新足迹

找回密码
 注册

精华好帖回顾

· 冰与火的世界 - 2023 冰岛12天环岛游-更新完毕 (2023-10-19) aus2005 · 顺利做完宫腹腔镜!!!详细报告!!(更新) (2009-6-2) 天天开心
· 墨尔本mm买 房 记 (照片已撤) (2007-1-17) melbourne_mm · Adelaide 游记 -《指环》 第一夜 -《女武神》 (2005-1-16) 闲过信陵饮
Advertisement
Advertisement
查看: 25026|回复: 107

[NSW] 关于女校abbotsleigh的enroll, 女儿现在pre school [复制链接]

发表于 2017-1-25 12:28 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 pinghan 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 pinghan 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
帮女儿enroll了abbotsleigh的kindy被告知没有位子,现在再看其他的年级有没有位子,abb这么抢手啊
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-1-27 08:18 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Carnation 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Carnation 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
昨天聚会,碰到Ravenwood 的妈妈,ravenwood 也很好,如果孩子聪明,学校会skip grades,提前教adevanced stuff.

发表于 2017-1-28 09:59 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 喜真真 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 喜真真 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
要上abb的小学,一般都是baby的时候就去排队了,私校中的佼佼者,当然抢手了。你现在可以去排队他们的year 7

发表于 2017-1-28 11:33 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 新花花新 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 新花花新 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Abb你再等等,可能开学前会有订了位但没来的,我们去年快开学了通知我们有位子,不过我们没去

发表于 2017-1-29 09:41 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 pinghan 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 pinghan 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
新花花新 发表于 2017-1-28 11:33
Abb你再等等,可能开学前会有订了位但没来的,我们去年快开学了通知我们有位子,不过我们没去 ...

那你们去了哪里呀

发表于 2017-1-29 09:41 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
Carnation 发表于 2017-1-27 08:18
昨天聚会,碰到Ravenwood 的妈妈,ravenwood 也很好,如果孩子聪明,学校会skip grades,提前教adevanced st ...

没研究过这个学校,待会看看
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-1-29 09:42 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
喜真真 发表于 2017-1-28 09:59
要上abb的小学,一般都是baby的时候就去排队了,私校中的佼佼者,当然抢手了。你现在可以去排队他们的year  ...

我说了无论哪个年纪有空缺我们都去的

发表于 2017-1-29 11:08 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 Carnation 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 Carnation 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
pinghan 发表于 2017-1-29 09:42
我说了无论哪个年纪有空缺我们都去的

我拿到了year 5 entry, 没有去。

发表于 2017-1-30 12:42 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bing_lili 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bing_lili 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
abb成绩好,抢手很正常啊,其他女私校一般不至于这么难申请

发表于 2017-1-30 17:30 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 ellepopo 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 ellepopo 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
Abb最近排名下降了,没以前好了

发表于 2017-1-31 17:19 来自手机 |显示全部楼层
还有啥好的私校呀
Advertisement
Advertisement

发表于 2017-2-1 08:23 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 bing_lili 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 bing_lili 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
pinghan 发表于 2017-1-31 16:19
还有啥好的私校呀

我个人觉得,就地图上看下自己家交通能接受的范围里有哪几个私校,然后上网申请tour,或者openday去看看,选学校也是很个性的事情,还是自己实地看了满意最重要。

发表于 2017-2-7 16:51 |显示全部楼层
现在还在waiting list 上面太难报

发表于 2017-2-7 16:52 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 洋芋土豆 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 洋芋土豆 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
估计稍微一等

发表于 2017-2-7 17:00 |显示全部楼层
洋芋土豆 发表于 2017-2-7 16:52
估计稍微一等

那个enrolment 说我们前面有20个在waiting list
头像被屏蔽

禁止发言

发表于 2017-2-7 22:06 |显示全部楼层
此文章由 owner 原创或转贴,不代表本站立场和观点,版权归 oursteps.com.au 和作者 owner 所有!转贴必须注明作者、出处和本声明,并保持内容完整
User #707221   2 posts
yanange
I'm new here, please be nice
reference: whrl.pl/ReqN4H
posted 2015-Oct-21, 3:22 am AEST

I myself entered a prestigious all girl's private school, Pymble Ladies College at Year 7. I came from an Asian background and only migrated to Australia when I was 9 and and attended English as a second language class at a local public primary school. I was supposed to go to a local public high school but my parents placed my name down for Pymble and surprisingly I got in. Well maybe not that surprisingly as it is a massive school, (I left in 2002, so I am an OLDER alumni). Just speaking of Pymble itself.

