新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· Lanshan:甜点世界中最经典的享受,简单易做--Madeleine 玛德琳蛋糕(超多图) (2011-5-20) lanshan · 欧洲行 (四)20P (2013-10-7) Wolongshan
· 新足迹读书半月谈 2009年7月上 —— 《飘》 (2009-7-1) 月亮 · 贝贝的睡觉训练 (2007-11-28) Rainyichen
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:tina50

学英语的一点小体会 [复制链接]

发表于 2017-6-15 12:08 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 john-2204 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 john-2204 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
大连银在墨尔本 发表于 2017-6-14 20:42
斑竹说的是,我们在澳村不用胖的。

同意。

澳村是用2.2胖的。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-6-15 12:36 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sophiazxy 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sophiazxy 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
From VOA Learning English, this is the Health & Lifestyle report.

People have long known that nuts are part of a healthy diet. However, scientists in the Netherlands recently found that you do not need to eat many to get all the health benefits.

The researchers found that eating a handful of nuts or peanuts every day is linked to a lower risk of death from several major diseases.

In this 2013 file photo, an Indian worker holds walnuts at a market on the outskirts of Jammu, India. India is a major producer of walnuts along with China, Iran and the U.S.  (AP Photo/Channi Anand)
In this 2013 file photo, an Indian worker holds walnuts at a market on the outskirts of Jammu, India. India is a major producer of walnuts along with China, Iran and the U.S. (AP Photo/Channi Anand)
Piet van den Brandt, a professor of epidemiology at Maastricht University, led the research. He says that eating nuts protects the health of both men and women.

"Nut intake seemed to be protective for both men and women, and that was on total mortality – any cause of death."

Professor van den Brandt adds that you do not need as many nuts as health experts earlier suggested.

"What we found is that the beneficial effect(s) of nuts and peanuts is already apparent at a lot lower levels of intake than has been suggested before."

About 10 grams a day is enough to get the full health benefits of nuts. That is about an average-sized handful.

Nuts are high in fat and calories. So, eating a handful before dinner can help you to eat less. But eating too many can ruin your appetite altogether.

However, the researchers found that many peanut butters did not give the same health benefits as plain peanuts. That is because most peanut butters contain added oils and sugars.

Also, when choosing which nuts to eat, avoid those stored or roasted in oil. Dry-roasted is better but still the high temperatures can kill the healthy nutrients. Nuts are most healthy if you eat them raw.

Not all nuts are created equal

Nuts differ in their fat and nutrient content.

Almonds are among the least fatty nuts. Almonds also have calcium and are high in Vitamin E. Vitamin E helps to protect the body from disease. And it's good for skin and eyes.

Chestnuts are the nut with the least fat and fewest calories. Chestnuts are rich in carbohydrates and fiber. And in their raw form, chestnuts are a good source of vitamin C. Roasted chestnuts are a popular treat in the winter.

If you do not eat meat, cashews are a good substitute. Cashews have lots of protein and minerals, like iron and zinc. They also have the mineral magnesium, which may help to improve memory.

Walnuts are loaded with antioxidants, compounds that may help protect against cancer. They are also loaded with heart-friendly fats and omega-3s. So, walnuts are a good choice for people who do not eat fish.

Pecans are good if you want to feel less tired and pistachios can help balance your hormone levels.

发表于 2017-6-15 16:34 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tina50 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tina50 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
The researchers found that eating a handful of nuts or peanuts every day is linked to a lower risk of death from several major diseases.

A handful of nuts or peanuts everyday.
But I haven't done it.

发表于 2017-6-15 17:07 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sophiazxy 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sophiazxy 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

Here are some  useful  frequency  adverbs  

Always                       100% of time

Usually                       90% of time

Often                          75% of time

Sometimes                 50% of time

Occasionally              30% of time

Seldom                      10%  of time

Rarely                        5%  of time

Never                        Zero ,It does not happen .

