新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 斑点MM 必读! 关于激光和IPL去斑, 亲身经历, 惨痛经验,有兴趣的MM们请进来讨论! (2009-6-21) tiffany_yuyu · 呆呆买房记---我们在"远东"的家(填坑完毕) (2007-11-17) daidailx
· 游记-驾车塔斯曼尼亚省自助游五日! (2009-5-7) lyao · 小E ---- 更新完了 (2008-12-8) 第一名
Advertisement
Advertisement
楼主:tina50

还是学英语吧 [复制链接]

发表于 2020-6-15 18:34 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tina50 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tina50 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
bigcrow 发表于 2020-6-15 17:30
Hitchhiking echidna survives 10km ride in engine cavity on NSW north coast

这个有意思,谢谢分享,看了一下原文

A hitchhiking echidna is almost ready to be released back into the wild after surviving a 10-kilometre car ride on the vehicle's engine.

Chrisy Clay from Northern Rivers Wildlife Carers said the adult male echidna suffered burns during the journey on the New South Wales north coast earlier this month.

"The driver had seen the echidna earlier, but when she checked around the car a few hours later and couldn't see it she thought it had moved on," Ms Clay said.

"So she jumped in the car at Lennox Head, drove to East Ballina and it was only when she stopped that people actually saw the echidna emerge from underneath the car."

Ms Clay said it appeared the animal had been clinging to the car's engine block.

"It had to be somewhere it could hold on, because it was in the car for about 10 kilometres and it also had to be near something hot … because we could see a patch of burned spines," she said.

"It was extremely traumatised. It was in a really bad state."

Ms Clay said motorists should be especially wary at this time of year when echidnas were mating.

"The cooler weather heralds the start of the echidna breeding season when they will be at their busiest, searching for a mate and raising their young," she said.

"Echidnas are particularly at risk of being hit by cars when trying to cross busy roads.

"We know that echidnas are inquisitive, but I've not heard of one climbing up into an engine cavity before.

"My daughter names all the echidnas that come into care, and she's affectionately called him Toasted."
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2020-6-15 18:35 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 tina50 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 tina50 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
结局不错:

Key points:
An echidna rides 10 kilometres in a car's engine cavity
It emerges with burned spines and is taken into care
The animal is now set to be released

评分

参与人数 1积分 +6 收起 理由
bigcrow + 6 感谢深究

查看全部评分

发表于 2020-6-15 21:38 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bigcrow 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bigcrow 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
tina50 发表于 2020-6-15 18:34
这个有意思,谢谢分享,看了一下原文

A hitchhiking echidna is almost ready to be released back into ...

Curiosity killed the cat
We know that echidnas are inquisitive

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
tina50 + 5 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2020-6-16 08:13 |显示全部楼层
bigcrow 发表于 2020-6-15 21:38
Curiosity killed the cat
We know that echidnas are inquisitive

所以好奇心太重不好

发表于 2020-6-18 21:28 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 tina50 于 2020-6-18 21:32 编辑

看了一篇幼儿园等级的阅读,感慨啊,幼儿园的就这么深了,我应该去幼儿园上学才对。
不是很明白,幼儿园就认识这么多字了?还是家长和老师读给小朋友听?
是不是小朋友因为英语是母语,所以能听懂,但不一定认得这些字?

What Are Shadows?

Some things block light. That means no light can get through that thing. Human bodies block light.

When light can’t go through something, a dark area forms by the thing. This dark area is called a shadow. Have you seen your shadow before?

If you stand in the sun, you can usually see your shadow on the ground.

Try to play with your shadow! Make it bigger. Then make it smaller. Can you make it into different shapes?

评分

参与人数 1积分 +6 收起 理由
bcfc489 + 6 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2020-6-20 22:29 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 tina50 于 2020-6-20 22:39 编辑

无意中看到这首诗, 链接里有语音朗诵

Because I could not stop for Death
BY EMILY DICKINSON

Because I could not stop for Death –
He kindly stopped for me –
The Carriage held but just Ourselves –
And Immortality.

