新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 大珠小珠落玉盘~~黑糖珍珠 地瓜圆 地瓜球 (2017-11-1) YANKS · BMW M2 Pure 跨州购车经历 【更新- BC 鍛造轮圈】【更新- KW V3 绞牙避震】【天蝎全段排气】【M方向盘】 (2018-4-1) kevin_au
· Lanshan: Muffin 大全- 最基本的也是最好吃的-巧克力玛芬 chocolate muffin (2012-9-9) lanshan · 辣子鸡丁 (2007-11-13) hattie
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:patrickzhu

[全澳] 中学生英文读物推荐交流帖(本帖出现的图书都有简介和推荐年龄) [复制链接]

发表于 2012-9-25 11:11 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 michelleyl 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 michelleyl 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
My mum has asked me to write a book review. I am actually going to write three series of books. They are good for people who have imaginative minds and like fiction.

The first series is The Immortal Nicholas Flammel books:
The Alchemyst
The Magician
The Sorceress
The Necromancer
The Warlock
The Enchantress

These books are about Nicholas and his wife Perenelle losing The Book. This book holds the formula for immortal life. It also holds many other formulas as well. They are trying to recover the book with John and Sophie Newman. They are the twins of the prophecy. The Sun and The Moon.

The second series is the conspiracy 365:
January
Feburary
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
November
December
Revenge

This is about a boy named Cal who is on the run from the police. He was falsely accused of a crime he would never commit. Shooting his uncle and strangling his sister. The only thing he can do know is to find the Ormand Singularity within 365 days. Otherwise the Ormand Singularity will belong to the Crown.

The third series is probably the best by far. The Ranger's Apprentice, by John Flanagan:
Ruins of Gorlan
The Burning Bridge
The Icebound Land
Oakleaf Bearers
The Sorcerer in the North
The Siege of Macindaw
Erak's Ransom
The Kings of Clonmel
Halt's Peril
The Emperor of Nihon-Ja
The Lost Stories

This is about a boy named Will who has to go through Choosing Day. This is a day where boys and girls get chosen to different Crafts. Will really wants to be a knight but he is disappointed. None of the Craftmasters really want him. If he doesn't get chosen, it means a lifetime being a farmer. But suddenly Halt turns up. He is a ranger and can turn invisible. People say that Rangers are black sorcerers and can go inside trees to hide.

When Will gets apprenticed to Halt, he finds that they don't practice magic, only that they camouflage to the surroundings. But even Will is disappointed when he finds the weapons Rangers use. Two knives and a bow. He always thought that bows were what normal people use for hunting. But when he tries toprevent the assassination of the King, he finds that a Ranger's weapons are not so useless after all...

评分

参与人数 3积分 +20 收起 理由
patrickzhu + 8
nali + 4 感谢分享
缓缓 + 8 感谢分享

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

退役斑竹 2007 年度奖章获得者 2008年度奖章获得者 参与宝库编辑功臣 2012年度奖章获得者 2009年度奖章获得者 2010年度奖章获得者 2014年度奖章获得者 2015年度奖章获得者

发表于 2012-9-28 20:22 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 patrickzhu 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 patrickzhu 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
moody 发表于 2012-9-24 14:42
俺家的只爱看小说怎么办?
据他说历史地理传记等等都是功课,小说才是百看不厌。 ...

我是个例子,小时候喜欢历史地理天文传记等等一切非小说类的东西,文学类的东西看的很少,全是知识,长大了才发现没啥用,呵呵。
所以,别担心了,中学生你想让他干啥不是你说了算的。

发表于 2012-9-29 08:10 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 merry43 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 merry43 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我儿子最近喜欢Robert Muchamore 写的书,上周刚买了新出版的GUARDIAN ANGEL. 之前也买过REOPLE'S REPUBLIC. 我儿子也从学校借同一作者同一系列的书. 没问他具体内容.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +3 收起 理由
patrickzhu + 3 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-9-29 20:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Onmyway 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Onmyway 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 Onmyway 于 2012-9-29 21:19 编辑