发表于 2017-6-15 23:59 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bigcrow 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bigcrow 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
sophiazxy 发表于 2017-6-15 12:36
From VOA Learning English, this is the Health & Lifestyle report.

People have long known that nuts  ...

All people are created equal,but not all nuts are created equal.
People love nuts,but nuts don't understand people.

发表于 2017-6-17 01:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 心月2012 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 心月2012 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Lesson Forty-three Hurry up
Question: How do you know Sam doesn't make  the tea very offen ?
Text:
Can you make the tea,Sam
Yes,of couse I can,Penny
Is there any water in this kettle?
Yes,there is
Where's the tea?
It's over there.
Behind the teapot
Can you see it?
I can see the teapot.
But I can't see the tea
There it is.
It's in front of you
Ah yes, I can see it now
Where are the cups?
There are some in the cupboard.
Can you find them ?
Yes ,Here they are.
Hurry up ,Sam
The kettle's boilling.

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-6-17 01:07 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 心月2012 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 心月2012 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Behind , in front of 互为反义词,一后一前

Teapot,Kettle,Cup,Bottle都是一些盛水的器皿,还有什么呢?
请您接龙吧。

发表于 2017-6-17 19:49 |显示全部楼层
Lesson Forty-five  A boss letter
Question: Why can't Pamela type the letter?
Text:
Can you come here a minute please,Bob
Yes,sir
Where's Pamela?
She's next door.
She's in her office,sir
Can she type this letter for me?
Ask her,please
Yes,sir
Can you type this letter for the boss please,Pamela
Yes, of course I can
Here you are
Thank you ,Bob
Bob.
Yes?
What's the matter?
I can't  type this letter.
I can't read it.
The boss's handwriting is terrible.

发表于 2017-6-17 19:52 |显示全部楼层
看来老板的字迹不好认,国内外一样。
当您辨认不出来上级批示的文件,又必须按照他的意思修改时,
您会和上面的Pamela 一样抱怨老板的字迹难认吗?

我不会,通常我会按照上下文的意思,确认老板修改的内容。

发表于 2017-6-17 19:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tina50 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tina50 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 tina50 于 2017-6-19 09:02 编辑
心月2012 发表于 2017-6-17 01:07
Behind , in front of 互为反义词,一后一前

Teapot,Kettle,Cup,Bottle都是一些盛水的器皿,还有什么呢 ...

mug,pot ,bucket,bowl,jar

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
心月2012 + 3 感谢参与

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-6-18 23:27 |显示全部楼层
Lesson Forty-seven   A  cup of coffee
Question:How does Ann like her coffee?
Text
Do you like coffee,Ann
Yes,I do
Do you want a cup?
Yes,please Christine.
Do you want any sugar?
Yes,please
Do you want any mike?
No,thank you
I don't like mike in my  coffee.
I like blake coffee.
Do you like biscuits?
Yes,I do
Do you want one?
Yes,please.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-6-18 23:36 |显示全部楼层
Do you like coffee?
when you drink coffee, do you add sugar or mike? do you like biscuits together?

congratulations.
Up tonight, we have learned the second part (1-48 Lessons)of New Concept English One.
Next,we shall study the third part(49-72).
Come on!

发表于 2017-6-19 11:46 |显示全部楼层
Lesson Forty-nine  At the butcher's
Question:What does Mr Bird like?
Text
Do you want any meat today,Mrs Bird
Yes,please
Do you want beef or lamb?
Beef please
This lamb's very good.
I like lamb but my husband doesn't.
What about some steak?
This is a nice piece.
Give me that piece,please
And a pound of mince too.
Do you want  a chicken,Mrs Bird
They're  very nice.
No,thank you
My husband likes steak.
But he doesn't like chicken.
To tell you truth,Mrs Bird
I don't like chicken either.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2017-6-19 11:48 |显示全部楼层
Do you like pork? lamb?chicken?beef? beef steak?seefood?

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
bigcrow + 1 anything that can be eaten

查看全部评分