We slowly drove – He knew no haste
And I had put away
My labor and my leisure too,
For His Civility –

We passed the School, where Children strove
At Recess – in the Ring –
We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain –
We passed the Setting Sun –

Or rather – He passed Us –
The Dews drew quivering and Chill –
For only Gossamer, my Gown –
My Tippet – only Tulle –

We paused before a House that seemed
A Swelling of the Ground –
The Roof was scarcely visible –
The Cornice – in the Ground –

Since then – 'tis Centuries – and yet
Feels shorter than the Day
I first surmised the Horses' Heads
Were toward Eternity –

https://www.poetryfoundation.org ... -stop-for-death-479
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2020-6-20 22:34 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 tina50 于 2020-6-21 07:09 编辑
tina50 发表于 2020-6-20 22:29
Because I could not stop for Death
BY EMILY DICKINSON

百度上有译文:因为我不能停步等候死神

因为我不能停步等候死神
他殷勤停车接我
车厢里只有我们俩
还有“永生”同座

我们缓缓而行,他知道无需急促
我也抛开劳作
和闲暇,以回报
他的礼貌

我们经过学校,恰逢课间休息
孩子们正喧闹,在操场上
我们经过注目凝视的稻谷的田地
我们经过沉落的太阳

也许该说,是他经过我们而去
露水使我颤抖而且发凉
因为我的衣裳,只是薄纱
我的披肩,只是绢网

我们停在一幢屋前,这屋子
仿佛是隆起的地面
屋顶,勉强可见
屋檐,低于地面

从那时算起,已有几个世纪
却似乎短过那一天的光阴
那一天,我初次猜出
马头,朝向永恒

https://bkso.baidu.com/item/因为我不能停步等候死神

发表于 2020-6-21 11:11 |显示全部楼层
很喜欢The Seekers演唱的I Am Australian, Judith Durham唱的真好。

听的我都想入籍了。

发表于 2020-6-24 22:08 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 tina50 于 2020-6-25 07:12 编辑
I am, thoroughly and unapologetically, a “dog person.” I simply love dogs, all dogs: big ones, small ones, hyper ones, calm ones, fluffy ones, sleek ones, purebreds,mutts, and everything in between. There’s just one problem with all this. I live in apartment that does not allow pets. I adore dogs, but I cannot have one myself.

我是一个彻底的、绝对的 "爱狗人士"。我就是喜欢狗,喜欢所有的狗:不管大的,小的,闹腾的,安静的,毛茸茸的,光滑的,纯种的,还是杂种的。这么说吧,只要是狗,甭管啥品种,也别管长啥样,我就是喜欢。唯一的问题是,我住公寓,而那里不允许养狗。所以尽管我这么爱狗,却不能自己养一只。

发表于 2020-6-24 22:10 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Tasha 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Tasha 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
这是好帖!

评分

参与人数 1积分 +2 收起 理由
tina50 + 2 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2020-6-25 07:11 |显示全部楼层
Tasha 发表于 2020-6-24 22:10
这是好帖!

谢谢鼓励
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2020-6-25 13:44 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 娇娃 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 娇娃 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
tina50 发表于 2020-6-24 22:08
我是一个彻底的、绝对的 "爱狗人士"。我就是喜欢狗,喜欢所有的狗:不管大的,小的,闹腾的,安静的,毛 ...

big ones, small ones, hyper ones, calm ones, fluffy ones, sleek ones, purebreds,mutts-----

Got so many adjectivty words.

评分

参与人数 1积分 +5 收起 理由
tina50 + 5 感谢分享

查看全部评分

发表于 2020-6-25 20:40 |显示全部楼层
娇娃 发表于 2020-6-25 13:44
big ones, small ones, hyper ones, calm ones, fluffy ones, sleek ones, purebreds,mutts-----

Got so ...

我也喜欢宠物

发表于 2020-6-28 20:50 |显示全部楼层
The British government has started a new project to help men manage the responsibilities of fatherhood. Fathers will be able to attend workshops and take lessons on how to be a better father. The new scheme hopes to slow down the rate of family breakdown in the U.K. Over a million British children are growing up without a father.

政府在这方面投入精力挺好的

评分

参与人数 1积分 +6 收起 理由
bigcrow + 6 感谢分享

查看全部评分