精华好帖回顾

· 那一抹妖艳迷人的蓝~蓝色天堂鸟~ (2010-1-9) 紫雪花 · [面子产品大交流] 之阿宝尝试版 (2007-3-17) 阿宝
· 路在脚下――――你我都用心的走着 (2007-9-23) 北风 · E&E -- 广式煲仔饭 (2008-8-10) 闲夏采薇
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 8603|回复: 31

一名哈佛校友参加1988届30周年同学聚会的30条人生感悟 [复制链接]

发表于 2018-10-27 21:54 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 viviancn 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 viviancn 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 viviancn 于 2018-10-28 00:14 编辑

1. 没有谁的人生跟预期的完全一样,哪怕是最有热情的规划师。

2. 成为老师和医生的同学似乎都对自己的职业选择满意;很多做律师的同学要么不快乐,要么迫不及待想改变,但做法学教授的除外(参照前一条);

3. 几乎每个银行家或基金经理都想要找到一条途径反馈社会,都想尽快逃离华尔街去追求某种艺术。

4. 说到艺术,那些把它作为事业的同学多数都快乐和成功,但在财务上都有所挣扎。。。

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/573847/

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
Rong13 + 2

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2018-10-27 22:07 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jinluo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jinluo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 jinluo 于 2018-10-27 22:08 编辑

我想是因为老师和医生的成就感和满足感最强,所以即使辛苦,大家也很满意。同时这两种职业又能养活自己。

人是一种需要得到他人认同、尊重的事体

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
viviancn + 5 感谢分享

查看全部评分

赠人茉莉,手留余香

退役斑竹

发表于 2018-10-27 22:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 飞儿 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 飞儿 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
都是很有意义的感悟,有的甚至很有启发。

只是,个别的那啥。。。

2。Every classmate who became a teacher or doctor seemed happy with the choice of career.

6。 They say money can’t buy happiness, but in an online survey of our class just prior to the reunion, those of us with more of it self-reported a higher level of happiness than those with less。

Can be partially inconsistent
自由的灵魂,懂得自由的珍贵。

发表于 2018-10-27 22:14 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jhua4597 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jhua4597 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
主动离婚的人离婚后会更快乐
被离婚的人离婚后会更不快乐

发表于 2018-10-27 22:17 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 viviancn 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 viviancn 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
jinluo 发表于 2018-10-27 22:07
我想是因为老师和医生的成就感和满足感最强,所以即使辛苦,大家也很满意。同时这两种职业又能养活自己。

很多职业都可以带来成就感,我觉得老师和医生在某种程度上都是帮助帮人,帮助别人可以带来幸福感。

至于律师,只能代表自己的客户,为客户争取最大的利益,可以看到很多黑暗面,并不让人觉得有多快乐。

发表于 2018-10-27 22:49 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 jinluo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 jinluo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
viviancn 发表于 2018-10-27 22:17
很多职业都可以带来成就感,我觉得老师和医生在某种程度上都是帮助帮人,帮助别人可以带来幸福感。

至于 ...

其实是自我满足感
赠人茉莉,手留余香
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2018-10-27 22:53 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 RZ的妈妈 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 RZ的妈妈 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
4.说到艺术,财务上......

发表于 2018-10-27 23:36 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 wmwbull 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 wmwbull 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
哈佛。。。多少人的梦想。。。。。。
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2018-10-28 08:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 植物爱好者 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 植物爱好者 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
真理大学

发表于 2018-10-28 09:17 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 stella_hq 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 stella_hq 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
搞金融的想去搞点艺术, 搞艺术的缺钱。

2016年度奖章获得者

发表于 2018-10-28 09:26 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 小小白虎 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 小小白虎 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我一直觉得当老师不错的
Advertisement
Advertisement

2014年度奖章获得者 2015年度奖章获得者

发表于 2018-10-28 10:06 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 蚝 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 蚝 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
小小白虎 发表于 2018-10-28 09:26
我一直觉得当老师不错的

有没有觉得认识的人太少呢?都是和心灵纯洁的孩子打交道

发表于 2018-10-28 10:16 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 zfsunny 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 zfsunny 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
做喜欢的事更能提升满意感。

发表于 2018-10-28 10:24 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 yuxuanlin 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 yuxuanlin 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
1.No one’s life turned out exactly as anticipated, not even for the most ardent planner.

2. Every classmate who became a teacher or doctor seemed happy with the choice of career.
Many lawyers seemed either unhappy or itching for a change, with the exception of those who became law professors. (See No. 2 above.)

3.Nearly every single banker or fund manager wanted to find a way to use accrued wealth to give back (some had concrete plans, some didn’t), and many, at this point, seemed to want to leave Wall Street as soon as possible to take up some sort of art.

