新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 从来还没有那么认真过。。。牛肉干&shortbread (2008-2-27) yanyan911 · 失业了学学数据分析 (2021-8-24) 酸菜小鱼1212
· 参加活动:澳洲的文化冲击。子标题的没有! (2015-3-19) rebecca83 · 【建房第二步】选完builder以后,咱们来谈谈内部装修 (Part 1) (2016-6-3) nariko
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 8453|回复: 44

[其他] 金融危机征文- Good Bye Investment Bank [复制链接]

发表于 2008-11-21 21:40 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 西关少爷 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 西关少爷 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I remember someone made a comment here few months ago saying he couldn’t wait to see the Australian property market collapse. I warned him that he probably wouldn’t have a job by then. He replied saying: “I don’t think so.”

I hope he still has a job and enjoys the relatively low interest rate environment. Truly, in the economic down turn, no one is the winner.

In comparison to many years gone by where industries such as manufacturing, construction and building experienced cyclical highs and lows and the banking industry saw years of highs – the financial storm this year has seen the ‘good times’ slow down.  

I was working in a global Investment bank. I went out to the financial market every day to raise fund for our clients. I was having ‘fun’ every single day. I don’t believe that many bankers would have stressful job than I had. My job was 10 times harder than it was. The rating agencies require information 10 times more than ever. Delinquencies, LVR … You name it. I got use to see the bad news from our European colleagues when I opened my email every morning. I often dreamed about work in the middle of the night.

It is most bankers’ dream to work in an investment bank. The reason is very simple – Money. However, everything comes with a price. In the economic downturn, the investment banks axe their headcount lot more aggressively than any other industry in this planet.

In comparison, the commercial banks benefit from not being in the wholesale financing market, being in retail banking there is less impact to them.  Mortgages in good shape and being a low cost provider, lean and well prepared also helps.  Compared to investment banks they are lean on their resources which means not a lot to cut back.

When I approached my head hunters, I was told to stick with my job. Simply because the market was ABSOULUTELY DEAD and NO ONE WAS HIRING. They had never ever used such terms to me.

I must have done something seriously right in my previous life. I applied for a position advertised in the AFR and got an interview immediately and they made me an offer within 3 weeks ………… Good Bye Investment Bank. Thank God I am out of there!

Friend of mine works for government. They received about one hundred applications for a position advertised, whereas they hardly received anyone application in the past as everyone wants to join the Investment Banks.

My friends all hear news of redundancies from other companies and are concerned about their jobs.  Many are changing their spending habits and saving more due to the market.

Bonus - Bankers usually get a bonus after the financial year ended. Under the current market conditions, many would say having a job is a bonus.

Super - much of super value has been written off dramatically. My mate's super lost 50% recently; other friend aged 58 has to extend his working life due to the huge lost in his superfund.

I was chatting with a colleague and saw an advertisement sitting on his desk this afternoon. His contract finishes in few weeks time. I asked him: “You are not going to work in Canberra while your family stays in Sydney, are you” Guess how he replied??

[ 本帖最后由 西关少爷 于 2008-11-22 07:21 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 16积分 +260 收起 理由
紫雪花 + 10 你太有才了
xingbu + 10 谢谢奉献
bffbffbff + 8 偶对你的景仰如滔滔江水

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

退役斑竹 2008年度奖章获得者 特殊贡献奖章

发表于 2008-11-21 21:44 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 steveking 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 steveking 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
他要居家赴(坎)京?

发表于 2008-11-21 21:45 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 terry11 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 terry11 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
好文....

发表于 2008-11-21 21:59 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jasonliu234 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jasonliu234 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
he replied that working is top priority no matterh where, he'd like get his whole family with him if he can.

发表于 2008-11-21 22:01 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 西关少爷 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 西关少爷 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 jasonliu234 于 2008-11-21 22:59 发表
he replied that working is top priority no matterh where, he'd like get his whole family with him if he can.

haha, Aussies will never say Working is my priority.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +8 收起 理由
紫雪花 + 8

查看全部评分

发表于 2008-11-21 22:04 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jasonliu234 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jasonliu234 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 西关少爷 于 2008-11-21 23:01 发表

haha, Aussies will never say Working is my priority.

it depends

and congratulations on your new job

it's hard to get a new job within three weeks

you're champion

[ 本帖最后由 jasonliu234 于 2008-11-21 23:05 编辑 ]
恢复人体的秩序,让免疫力自己去治病。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2008-11-21 22:05 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 FOR 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 FOR 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
不错,继续等待下文

发表于 2008-11-21 22:06 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 jasonliu234 于 2008-11-21 23:04 发表

it depends

and congratulations on your new job

it's hard to get a new job within three weeks

you're champion

thanks. I am just extremely lucky.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +10 收起 理由
紫雪花 + 10

查看全部评分

发表于 2008-11-21 22:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 干物女 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 干物女 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
楼主真的是很幸运,不过更重要的是你有实力才会被雇佣方看中。恭喜楼主

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
西关少爷 + 3 HEHE,我很赞同

查看全部评分

退役斑竹

发表于 2008-11-22 06:56 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Artcore 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Artcore 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
恭喜LZ, 3个星期换成新工作, 牛!

