精华好帖回顾

· 完了,低级趣味了 - 关于儿童阅读 (2009-3-31) 缓缓 · 最遥远的距离 (原创分享) (2015-2-14) ahyu
· 发几张弱光照 (2010-11-3) kurtbao · 参加活动片尾曲:小时候过年的七个瞬间 (2012-2-5) 虞宅与美丽
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:yoyyo2000

[亚洲其他地区] 尼泊尔4个星期行。。 完结篇。。。谢谢观赏 [复制链接]

发表于 2011-7-2 09:02 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 yoyyo2000 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 yoyyo2000 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
第六片, 去珠峰路上。 等我下个星期回warrnambool继续法照片

Monday, 02/05/11 
We are staying at this hotel called Hotel Camp De Base in Namche Bazaar. It’s owned by Sherpa. They have running water, hot showers for 300 rupees, and a restaurant with pretty extensive menu. They also sell beers, but I think I will stay away from them for now.

As you trek closer to the base camp, you will notice the price of food, phone, internet increases dramatically as well. Where I am staying now, the internet cost 500 rupees per hour.

We have two trip assistants on our trip as well. Pemba is 22 years old. He has done 4-5 trips so far. He lived 3 days trek away from Lukla. Nara is 25 years old. He has done 14-15 trips around Nepal. He lived 1 day trek away from Lukla. They are very helpful and funny. One always stays behind to make sure everyone is ok during the trek.

We can see Kongde (6086m) from our guest house. It’s covered by snow and it’s beautiful. You can also see frozen waterfalls streaming down the side of the mountains as well.

Namche Bazaar is 3440 m above the sea level. It’s the main trade and administrative centre for the entire solu Khumbu region and has trek shops, restaurants, bakeries, pharmacies, hotels, post office, even internet café. They use hydroelectricity for lighting and cooking as well as powering the video parlours.

We had lots of nak cheese with our milks. We used to call it yak cheese, but apparently yak is male, so you can’t really call it yak cheese. When we were trekking yesterday, Malcolm, the new Zealand guy nearly got taken out by a yak. Ram took my walking pole and fended it off. I have been using walking poles a lot. They are easy on my knees for the downhill, and help me get uphills as well. Also they are good for fending off yaks and donkeys.

You can really feel the oxygen level here. I get puffed really easily. I don’t get muscles soreness after long days of walk, but I feel very light headed and sometimes get stomach cramps.

It’s rather cold and rainy here. I bought a 700 “north face” down jacket for 5000 rupees and  a water proof bag cover for 300 rupees.  Last night Ram said make sure you sleep with mouth and nose open, and I got all stressed out that my mouth might not be fully open at night.

03/05/2011

Last night we played cards after dinner. Ram taught us this card game called Shitheads. He won the first 3-4 games, and every time he won, he was really cute and laughing like a child. We went to bed at 9 pm, trying to remember to keep my mouth and nose open while sleeping. I woke up in the morning with a slightly dry/sore throat and feel a bit tight in my chest. Not sure if it was my oesophagus still hurting or it was actually my heart. I took my resting pulse; it was 80 bpm, 20-25 more than my usual pace. Garry the doctor said it was normal because the high altitude. 

Today is acclimatisation day. I thought it was a rest day, I was wrong. What acclimatisation meant was a strenuous day walk to a high altitude then come back down to Namche Bazaar to sleep.

After breakfast, we headed off to the Sagarmatha national park museum; it was half hour hike up hill. I was really puffed when we were walking. When ever we stop to have one minute break, I felt heaps better. This is a very small but comprehensive museum. It has a good collection of photos and articles about people, culture, religion, flowers, native animals, history, and mountaineering in this region. From there, we had our first view of the Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse. Those mountains looked magnificent in between clouds and mist. The photos just won’t do the justice.

Next stop was Shyangboche Panorama. It was hell of a hike up. The hike was very steep with lots of rocks and stairs.  We even walked passed the local airport. Imagine you have to walk up more than one hour to go to the airport. When we arrived in Shyangboche Panorama, we had a 10 minutes break, admiring the mountains and try to catch our breath.