Lord of The Rings

Longest book I've ever read, oldest book I've ever read, but not the dullest. That prize goes to the Twilight series. My advice to you would be to never read the middle section. Then again, nobody listens to my advice, because if you don't read the middle section, the whole thing doesn't make sense. The book is actaully seperated into 3 main mini - books. Those 3 sections, are then divided up again into 2 mini - mini - sections (That alone could be made into a small book). So, basically you get 6 sections of the book, and since I am just so lucky, I got all 6 in the same book. I actaully measured the spine, and it's 5 centimetres long. The words don't have a lot of spacing, and are probably size 10 or 9 font. Worst of all...THERE IS NO ILLUSTRATIONS!...

Just like any book you'll read, the ending, the beginning will always be interesting, but the middle part is definetly the climax of the book. That's how we're taught, aren't we? When everyone learnt how to write narratives or stories of their own, they were told that the story is a line. First it starts as a straight line, yet rising slowly at a constant pace. Next, it'll reach a part, where the line just gets higher and higher up to the top (The climax) As the story ends, the line slowly diminishes and desecends off down to a happy ending or a sad tragedy. To me, this book was quite different from that line. To me, the middle part was just endless, it was almost like reading New Moon in Year 4. I eventually got lost in the language and I wasn't sure of what was happening. I only picked up a few bits of important information along the way, but it was dull and it seemed like the characters weren't doing much. I felt like the writer wanted to stall the climax of the book or something. The good part of the book comes in the beginning, partly because I just like the feel of starting a book, and the excitement you get when reading the frist few chapters. Yet, it's also partly because everything is happening all at once, making the story move at a fast pace. It's a blur, but a blur you'll just understand. When it comes to the ending, firstly, you'll get a feeling of immense satisfication, and secondly, it's war. Don't take that the wrong way, as in I like people dying, and swords or things like that, but as in it's so much more breathtaking, and interesting to read. The book becomes so much more enticing,
because, again, it moves at a fast pace to keep the reader going.

Some bad things or confusing things, that I thought the writer could've changed or didn't have were Sauron (The Lord of the Rings, like literally, not the title of the book) actaully appearing or having a battle. All that the readers got, well, was a fiery, red eye. That was a bit disappointing for me, as I would've liked a bit more action for the Fellowship of the Ring. Another thing I didn't like, was the fact that Frodo seemed helpless and kind of useless in a way. It was always his friends (The Fellowship of the Ring) or his companions that had to rescue him or fight for him, time and time again. It didn't seem like he played a big part as one of the main characters in the book. So I thought, he could've been more the classic heroic type.

The person I admire most in this story, would be Samwise Gamgee. He was frightened, he was short, he was not the exactly the smartest hobbit, but we was loyal and encouraging. He never left his master's side (Frodo) and always remained true to him wherever they went. I don't think that Sam get enough recognition in this book, but I would've liked that as well.

Making this book review, and well knowing this much about The Lord of the Rings, makes me sound just a bit nerdy, so don't judge me. :)

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

评分

参与人数 3积分 +25 收起 理由
onemum + 3 我很赞同
缓缓 + 10 感谢分享
patrickzhu + 12

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-9-29 20:03 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Onmyway 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Onmyway 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 Onmyway 于 2012-9-29 21:20 编辑

The Hobbit

This book is entirely different from The Lord of the Rings, which is hard to believe as it is meant as a pre - sequel to it. So what makes it so much more different? There's still elves, and mysterious creatures roaming about the forest in Middle Earth, it's just Bilbo Baggins is the main character that's all (Bilbo Baggins is Frodo Baggins's uncle). This book, is a children's book. It's funny, childish, an most importantly imaginative. Sure, The Lord of the Rings is also imaginative, but this book can relate to what children come up with in their heads. To me, every child will be immature, and will have so much more imagination that adults. That's what makes them so pure. It's those people who chose to keep that imagination when they grow up, or to stay close to that imagination is what makes them a good childrens' author.