Pros:
1. Facilities and extra-corricular programs: mountains of facilities, top of the class buildings and grounds, has a pool, gym, oval for horse riding etc etc etc. Also a very wide range of sporting (like rowing, cricket tennis, netball etc, musical (choir, chamber orchestra, dance etc) and social activities (newsletter team, debating, moots etc). The sporting teams always won competitions while I was at school and very musically talented too.
2. Academics: very strong overall academic results at HSC level, my year had four girls who ended in with UAI of 100 and a cohort who had more than 50% in UAI of 90.
3. Teachers – the teachers were passionate, I had some great learning experiences whilst at the school, whether or not you were the top of your class, you were catered for, though that being said, it's impossible to always get the best teachers. The teachers that were really poor, I remember in my year we complained a lot to the school or the parents did, and the school took immediate action and those under performing teachers were gone very soon. The teachers were all very diligent and passionate about their jobs which is a good thing as a student.
4. Discipline- if you want a strict school, this is one with strict uniform policies and house mark demerit points.
5. Networking – This school does offer a great network but then I guess it's more to do with the higher socio-economic profile of the student cohort.

Cons: (bear in mind I am Asian, English was my second language and I was not a top student, I only transferred to Pymble at Year 7 and didn't live around the north shore area.)
1. Size of school – if you are not a top student, you will just become a number in the school system, the grade was massive, very cliquey, the asians hung out with asians, the smart girls with smart girls, the smart asian group, the artsy groups etc etc.
2. Social – there wasn't a lot of group mixing etc, in my year we had a set of twin girls who attended from kindergarten but were clearly disadvantaged due to learning problems, however, up to year 11, there was a lot of hazing and bullying happening in the school. The school did next to nothing about this issue and it's a very sad thing to see, the principal at the time solely focused at the top tier of sporting, academic and music arenas and neglected many other students.
3. Discipline – Oh in year 9, drugs became a problem, half of my form was expelled or left to go to other private schools or public schools. The bullying situation occurred in the boarding house as well especially as this school banked on the higher fees from boarders, many of the boarders who entered in year 9 or year 10 were bullied and they had clothing being stolen, cut or shouted names etc, quite racist comments too. Let's just say the pastoral program is quite insufficient.

If you are to send your kids to a tertiary education in NSW. When I left Pymble and attended USYD to do a commerce degree, I noticed many more kids from varied cultural and social backgrounds and realised how secluded I was in the Pymble environment. As NSW has a skewed system with the selective but public high school, a lot of kids are from selective high schools did the commerce course. Yet kids from public non-selective high schools did very well for themselves as they had ambition in life and very clear goals, plus there wasn't a lot of spoon feeding for them throughout high school and they got to university on their own merits so they toughed it out in this university setting whereby individual learning and analytical thinking was valued above all.

Going a private school has its pros with top resources etc however, as someone who went to Pymble, I wouldn't want to send my daughter there, it's too cliquely and if you are not a top student, I think you wouldn't have the chance to trial a lot of the opportunities as stated in the prospectus. But if you want academics, Pymble definitely had the right teachers that will spoon feed you and did the work for you.

A lot of my friends came from private girl schools like Meriden, PLC Croydon, Ravenswood, Barker, Monte, Wenona, Kincoppal Rose Bay and Ascham and all loved it, they were smaller schools that had a more caring environment. So really for the 25k+ you will pay per annum. Selecting a smaller school whereby your daughter can shine is a much wiser choice.
Advertisement
Advertisement
头像被屏蔽