After that, we hiked to Khumjung (3784m). It’s a small, quiet town surrounded by beautiful mountains. We have gained 340 metres at that point. I felt a bit light headed. We visited Khumjung Hilary School, I think it’s sponsored by Sir Edmond Hilary because his statue was in the school. Lots of the school buildings were constructed via foreign aids. Some were built by Japanese, and some were built by Belgian. I think there were others but I was too tired to check. The school also has computer lab and a large soccer ground which is very impressive.

In Khumjung, we also visited a small monastery. It was under construction, and there were no monks. We saw a yeti skull there!! After that we had lunch in Himalayan Panorama view hotel.

While we were having lunch, the sky suddenly changed. The rain started pouring down. The whole valley was covered by mist, looking mysterious and cold. I put the water proof cover on the daypack and the waterproof jacket on. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any waterproof pants. When we first started walking, it was freezing. However, the way back was much easier. Even though the road was wet and muddy, I was just glad to be walking down the hills. I definitely felt more oxygenated the more I came down.

Ram pointed out to me the construction materials for hydroelectricity and houses on the way and said they were brought in by helicopters. He said this region had got most of its money from tourism. 90% of local people were involved in trekking and expedition related tourism. Obviously nepali people living far away from tourist route are still struggling.

When we were walking down, there was a cute dog following us as well. When we stopped to take photos, he would stop as well. I took a photo of him looking at Namche Bazaar in the mist. Stunning.

We could see Namche Bazaar on the way down. It was surrounded by mist and snow capped mountains. It was magical.  Hopefully I will have my first shower tonight in 3 days and I am really looking forward to it. Today’s trek was only 6-7 km, but the altitude and the stairs made it hell. The scenery was stunning and made it all worthwhile. I am going to do some carb-loading now.

Tomorrow we are leaving Namche Bazaar, not sure when is the next time I can use internet. Will try to keep you updated.

Love
Wei

评分

参与人数 2积分 +19 收起 理由
mlstring + 3 感谢分享
老猫晒太阳 + 16

查看全部评分

Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-7-3 21:26 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 dugujiujian 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 dugujiujian 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
我很喜欢你写的游记。我也是一个很喜欢旅游的人。我星期三去文莱玩玩。 我去过西藏。尼泊尔和西藏我想应该很过地方都是比较相像吧。不过,有机会还是想去尼泊尔看看。

谢谢你能和我们分享!

发表于 2011-7-3 22:26 |显示全部楼层

回复 dugujiujian 62# 帖子

此文章由 yoyyo2000 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 yoyyo2000 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
哈哈, 谢谢哈。 等你文莱的游记!!我非常想去西藏!! 你是以澳洲公民身份去的吗??

发表于 2011-7-5 13:50 |显示全部楼层
现在发点去珠峰基地路上的照片 -- 第一部分

飞前一天我吃的Chicken Burrito。让我一晚没睡好觉。第二天上吐下泄。。。

我们在等飞机,幼稚的我们全然不晓得等待我们的时候。。中间那个是导游Ram。 尼泊尔人。 飞机很乱,和公共汽车站差不多。我们晚了2个小时,还算正常。。。

我们的飞机。可以坐20人左右

Lukla的跑道。是世界上最危险的跑道之一。。短,斜坡,在悬崖上。。。 爽。。 不过那天我食物中毒,根本没有精力害怕。。。

我们的导游的助手, Pemba, 22岁。很可爱的一个小青年。 他的一个哥哥是珠峰导游。上过珠峰3-4次, 那个时候他在西藏那边带人冲顶峰。。

一路上经过很多Mani wall。又mani stone 构成。上面都是本地佛教徒刻的经文,O-Mani-Pemi hum。 要从左边走。。。

路边小寺庙。。

当地Sherpa族妇女。前面的花布代表她已婚。  Sherpa是4-5百年前移民过来的藏族人。他们还保留着他们的文化传统,语言,还有信仰。

我们团在公园门口合照。。4个美国人,1个新西兰人,1个澳洲人,一个英国人,还有我一个中国澳洲人。一共8人。中间那个是导游。

Lukla的本地妇女。

山青水绿

毛驴铃铛伴我行

挤满各地游客的客栈,大家都歇个觉,吃个中饭

过桥了。 那天过了6坐桥。。。

桥上挂满prayer flags...

满地国花, Rhodedendron。 20多中颜色,很漂亮。

本地Porter。很苦力的工作。。重量70公斤起。。一天只有几美元的收入。还有很多外来的人抢工作。

云里雾里的Namche Bazaar。

山上气候变化很大。
Thanserku 上5分钟前。。。

5 分钟后。。。

你看到珠峰了么?

