you talking about the type of bank account that you use everyday? if so, then no.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-2-23 21:50 |显示全部楼层
LONELY MELBOURNE & courier, are you guys asking me questions from your CA / CPA studies? i am mentoring a few graduates going through their CA programs at the moment, and your questions sound awfully lot like CA program questions.

2007 年度奖章获得者 参与宝库编辑功臣 飞天奖章

发表于 2009-2-23 21:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 astina 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 astina 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 shuangchao 于 2009-2-23 22:50 发表
LONELY MELBOURNE & courier, are you guys asking me questions from your CA / CPA studies? i am mentoring a few graduates going through their CA programs at the moment, and your questions sound awfully  ...

哈哈,这事像courier做的
于无声处听惊雷

发表于 2009-2-23 21:53 |显示全部楼层
不是CA的,不过我看到他的问题好像和我的一样,嘿嘿。

是applied tax的

发表于 2009-2-23 21:54 |显示全部楼层
明天交作业,在写论文呢。
rule差不多都查出来了,论文要求70%的通过率,不太敢下手判断

[ 本帖最后由 courier 于 2009-2-23 22:56 编辑 ]

发表于 2009-2-23 22:16 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 JeffShen 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 JeffShen 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 shuangchao 于 2009-2-23 22:31 发表
My melody, are you talking about the type of bank account that you use everyday? if so, then no.

why not? as the bank charge such as monthly accounting fee (eg commonwealth bank charge $4 per month for streamline and net saving bank a/c),is relevant and nexus to the interest income you earned. Therefore it is allowed for deduction.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-2-23 22:20 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 courier 于 2009-2-23 22:18 发表
Hi shuangchao,

Can I ask you a question?

Re: Transferring assets within the group,

Which one is dealt with this situation, Div 122 Rollover for disposal of assets to
wholly-owned company  or ...

If i understand your question correctly, I believe the answer you looking for is Div 122 Rollover for disposal of assets to wholly-owned company asset.

Division 122, allow a roll-over when an entity transfers an asset, or the net assets of a business, to a company that it wholly owns. Division 122 also allows a roll-over where an entity creates certain assets in a wholly-owned company.

Good luck with you assignment

评分

参与人数 1积分 +6 收起 理由
courier + 6

查看全部评分

发表于 2009-2-23 22:22 |显示全部楼层
太谢谢啦。 开动啦。明天来加分

发表于 2009-2-23 22:33 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 JeffShen 于 2009-2-23 23:16 发表

why not? as the bank charge such as monthly accounting fee (eg commonwealth bank charge $4 per month for streamline and net saving bank a/c),is relevant and nexus to the interest income you earned ...

the everyday account we use is 99% private, we use them to buy goods at shop, pay for petrol etc etc the bank charge in relation to this type of account, should not be claimed as a deduction. The interest on it is minimal anyway.
it will be a different story if its a business account or some sort of investment/saving deposit/cash management account. in this case, you can use your nexus arguement.

发表于 2009-2-24 00:07 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 shuangchao 于 23-2-2009 22:50 发表
LONELY MELBOURNE & courier, are you guys asking me questions from your CA / CPA studies? i am mentoring a few graduates going through their CA programs at the moment, and your questions sound awfully  ...

Hi David

Sorry for the late reply. You are really smart. I am doing the final project for the EBA module, to be honest, i really want to get it through and no more exams in my life. Hope you do not mind.

As for the question I asked, the background info did not mention how company A will exit. As the question asking for the key income tax consequences rather than GST consequences, so I assume that there is no difference between sale of shares and sale of going concern. As it should be treated as a trading stock which is acquired and sold in the normal course of business. If it is the case, the key income tax consequences i can think are

assessable income under s.6-5
deductilbe expense under s.8-1
tax rate 30%

But, to be honest, i think it should not be as simple as that. That's why i posted the question. Hope you will not mind.

Cheers,

Steven

发表于 2009-2-24 00:55 |显示全部楼层
昏倒,楼上的你EBA,怎么很多问题和我好相似哦。不会是一样的题目吧
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2009-2-24 01:00 |显示全部楼层
第一步,需要知道notes是debt还是equity,这个的入了也有几条,哟啊根据notes的内容判断。

GST是financial supplies,如何claim,要看是否breach 说的两个rule。而且要看company的结构。如果是financial 的公司,要reduced input tax,就是 75%

如果是debt,s 25-25,这些费用都可以deductible的。
如果是equity, s 40-880, blackhole,5年spread。

原帖由 LONELYMELBOURNE 于 2009-2-23 01:38 发表
Hi buddy

If A company issues convertible notes to get fund by incurring legal costs and investment banking fees, what is the GST ...
人情留一线,日后好相见

发表于 2009-2-24 01:09 |显示全部楼层
我也有一个和你类似的company的题目。我的考虑的出发点是

并入公司
1,能否form tax consolidation group
2,transfer asset是否会引起CGT events
3,Loss能否carry forward,以及 same business test
4,计算market value
人情留一线,日后好相见

发表于 2009-2-24 09:55 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 qichxi 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 qichxi 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我也有个问题,老婆和我收入超过180K,除了养老金,买投资房,工作相关费用的抵睡,这类大众的方法,还有什么好方法?

发表于 2009-2-24 10:42 |显示全部楼层
LONELYMELBOURNE, in relation to your question re company buying into another company.
the main issue here is revenue vs capital & the ability to recoup loss. therefore i think you are on the right track.
to be honest, three to five years is a long time, i would not treat the acquisition as trading stock.
the other issue you need to consider is: when did the exit actually taken place, 3-5 years probably means the business is completely exited. but in practice, when companies do this sort of things, some of them starts to slowly sale the assets one by one right after they purchase the shares. therefore, it is possible that the real exit time is deemed to be from Day 1. if that's the case, everything after Day 1, will be on capital account. on a consolidated level, these capital loss may not able to be recouped if there is not capital gains.

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部