而且还是AFR刊登的工作, 肯定是很高的职位, 更牛!

出于好奇, 新工作是哪个行业啊?

发表于 2008-11-22 08:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 sweeet 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 sweeet 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
恭喜楼主,不过这个英文。。。
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2008-11-22 09:18 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 perhaps_love 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 perhaps_love 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 sweeet 于 2008-11-22 09:47 发表
恭喜楼主,不过这个英文。。。

Who care. 支持LZ

退役斑竹

发表于 2008-11-22 09:19 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 阿Ka 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 阿Ka 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
偶对少爷的敬仰如滔滔江水。。。

发表于 2008-11-22 10:26 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bulaohu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bulaohu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
恭喜楼主,不过这个英文。。。

人家英文很好啊,有几个小错,但表达准确,而且相当地道

评分

参与人数 1积分 +1 收起 理由
飞儿 + 1 我很赞同

查看全部评分

发表于 2008-11-22 12:17 |显示全部楼层
原帖由 Artcore 于 2008-11-22 07:56 发表

出于好奇, 新工作是哪个行业啊?

Commercial and retail banking

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
紫雪花 + 5

查看全部评分

发表于 2008-11-22 12:19 |显示全部楼层
恭喜楼主,不过这个英文。。。

愿拜你为师, 请不论赐教
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2008-11-22 12:37 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 CWJ 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 CWJ 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
好文 Thanks for the sharing!!!!

退役斑竹 2007 年度奖章获得者 2008年度奖章获得者 特殊贡献奖章 参与宝库编辑功臣

发表于 2008-11-22 12:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 黑山老妖 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 黑山老妖 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
这年头能够换工作的都是牛人。

退役斑竹 2007 年度奖章获得者 2008年度奖章获得者 参与宝库编辑功臣 2012年度奖章获得者 2009年度奖章获得者 2010年度奖章获得者 2014年度奖章获得者 2015年度奖章获得者

发表于 2008-11-22 13:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 patrickzhu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 patrickzhu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
原帖由 黑山老妖 于 2008-11-22 13:42 发表
这年头能够换工作的都是牛人。

同意。
西区楼主的实力放在那里,这个是决定因素。

发表于 2008-11-22 14:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 迷失@森林 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 迷失@森林 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
友情帮顶
IB出来的牛人……
我想进去……

发表于 2008-11-22 16:01 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 franknet 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 franknet 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
顶一下牛人。我已经把换工作的计划推迟到后年去了。连今年的BONUS都不敢指望了
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2008-11-22 16:46 |显示全部楼层
多谢各位捧场。跟大家一样,上班赚钱而已。绝非牛人。

发表于 2008-11-22 17:44 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 fycool 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 fycool 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I remember someone made a comment here few months ago saying he couldn’t wait to see the Australian property market collapse. I warned him that he probably wouldn’t have a job by then. He replied saying: “I don’t think so.”

我记得当有人几个月以前说等着看澳洲的房地产市场垮掉的时候,我警告说,或许到那个时候你的工作也丢了。 他说:我不这样认为。

I hope he still has a job and enjoys the relatively low interest rate environment. Truly, in the economic down turn, no one is the winner.

我希望他现在还在岗位上, 同时享受着相对低的银行利息, 事实是,在经济危机下, 没有人是赢家。

In comparison to many years gone by where industries such as manufacturing, construction and building experienced cyclical highs and lows and the banking industry saw years of highs – the financial storm this year has seen the ‘good times’ slow down.  

相比较过去的几年, 制造业, 建筑, 施工,经历起伏, 银行业直冲云霄- 但在金融风暴的今年中好时光已去不复返了。

I was working in a global Investment bank. I went out to the financial market every day to raise fund for our clients. I was having ‘fun’ every single day. I don’t believe that many bankers would have stressful job than I had. My job was 10 times harder than it was. The rating agencies require information 10 times more than ever. Delinquencies, LVR … You name it. I got use to see the bad news from our European colleagues when I opened my email every morning. I often dreamed about work in the middle of the night.

我曾在国际投资银行上班。 我每天的工作就是去客户那里融资。每天我都过得很“开心”。 我相信很多的银行人员不会有我这样的stressful工作。 我的工作越来越艰难。 评分机构比其以前要求10倍以上的信息。Delinquencies, LVR …所有能想到的。每天早上打开邮件我已经习惯看到看到欧洲的同行们发的坏消息。 凌晨的睡梦中我还在想着工作。

It is most bankers’ dream to work in an investment bank. The reason is very simple – Money. However, everything comes with a price. In the economic downturn, the investment banks axe their headcount lot more aggressively than any other industry in this planet.