我们导游另外一个助手,25岁的Nara,已经是爹了。

应该是世界上最高的飞机场。。。感觉比Lukla可怕多了。。跑道上还有牛羊。。。

第一个登上珠峰的新西兰人Sir Edmond Hilary支助建照的学校之一。KhungJung村

村里小寺庙

满墙的经书

一遍念经,一遍打鼓。。

下山时候非常冷,云里雾里的驴子。。

真人秀

跟着我们走了很久的一条狗。。。

我们沿着左边那个小道,走阿走。。。

憨厚的牦牛。。你要靠着墙走,不然会背机下悬崖

本地sherpa小孩来和我们分享西藏饺子Momo

冰冷的河水。。。冰川融化的产物。。

客栈后面的Thanserku山,另外一番风景。。

靠着雪山的寺庙。。。

以后继续。。。。。。

评分

参与人数 4积分 +9 收起 理由
hairbei + 3 感谢分享
autrant + 2 感谢分享
jgz1918 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-7-5 17:06 |显示全部楼层
第七片。。。

04/05/2011 Wednesday, Namche Bazaar (3440 m) .
Last night after dinner, both Anna and I felt quiet tired. We went to bed just after 8pm. I think Anna felt a lot worse and lost her appetite.

I had two boiled eggs for breakfast this morning. It was a struggle because my stomach was still feeling a bit upset.

After breakfast, we had a steep climb up the side of the valley. We could see the snow capped thamserku in the close distance. Then we climbed up steadily up the hill along the valley. The valley was green and lush with lots of rhodedendron of all sorts of colours along the way. The higher we climbed, less flowers and tall trees there were as well. There were significant more small tough dark green shrubs along the way. A few yaks were glazing on the grass.

Ram pointed out the little lodge on the top of the hill which looked out if reach, and said we were going to have lunch there. The lodge was in Mong. The walk from Namche bazaar to Mong was around 4 hours.

The "good " news was that Phortse (3810m)  where we were going to stay that night was on the other side of the valley at the same altitude, which meant we had to climb all the way down after lunch, cross the river, and then climb all the way up again.

Some sections of the path were right on the cliff. I thought we were pretty lucky that no yaks were coming down in those sections of the path.

We saw some wild mountain goats and very rare musk deer on the cliff face which made you wonder why they got there and how on earth they were going to get down?!

When we arrived in Mong, I was half dead. We had a long lunch break at a Sherpa restaurant. There was a three year old Sherpa boy in there as well. His name was Pemba Sherpa. He was super cute and can speak a little English. He was playing with Chrissy & Dawn, and then were free-loading some momos off them. After lunch we went down the side of the valley. We crossed the Dudh Koshi Nadi river over a flimsy wooden bridge. The river had thus clean turquoise colour and there were  lots of big white rocks on the river bank. When the water crushed over the rocks, it had this beautiful white milky colour, hence it's name, milky river.

There were a lot of Trekkers on the trail. Everyone was very friendly and greeting each other namaste.

I really struggled going back up the hill again and I was trying to play the "om mani peme hum "song in my head to keep me going. When i arrived in Phortse (3810m), I crashed and burned for 2-3 hours and had nightmares about trekking. I told people I was traumatized by trekking at that point. Dawn told me when i said that my face was green and my lips were purple.

I woke up in cold sweat when Ram knocked on the door to tell us to go to dining room. The heater was on, he said.  The heater used yak dung, but you can't smell any shit literally. It was nice and warm. We played some cards. I had stirfry cabbage and rice for dinner. I was really craving for some fresh fruit and vegetables. Cabbage couldn't survive in such harsh environment, thus it's a luxury. I think I might get scurvy after twi weeks. I should have brought some vitamin c tablets or something.

In Phortse, we stayed in Thamserku View Lodge. The owner Kama Rita Sherpa has summited everest 5 times. And he won second in everest marathon in 2007 ( 4:32:51). Unfortunately he was on an Everest expedition, so we didn't see him. His wife was cooking for us.

Phortse is a very small town with 100-200 population. Most people working in the farms and lodges were women. Apparently most men were involved in trekking and expeditions.

