新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 一个悉尼商人的故事 (2010-10-1) JuJu · [Karen‘s Kitchen Time] 含在口中的云朵—— 香 草 soufflé (2008-8-16) Tiger_Karen
· 我家的吉祥三宝 (2007-5-10) hehe · 时光似水---以同样的姿势在同样的地方拍 (2005-5-8) moth
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 3863|回复: 6

分享两个例子 - Is there anything you'd like to tell us about yourself? [复制链接]

发表于 2016-12-20 17:13 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tingnishuo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tingnishuo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
本帖最后由 tingnishuo 于 2016-12-20 14:21 编辑

喜欢看英剧。《Scott & Bailey》是关于两个女警官的故事。有一集里面说她们两个申请升职。

面试时被问到同一个问题,她们各自的回答,我觉得蛮有参考价值,特记录下:

Is  there anything you'd like to tell us about yourself?

B:   I have had an intense few years. Sometimes I got caught up in other people's mess. Sometimes I did a pretty good job of making my own. But I have well and truly got my head screwed on these days. This is the job that I am meant to do. it fits the way my mind works. I have always had he instinct. I am clocking up the experience. I am a worker. I am not a liability. I am a safe pair of hands.

S:   It might seen odd to be applying for promotion at 50. So I would just like to say a bit about that. I took a long career break when my children were small, so I have actually only clocked up 20 year's service. And in that time, I think I have become one of those steady, competent, quietly indispensable types. I have seen plenty of officers fly over my head and up the ladder and I suspect that most of them have not been as good as me. I have got at least 10 year's service to offer. My children are practically on their way.  I am in the best position. I have ever been in to push forward. I am 50 but I am not trailing off. I am gearing up.
Put all my soul into it, play the way I feel.
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-12-21 18:06 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 OldBear 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 OldBear 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
对我来说有点难。楼主能否对一些关键词的用法给出一些注解?包括你觉得好的用法?谢谢你的分享!

评分

参与人数 1积分 +6 收起 理由
tingnishuo + 6 共同学习!

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-12-21 18:09 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 金牌打手 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 金牌打手 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
这个挺好,比公式化的一些答复丰满许多。

评分

参与人数 1积分 +6 收起 理由
tingnishuo + 6 我很赞同

查看全部评分

发表于 2016-12-21 21:08 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tingnishuo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tingnishuo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
OldBear 发表于 2016-12-21 15:06
对我来说有点难。楼主能否对一些关键词的用法给出一些注解?包括你觉得好的用法?谢谢你的分享! ...

我也是在学习,注解不敢,可以说说我的感觉:

B:   I have had an intense few years. Sometimes I got caught up in other people's mess. Sometimes I did a pretty good job of making my own. But I have well and truly got my head screwed on these days. This is the job that I am meant to do. it fits the way my mind works. I have always had the instinct. I am clocking up the experience. I am a worker. I am not a liability. I am a safe pair of hands.

警官B,比较年轻。她在回答这个问题时,强调的是她有强烈的工作意愿。比如后面的这一节,用词也是比较简单的:

This is the job that I am meant to do. it fits the way my mind works. I have always had the instinct. I am clocking up the experience. I am a worker. I am not a liability. I am a safe pair of hands. (大意是:这是我渴望去做的工作,它太适合我的心意了,我天生就是做这个的。我正在积累经验。我是有用之人,而不是个累赘。我是靠得住的帮手。)

发表于 2016-12-21 21:33 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 tingnishuo 于 2016-12-21 18:34 编辑
OldBear 发表于 2016-12-21 15:06
对我来说有点难。楼主能否对一些关键词的用法给出一些注解?包括你觉得好的用法?谢谢你的分享! ...

而警官S,已经是半百的职场老人。按说早已升职了。所以她首先解释了为何在这个年纪参与升职竞争。后面就描述她目前心态和实际情况。

S:   It might seen odd to be applying for promotion at 50. So I would just like to say a bit about that. I took a long career break when my children were small, so I have actually only clocked up 20 year's service. And in that time, I think I have become one of those steady, competent, quietly indispensable types. I have seen plenty of officers fly over my head and up the ladder and I suspect that most of them have not been as good as me. I have got at least 10 year's service to offer. My children are practically on their way.  I am in the best position. I have ever been in to push forward. I am 50 but I am not trailing off. I am gearing up. (大意是:因照顾幼年的孩子们,我中断了很长一段时间的职业生涯。虽然只有20年的年限,但我已经成为成熟能干,不可或缺的一份子。有些同事并不比我优秀,却能青云直上。所以我也想升职。我至少还能工作10年,我的孩子们也已经走上正轨。我现在的状态好极了。我一直都在向前进,尽管我年及五十,但我一点都不会拖后腿,我冲劲十足。)

发表于 2016-12-26 21:31 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ktlfcy 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ktlfcy 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2016-12-27 20:16 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 mikelee19 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 mikelee19 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
I have well and truly got my head screwed on these days

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Advertisement
Advertisement
返回顶部