大多数银行人员的梦想是工作在投资银行。原因很简单-钱多。然而, 这是要付出相应的代价的。 在经济不好的时候, 投资银行裁掉比任何一个行业都要多地人。

In comparison, the commercial banks benefit from not being in the wholesale financing market, being in retail banking there is less impact to them.  Mortgages in good shape and being a low cost provider, lean and well prepared also helps.  Compared to investment banks they are lean on their resources which means not a lot to cut back.

相对的, 商业银行的利益在整个经济市场中retail banking的影响要相对小很多。房贷是低成本的产业所以还可以。 相对投资银行,他们依靠员工,这意味着不会大幅裁员。

When I approached my head hunters, I was told to stick with my job. Simply because the market was ABSOULUTELY DEAD and NO ONE WAS HIRING. They had never ever used such terms to me.

当我提到我的位置时,被告知要坚守岗位,原因很简单,雇佣市场静如止水,没有人雇新人了。 这在以前从没有人这样对我说过。

I must have done something seriously right in my previous life. I applied for a position advertised in the AFR and got an interview immediately and they made me an offer within 3 weeks ………… Good Bye Investment Bank. Thank God I am out of there!

一定是前世积德, 我申请了一个在AFR上的职位,立刻就拿了面试,接着3个星期就给了offer。 再见了,投资银行,谢天谢地,我总算是离开了。

Friend of mine works for government. They received about one hundred applications for a position advertised, whereas they hardly received anyone application in the past as everyone wants to join the Investment Banks.

我在政府工作的朋友告诉我,他们一个position竟然受到100多份求职信, 而在以前申请的人几乎寥寥无几,大家都热衷投资银行。

My friends all hear news of redundancies from other companies and are concerned about their jobs.  Many are changing their spending habits and saving more due to the market.

我的朋友们都听说了其他公司裁员的消息了也开始担心自己的工作了。在这样的经济下很多都开始改变消费习惯和多存钱了。

Bonus - Bankers usually get a bonus after the financial year ended. Under the current market conditions, many would say having a job is a bonus.

分红, 银行的员工的分红一般是在财政年度结束后, 在这种情形下,其实有份工作就是bonus了。

Super - much of super value has been written off dramatically. My mate's super lost 50% recently; other friend aged 58 has to extend his working life due to the huge lost in his superfund.

养老金, 很多的养老金都大幅的缩水, 我朋友的最近损失了50%, 其他的58岁的朋友,因为损失过多, 现在要继续工作。

I was chatting with a colleague and saw an advertisement sitting on his desk this afternoon. His contract finishes in few weeks time. I asked him: “You are not going to work in Canberra while your family stays in Sydney, are you” Guess how he replied??

今天下午我和一个同事聊天的时候,看到他桌上的一张广告单。他的合同几个星期就要结束了。 我问他, 你不会离开雪梨的家人, 只身去Canberra工作吧, 你们猜他是怎么回答我的???

[ 本帖最后由 fycool 于 2008-11-22 19:28 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 4积分 +47 收起 理由
xingbu + 10 wow
Artcore + 12 谢谢奉献
西关少爷 + 5 你太有才了

查看全部评分

发表于 2008-11-22 17:47 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 fycool 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 fycool 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
试着翻了一点,希望西关少爷不要笑。 有的词我也喜换用英语,所以没有翻。

觉得有帮助的筒子们,给点纷纷,欧去换鞋

评分

参与人数 3积分 +12 收起 理由
西关少爷 + 5 偶对你的景仰如滔滔江水
kingkongfei + 2 谢谢奉献
steveking + 5 谢谢奉献

查看全部评分

退役斑竹 2008年度奖章获得者 特殊贡献奖章

发表于 2008-11-22 17:52 |显示全部楼层

回复 24# 的帖子

此文章由 steveking 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 steveking 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
建议把你的翻译部分用颜色区分开来,比如蓝色,这样容易阅读。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
fycool + 3 Thanks for the suggestion :)

查看全部评分

发表于 2008-11-22 19:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 西边雨 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 西边雨 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
PF LZ!
希望经济早日恢复
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2008-11-22 19:49 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 karrylee 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 karrylee 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
楼主牛人
问一句,澳洲投行里面华人多吗?

发表于 2008-11-22 20:39 |显示全部楼层
不算太多

发表于 2008-11-24 16:12 |显示全部楼层

What job is LZ moving to ? Governemnt?

此文章由 inferencemel 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 inferencemel 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

发表于 2008-11-24 22:12 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ada_yu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ada_yu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
One question, what did you say when agency or employer asked the reason you wanted to leave the last bank?

--Ada

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部