4.Speaking of art, those who went into it as a career were mostly happy and often successful, but they had all, in some way, struggled financially.

5.They say money can’t buy happiness, but in an online survey of our class just prior to the reunion, those of us with more of it self-reported a higher level of happiness than those with less.

6.Our strongest desire, in that same pre-reunion class survey—over more sex and more money—was to get more sleep.

7.“Burning Down the House,” our class’s favorite song, by the Talking Heads, is still as good and as relevant in 2018 as it was blasting out of our freshman dorms.

8.Many of our class’s shyest freshmen have now become our alumni class leaders, helping to organize this reunion and others.

9.  Those who chose to get divorced seemed happier, post-divorce.

10.  Those who got an unwanted divorce seemed unhappier, post-divorce.

11.Many classmates who are in long-lasting marriages said they experienced a turning point, when their early marriage suddenly transformed into a mature relationship. “I’m doing the best I can!” one classmate told me she said to her husband in the middle of a particularly stressful couples’-therapy session. From that moment on, she said, he understood: Her imperfections were not an insult to him, and her actions were not an extension of him. She was her own person, and her imperfections were what made her her. Sometimes people forget this, in the thick of marriage.

12.  Nearly all the alumni said they were embarrassed by their younger selves, particularly by how judgmental they used to be.

13.  We have all become far more generous with our I love you’s. They flew freely at the reunion. We don’t ration them out to only our intimates now, it seems; we have expanded our understanding of what love is, making room for long-lost friends.

14.  No matter what my classmates grew up to be—a congressman, like Jim Himes; a Tony Award–winning director, like Diane Paulus; an astronaut, like Stephanie Wilson—at the end of the day, most of our conversations at the various parties and panel discussions throughout the weekend centered on a desire for love, comfort, intellectual stimulation, decent leaders, a sustainable environment, friendship, and stability.

15.  Nearly all the alumni with kids seemed pleased with their decision to have had them. Some without kids had happily chosen that route; others mourned not having them.

16.  Drinks at a bar you used to go to with your freshman roommate are more fun 30 years later with that same freshman roommate.

17.  Staying at the house of an old friend, whenever possible, is preferable to spending a night in a hotel.

18.Unless you’re trolling for a new spouse or a one-night stand, as some of my classmates seemed to have been doing, in which case: hotel, hotel, hotel.

19.  Nearly all the attendees who had spouses had, by the 30th reunion, left theirs at home.

20.  Most of our knees, hips, and shoulders have taken a beating over time.

21.  A life spent drinking too much alcohol shows up, 30 years later, on the face.

22.  For the most part, the women fared much better than the men in the looks department.

23.  For the most part, the men fared much better than the women—surprise, surprise—in the earning-potential-and-leadership department.

24.  A lack of affordable child care and paid maternity leave had far-reaching implications for many of our classmates, most of them female: careers derailed, compromises made, money lost.

25.  When the bell atop Memorial Church tolled 27 times to mark the passing of 27 classmates since graduation, we all understood, on a visceral level, that these tolls will increase exponentially over the next 30 years.

26.  It is possible to put together a memorial-service chorus of former alumni, none of whom have ever practiced with one another, and make it sound as if they’d been practicing together for weeks. Even while performing a new and original piece by the choral conductor.

27. In our early 50s, people seem to feel a pressing need to speak truths and give thanks and kindness to one another before it’s too late to do so. One of my freshman roommates thanked me for something that happened in 1984. A classmate who was heretofore a stranger, but who had read my entry in the red book, our quinquennial alumni report—in which I recounted having taken an Uber Pool to the emergency room—offered to pay for my ambulance next time, even going so far as to yank a large pile of bills out of his pocket. “That’s okay,” I told him, laughing. “I don’t plan to return to the emergency room anytime soon. ”
28. Those who’d lost a child had learned a kind of resilience and gratitude that was instructive to all of us. “Don’t grieve over the years she didn’t get to live,” said one of our classmates, at a memorial service for her daughter, Harvard class of 2019, who died last summer. “Rather, feel grateful for the 21 years she was able to shine her light.”

29.Those of us who’d experienced the trauma of near death—or who are still facing it—seemed the most elated to be at reunion. “We’re still here!” I said to my friend, who used to run a health company and had a part of the side of his face removed when his cancer, out of nowhere, went haywire. We were giggling, giddy as toddlers, practically bouncing on our toes, unable to stop hugging each other and smiling as we recounted the gruesome particulars of our near misses.

30. Love is not all you need, but as one classmate told me, “it definitely helps.”

评分

参与人数 1积分 +6 收起 理由
Serenity + 6 感谢分享

查看全部评分