Tomorrow we are walking to dingboche (4410m). It will be a longer walk, but not as steep.

Thus is probably the hardest thing I have done so far, both physically and mentally. To ensure survival, I have been snacking on snicker bars and trail bars which are probably that good for my teeth.

05/05/2011  Thursday Dingboche (4400m)
Last night i had a pretty good sleep, I woke up in a bit of sweat and could breathe ok. I had muesli and hot milk for breakfast.

It was a vert tough day today. We gained lots in altitude (590m). The trail was rough and literally on the face of the cliff. The surface of the road was getting rockier. You could really feel the change in oxygen level and altitude as the surrounding area started to look more like a death zone. There were no more big tress with flowers. There were little thrubs, more wild Himalayan mountain goats, impeyan peasants ( national bird). Male peasants were very pretty with 9 different colours in their feathers. I saw more musk deers which were very rare. We didn't see any yeti though.

When we arrived in dingboche, I was knackered (spent). We were staying at peak 38 view lodge. I had a nap for 1-2 hours. At dinner time, I had plain rice with fried vegetables. I saw some Chinese spam ( luncheon meat ) in the lodge. I had those as a treat when I was traveling with my mother on long distance train when I was really little. at that time, processed can food just started in china and was really fancy. I was always very excited about train rides because all the processed food I could get.

I asked Pemba how much the spam was. He said 600 rupees!! Cost more thank two litters of everest beer in thamel! I really craved for some meat, so I said how about You halve it. I would have half tonight and half tomorrow night. It was good, but not as good as I remembered. I also noticed it was manufactured in 2007 and was going to expire in 5months, score!!. It must have been very popular.  Tonight I am going to sleep really well. Tomorrow night we are sleeping in the same town. Tomorrow is going to be another acclimatization day which meant vigorous walking up to higher ground and back.

In the peak 38 lodge, we could see island peak ( Ijma Tse ) and peak 38.

06/05/2011. Friday. Narajun Hill

Woke up with a splitting headache today. I could feel my front lobe was pulsating. And my scalp felt really warm and puffy. My heart rate was going over 100 rpm. I was unable to speak, I had to sit in bed for 5-10 minutes before I could get out of bed. I tried to force down muesli and hot milk, but ended up vomiting everything a minute later. After that, I had to force down a few spoons of muesli to make sure I have the energy for the climb today.

There was a retired yak hanging around the lodge. It was very cute, always liked some company.

Today is another acclimatization day. We were hiking up narajun hill and tried to reach the peak. I was exhausted, I think I made 2/3 way through ( maybe around 4600-4700 m). We saw a different angle of Ama Dublam and peak 38. It was pretty amazing to see yourself standing at a height that even helicopters find it hard to reach.

The view was stunning, but I was too sick to appreciate. I took a couple of photos and then headed down. I had lunch with leftover luncheon meat. I crashed and burned on the couch in the dining room for 3-4 hours. When I woke up, I was feeling slight Better and started reading "into thin air" again. And it brought me to tears thinking what kind of dedication those climbers had or hardship they had to go through to conquer those mountains. All I am doing is walking to the base camp and I feel like death. Not too far to go now. Just a few more days.

07/05/2011. Saturday. Lobuche (4910 m) alpine inn

Last night, Dawn gave me some high altitude pills and advised me to take every 12 hours. I was very very grateful. It was so dumb that I was so underprepared.

I had a reasonable sleep. I woke up a few times feeling cold. In the morning I woke up in sweat. I had a slight headache, no tightness in the chest. My fingers and toes were tingling as a side effects of the medication. Today's trek felt relatively "easier" compare to yesterday. Team mates said I had got a bit more colour on my face as well.

We had a steep climb in the valley. The trail was really rocky with very minimal vegetation. we walked passed a memorial for past dead Trekkers and mountaineers. One of them was Scott Fischer. The other famous one was Babu Chiricahua Sherpa. He summited everest 11 times. Two Summits in a week, he spent 21 hours on summit without oxygen. Apparently he died taking photos for other people while walking back too far(??? Need to confirm).

We headed to Thokla (4620 m) for a break. Then we walked uphill among all the big rocks and we made our way to lobuche (4910m).

I was feeling generally Better but still very exhausted. After lunch ( garlic soup with Tibetan bread), We did a vert steep 30 minutes climb to see the Khumbu glacier. It was freezing. After we came back, I had a 3-4 hour nap. Tomorrow is another big day! Everest base camp!!!