A kid in Year 4 or 5, could easily finish this book in a week or two. Maybe for those who love reading, could finish it within a week. It's so much more relaxing and laughable, unlike the Lord of the Rings, where it's serious business. That's what makes the Hobbit a great book.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

评分

参与人数 3积分 +21 收起 理由
onemum + 3 我很赞同
缓缓 + 10 感谢分享
patrickzhu + 8

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-10-1 13:24 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 merry43 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 merry43 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
My mum made me do this review.

'Guardian Angel' is the second book in the second Cherub series by Robert Muchamore and follows on from the first book, 'People's Republic'. This series is action and adventure and is most suited to teenages.

The main character of Guardian Angel is Ryan Sharma, the same as People's Republic. Ryan is part of an organisation called Cherub which is a spy organisation, except the spies are children. Ryan continues on his first proper mission which he starts in the first book. His task was to befriend Ethan, the son of a woman who is part of a dangerous gang. Ryan's plan to become friends with him go wrong and Ethan is moved to another country after his house is attacked and his mother is killed.

In Guardian Angel, the book continues right where the first left off. Ryan stays in contact with Ethan through electronic means and all this is monitored. Ethan is being transfered to a boarding school, but he is kidnapped and taken somewhere else by his uncle, who Ethan suspects was behind the killing of his mother. Ethan finds out his unlce's plans of taking control of the gang by taking all of its funds. Later, Ethan escapes and tries to get the money back, he gets back some of it but not before the CIA gets most of it, practically shutting down the gang. The mission is still not over as now they have to stop the gang splitting into multiple gangs, which is even worse than one gang. This is continued in the next book, Black Friday.

I like this book and the series because there is action, adventure and it is exciting.

评分

参与人数 2积分 +18 收起 理由
缓缓 + 10 感谢分享
patrickzhu + 8 Thanks

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2012-10-2 19:24 |显示全部楼层

Imagine a village that's kept in harmony, with no such thing as theivery, lies, murder or any type of bad behaviour. Where there is no mistakes. Where everyone is given a special name to do with their true - self or talent that they possess. For example, if you discover you're true talent is helping people with your medicine, then your name might be the 'Herbalist'. Would you want to live there? I know I wouldn't, because making mistakes is part of who we are as a person, we learn from them, if there were no mistakes, who would you be?

This village is exactly what I described above, but sooner or later, people will naturally succumb to making mistakes, and this village will become dust in the wind. I find this book very much like The Giver, of which Lois Lowry also wrote (The Giver won the Newbury Medal Book Award), due to the fact that the villagers are given special names to suit what they are like or what they do. The book mainly focuses on a young boy named Matty. He yearns for his true name, and he hopes it to be 'Messenger'. This is because he can travel through the Forest without harm. The Forest is described as a deadly and unwelcome place to people, and if angered, the Forest will give you small warnings such as a prick on the arm, this means that the next time you enter, you won't come back out. Matty is different. The Forest almost seems to embrace or welcome him in a way nobody understands. He travels back and forth through the Forest on errands to different towns and villages.

(THIS PART OF THE REVIEW MIGHT SPOIL THE BOOK FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO READ IT, SO .... IF YOU WANT TO READ IT ... DON"T READ ON..)

It's a fast - paced book, and someone could easily finish it in a day or two, because it's not long anyway. The thing that I don't like about this book is that fact that the main protagonist dies in the last 2 or 3 pages, and the ending is just rushed and confusing. Once you get to the last chapter, it almost seems as if the writer was late for something, and just wrote it in a hurry. I don't mind Shakespeare killing off his characters at the end, because ... well, he's Shakespeare and he writes tragedies and all, but in this book, it's just confusing and a bit weird for the reader. But overall, I still enjoyed this book, and I hope many of you get a chance to read it.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

评分

参与人数 2积分 +16 收起 理由
缓缓 + 8 感谢分享
patrickzhu + 8

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-10-2 21:28 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 irenezhang 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 irenezhang 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
收藏

发表于 2012-10-2 21:29 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 irenezhang 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 irenezhang 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
收藏

发表于 2012-10-25 14:41 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tigernz 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tigernz 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整

发表于 2012-10-31 10:50 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 陈氏钢琴行 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 陈氏钢琴行 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
收藏
Advertisement
Advertisement

退役斑竹