08/05/2011 Sunday gorak shep, 5140m. Snowland highest inn.

Ram's quote,
"look, this is the Everest, ing crazy mountain. Lots of people fief there"
"those porters are carrying human waste down from the base camp. 150 rupees per kilo".

Today was the toughest day I ever bad. We got up at 5 am, couldn't really complain. We had breakfast at 5 30 am, and left lobuche (4910 m) at 6 am. It was foggy and freezing. Everything had been covered by a thin layer of frost including a few wandering yaks. Then it started snowing. I didn't not think I have been this cold in my life.  I had a layer of thermal, and a layer of fleece. i also had a bandana scarf to cover my mouth and face which I had to constantly take off to breathe. A beanie which covered my head and ears. The skin around my nose was constant sore from the constant blowing. My nose had been blocked for days, which was a good thing because I couldn't smell myself.

The walk to gorak shep was uneventful. Nothing looked alive except a few people/yaks that passed us.

when we arrived, we had a 9 am early lunch. Then we headed off to the base camp. We were walking on the edge of the Khumbu glacier, many times on the landslides. There were lots of ups and downs.

The trail was mainly consists of rocks and dust. Small rocks tend to be vert slippery, had to be very careful. Big rocks can be worse, because you don't want to step on a loose piece of rock or get your foot stuck in there.

We were literally ( for real, not figuratively speaking) walking on the top of the glacier. During monsoon season, the glacier will become very unstable and cracks constantly, as a result, no trekkers or climbers will go there during that time. The glacier was partly covered by dry landslide ( which we walked on) and partly exposed. The exposed part was turquoise like from some fairytale.

The wind blew off it was very chilling. Some patches we walked on had gravels mixed with ice and water.it was slightly worrying. It took good three hours to get there. Distance wise, it was not very far, but the altitude, up & down hills and road conditions made it feel like a million miles when we got there (5364 m). We saw around 100 tents pinched over the glacier. We stood around for 20-30 minutes, and took some photos. Gary and Eric the father and son combo from wyoming are the fittest in the group. They  even walked to one of the tents and visited their friends from back home. This couple are planning to summit the everest in the middle of may. You should have seen the Khumbu icefall they have to cross numerous times to get to camp 1.

I think the craziest thing I would do is just to get to the camp. I can't imagine base camp is actually the starting point for them. They must be crazy.

I was not sure what I was thinking when I sighed up 2-3 months ago. I must had been a blind hopeless romantic who didn't know what she got herself into. And I still can't believe Anna agreed to come along.

This is probably one of the most physically and mentally challenging  thing I have done in my life. I think my next holiday will be an easier one. Thailand would be a good start.

Lobuche and gorak shep were completed set up for Trekkers and mountaineers. There were no local people other than people working in the lodges. The only green plants were the fake ones on the window seal. There is no potato or barley growing here. It's a complete dead zone with sand, rocks and ice.

We had really good luck today with weather, the sky was clear. We saw Ama dublam, pumo ri (7165m), nuptse 7864m, lobuche west 6135, lobuche east 6090, lhotse 8516 m,  shar tse (peak 38) 7591m, cholatse 6335 m. We even saw saw four climbers near the summit of lobuche west.

Keep in touch
Love, wei

评分

参与人数 2积分 +23 收起 理由
老猫晒太阳 + 20
mlstring + 3 最后3分。全部奉上。。。

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-7-5 20:26 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 不负有心人 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 不负有心人 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
只能表示仰慕
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2011-7-6 12:12 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 mileswu2000 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 mileswu2000 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
真好~~~

发表于 2011-7-6 17:36 |显示全部楼层
尼泊尔最后一片,到达珠峰基地营。。。  下一篇 泰国。。。

路边小牦牛,好可爱的。想牵走。。

山上佛教徒堆砌来的石头

冲小山顶上往下看农田。

有人的地方就有pray flags

很难爬的一个山 Ama Dablam 不同角度看。 海拔6,812米

如在仙境

仙境

团友歇个觉

荒原和雪山。你可以看到山上我们走过来的小路

读过Into Thin Air 的人都会知道Scott Fischer是何人。

旁边是冰川。 冰川一直通到珠峰基地。基地就在冰川上面。